Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Do I need to get a coupon somewhere, or will your pic in the OP work?

Link Posted: 12/10/2023 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the most California thing I've seen- a belt fed with one of their stupid grip paddle things.
View Quote

Yes the grip fin is gay, but it allows us to bring them in. Also our AW weapon ban just got tossed so that shit will be coming off soon.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes the grip fin is gay, but it allows us to bring them in. Also our AW weapon ban just got tossed so that shit will be coming off soon.
View Quote

It may be gay but it's way, way cooler than my belt fed.

Mine shoots nerf darts
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do I need to get a coupon somewhere, or will your pic in the OP work?

View Quote

Picture on the cell phone has always worked for me.  These come out digitals through email and are posted on their site, updates daily
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]

WTF
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Picture on the cell phone has always worked for me.  These come out digitals through email and are posted on their site, updates daily
View Quote

Thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Picked up a tan one.
View Quote

Price is good already? Or the store hook you up?
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
reviews on the Apache cases aren't great.

i've never broken anything Pelican tho.

if you, like me, could fuck up an anvil with a banana the Apache cases likely will not survive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're looking for a quality case but don't want to spend Pelican money, Nanuk is worth a look. I own a few and they're right up there with Pelican (which I also own) for less $$. The Apache cases are great for what you pay, but I don't know that I'd trust them to protect thousands of dollars worth of...anything.
reviews on the Apache cases aren't great.

i've never broken anything Pelican tho.

if you, like me, could fuck up an anvil with a banana the Apache cases likely will not survive.

I worked at a place that bought a bunch of pelicans for interdepartmental mail (multiple locations in NC & SC).  One of them had a giant section broken open within a few months

Very sturdy envelopes I assume
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Got three thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Are you serious? These are the choices you made?
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nanuk are the ones.  I bought a small one and have been happy with the quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I have been looking at some on walmart/Amazon that might work

If you're looking for a quality case but don't want to spend Pelican money, Nanuk is worth a look. I own a few and they're right up there with Pelican (which I also own) for less $$. The Apache cases are great for what you pay, but I don't know that I'd trust them to protect thousands of dollars worth of...anything.

Nanuk are the ones.  I bought a small one and have been happy with the quality.

I have Nanuk, Pelican, Seahorse and some custom cases. Old Seahorse 920 have the best pressure valve setup,  Nanunk prolly the best latch, like you, tho for no real reason since none have failed, I'd bet on Pelican, but I often travel/ship with any of the 3.

Might get to find out how good as I have Seahorse right now in transit - lol somewhere. "Not missing sir, but we can't locate them directly, no" . I'm sure Apache is fine for most but I'd be a little more puckered ATM with them. Then again I'd be out less if they no show.

Thx OP I have uses for these.

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WTF
View Quote

CA logic...you can have a fucking MG42 (my grail gun) but it MUST have the sharkfin contraption so you dont hurt anyone/yourself...They should put that pic in the State flag instead of the bear.

Anyway, I ordered 3 cases for gifts. Thanks op.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got three thanks!!
View Quote

Coupon says only one purchase per coupon allowed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got three thanks!!

1 coupon will allow 3 cases. Different cards and addys will be needed to score more.

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Just grabbed three of the Chinesium Pelican knockoffs, one in each color.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, I snagged 3.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#18]
For me, it's the Apache. The best storage box. I even ask for extra desiccant packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I had an extra coupon and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly Harbor Freight clerk laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three boxes with extra silica gel packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local Harbor Freight, I go there at least 3 times a week for sales and a mini flashlight, 1-2 times for socket sets on the weekend, and maybe once for dickies coveralls when I'm in a rush but want a great deal that is affordable, but is nothing I ever really need.

I even dip my tools in their gear oil, what a great store.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#19]
More than 3 in one charge seems to have worked for me unless they refund the extras or something.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Seems like if you buy online they don't limit your # of purchases.  The coupon was updated to allow 2 but I could add 3 to my card with the discounts.  I only ordered 2 since thats what I need.

nvm. coupon says limit 3
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#21]
An MG-42 with a fuckin shark fin on it. Add that to the list if shit I'd never imagine seeing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#23]
The coupon code number is literally in the photo.

Go online, enter that number as the coupon code.  Done.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Snagged two tan and an orange, thanks OP.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Got to the local Harbor Frieght about 20 after they opened. 2 guys picked up the last 4 as I was walking in.
Oh well
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Thank you for the heads up OP.

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#27]
It was only $7 in shipping to have my 3 delivered, saving me an hour round trip to Harbor Freight, as well as the risk they'd be out.

$71.81 for three, shipped.

For the technology impaired, go here , and copy in 15883122 as a coupon.

Thanks OP.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

1 coupon will allow 3 cases. Different cards and addys will be needed to score more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got three thanks!!

I just did 2 of each color and it took it
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got to the local Harbor Frieght about 20 after they opened. 2 guys picked up the last 4 as I was walking in.
Oh well
View Quote

Available online. Shipping is 6.99 for 1 or 3
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh well
View Quote

Order online.  Shipping was only $7.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll find out this morning if HF flags me.
Store is less than a mile from home.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got three thanks!!

GTG didn't seem to work when I tiried but it was just after midnight EST, I think. Maybe I had the time wrong

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Just let me order four with the $6.99 shipping . I’ve got a Harbor freight about six miles from my house, but with my luck they’d be out when I get there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:….The Apache cases are great for what you pay, but I don't know that I'd trust them to protect thousands of dollars worth of...anything.
View Quote

I have a bunch of Pelican and Apache cases and I’m some ways I think the Apache are better.  Most notably my Pelican cases have their style pressure release thingy while the Apache have a screw type that has an o ring.  If I seal up the pelican cases and stand on them the air will whistle in and out.  The Apache cases I can remove the screw let the air release when I stand on it and then put the screw in and it will hold the reduced pressure for many months.  I really like that they are that airtight, the larger cases can be tough to open if you don’t equalize the pressure after this but that just means the contents are well sealed from the outside.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered 3 online
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Got 2 locally.
Coupon is good for 3 per cashier.
Had HF credit card rewards, so my total for 2 of em was $18.28
Not bad.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Just picked up 3 at my local.

Had black....1 orange and 1 tan in stock.

Would have liked to have the green but no joy on that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks OP!
I scored the last case, a hole saw, a micro tool kit, 500 rounds of 9mm, and a new PCR.
It was a good trip to town!

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I bought two in tactical brown.

They are nice but (to my eye) the box material is less rigid and dense than Pelican.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks OP!
Just ran up to mine and scored one.
They felt sorry for my flip phone and
gave the discount. $ 21.64 OTD
Orange,will make this a pistol box.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#42]
I want to try out a couple of these. I only live a few miles from a store, but I won't be able to make it over there until tonight. I'm debating if I should just pay the shipping so I don't have to risk them selling out, or if I should just stop by the store tonight. All you guys saying you got the last one or they were sold out have me worried.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#43]
they need to make them in a few more colors. A white, red and blue would be nice. I have a black(test equip)Yellow (dewalt batteries) orange (rigid sewer cam head unit w/batteries) tan (chargers) and so on but need a few more.
And these have all been thrown in the back of the van or truck in heat/cold rain,snow,sun etc for over a year now and they really do hold up great, very rugged and makes it easy to find what I need in seconds rather than hunting thru the truck for say a battery pack or the voltmeter. If there is one thing in HF worth buying its these.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I have used one for the same thing.  Labradar, recoil sensor, power cable, power bank, tripod all in the case.  Very convenient.  I need to glue the foam in the cover though.  Slips out every time I open it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I want to try out a couple of these. I only live a few miles from a store, but I won't be able to make it over there until tonight. I'm debating if I should just pay the shipping so I don't have to risk them selling out, or if I should just stop by the store tonight. All you guys saying you got the last one or they were sold out have me worried.
View Quote

Small town, small HF.
They only had 8 up front, the gals working there were discussing checking backstock so they could buy some.
Do NOT panic buy
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Thank you @Drumbic!

I just used the coupon and saved $80. I appreciate it! And now I'm done Christmas shopping for the boys.

I ordered 4 and the coupon worked.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Only picked up 1. All they had were orange ,guy even checked in the back, and didn't have black or tan, just 2 orange ones left and he put them on the shelf after I grabbed one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#48]
stopping after work for 3
2 for me and 1 for FIL and his ATV shenanigans
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Ordered 3. $7 for shipping wasn't bad considering its 25 minutes each way to drive over and sit in traffic for the possibility of the products being there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Bought one in each color. Thanks, OP.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top