Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you see a bunch of sneakers hanging across the telephone pole wires on the street corners.
When it's 0400hrs and you're at a shots fired call at a christening.
There is more garbage in the streets than in the garbage cans.
There are roosters crowing at 0400hrs on the fire escape 5 stories up in a pre-war tenement bldg.
When torn out hair extensions are vouchered as evidence.
When you have RIP memorials spray painted on the sides of bodegas.
When you see 45yr old men riding tiny kids bikes up and down the street.
Every elevator has fresh urine, 8 half eaten chicken wings and the insides of a cigar blunt on the floor.
Ice block snow cones.
When the local fried chicken place also sells human hair wigs.
Throwing your garbage and filled up baby diapers out your apartment window into the alleyway.
Basketball hoops made out of plastic milk crates with the bottom cut out, wired to a street lamp pole.
View Quote

Housing wasn't available?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Around here it’s obese whites women buying SCCYs and Tauruses for their babydaddies, paying for them with wads of cash that they pull out of their bras.

Spoiler alert: They get a refund.

The males wear masks because they don’t want to get tagged by cameras as opposed to avoiding the Shanghai Shivers, don’t want to touch any guns, stink like weed, and point out the guns they want to the obese buttergolems they’re having sex with until they inevitably impregnate them and then ghost.
View Quote

I think I know EXACTLY which WI gun shop you're talking about!  If so: they tried to run a clean operation but had some extremely bad luck in having one of those straw buyers flip a gun to a guy that shot a cop. The ensuing lawsuits and media BS were crippling. Gun shop was in a decent part of town but only a 5 minute drive from the 'hood.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I watched 2 ( obese) female dependopotomuses take their 2 large sized fast food bags and cups and just drop them on the ground outside their car window while they sat in a empty parking lot.  Lots of vibrancy.
View Quote

I asked an urban-type co-worker about that and the response was "that creates jobs for others". Which I took as a rationalization for laziness, stupidity and passive-aggressive behavior.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Getting into fights at the ER.

Getting into fights with doctors over exhaustive efforts to keep a clearly deceased person alive because you can't cash that check if the doctah say she dead.

Getting into fights at funerals.

Getting into fights at amusement parks.

Getting into fights at grocery stores.

View Quote

IIRC: there was a drive-by shooting at a funeral in Milwaukee last summer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Driving with your seat reclined to the max. Same for the one riding shotgun.
View Quote

I worked for an urban mass transit operation. "Certain" drivers would break the seat-back mechanism to recline the seat further than designed. Driver's seats were a constant maintenance issue.

And then dump the air out of the seat suspension to get into low-rider mode. Which negated the shock-absorbing feature of the air-ride seats and led to back problems.

Speaking of: I've seen big-rig drivers doing the low-ride thing. Look at the truck and see only the driver's eyes looking out over the bottom of the side window. Lotta WTF there!
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@SScot

Making a childish slap & run insult while hiding behind your computer screen.... Sissy.
View Quote
Irony is not lost.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]

I kinda want one of those...
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Yards with no grass
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
How about a store with 24 packs of beer cut in half to make 12 packs with duct tape?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How about a store with 24 packs of beer cut in half to make 12 packs with duct tape?
View Quote
That has been going on for ages. Used to be a small local place that let us make our own 6 packs by cutting the 12 pack in two.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I worked at a head shop for a few years. It was common for us to do that to keep from having to raise prices.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I worked at a head shop for a few years. It was common for us to do that to keep from having to raise prices.
View Quote
Only place I ever saw that was a sketchy store outside the back gate at Great Lakes Naval Station.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Flamin’ hot Cheetos.
View Quote

Awwww, hell naw dawg. You got to have Flamin' hot's with meat and cheese from the corner store and served open top with a plastic spoon in it.

Red pop to go with that.

Liquor stores that hand out plastic cups with ice for your Paul Mason or Hennessy.

All of the liquor stores are owned and operated by Middle Eastern types, all of them and they are all named Sam.

Bottle memorials at crime scenes.

Elote's and ice cream from the cart guy.

The proper response to "Huh" is "Huh".

House store fronts that sell candy, hot dogs and the previously mentioned Flamin' hot's with meat and cheese.

The never ending sound of the ice cream truck in summer.

There is so much more to list.

If you ain't seen these things, you ain't been in the Ghetto, Joe.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Drive a Chrysler
View Quote

drive a Kia or Hyundai
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Being "axed" to "Light the Eyes" when lighting up Gas Appliances.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Flamin’ hot Cheetos.
View Quote

That's more of an Indian (feather, not dot) thing around here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
... obese buttergolems ...
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Nome sane?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only place I ever saw that was a sketchy store outside the back gate at Great Lakes Naval Station.
View Quote

North Chicago outside gate 4 was a lot of fun.
Edited to add “in the mid-eighties”
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What are some ghetto things youve seen people do? Dress? Say? Anything really...

A real ghetto thing thats pretty common are kids coming to school with kool aid packets. They open the pack and dip their finger in it and lick their finger till all the powder is gone. Id love to call the kids out on it. "Are you eating kool aid?" The kid with a red finger and red dye all over his face shakes his head no. Kind of irritating because the kids thinks hes smarter that you.

Ive seen this in really crappy schools and private schools. Still a ghetto thing to do
View Quote

How about you take your bigot trolling shit elsewhere?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Getting into fights at the ER.

Getting into fights with doctors over exhaustive efforts to keep a clearly deceased person alive because you can't cash that check if the doctah say she dead.

Getting into fights at funerals.

Getting into fights at amusement parks.

Getting into fights at grocery stores.

View Quote

Don't forget getting into fights at Chuck E Cheese's
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Gunshots on New Year's, chrome rims on Caprices
Elevators full of piss, stairwells covered in feces
An EBT card and the riches it brings,
These are a few really ghetto-ish things...

Bars on the windows and pitbulls on leashes,
Third-graders with Glocks, shooting at teachers,
Loose cigarettes, lit with lighters on strings,
These are few really ghetto-ish things...

Our roof leaks,
We've got no heat,
Don't know my dad...
Then I simply look at our big screen TV
And I don't feel so bad...

Wings drenched in hot sauce, OE in a brown bag,
Baby daddies on the corner, see how their pants sag
Five-O in a car, with the flashlight he swings,
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Digging through the trash for lottery tickets and holding up the line to make the cashier scan all the losers with the hopes someone accidentally threw away a ticket worth $3
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here, they line up at the Louis Vuitton store.  All day, every day, a line around the store waiting to get in.  We always laugh.  By the looks of them you wonder how they have $4k to spend on purses.  We are the suckers, working.
View Quote

My wife and I are very familiar with this, she likes nice things. 99 times out of 100 they go into the store, aks to see 4 or 5 bags, take selfies with every one (and pass it around to others in the group), and generally waste the salesperson's time, buying nothing.

When we see a line of them outside the store we come back another time.

Scum.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I did bail bonds in Detroit. I could stock a library with observations of ghetto shit.

They never show up on time.  Always lie.  

Had one house I went into that had a space heater as the only source of heat.
The cord for that ran out the window to the next house, that house ran its electricity out the window into another house. That house had jumper cables hooked up to bypass the meter.  

View Quote

It was like that near the house my brother and I bought. Plenty of bypassed meters. The houses look abandoned, so DTE never checks.

That house we bought had two dead bodies in it. Mostly did mold and blood cleanup and flipped it.

There was a burned down house next to a liquor store on McGraw where a group of people would sit on the porch, drinking and smoking. 75% of the house behind them was gone… But that’s where the party was.

Getting food out of a bullet proof lazy susan.

Shit is wild in the D.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That used to be a pretty ghetto strip.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Our roof leaks,
We've got no heat,
Don't know my dad...

View Quote

Beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think I know EXACTLY which WI gun shop you're talking about!  If so: they tried to run a clean operation but had some extremely bad luck in having one of those straw buyers flip a gun to a guy that shot a cop. The ensuing lawsuits and media BS were crippling. Gun shop was in a decent part of town but only a 5 minute drive from the 'hood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Around here it’s obese whites women buying SCCYs and Tauruses for their babydaddies, paying for them with wads of cash that they pull out of their bras.

Spoiler alert: They get a refund.

The males wear masks because they don’t want to get tagged by cameras as opposed to avoiding the Shanghai Shivers, don’t want to touch any guns, stink like weed, and point out the guns they want to the obese buttergolems they’re having sex with until they inevitably impregnate them and then ghost.

I was referring to the ghetto behavior I occasionally see in the store where I work, not that the store is in the ghetto.

We run a tight clean ship, and gangstas don't get guns from us.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#30]
When your secondary address is the county jail.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What is up with the Shoes hanging over phone lines?  Who does this and why?
View Quote

I saw this last week in the middle of nowhere in northern Louisiana on US167.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Single wides, meth Billy teeth, rebel flag ensembles and chain wallets.

Our ghettos look different here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Drives a Dodge Charger, smokes little cigars, different wig for each day of the week, phone in mom’s name and has children and grandchildren that have been shot
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw it 40 years ago in the lily white suburb I grew up in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I grew up in the city, but in an Irish/Italian neighborhood. I distinctly remember throwing a pair of old sneakers up on the power lines on Decatur Avenue in the Bronx when I was like 9 or 10. It's something that you just did, nothing deeper than that.

I always get a kick out of the threads suggesting it's a bat signal for drug sales, gang territory marker, whatever.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't get into that part of Omaha at night, but honestly if you go to Wal-mart on Ames (black part of town) in Omaha then go to Wal-Mart in CB (lower income white suburb).  The CB one is more ghetto then the one on Ames, in regards to the things you all are posting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Flamin’ hot Cheetos.
View Quote

Eating a bag of those and having to go take a shit after consuming them will scare the hell out of you and make you think you're dying... All that red dye!

I started bawling my eyes out on the toilet!
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
walk around in public talking on your speakerphone
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Taking shopping cart home like you own them
View Quote

that happens to every grocery store that is near a retirement facility too
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#40]

As a kid growing up in north east NJ (Newark area), I had an after-school job working in a liquor store in a shitty part of town. I don't believe anyone, including the police, even cared I was a minor. Anyway, OE800 was a favorite as I remember, along with Colt-45. As far as wine goes, Richard's Wild Irish, Night Train Express, and Thunderbird were tops, although a few were really dedicated to their Mad Dog 20-20. The higher end losers drank Boone's Farm and a few bought Riunite. For harder liquor, most drank Seagram's whiskey or Popov vodka. The pimps preferred "Crown". I remember one dude who drank a pint of Seagram's every day when he got off the bus from work, before he went home with a six-pack of Schaefer beer. Sometimes he'd come back for another pint or fifth if the wife was pissing him off.
I used to make deliveries on my Peugeot moped (too young to drive a car - but not too young to drive a moped - with booze) and the shit I saw was just amazing - what a life experience. Funny how the poor generally tipped very well and the rich were usually cheapskates; no thought for the 15-year old kid who just drove 5 miles in 20 degree weather on a moped to deliver their party resupply. The only exception to the well-off tippers were the Italians, who tipped very well. They were actually always my delivery priority, per the owners, ahead of cops, and were very nice to me.
On a side note, the few years I worked there we were held up three times, and I was there for the last one. Second time we were robbed, the crooks fired a few shots in the store, no one hit though. I watched a guy get stabbed repeatedly at the gas station across the street. There was once a shootout one block away at a taxi station. Arson fires. People "jumping" from high-rises. You name it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

As a kid growing up in north east NJ (Newark area), I had an after-school job working in a liquor store in a shitty part of town. I don't believe anyone, including the police, even cared I was a minor. Anyway, OE800 was a favorite as I remember, along with Colt-45. As far as wine goes, Richard's Wild Irish, Night Train Express, and Thunderbird were tops, although a few were really dedicated to their Mad Dog 20-20. The higher end losers drank Boone's Farm and a few bought Riunite. For harder liquor, most drank Seagram's whiskey or Popov vodka. The pimps preferred "Crown". I remember one dude who drank a pint of Seagram's every day when he got off the bus from work, before he went home with a six-pack of Schaefer beer. Sometimes he'd come back for another pint or fifth if the wife was pissing him off.
I used to make deliveries on my Peugeot moped (too young to drive a car - but not too young to drive a moped - with booze) and the shit I saw was just amazing - what a life experience. Funny how the poor generally tipped very well and the rich were usually cheapskates; no thought for the 15-year old kid who just drove 5 miles in 20 degree weather on a moped to deliver their party resupply. The only exception to the well-off tippers were the Italians, who tipped very well. They were actually always my delivery priority, per the owners, ahead of cops, and were very nice to me.
On a side note, the few years I worked there we were held up three times, and I was there for the last one. Second time we were robbed, the crooks fired a few shots in the store, no one hit though. I watched a guy get stabbed repeatedly at the gas station across the street. There was once a shootout one block away at a taxi station. Arson fires. People "jumping" from high-rises. You name it.
View Quote

I loved me 40's of Colt 45 but one you did not mention is ST Ides that shit was disgusting and the brotha's I hung around loved that nasty shit. Maybe because it was one of the cheapest 40's Idk but took one drink and spit it out yuck. Your list is what I remember also. This higher end loser got my wife pregnant drinking a ton of Boone's Farm with her Great times...
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Memorials
Attachment Attached File

Doggos. Sometimes alive, often not, sometimes abandoned or loose
Attachment Attached File

And of course Rap Snacks
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Y'town?
View Quote

I thought that for a second but I lived on a street in Akron that looked like one of his photo's. Shit hole's all look a like at some point
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Taking shopping cart home like you own them
View Quote

Aldi sells 'em for a quarter. What a deal!
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Our roof leaks,
We've got no heat,
Don't know my dad...

View Quote

Excellent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#47]

C’mon Man, what’s the context?       It should be illegal to post awesome gifs without the whole story.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#48]

That was pretty good, but like the “Swipe yo EBT” rap, I can’t tell if it’s meant to be satire, or if it’s unintentional satire.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep.

I grew up in the city, but in an Irish/Italian neighborhood. I distinctly remember throwing a pair of old sneakers up on the power lines on Decatur Avenue in the Bronx when I was like 9 or 10. It's something that you just did, nothing deeper than that.

I always get a kick out of the threads suggesting it's a bat signal for drug sales, gang territory marker, whatever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I saw it too.   It was suburban white kids emulating ghetto behavior.  
Take a wild guess who bought most of the gangsta Rap albums.    
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I have seen trash members here post stupid ass racist topics just to satisfy some issue they with black people!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top