Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just saw Grave Digger in Minneapolis a month or so ago. It's like being 10 again watching them. Dennis wasn't driving that night. Hope for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you google the term "monster truck" and click on images, Grave Digger is one of the top results. I would wager the same number of people (and type ) who knew who Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt were know of Bob Chandler and Dennis Anderson.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

call 1000 white males over the age of 30 with a pulse and I would bet 75% of them would know who he is. That's the choir I am preaching to. Sorry you grew up under a rock.

LOL

What an totally absurd statement.  

If only we could make that bet.

I would take that bet in heartbeat for any amount of money.

+1

I'd be shocked if it was over 5%.  OP seems to be suffering from "everyone is like me" syndrome.

If you google the term "monster truck" and click on images, Grave Digger is one of the top results. I would wager the same number of people (and type ) who knew who Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt were know of Bob Chandler and Dennis Anderson.

Yes, Grave Digger.  Not Dennis Anderson.  That's my point.

My wife, who has zero interest (maybe even less) in sports, especially motorsports, knows who Dale Earnhardt is.  I guarantee she has never heard of Bob Chandler or Dennis Anderson.  Hell, I don't even know who Bob Chandler is, and didn't know who Dennis Anderson was until I clicked on this thread.  By tomorrow, I will likely have forgotten his name.  I've known that "Grave Digger" is a popular monster truck since I was a kid, though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My wife, who has zero interest (maybe even less) in sports, especially motorsports, knows who Dale Earnhardt is.  I guarantee she has never heard of Bob Chandler or Dennis Anderson.  Hell, I don't even know who Bob Chandler is, and didn't know who Dennis Anderson was until I clicked on this thread.  By tomorrow, I will likely have forgotten his name.  I've known that "Grave Digger" is a popular monster truck since I was a kid, though.
View Quote

Would you and your dear wife like a cookie for being so cool that you don't know who he is? You guys must be the life of the party. Sorry bud, he's a pretty house hold name if I know who he is. You've never scrolled past monster trucks on TV over the last 30 years? I know you have, so that means you just aren't very perceptive.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Losd..... You are simply going to have to get over this thing soon.

The vast majority of us have heard of "grave digger".

The vast majority of us have never heard of, let alone saved to memory the name of the driver of said "grave digger".

Quick OP, who's the driver of the most famous sprint car?  Can't do it eh?   Me neither.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Losd..... You are simply going to have to get over this thing soon.

The vast majority of us have heard of "grave digger".

The vast majority of us have never heard of, let alone saved to memory the name of the driver of said "grave digger".

Quick OP, who's the driver of the most famous sprint car?  Can't do it eh?   Me neither.
View Quote

When the grave digger is even mentioned, it's usually mentioned as Dennis Anderson and the Grave Digger. Guess I am just more perceptive than most, what can I say.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When the grave digger is even mentioned, it's usually mentioned as Dennis Anderson and the Grave Digger. Guess I am just more perceptive than most, what can I say.
View Quote

Well I guess you are.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...I don't even know who Bob Chandler is...
View Quote

http://bigfoot4x4.com/blog/the-history-of-bigfoot/
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You want a medal or something?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Would you and your dear wife like a cookie for being so cool that you don't know who he is? You guys must be the life of the party. Sorry bud, he's a pretty house hold name if I know who he is. You've never scrolled past monster trucks on TV over the last 30 years? I know you have, so that means you just aren't very perceptive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FFS, every other post in this thread is someone giving you shit for thinking everyone knows who Dennis Anderson is, and you think I'm being edgy?

I'm simply trying to drive home the point that far more people know the name "Grave Digger" than Dennis Anderson.  This same point has been repeated by others in this very thread.  You can either admit that you were wrong about the popularity of his name (again: NOT the name of his truck), or continue to make an ass of yourself and chastise everyone who disagrees with you.  The choice is yours.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I don't even know who Bob Chandler is...

http://bigfoot4x4.com/blog/the-history-of-bigfoot/

Well there you have it.  Yet another instance of the truck's name being far more popular than that of the driver.  Just don't tell OP, he'll throw a fit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You want a medal or something?
View Quote

Not even, this is just one of those instances where I find it odd that nobody knows of him lol. I have never been to a monster truck event, nor watched it on TV and I knew who he was. Just like I knew who dale earnhardt was without watching him on TV or following nascar. Different strokes for different folks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]

me being mind blown that he's not as well known as I thought.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Um....Who??
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Um....Who??
View Quote

OP TRIGGERED!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That would be Hemiunderglass you poor, poor , feeble sap.

Apparently you didn't have a childhood either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I guess. There is an old guy who runs around with a 60s funny car doing wheelies, glass back? He did a wheelie with Jay Leno and fucking flipped the thing and it looked like his arm was flying around like it was going to be outside the car as it rolled. Lucky break for those two guys. Driver must have done it 1000 times before.

That would be Hemiunderglass you poor, poor , feeble sap.

Apparently you didn't have a childhood either.
LMMFAO when I read that shit.

Guy still can't believe he turned the car over like that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]
  Damn I am going to see the trucks with my 5 year old nephew this sat.  His shop is just across the border in NC, I drive by it at least ten time a year with my wife on the way to the 4wd beach.  I hope he pulls through. 
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
  Damn I am going to see the trucks with my 5 year old nephew this sat.  His shop is just across the border in NC, I drive by it at least ten time a year with my wife on the way to the 4wd beach.  I hope he pulls through. 
View Quote

Oh don't you worry.  With all the good will OP has generated in this thread, Dale Earnhardt is sure to pull through.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I must be living under a rock as I have never heard of the guy.  I hope he pulls through though, prayers sent.
View Quote
same here..heard of the truck, along with probably many of the others, but none of the drivers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]
My youngest son has got to have at least a half dozen likenesses of Grave Digger of various sizes and features.  He worships that truck.  We bought Monster Jam tickets for his grandparents to take him this summer.  This is bad news, that man has brought a lot of happiness and wonder to his audience, I hope he heals up and retires in comfort, he deserves it.  Someone else can pilot that big 50s Chevy panel van now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

FFS, every other post in this thread is someone giving you shit for thinking everyone knows who Dennis Anderson is, and you think I'm being edgy?

I'm simply trying to drive home the point that far more people know the name "Grave Digger" than Dennis Anderson.  This same point has been repeated by others in this very thread.  You can either admit that you were wrong about the popularity of his name (again: NOT the name of his truck), or continue to make an ass of yourself and chastise everyone who disagrees with you.  The choice is yours.
View Quote

Yeah, OP's the one making an ass of himself.

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Heard of Grave Digger, never heard of the driver.  OP seems kinda butt hurt about it. 

Hope he recovers fully and completely. 

Same goes for Mr. Anderson.  Sounds like a great guy. 
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope he recovers.  He always puts on a great show, and beats the hell out of that truck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Heard of Grave Digger, never heard of the driver.  OP seems kinda butt hurt about it. 

Hope he recovers fully and completely. 

Same goes for Mr. Anderson.  Sounds like a great guy. 
View Quote

I C wat U did there
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

call 1000 white males over the age of 30 with a pulse and I would bet 75% of them would know who he is.
View Quote

put down the crack pipe
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

me being mind blown that he's not as well known as I thought.
View Quote

No kidding.  Between this thread and pro-wrestling thread, there are a lot less rednecks here than I thought.

Get well soon Mr. Anderson.  We all love you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Sad news.
Wife and my first date was the Halloween shindig the Grave Digger folks did in Moyock, NC.  Got to ride in the back of one of them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No kidding.  Between this thread and pro-wrestling thread, there are a lot less rednecks here than I thought.

Get well soon Mr. Anderson.  We all love you.
View Quote

The guy who drunk posts and starts threads about riding motor cycles at cars and that others don't grt drunk because they can't handle alcohol is calling other people rednecks?  That's rich.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#28]
The man is a favorite for a reason.

Get better Dennis..
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I've heard of Grave Digger but never knew the driver's name. 99% of Americans are like me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Saturday Saturday [/size=6][size=6]SATURDAY[/size=6]

“Want [to] thank everyone for the kind words for dad. Yes he was injured and all that needs to be known is he’s getting better,” the post said.

It doesn't sound like he's critical/guarded condition. I hope he has a full recovery.
View Quote
[size=4]

"We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!"

I hope the guy recovers quickly.

I took my son to a couple of monster truck shows when he was little. A smart guy warned me to take ear protection. I was glad I did.

I wasn't prepared for the alcohol fumes, though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I've seen him countless times, both when I was a kid and with my son now.  He is a legend and helped build Monster Jam to what it is today.  Prayers that he makes a fast recovery, but I would venture to guess he is done driving the Digger.  I'm sure he will still be very promenant in the sport and still make appearances because he really does live for the fans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Play stupid games  and win stupid prizes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#34]
The Grave Digger's shop is about 45 south of me in Currituck County NC. If you have even been to the Outer Banks you have driven by his shop.

Hopefully he is back in action soon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#35]
This thread took a turn for the worse.

Hope the driver makes a full recovery.

And by the way OP. Who is my favorite F1 driver ? You know, the popular one....
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've driven by their shop on the side of the road headed to OBX multiple times.

View Quote

This. Have pics of all the kids standing inside a wheel.
Every year they were taller.
It's how we gauged their growth.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow, that didnt look at all like a hard landing. I mean, those trucks have certainly dug in harder. Hope he makes a full comeback and goes on trucking.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Some of his "landings" prior to the flip looked like more force.
Speedy recovery!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn, I was going to see him on Jan 28th at Ford Field in Detroit. I hope he pulls through.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#39]
He never struck me as being too concerned with self preservation. Hell of a showman though, he pushed himself and his truck harder than any other driver I know of. 

I hope he makes a full recovery. I've always liked his shows. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I met Mr. Anderson (Grave Digger Driver) many years ago. When the sport was in its infancy. Met on a dock in Coinjock N.C. He was intrigued by the Boat I was running. A very fancy 63' Sportfish all blinged out with lots of varnish and polished SS. We bullshited on the dock for almost an hour.  He said he wanted to trade jobs for a day. I asked what he did ? He said I drive one of those Monster Mud Trucks. I said that's cool, which one ? He told me but it did not mean all that much then. The sport was quite new.
A very nice normal guy making his way in the world. A speedy recovery sir.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

SENNA OR GTFO YOU TIFOSI SCUM!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Dennis is doing fine although he has a long road to recovery.  Broke back and internal bleeding.

I litterally live 10 minutes  from their shop and see all of them on a regular basis.

The damge to Dennis did not happen from the failed backflip.  Just prior to the back flip he did a really big normal typical jump.  After he landed he sat for a min before the backflip failure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#43]
He probably sat there with a broken back after injuring himself on the previous rough landing, contemplating whether he should continue on with the backflip and said fuck it let's do it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Michael "Mike" Simon Brindley Bream Beuttler?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dennis is doing fine although he has a long road to recovery. 
View Quote
Glad to hear he is stable and on the right path. 

I've been to see just about anything with a motor and Monster Jam in a large arena where they can cut loose is pretty amazing when you think about the engine power, strength of components needed and stresses involved with the stunts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tiger Woods?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
...he pushed himself and his truck harder than any other driver I know of.
View Quote

I'd say Tom Meents pushes Max-D harder, but it's close.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound like a Hamilton man, I prefer Rosberg myself.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dennis is doing fine although he has a long road to recovery.  Broke back and internal bleeding.

I litterally live 10 minutes  from their shop and see all of them on a regular basis.

The damge to Dennis did not happen from the failed backflip.  Just prior to the back flip he did a really big normal typical jump.  After he landed he sat for a min before the backflip failure.
View Quote

I was wondering how those guys backs don't explode from some of those jumps even with the suspension travel. I've had 4 back surgeries and even the little jumps make me cringe. Also I had no idea who he was until this thread but I have seen grave digger just for the OP's info.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top