Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Well this post has gone to shit. I'm done here adios
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Probably should have grown something besides cotton.
View Quote

Maybe you should learn history
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

CavScout and others are no better then those shitbags.
View Quote

@TowerTasteless you have a LOT to learn LOL. Yes, you caught me, I raped and pillaged my way through every southern town then destroyed all of their statues when I am done. Did you see me in the news? So what interested you in the great world of ARFCOM fellow enthusiast?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My Uncle asked me to go with him to buy a go cart for his son. As we looked them over he said I like this one but I’m not not about the “tech-a-moosh-eee” engine. I laughed and said it was a “ta-cum-sey” He said…that’s why the guy looked at me so funny yesterday.

That!s all I’ve got.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
His army burned, raped and looted their way across GA.
View Quote

Are you talking about Sherman or ANTIFA?

It's kinda hard to tell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tell everyone how much you hate general Curtis LeMay.  I bet you can’t stand George Patton?
View Quote

Civil vs foreign war. Even though civil wars tend to be the most brutal, excessive brutality is shortsighted, for the same reason it's not great to antagonize your neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who the hell is Sherman Tecumseh Sherman?
View Quote

Wasn’t he married to Wheezy?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
GD: Sherman was scum, fuck him etc...

GD: LeMay was a national treasure, we need men like him today etc...
View Quote

1860 - despises the Federal Government and the strangle hold it has on everyone - traitorous scum

2024 - despises the Federal Government and the strangle hold it has on everyone - patriotic hero
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@TowerTasteless you have a LOT to learn LOL. Yes, you caught me, I raped and pillaged my way through every southern town then destroyed all of their statues when I am done. Did you see me in the news? So what interested you in the great world of ARFCOM fellow enthusiast?
View Quote

You need help.  This level of animosity towards so.eone who died well over a century ago isn't healthy.  Trying to destroy what's left of that person isn't healthy.  It'll be hard to actually learn from the history when all the first hand bits are destroyed.  So instead my two book box set of Grant's and Sherman's memoirs will be here on Friday.  It'll go nicely with Longstreet on my Civil War shelf.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool. Would have loved to have his copy of Grant's memoirs, or at least have the opportunity to read through it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Threads like this are why so many people make fun of the South.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fucking lol.

Japan had an entire generation wiped out, with cities reduced to ash by napalm and nuclear fire, and they still whine less than Southerners.
View Quote

Southerners still crying about the civil war are no better than blacks still pissing and moaning about slavery. Sherman knew how to win and did. Now go fucking cry about it losers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1860 - despises the Federal Government and the strangle hold it has on everyone - traitorous scum

2024 - despises the Federal Government and the strangle hold it has on everyone - patriotic hero
View Quote

1786-Should have picked their own damn cotton.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You need help.  This level of animosity towards so.eone who died well over a century ago isn't healthy.  Trying to destroy what's left of that person isn't healthy.  It'll be hard to actually learn from the history when all the first hand bits are destroyed.  So instead my two book box set of Grant's and Sherman's memoirs will be here on Friday.  It'll go nicely with Longstreet on my Civil War shelf.
View Quote

Are you on the spectrum or just tarded? Your name fits pretty well though. I am not the actual “Collector” and just finished burning history but you seem to be stuck on stupid. DU is that way <—————-

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Southerners still crying about the civil war are no better than blacks still pissing and moaning about slavery. Sherman knew how to win and did. Now go fucking cry about it losers.
View Quote

A’men!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Corrected.  Happy now?

Oh look, a southerner that doesn't like General Sherman.  Boo hoo.

GEN. SHERMAN'S NYC ADDRESS, 1878 $4700

View Quote

What is this nationalist bullcrap?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:09:54 AM EDT
[#17]
What is ironic or moronic is that 90% of the population has no ancestor that was in the fight.

Yet the same people have to tell those that have ancestors that fought in the war between the states what the meaning of nation is.

I believe in history and the preservation of history. There are those that think that just because you reside in these United States that deserve has to be given for doing nothing.

Men died to form the Union, Men died to keep the Union together. And Men die protecting the Union. But the Men that died on both sides of the conflict should not be forgotten or chastised for what they believed in or what they were doing was righteous to each individual.

What I find loathsome is that the family that has put a price on their family history, and has decided that money is more important than family, Country. I guess that is a yankee thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you on the spectrum or just tarded? Your name fits pretty well though. I am not the actual “Collector” and just finished burning history but you seem to be stuck on stupid. DU is that way <—————-

View Quote

So the new GDer stance is you're a leftists if you want to preserve American history.  That's a new one.  Seek help, you clearly need it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How Islamic of you.  Anyone willing to destroy history, be it good bad or indifferent, is scum of the earth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish the collector guy would buy that then burn it all on national television.

How Islamic of you.  Anyone willing to destroy history, be it good bad or indifferent, is scum of the earth.

There is a big difference between buying something to destroy it and destroying let’s say a Robert E Lee statue standing in a public square.
One is principle putting your money where your mouth is and the other is terrorism.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I knew this thread would bring out the Confederates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish the collector guy would buy that then burn it all on national television.

If I won the lottery, I would make this dream come true. Fuck him and Lincoln.

Watching daily what is happening to our country it is easy to fall on the side of the confederates. Some people can’t see that but I can. But I also understand there was more to the civil war than slavery.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you take a break from pulling down statues to post this?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#22]
The wailing and gnashing of teeth here is incredible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#23]
So, what does a war criminal’s personal possessions fetch?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Admittedly a troll thread and rated accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is a big difference between buying something to destroy it and destroying let’s say a Robert E Lee statue standing in a public square.
One is principle putting your money where your mouth is and the other is terrorism.
View Quote

There is no difference.  Both are emotionally driven temper tantrums from immature people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#26]
How much did his Bic lighter sale for?

Fuck that murderous blue belly scum.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I’d be curious to see his reaction ion to our current “government” and see if he changes his mind .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Corrected.  Happy now?

Oh look, a southerner that doesn't like General Sherman.  Boo hoo.

GEN. SHERMAN'S NYC ADDRESS, 1878 $4700

I’d be curious to see his reaction ion to our current “government” and see if he changes his mind .

Same here.  He may have been apolitical tool of the state and just "a soldier following orders".  There's plenty of brilliant people throughout history that do the bidding of the state.  The problem today is the state has gone completely insane.  In one of those Sherman auction item descriptions, I'll try to track it down again, there's a quote saying he did not vote.  Not didn't vote for Lincoln, just didn't vote.  That might have been for just that one election but still, not even vote for Lincon.  Very interesting.

--

ETA

GEN. SHERMAN'S LINCOLN BOOKS $4200

Though General Sherman and President Lincoln’s relationship seemed to develop to one of mutual respect, Sherman was inherently skeptical of politics and politicians. He wrote to his brother John about the election of 1864: "I almost despair of a popular Government, but if we must be so inflicted I suppose Lincoln is the best choice, but I am not a voter."
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Just here to say fuck Sherman.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

"You all can kiss mah Rebel dick."
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So, what does a war criminal’s personal possessions fetch?
View Quote

All sold prices are posted.  Add it all up and report back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#31]
RARE RECRUITMENT BROADSIDE FOR COLORED SOLDIERS $24,000

In the description:

Over 180,000 Black men served as soldiers in the Union Army with another 19,000 enlisted into the Navy. While the dangers of war, infection, and disease were omnipresent threats for all soldiers, Black soldiers faced the menace of enslavement or re-enslavement if captured. Fort Pillow horrifically demonstrated that even in surrender, African American troops were summarily executed rather than taken as prisoners of war. They even faced discriminatory treatment within their own ranks and equal pay to white soldiers was not guaranteed until June 1864.
View Quote

You want to talk about war crimes?  Whoever ordered and/or participated in this should've been executed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fucking lol.

Japan had an entire generation wiped out, with cities reduced to ash by napalm and nuclear fire, and they still whine less than Southerners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, we still hurting from that sum-bitch.
Fucking lol.

America rebuilt Japan.  The north sent carpet baggers to fuck the South for multiple generations.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"may undertake to destroy this Government by violence."
View Quote

That confused hypocritical sonofabitch invaded, destroyed and took arms away from Americans defending their homeland.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Admittedly a troll thread and rated accordingly.
View Quote

One man's troll thread is another man's history thread.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Is the plaster casting of licoln's dick included or will that be retained in the private collection?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1786-Should have picked their own damn cotton.
View Quote

It's hard to argue with that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
America rebuilt Japan.  The north sent carpet baggers to fuck the South for multiple generations.
View Quote

Southern government agents, i.e., law enforcement, politicians, courts, didn't just disappear after the war.  For the most part they went back to work at their old jobs and continued to fuck with Blacks for multiple generations.  It was another form of civil war, fought (mostly) without weapons.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get a copy of Sheridan's Memoirs too, he was just as tough as Sherman.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Why don’t you come on down here…boy?

Lee marched through Maryland and Southern PA. Several Confederate raids into the northern states. How many reports of raping, looting, and burning resulted? None

If Lee would’ve resorted to guerilla tactics, the story may have been much different, but he was a Christian man of principle. Unlike the drunken war criminal you celebrate.

Most of you would say Washington and the Continental Army were traitors, if they’d have lost.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Southern government agents, i.e., law enforcement, politicians, courts, didn't just disappear after the war.  For the most part they went back to work at their old jobs and continued to fuck with Blacks for multiple generations.  It was another form of civil war, fought (mostly) without weapons.
View Quote

Yea, just because the Southern whites are evil. It has nothing to do with a criminal element within that demographic exploiting the ashes of postwar wreckage.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

5 years ago I would vehemently disagree, but since destroying monuments and historical artifacts is so popular these days why not?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd be keeping that in the family if it was something from a famous relative. Some people just see Dollar signs, I guess
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Whooped Johnny Reb so bad his great great great grandsons are still bitching about it.  God bless that man.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Sherman reintroduced the concept of Total War. You support/pay taxes/supply my enemy. That makes you my enemy.
No different than all those B-17s/B-24s/B-29s bombing the shit outta Germany and Japan.

There's nothing romantic or gentlemanly about war, it's the worst thing we can cook up. Anyone who thinks so has watched too much of Gone With the Wind.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sherman reintroduced the concept of Total War. You support/pay taxes/supply my enemy. That makes you my enemy.
No different than all those B-17s/B-24s/B-29s bombing the shit outta Germany and Japan.

There's nothing romantic or gentlemanly about war, it's the worst thing we can cook up. Anyone who thinks so has watched too much of Gone With the Wind.
View Quote
It's a necessary evil.  Shouldn't be celebrated nor demonized IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#47]
I see a lot talk conflating the removal of monuments with the destruction of actual historical artifacts. I don't even think monuments and artifacts are in the same ballpark.

For one thing, monuments are often placed well after the men they commemorate have accomplished their deeds. The statue of Robert E. Lee in Lee park in Dallas (which was renamed in 2019) was put there in 1936. It was connected to Lee in name only, unlike his personal effects, journals, letters, weapons, etc. from the actual time of the Civil War.

I believe that there is little if nothing to be learned from monuments. That is not to say that they don't serve a purpose. They do, it's just not an educational one. Therefore, removing them, as egregious as it might be to some, doesn't destroy or erase history.

The destruction of historical artifacts, literature, etc. does erase history, however. These are things we can learn from.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He allowed black troops to rape white women and then burned their cloths and then their houses
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He allowed black troops to rape white women and then burned their cloths and then their houses
View Quote
Yeah that's a bit excessive if true.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is Willem Defoe related to him
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is Willem Defoe related to him

I am a direct descendant of his cousin, Orange Sherman.    

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top