Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
We did wear our Berets, but nobody I saw were wearing jump boots.

They suck and we only wear them in dress uniform because the suck and hurt your feet.

Free

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want to know how I know you are unsure of what you saw and are embellishing stuff?  

As far as the dumbass you encountered in the OP, he's a dumbass.  We all have plenty of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please Gove details about what you indicated...you said you saw them in the procession of civilian guns...please give details...were they set up doing traffic stops, inspections? Give us a better idea of what they were doing...city, state, activity, types of guns you could I'D...why in your opinion they had them...is this something that has been going on for a while with/without local LEO blessing...details man...

After Katrina I worked private security down there for a few months.

There was a military checkpoint at I-10 and Chef Menteur Hwy. It was manned by various military groups on different days. On one day when i was going through the military members manning it were wearing woodland BDU's, jump boots and maroon colored berets. The hummers that were parked at this location had iirc 20-30 wood stocked guns leaned up against them. Under neath the over pass was a picnic table. It had several civie long guns leaned up against it.  I have no idea how they came into possession of them. I did not know which military group they belonged to till one of our members here posted about his time in New Orleans and the pictures he posted were an exact match for the uniforms I saw that day. Also they were stationed at the airport just down the road from this location. So i'm very confident it was 82nd troops I saw.

You want to know how I know you are unsure of what you saw and are embellishing stuff?  

As far as the dumbass you encountered in the OP, he's a dumbass.  We all have plenty of them.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
We were there and we were wearing berets, but no jump boots.

They probably had black leather or black jungle boots

Quoted:
Not wearing jump boots, and no self respecting dumbass in the 82nd would wear jump boots post 1991 outside of the AAW Division Review, Division Guard guard mount, random change of commands, Class A inspections, or other ceremonies.  Feel free to be unsure of what you saw.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please Gove details about what you indicated...you said you saw them in the procession of civilian guns...please give details...were they set up doing traffic stops, inspections? Give us a better idea of what they were doing...city, state, activity, types of guns you could I'D...why in your opinion they had them...is this something that has been going on for a while with/without local LEO blessing...details man...

After Katrina I worked private security down there for a few months.

There was a military checkpoint at I-10 and Chef Menteur Hwy. It was manned by various military groups on different days. On one day when i was going through the military members manning it were wearing woodland BDU's, jump boots and maroon colored berets. The hummers that were parked at this location had iirc 20-30 wood stocked guns leaned up against them. Under neath the over pass was a picnic table. It had several civie long guns leaned up against it.  I have no idea how they came into possession of them. I did not know which military group they belonged to till one of our members here posted about his time in New Orleans and the pictures he posted were an exact match for the uniforms I saw that day. Also they were stationed at the airport just down the road from this location. So i'm very confident it was 82nd troops I saw.

I'm not embellishing anything.

Exact same uniforms I saw. http://sofrep.com/19760/hurricane-katrina-82nd-airborne/

If you want to carry this further The Pit is available to you.

ETA: I've posted this pic before. This is the location of the checkpoint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/I-10ChefMenteurHwy.jpg

Not wearing jump boots, and no self respecting dumbass in the 82nd would wear jump boots post 1991 outside of the AAW Division Review, Division Guard guard mount, random change of commands, Class A inspections, or other ceremonies.  Feel free to be unsure of what you saw.  

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top