Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/29/2020 6:47:47 PM EDT
Taking a break from arguing to say that these Tagalongs and Thin Mints are awesome.

And like I’m getting older, when I was a kid Girl Scouts wore green berets and green dresses and now they look like casual friday with a stash.

The dad was packing to defend the girls and the money and the cookies.  But it was an M&P so I kinda felt sorry for him.

Probably gonna get more tomorrow. I wish you could order directly but it’s refreshing to see young people doing stuff and parents being involved.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve burned a pair of $20’s. Gotta love the kids and their parents selling together.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah, those Tagalongs and a glass of milk.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up 5 boxes last weekend. Smart ones put up a table outside the LGS.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a case of tagalongs in the freezer.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought 10 boxes of the Goodie Girl Mint Cookies from Walmart last week.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I usually drop a few hundred on these damn things. My employees love them. The scouts look at me funny when I as for a box and they ask how many. “All of them” lol
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
They put cocaine in them thin mints man
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Below average cookies for a good cause.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Love the Tagalongs and Samoas, but the price has gotten out of control. $5 a box last year. I guess those GSA executive salaries aren't going to pay themselves.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Overpriced trash.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Five kids bundled up this morning with parents outside Tractor supply.  Wife had to buy two boxes.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Overpriced trash.
View Quote
Who hurt you?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Below average cookies for a good cause.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Overpriced trash.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who hurt you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Overpriced trash.
Who hurt you?
A nine year old little girl probably kicked him in the shin for being a dick to her at the cookie booth.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Love the Tagalongs and Samoas, but the price has gotten out of control. $5 a box last year. I guess those GSA executive salaries aren't going to pay themselves.
View Quote
You can get similar cookies from Aldi and Kroger year round...……………..but we usually buy a couple of boxes from my wife's friend and her little girl
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Old man yells at cloud rant:

I am honestly tired of them showing up at every store in town. It's absolutely fantastic when all I want to do is pick up some groceries for dinner and I need to dodge a full pack of them at every entrance. The girls themselves aren't the worst part, it's the death stairs the parents give you for just saying 'no thanks I've already bought some'. The only winning move is to just not go shopping for the entire month of February.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#18]
$5 a box here now. But i do enjoy the caramel delights so i always get a few boxes.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll buy a box from a girl. Their parents.....F off. No one is learning a damn thing when momma and daddy are doing the selling and pestering others to buy cookies.

Walmarts clone cookies are better and less then 1/2 the price for more cookies if it was just about the cookies.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]
My daughters' troop has already sold almost all of theirs. We're down to a case or two of Trefoils and maybe half a case of Do-si-dos. Samoas and Thin Mints are long gone.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#21]
$4.00 a box here.  I got 2 boxes of thin mints.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Aldi's sells GS cookies... different names, same cookies.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#23]
i rarely buy the cookies but i make a cash donation everytime i see one of these groups.

boy scouts just get a "no thanks" and have for several years. i'm sorry the kids get fucked by their org being taken over by numbnuts, but not sorry enough to support them
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are $5/box here this year.  I thought they were $4 last year.  I normally buy $20 worth a couple of times.    I don't know why but 5 boxes for 20 seemed decent.  With only 4 boxes this year I'm thinking they're overpriced.   I may not buy any more this year.  I'll go find the clones in the grocery store.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I am honestly tired of them showing up at every store in town. It's absolutely fantastic when all I want to do is pick up some groceries for dinner and I need to dodge a full pack of them at every entrance. The girls themselves aren't the worst part, it's the death stairs the parents give you for just saying 'no thanks I've already bought some'. The only winning move is to just not go shopping for the entire month of February.
View Quote
"No thanks, sugar is bad for you".
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
$5 a box here now. But i do enjoy the caramel delights so i always get a few boxes.
View Quote
The Dollar Store has them for $1.00 a box. They are the same company that makes them for the GS. They are just called by a different name but I don't recall what it is.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Picked up 5 boxes last weekend. Smart ones put up a table outside the Marijuana Dispensary.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Number one cause of failed New year's resolutions.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Girls already came by the house, weeks ago.

Already bought cookies.

Already ate them.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They put cocaine in them thin mints man
View Quote
Yeah, So?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, oh whatever. The parents don’t give two shits. I’ve worked 4 cookie booths this year already. We’re just there because we have to have two parents on each shifts. We do try to motivate the girls to not be shy, and to engage with people. It’s about teaching girls to work towards a goal, but we don’t care if you don’t buy any cookies.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Picked up 5 boxes last weekend. Smart ones put up a table outside the LGS.
View Quote
Awhile back I heard some real enterprising Girl Scouts were selling cookies outside a marijuana dispensary and sold out in no time.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are $5/box here this year.  I thought they were $4 last year.  I normally buy $20 worth a couple of times.    I don't know why but 5 boxes for 20 seemed decent.  With only 4 boxes this year I'm thinking they're overpriced.   I may not buy any more this year.  I'll go find the clones in the grocery store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prices went up, year before last I think. Every one gets their cut. Troop gets .50 a box. Smore’s are “premium” and they’re $6/box.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Imma gonna go against the grain here and say that they’re overpriced and not very good.

My entire life I’ve never known the draw of them. Is it because they’re seasonal?  Like a bad parent who’s kinda a jerk but you still look forward to seeing them because it’s only once a year.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I sent my (4 year old) son up to a pack of them with a 20 to buy cookies last year.   He thought we were buying a girl scout.   He had one all picked out.

That was awkward.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Prices went up, year before last I think. Every one gets their cut. Troop gets .50 a box. Smore's are "premium" and they're $6/box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prices went up, year before last I think. Every one gets their cut. Troop gets .50 a box. Smore's are "premium" and they're $6/box.
I understand that.   I just think they're hitting the point where I'm not willing to buy what I normally buy.  I think I'm going to stop at $20 this year.   Last year I think they got me for $60.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I understand that.   I just think they're hitting the point where I'm not willing to buy what I normally buy.  I think I'm going to stop at $20 this year.   Last year I think they got me for $60.
View Quote
I agree. They are expensive. The amount of money that is returned to a troop from any fundraising is ridiculous. It all goes to higher; typical bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol, oh whatever. The parents don’t give two shits. I’ve worked 4 cookie booths this year already. We’re just there because we have to have two parents on each shifts. We do try to motivate the girls to not be shy, and to engage with people. It’s about teaching girls to work towards a goal, but we don’t care if you don’t buy any cookies.
View Quote

And I quote from my trip to cabelas last weekend, click of the tongue included: “well you didn’t buy from us!”

It’s great that you claim to not care if people don’t buy cookies from you. Want to volunteer to come to Madison and show them how it’s done? Maybe you can also take part in arguing with a store manager over which troop has rights to put out a table that day, but I’m sure since you’ve never done that it’s never happened right?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Never had a box of Samoas that lasted me more than 24 hrs...

The little green and brown clad drug dealers have a good racket. I’ve never bought anything from the boy scouts, I hate popcorn.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Frozen thin mints and a glass of milk are the best. If you say any of the others are better, I can't say you're wrong. I love Girl Scout cookies.

What I don't like is parents selling the cookies without the kid present. That goes completely contrary to the point of the sale.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Prices went up, year before last I think. Every one gets their cut. Troop gets .50 a box. Smore’s are “premium” and they’re $6/box.
View Quote
Prices vary by the council it seems

4$ standard flavors.... 5$ for premium flavors across my county
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I know.

I bought a case last weekend.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figures, I suspect my area/council is more profit driven.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I like Do-si-dos best followed closely by the Thin Mints
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#46]
After today's purchase Im up to about $60 this year
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Aldi's has store brand girl scout cookies.
Samoas are $1.26/box.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#48]
FGSC
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I have 4 of every kind at my desk at work.  In a few days it will be GS Cookie lunch buffet.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Frozen thin mints and a glass of milk are the best. If you say any of the others are better, I can't say you're wrong. I love Girl Scout cookies.

What I don't like is parents selling the cookies without the kid present. That goes completely contrary to the point of the sale.
View Quote
I agree in most cases.  I buy from the girls selling at the grocery store if they ask.  I don't buy if the parents ask.  On the other hand we've had employees bring in sheets for people to order them at work and I'll buy from the parents in that case.  I think the difference is I'll help the kids of friends and coworkers if the adult asks.  If it's a stranger the kid has to ask.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top