User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
beware of the man beaver
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That's it. Y'all win. Im totally going to start wearing the costume of my people.

Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Lungi for a buddy's wedding earlier this year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Non of a healthy Scottish heritage, yes I own and regularly wear Kilts!
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's it. Y'all win. Im totally going to start wearing the costume of my people.

http://www.patrimoine-normand.com/images/c/coi/coiffes-et-costumes-de-normandie.jpg
View Quote

I fully support your effort to keep your People's customs alive.

Not a trace of sarcasm.

Besides, those hats are amazing...
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not a trace of sarcasm.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a trace of sarcasm.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/no-gif-todd-stashwick-supernatural-shapeshifter-dracula.gif

Come on now you are just being a hater
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#8]
In before people think William Wallace wore  a kilt?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#9]
No.

Even being of Scottish descent, with a red beard, I will not wear a kilt or anything remotely like it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
IMHO Americans of vaguely Scottish descent tromping around in a kilt is just as lame and poser-ish as if I were to adopt an Irish brogue whenever I get hammered on Guinness.

Just because my grandmother was as Irish as Paddy Murphy the drunken potato farming Leprechaun doesn't mean I need to pretend I am.

But hey, it's a free country so if you like to tromp around in a kilt it's pretty damn harmless as hobbies go.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Fat Guy Dancing In The Store
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#12]

OMG! Yes! This guy illustrates my point perfectly. A man dresses in a nondescript way and differentiates himself by his actions.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OMG! Yes! This guy illustrates my point perfectly. A man dresses in a nondescript way and differentiates himself by his actions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who sets the bar for nondescript?

You , me, society, who?
Because if you say society there is a large group of society that thinks  people that own guns are doing it for attention whoring, mental defectiveness,  or are weirdos. You know the same arguments you have against kilts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
The hell is a lava lava?

The only kilt wearers I've ever known were people who were always saying it was normal and not at all weird to wear a kilt. I think they were trying to convince themselves.

Like a trilby, it's often worn as a prosthetic for a stunted personality.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Once when in a hurry after getting out of the shower I cinched a belt around my waist over the towel. I did proceed to knock out a number of household tasks before I realized, "Hey, this ain't so bad. Kinda' nice, in fact. I almost wish I could go around like this more often."

Never did it again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You , me, society, who?
Because if you say society there is a large group of society that thinks  people that own guns are doing it for attention whoring, mental defectiveness,  or are weirdos. You know the same arguments you have against kilts.
View Quote

Nice try. This is about fashion and dress, not tools.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I won't even wear shorts let alone any of that other stuff.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Mountain hardwear kilt, daily.
IDGAF
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You , me, society, who?

What's the difference you are making a judgement based on use of an inanimate object. And clothing is a very basic tool to protect our skin.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#21]
never!

a tutu isn't a skirt right?
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What's the difference you are making a judgement based on use of an inanimate object. And clothing is a very basic tool to protect our skin.
View Quote

I agree your a tool if your rocking a kilt going to the store.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not against it if you are from a country where they are worn or descendant from them. But there is no real reason for an American of German decent to wear one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm not against it if you are from a country where they are worn or descendant from them. But there is no real reason for an American of German decent to wear one.
View Quote

Why can descendant's of people from such countries wear them? Is there some genetic predisposition to kilting? Is that what being Scottish is?
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your argument is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:53:07 AM EDT
[#26]
When I read this thread this was all I could think of was this

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No It's not. You just hate kilts.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if you own firearms you want to kill babies.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6d/a7/20/6da720d98defe2de3231a27b06c6d498.jpg        
View Quote

No I would never look as good or as cool as that guy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope. I hate them on the wrong men. If you're an actual Scotsman from the right time, or even an actor portraying one it's fine. Just like a plastic forehead is cool on the guy who played Worf and a short dress was fine on Caesar himself. I'm oppose to you guys wearing them.

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is fucking retarded because nobody is trying to ban the sale and ownership of kilts. We are arguing that kilts are an obvious and pathetic affectation. Not that they should be illegal. Even if you did want to make that claim and achieve the 9th circle of retardation I could point out that kilts aren't a God given right like my guns are.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No. I haven't sucked a dick either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#33]
My Black Watch kilt is made out of 22 ounce wool (like overcoat wool), and the pleats in back are 7 layers thick.  It weighs about 5-6 pounds and is warm enough to wear in the snow.  The only time I got cold was when I was playing frisbee in 8" of snow with my border collie.  I squatted down to get the frisbee, and in his excitement he lost traction and skidded to a stop at my feet.  His skid threw up so much snow it was like someone throwing a shovel full of snot up my kilt and onto my junk.  That was cold..I am reasonably tough, but not stupid.  When a shovelful of snow up yer kilt makes your testicles draw up to nearly your chest, it is time to go home.

It is amazing how quickly women strike up a conversation with a man in a kilt.  My three kilts were my clan (Mackinnon), black Stewart, and black watch.  The last two are called "open" tartans and anyone can wear them without causing offense.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Does this kilt/sarong/lungi/lava lava make my ass look big?
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Do what you want and never give a fuck what anyone else thinks.  I have never worn any of the attire in question but I don't think it's stupid if a man wants to. Live your life and do what makes you happy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes, it is fucking retarded because nobody is trying to ban the sale and ownership of kilts. We are arguing that kilts are an obvious and pathetic affectation. Not that they should be illegal. Even if you did want to make that claim and achieve the 9th circle of retardation I could point out that kilts aren't a God given right like my guns are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So change kilt to any other article of clothing like jeans and try to argue that we don't have a "right" to wear clothing that we like. My rights do t come from a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am of Germanic ancestry, so I don't have a kilt.  I wore a tux to my first wedding and a suit to my second.  With pants.  And tighty-whities.  And I didn't goose-step.
View Quote

Tuxedos are worn by Anglos, real Germanics wear a proper white-tie suit.

Fact.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wore a skirt my sophmore or junior year.

Our high school had a ban on shorts.   A number of us got in trouble for attempting to wear shorts.  

So a whole group of us got together and borrowed skirts from the girls and wore them the next day.   The school had no idea what to do with us.  

The next year the dress code was changed to allow shorts.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wore a skirt my sophmore or junior year.

Our high school had a ban on shorts.   A number of us got in trouble for attempting to wear shorts.  

But this was the late 80s when denim mini skirts were the norm.
   So a whole group of us got together and borrowed skirts from the girls and wore them the next day.   The school had no idea what to do with us.  

The next year the dress code was changed to allow shorts.  

They should forever be the norm!

It's part of the standard uniform of the American hottie! (A tank top, flip flop, and a little denim mni skirt. It's downright magical!)
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So change kilt to any other article of clothing like jeans and try to argue that we don't have a "right" to wear clothing that we like. My rights do t come from a piece of paper.
View Quote

Yeah, you're definitely a kilt-wearer.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nope. I hate them on the wrong men. If you're an actual Scotsman from the right time, or even an actor portraying one it's fine. Just like a plastic forehead is cool on the guy who played Worf and a short dress was fine on Caesar himself. I'm oppose to you guys wearing them.
View Quote

Help! We're being oppressed!

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Help! We're being oppressed!
View Quote

Bloody peasant.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes...

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, you're definitely a kilt-wearer.
View Quote

That was always a given.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so apparently you're intent upon reaching the 9th circle of retardation instead of defending your ridiculous claim that disapproving of men wearing skirts is like killing babies. Show me where the constitution/bill of rights clearly protects the right to wear clothes of any kind more than it protects the right to own guns. Show me where anyone in this thread said kilts should be banned. You can't because all we've done is point out is how stupid they are.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#45]
What I find amusing is that I bought my first kilt to attend a corsets and kilts party being thrown by a bunch of Air Force Special Operations folks...  And know SpecOps types from other branches who attend the same party, including at least one former BUD/S instructor...  Believe me, NOBODY wants to see me in a corset...
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:44:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. It isn't. He's right. You don't like it, but he is. That's fine. Learn to agree to disagree. You'll be happier...
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Does this kilt/sarong/lungi/lava lava make my ass look big?
View Quote

No. My ass makes my ass look big. But, I can deadlift half a Buick so it doesn't bother me a lot...
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6d/a7/20/6da720d98defe2de3231a27b06c6d498.jpg        
View Quote

A couple of observations...For one, I routinely use a messenger bag.  It's softer than a briefcase so  it doesn't feel like I'm carrying an armored box.  I use it for meetings, as a computer bag, what I use to dump my rain jacket when the sun comes out, bring newspapers to patients in the hospital, and have even brought guns to the range in it.   Plus I use it to carry water and stow things I pick up at fairs or when I go to the city.  

For another, the measure of a man isn't whether he's carrying around something that looks like a purse.   A measure of a man is by his not giving a monkey juggling fuck what others think about their using a messenger bag.  You may cry in the corner if my using a messenger bag displeases you, for I do not care.  The utilitarian advantages of a combination briefcase/computer bag/ammunition bag pleases me.

Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Wore a mundu to my brother's wedding.  He married a girl from Kerala, India.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No. It isn't. He's right. You don't like it, but he is. That's fine. Learn to agree to disagree. You'll be happier...
View Quote

I think I figured out my my disagreeing with you upsets you so much. Your kilt is allowing sand to get into your vagina. It's perfectly ok to wear undies under your skirt. You don't have to do the 'regimental' thing.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top