User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 39
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
n't the case.

This thread could be a quiet table in the back of an otherwise noisy bar where a small group of like-minded conservatives discussed the good/bad/ugly regarding Trump.  No harm, no foul (or fowl if you're on a tablet ) to anyone else.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think you'd have a stronger point if the previous threads had been locked due to the actions of the most active NeverTrumpers posting in them.  That wasn't the case.

This thread could be a quiet table in the back of an otherwise noisy bar where a small group of like-minded conservatives discussed the good/bad/ugly regarding Trump.  No harm, no foul (or fowl if you're on a tablet ) to anyone else.

Unfortunately -and to continue the bar metaphor- the same couple of loud, drunk townies come over every so often and shit up the conversation everyone else here is having.  If someone wants to step into this thread and defend Trump's latest zany comment then they're more than welcome to.  I enjoy a spirited debate.  It's the same handful of individuals posting shitty Boomer memes, or cross-posts from The_Donald, or offer their "understanding" of psychology from behind the counter of the local auto parts store, or just yelling "shills!" that ruins the thread(s).

If someone wants an "All Pro-Trump, All the Time" thread there's probably 87 active ones in GD right this second.  In this time it took for me to type this our latest Hammermill clone has probably already duped himself with the latest Gateway Pundit article about how "THIS OXFORD COMMA PROVES THAT CLINTON IS GOING TO JAIL" and has 5 more threads queued up ready to post.

Having a single active thread where some of the less-popular strains of conservatism get talked about doesn't seem to me to be some huge threat to this site.  Maybe to those people who can't stand any sort of dissent - but certainly not to the site as a whole.

My $0.02 on the matter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@40xb

Just curious, has there been anyone complaining/reporting?
You've locked the last three and to me it's been pretty tame for a few months.
A little bit of everything.

I got tons of reports in the 500+ page thread (they have slowed down a quite a bit)
I have had people IM me with links
I stop in and check every once in a while

There has been a lot of latitude given to both sides of the coin and it is getting to the point where its obvious some people are:
Intent on trying to burn it to the ground
Get things locked
Goad people into CoC violations
Subtly insult in varying ways
Get others banned

In many ways the locks were protecting all members despite what some thought of other members' status or reason for being here was. I don't feel bad for locking the threads. People's bickering and petty antics gets old real quick. I suggest people read the following and start cleaning up their act because it has been 2+ years of this BS and its getting old.

[6) Attacking or insulting a member in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have the right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. This rule also includes posting disparaging remarks about a member's family.

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. ... It can also be the posting of threads or replies, in which it appears that the sole purpose is to provoke other members...
@40xb
I assure you I did not repost this thread to troll or cause harm to the site. I reposted it because it's the one place there are like minded people in one thread and it isn't all just cheering on the POTUS when he does liberal type shit.

The entire rest of the site is full of that. I don't get why us posting in this thread pisses so many trump pumpers off.
Maybe you should go to Reddit with the other liberal anti trump window lickers. Three locked threads and you decide to make a forth
It's fourth. Now go forth and prosper.
Typos happen especially on  atablet. My statement still stands and your agenda does nothing positive for this forum, hence the need for you to create yet another thread when the previous ones got locked.
I think you'd have a stronger point if the previous threads had been locked due to the actions of the most active NeverTrumpers posting in them.  That wasn't the case.

Unfortunately -and to continue the bar metaphor- the same couple of loud, drunk townies come over every so often and shit up the conversation everyone else here is having.  If someone wants to step into this thread and defend Trump's latest zany comment then they're more than welcome to.  I enjoy a spirited debate.  It's the same handful of individuals posting shitty Boomer memes, or cross-posts from The_Donald, or offer their "understanding" of psychology from behind the counter of the local auto parts store, or just yelling "shills!" that ruins the thread(s).

If someone wants an "All Pro-Trump, All the Time" thread there's probably 87 active ones in GD right this second.  In this time it took for me to type this our latest Hammermill clone has probably already duped himself with the latest Gateway Pundit article about how "THIS OXFORD COMMA PROVES THAT CLINTON IS GOING TO JAIL" and has 5 more threads queued up ready to post.

Having a single active thread where some of the less-popular strains of conservatism get talked about doesn't seem to me to be some huge threat to this site.  Maybe to those people who can't stand any sort of dissent - but certainly not to the site as a whole.

My $0.02 on the matter.
Very well said.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no collusion. That means that Mexico is funding the short amount of, "bollard fence," right?

It means bumpstock owners are not going to jail, and Hillary's immunity has been pulled, and she is going to jail now, right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow...lying to congress

So  collusion,

Much Russian agent,

Very concern
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus Roger Stone is still indicted.
Wow...lying to congress

So  collusion,

Much Russian agent,

Very concern
I'm going to guess you didn't read his indictment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is no collusion. That means that Mexico is funding the short amount of, "bollard fence," right?

It means bumpstock owners are not going to jail, and Hillary's immunity has been pulled, and she is going to jail now, right?
View Quote
Let's wait until the guy with all -or at least most- of the facts says this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I still find it odd that the true_conservatives in this thread (and the others) post the EXACT SAME thoughts, links, tweets, etc that my radical left, extreme liberal family members post. Is it because the political spectrum is a circle and not a line...extreme conservatism is the same as extreme liberalsism?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I still find it odd that the true_conservatives in this thread (and the others) post the EXACT SAME thoughts, links, tweets, etc that my radical left, extreme liberal family members post. Is it because the political spectrum is a circle and not a line...extreme conservatism is the same as extreme liberalsism?
View Quote
They probably work for a PR firm.

Today is a toughy. With that in mind, Lets consider these deep thoughts from Kermit the Frog.

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cite a post in this thread that is a "radical left" policy position.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Really weird that Trump hasn't said he was vindicated by the report yet. I'm sure it's coming shortly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nationalism is for Nazis.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And yet here you are in this thread complaining about people invading YOUR precious echo chamber.

Pot, meet Communist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the difference.

When I post a well thought out opinion in a news thread about Trump, that's NOT trolling. A different viewpoint is NOT trolling.

I had different viewpoints when Dubya was in office too (called him a RINO/Neocon multiple times) and was called the exact same comments I see here ("Communist" "Hate America and trying to destroy it" etc..etc..)  So I dismiss most of that criticism since it will be the same people agreeing with me in ten years saying "I never liked Trump"....you know, just like what we see with Bush Jr daily with the constant hindsight is 20/20 "never liked that RINO cuck."

Simply trolling would be me posting a single cheap shot comment, personal attack, or 3-4 meme pictures without actual dialogue. Just hit and run type trolling.

You can't simply call ALL dialogue that you don't agree with as trolling. At that point you end up sounding like another lib needing a safe space echo chamber from all dissenting opinion.

In most of my posts I go out of my way to state my opinion in a respectful way, explain where I'm coming from (usually a conservative perspective), and make my opinions based on actual quotes or speech transcripts to avoid the "OMG, talking points from an MSM lib commie."

To me it's apples and oranges to the trolling in this thread.
And yet here you are in this thread complaining about people invading YOUR precious echo chamber.

Pot, meet Communist.
@blinded

Re-read my post.

I have NO issues with people coming into this thread with a dissenting viewpoint/willing to have a debate and argue about a point.

What I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about are the people that pop into this thread ONLY to post one of these comments...

1. One or two line comment about all of the communists here and how the thread should be locked.

2. Posting a bunch of meme pictures in a row that basically shut out any actual dialogue/discussion.

3. Actively trolling with a 1-2 line comment or setting up some false straw man aka "So which democrat are you going to vote for in 2020??" and then running away when getting a long response back.

Example (and there is tons of these) of what I'm talking about here.

Someone posted a question in this thread, I answered it from my point of view, and then....nothing.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Here-there-be-never-trumps-part-4-/5-2203741/?page=3#i77900877

This happens daily here. I'm not saying it's the case above but a lot of times people simply post "gotcha!" type questions and then run away thinking no one will actually respond.

I WANT to have these types of discussions. It's a healthy way of conversing and presenting differing opinions. Often times you end up finding out you have more in common with each other than originally thought.

This ISN'T a safe space. People are welcome to pop into this thread anytime and post their opinions/questions but just do it an adult-like way. If it's just going to be childish trolling personal attacks or juvenile meme from TheDonald or /pol/, then yeah, what's the point?

Notice I didn't personally attack you once above? Yet you feel the need to slip the tired "communist" cliche when writing a single sentence.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
When one aligns themselves with Schiffty Schiff, can they even remotely be considered 'conservative' ?

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@blinded

Re-read my post.

I have NO issues with people coming into this thread with a dissenting viewpoint/willing to have a debate and argue about a point.

What I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about are the people that pop into this thread ONLY to post one of these comments...

1. One or two line comment about all of the communists here and how the thread should be locked.

2. Posting a bunch of meme pictures in a row that basically shut out any actual dialogue/discussion.

3. Actively trolling with a 1-2 line comment or setting up some false straw man aka "So which democrat are you going to vote for in 2020??" and then running away when getting a long response back.

Someone posted a question in this thread, I answered it from my point of view, and then....nothing.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Here-there-be-never-trumps-part-4-/5-2203741/?page=3#i77900877

This happens daily here. I'm not saying it's the case above but a lot of times people simply post "gotcha!" type questions and then run away thinking no one will actually respond.

I WANT to have these types of discussions. It's a healthy way of conversing and presenting differing opinions. Often times you end up finding out you have more in common with each other than originally thought.

This ISN'T a safe space. People are welcome to pop into this thread anytime and post their opinions/questions but just do it an adult-like way. If it's just going to be childish trolling personal attacks or juvenile meme from TheDonald or /pop/, then yeah, what's the point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the difference.

When I post a well thought out opinion in a news thread about Trump, that's NOT trolling. A different viewpoint is NOT trolling.

I had different viewpoints when Dubya was in office too (called him a RINO/Neocon multiple times) and was called the exact same comments I see here ("Communist" "Hate America and trying to destroy it" etc..etc..)  So I dismiss most of that criticism since it will be the same people agreeing with me in ten years saying "I never liked Trump"....you know, just like what we see with Bush Jr daily with the constant hindsight is 20/20 "never liked that RINO cuck."

Simply trolling would be me posting a single cheap shot comment, personal attack, or 3-4 meme pictures without actual dialogue. Just hit and run type trolling.

You can't simply call ALL dialogue that you don't agree with as trolling. At that point you end up sounding like another lib needing a safe space echo chamber from all dissenting opinion.

In most of my posts I go out of my way to state my opinion in a respectful way, explain where I'm coming from (usually a conservative perspective), and make my opinions based on actual quotes or speech transcripts to avoid the "OMG, talking points from an MSM lib commie."

To me it's apples and oranges to the trolling in this thread.

Pot, meet Communist.
@blinded

Re-read my post.

This ISN'T a safe space. People are welcome to pop into this thread anytime and post their opinions/questions but just do it an adult-like way. If it's just going to be childish trolling personal attacks or juvenile meme from TheDonald or /pop/, then yeah, what's the point?
If you want genuine debate tell your_pals to stop dodging and deflecting questions they don't want to answer. Then tell them if they say something and get called out to back their shit up (like when someone posts a list then Hugh calls "bullshit" and refuses to explain himself). That's kinda where the original circle jerk thread turned from "debate" to simply calling out known trolls on their bullshit. True_Conservatives also wouldn't bash the R candidate 24/7 after the primary and before the general. Stop defending the trolls in this thread and associating with them if you don't like being lumped in with them. YOU chose to rub elbows with the underscores.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When one aligns themselves with Schiffty Schiff, can they even remotely be considered 'conservative' ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the #NEVRTRUMPERs also have stalwart conservatives Eric Swalwell & Bill Maher.

They are in good company.

Bit of vid at Tweet.

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#15]
lol

We're going to get Vice President Bawitdaba on the 2020 ticket.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Member the good ole days of Muh Russia zeal?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Meumber the good ole days of Muh Russia zeal?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well the #NEVRTRUMPERs also have stalwart conservatives Eric Swalwell & Bill Maher.

Bit of vid at Tweet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bit of vid at Tweet.

True conservatives would have things like #Comey2020 in their sig line.

True conservatives would hope the democrats win the House in 2018.

True conservatives would say that it's "unfortunate" that the dems probably won't run an electable candidate in 2020.

True conservatives would follow leftists on twitter and post their tweets on ARF as part of their defense.

True conservatives would bash everyone deemed "alt right" by CNN.

True conservatives would bash nationalism.

True conservatives would insinuate someone is "racist" and "hates brown people" if they were opposed to the globalists purposefully flooding America with 3rd worlders.

True conservatives would say that using the word "globalist" is nothing but a dog whistle for hating Jews.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
And the extreme left hated Obama for being too middle-of-the-road wishy washy. Of course the Venn Diagram of political opinions is going to have some overlap.

Here is the big difference between liberals and me.

Liberals want to destroy Trump and get him out of office to push their liberal agenda.

I criticize Trump hoping other Conservative Republicans can pull their head out of the sand, see the error in his ways, and actually start to become angry towards Trump for going off the Conservative message.

We need to be angry and hold Trump's feet to the fire, that's only way we're going to get some action out of him.

It's like every time Trump goes back on his word, his followers have nothing but excuses. It's like beaten wife syndrome where she always finds ways to make excuses for any criticism towards him and keeps going back. " I can't leave him. I know he loves me, I know he is going to change, there is outside factors making him this way, it's not his fault."

I noticed almost immediately when he first got into office. I started asking "When is this promised 2nd Amendment Coalition" going in?

All I got was constant dismissals and  "It's only ____ days. He is a busy guy. Don't worry about it!"

Then 2+ years later we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Same deal with the wall. Why didn't he call this emergency action two years ago when we owned Congress?

That's just a few examples.

Right now it falls into this same pattern...

-Trump makes a threat about something he wants to do (which is often something I agree with)
-His fans get excited and start doing the MAGA dance.
-Trump goes back or folds on a promise/threat. Or he simply doesn't mention it again.
-His fans get angry for about a minute and then start rationalizing (aka "The Swamp/Deep State stopped him."). It's NEVER Trump's fault.
-Trump sends out an angry tweet about libs/media/another threat, etc...
-Trump fans get all excited again.

Rinse and repeat endlessly.

Now, if people actually started protesting Trump's constant ineptitude and stopped going to his rally's, stopped excusing his behavior, and just started keeping him accountable...then maybe, just maybe his internal polling would show he's losing support from his base and to figure out why/how. Maybe it will get it through his head we want actual ACTION, not some empty twitter threat.

Trump LOVES to be liked. He LOVES the positive attention. That's why so many of his speeches sound like he's still campaigning. He doesn't know how to be a President, he knows how to be a salesman. Salesman know all of the customer "hot buttons" they can push to schmooze the customers over to their product.
If he notices his base dwindling/becoming angry, it might actually put a spur in his ass to do something about it (something more than twitter rants).

Remember, this guy was going to change DC. He's been rubbing shoulders with the NYC/DC elite since the 80s. The guy is not an outsider in any sense of the word. He KNOWS how the swamp system works yet he still promised to be the "deal maker" and was going to prove everyone wrong.

But now Trump knows so many of his supporters are simply "Orange man always good" and never hold him accountable. He can basically coast for the next two years doing absolutely nothing but endless campaigning. Maybe make a few speeches about locking up Hillary/The Wall, hug the flag, and the crowds will be eating out of his hands again.

My goal? I would like to see the Republican party saved by someone like Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, or Rand Paul. Get an actual Conservative in there to primary this populous windbag out of there. We can't keep this same trajectory or the Republican party will be no longer in a few years.

Right now I think the Republican party is in deep trouble. Trump has constantly kicked the Liberal hornet's nest since day one and that low energy Democratic party of 2-3 years ago has transformed into something completely different. I'm very worried that Trump has set back the whole conservative movement/republican party for many years to come by being a constant troll and emboldening the left.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Still waiting for a link to a post from a NeverTrumper supporting an "ultra left" policy position.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still waiting for a link to a post from a NeverTrumper supporting an "ultra left" policy position.

View Quote
There you're people.

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

True conservatives would say that it's "unfortunate" that the dems probably won't run an electable candidate in 2020.

True conservatives would follow leftists on twitter and post their tweets on ARF as part of their defense.

True conservatives would insinuate someone is "racist" and "hates brown people" if they were opposed to the globalists purposefully flooding America with 3rd worlders.

True conservatives would say that using the word "globalist" is nothing but a dog whistle for hating Jews.
View Quote
So, a true conservative is supposed to lick trump's nuts and say "they are not that salty, come lick them too"?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So, a true conservative is supposed to lick trump's nuts and say "they are not that salty, come lick them too"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...…….. maybe if you are one of the ponies.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Then be my guest and go nuts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These threads are FAR from policy discussions. The observation is that your hate for Trump is perfectly positively correlated with those that are 100% for open borders, gun confiscation, reparations, tax payer funded live birth ‘abortions’, etc. So if standing side by side at a NeverTrump rally, it would be impossible to distinguish between the progressive communist and true_conservative.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you are transferring some repressed feelings into politics or somethin.

Not that there is anything wrong with those "feelings".

I don't think the guy you quoted wanted you to lick anyones genitals. That is all you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't think the guy you quoted wanted you to lick his genitals. That is all you.
View Quote
Yep, more projection. Just like Muh_Russia.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't think the guy you quoted wanted you to lick anyones genitals. That is all you.
View Quote
Edited 1387Delta  CoC 6
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There you're people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you're people.

Try ‘they are’ or ‘they’re’ next time

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
These threads are FAR from policy discussions. The observation is that your hate for Trump is perfectly positively correlated with those that are 100% for open borders, gun confiscation, reparations, tax payer funded live birth ‘abortions’, etc. So if standing side by side at a NeverTrump rally, it would be impossible to distinguish between the progressive communist and true_conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The "correlation" is that both sides don't like Trump.  There's literally zero overlap in actual policy preferences.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp, and yet here we are.

"Liberal's don't like Trump.  NeverTrumpers don't like [checks notes] Trump.  Ergo Liberals are NeverTrumpers" is some seriously childlike "logic".

ETA:  In before "Huuuuuuuuurrrrrr but it's true!" lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Edited 1387Delta CoC 6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited 1387Delta CoC 6
Supporting the president seems about right..

You support the leftist coup right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Typos happen especially on  a tablet. My statement still stands and your agenda does nothing positive for this forum, hence the need for you to create yet another thread when the previous ones got locked. You are doing nothing but harming the site. Even the owner of this site once made a thread asking members to not make negative posts in regards to Trump and he has also made it clear this is a conservative website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@40xb

I got tons of reports in the 500+ page thread (they have slowed down a quite a bit)

There has been a lot of latitude given to both sides of the coin and it is getting to the point where its obvious some people are:
Get things locked
Get others banned

In many ways the locks were protecting all members despite what some thought of other members' status or reason for being here was. I don't feel bad for locking the threads. People's bickering and petty antics gets old real quick. I suggest people read the following and start cleaning up their act because it has been 2+ years of this BS and its getting old.

[6) Attacking or insulting a member in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have the right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. This rule also includes posting disparaging remarks about a member's family.

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. ... It can also be the posting of threads or replies, in which it appears that the sole purpose is to provoke other members...
@40xb
I assure you I did not repost this thread to troll or cause harm to the site. I reposted it because it's the one place there are like minded people in one thread and it isn't all just cheering on the POTUS when he does liberal type shit.

The entire rest of the site is full of that. I don't get why us posting in this thread pisses so many trump pumpers off.
Maybe you should go to Reddit with the other liberal anti trump window lickers. Three locked threads and you decide to make a forth
Typos happen especially on  a tablet. My statement still stands and your agenda does nothing positive for this forum, hence the need for you to create yet another thread when the previous ones got locked. You are doing nothing but harming the site. Even the owner of this site once made a thread asking members to not make negative posts in regards to Trump and he has also made it clear this is a conservative website.
And crickets..............
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure, think whatever you want, this is a free country, right?

ETA, speaking of supporting presidents, I wonder if you supported obama then?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@40xb

Get things locked
Get others banned

@40xb

How dare ye question thy Kings liberal actions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bit of vid at Tweet.

And referring to those same true conservatives as leftists or liberals is “a poor argument”.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Really weird that Trump hasn't said he was vindicated by the report yet. I'm sure it's coming shortly.
View Quote
When you're winning by 10 touchdowns,  you're kind of past the point of spiking the ball in the end zone.

But considering Trump knows as much as we do how a single tweet can ruin your_entire_week,  I imagine you'll get your wish soon.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And the extreme left hated Obama for being too middle-of-the-road wishy washy. Of course the Venn Diagram of political opinions is going to have some overlap.

Liberals want to destroy Trump and get him out of office to push their liberal agenda.

I criticize Trump hoping other Conservative Republicans can pull their head out of the sand, see the error in his ways, and actually start to become angry towards Trump for going off the Conservative message.

We need to be angry and hold Trump's feet to the fire, that's only way we're going to get some action out of him.

It's like every time Trump goes back on his word, his followers have nothing but excuses. It's like beaten wife syndrome where she always finds ways to make excuses for any criticism towards him and keeps going back. " I can't leave him. I know he loves me, I know he is going to change, there is outside factors making him this way, it's not his fault."

I noticed almost immediately when he first got into office. I started asking "When is this promised 2nd Amendment Coalition" going in?

All I got was constant dismissals and  "It's only ____ days. He is a busy guy. Don't worry about it!"

Same deal with the wall. Why didn't he call this emergency action two years ago when we owned Congress?

-Trump makes a threat about something he wants to do (which is often something I agree with)
-Trump goes back or folds on a promise/threat. Or he simply doesn't mention it again.
-His fans get angry for about a minute and then start rationalizing (aka "The Swamp/Deep State stopped him."). It's NEVER Trump's fault.

Now, if people actually started protesting Trump's constant ineptitude and stopped going to his rally's, stopped excusing his behavior, and just started keeping him accountable...then maybe, just maybe his internal polling would show he's losing support from his base and to figure out why/how. Maybe it will get it through his head we want actual ACTION, not some empty twitter threat.

Trump LOVES to be liked. He LOVES the positive attention. That's why so many of his speeches sound like he's still campaigning. He doesn't know how to be a President, he knows how to be a salesman. Salesman know all of the customer "hot buttons" they can push to schmooze the customers over to their product.
If he notices his base dwindling/becoming angry, it might actually put a spur in his ass to do something about it (something more than twitter rants).

Remember, this guy was going to change DC. He's been rubbing shoulders with the NYC/DC elite since the 80s. The guy is not an outsider in any sense of the word. He KNOWS how the swamp system works yet he still promised to be the "deal maker" and was going to prove everyone wrong.

But now Trump knows so many of his supporters are simply "Orange man always good" and never hold him accountable. He can basically coast for the next two years doing absolutely nothing but endless campaigning. Maybe make a few speeches about locking up Hillary/The Wall, hug the flag, and the crowds will be eating out of his hands again.

My goal? I would like to see the Republican party saved by someone like Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, or Rand Paul. Get an actual Conservative in there to primary this populous windbag out of there. We can't keep this same trajectory or the Republican party will be no longer in a few years.

Right now I think the Republican party is in deep trouble. Trump has constantly kicked the Liberal hornet's nest since day one and that low energy Democratic party of 2-3 years ago has transformed into something completely different. I'm very worried that Trump has set back the whole conservative movement/republican party for many years to come by being a constant troll and emboldening the left.
View Quote
Whew. Your concern is noted.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@40xb

Get things locked
Get others banned

@40xb

@tango1978

So a safe space?

Can you please link to the thread where the owner asked us not to make negative comments about Trump?

Also, read my post above (about 10 posts up)...the long one.

You'll notice I'm fighting FROM a conservative position. Most of my biggest gripes towards Trump are over CONSERVATIVE issues.

Maybe Trump would have actually created his promised "2nd Amendment Coalition" if pro-gun Conservatives actually held him accountable instead of actively trying to stifle any discontent.

This forum will INSTANTLY turn on any long-standing conservative youtube commentators/gun manufacturers for ONE error. I see it here on GD weekly. One mistake and you guys have them thrown under the bus and instantly boycotting all products.

Yet with Trump, he's constantly go back on his 2nd Amendment Coalition promise, gets friendly with Feinstein, help ban bumpstocks, openly talk about "taking the guns first, due process later," etc...etc..

So why aren't we seeing the same instant GD Conservative pushback towards Trump as we do with so many other figures in the gun world? Many of these companies/figures have been actively fighting for pro-2A for decades.

I bet you dollars to donuts that Hickock45 has done more positive as an ambassador for the gun community than Trump will ever hope to do.

It's like you guys are willing to eat your own at a moment's notice but would never dare turn your back on Trump, regardless of his anti-gun bs.

It's downright scary...that's why you see the word "cultish" tossed around so much.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s a lot of eloquent BS you posted, let me help you out with what you either don’t understand or refuse to accept.

The difference between you and a liberal is they know enough to rally behind their guy even when they disagree with that person.

They know and understand that by doing that, they solidify their grasp on elections and holding onto political power which keeps the incrementalism of socialist ideals creeping ever closer to their ideal politics.

No memes, no personal attacks just cold hard truth. Folks with a similiar mindset have been and will always be the death of conservatism. Politics is a team sport, not every play is going to be a game winner.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. But then he nationalized medicine. He killed a couple thousand Mexicans to frame gun owners. Gave his friends a trillion dollars through TARP and stimulus, took bribes from HSBC after they got caught laundering drug and terrorist money, Sold uranium to Russians, Flew plane loads of cash to Iran, Covered up Muslim terrorists involvement in the drug trade, Armed ISIS, Attempted a coup against the current president etc.

I mean that isn't a complete list.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you're people.

Try ‘they are’ or ‘they’re’ next time

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/2F01E193-0768-4381-B8A9-96A35E6E0D14_jpeg-887748.JPG
When you don't get the joke.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@tango1978

So a safe space?

Can you please link to the thread where the owner asked us not to make negative comments about Trump?

Also, read my post above (about 10 posts up)...the long one.

You'll noticed I'm fighting FROM a conservative position. Most of my biggest gripes towards Trump are over CONSERVATIVE issues.

Maybe Trump would have actually created his promised "2nd Amendment Coalition" if pro-gun Conservatives actually held him accountable instead of actively trying to stifle any discontent.

This forum will INSTANTLY turn on any long-standing conservative youtube commentators/gun manufacturers for ONE error. I see it here on GD weekly. One mistake and you guys have them thrown under the bus and instantly boycotting all products.

Yet with Trump, he's constantly go back on his 2nd Amendment Coalition promise, gets friendly with Feinstein, help ban bumpstocks, openly talk about "taking the guns first, due process later," etc...etc..

So why aren't we seeing the same instant GD Conservative pushback towards Trump as we do with so many other figures in the gun world? Many of these companies/figures have been actively fighting pro-2A for decades.

I bet you dollars to donuts that Hickock45 has done more positive as an ambassador for the gun community than Trump will ever hope to do.

It's like you guys are willing to eat your own at a moment's notice but would never dare turn your back on Trump, regardless of his anti-gun bs.

It's downright scary...that's why you see the word "cultish" tossed around so much.
View Quote
You will have written a novel by the end of this. All those words, typed out in a fury and full of anguish. And through it all...

Donald Trump is still your President.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That’s a lot of eloquent BS you posted, let me help you out with what you either dial to understand or refuse to accept.

The difference between you and a liberal is they know enough to rally behind their guy even when they disagree with that person.

They know and understand that by doing that, they solidify their grasp on elections and holding onto political power which keeps the incrementalism of socialist ideals creeping ever closer to their ideal politics.

No memes, no personal attacks just cold hard truth. Folks with a similiar mindset have been and will always be the death of conservatism. Politics is a team sport, not every play is going to be a game winner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a lot of eloquent BS you posted, let me help you out with what you either dial to understand or refuse to accept.

Why am I going to vote for someone I disagree with on major policy issues?

If "Step 1" of your plan is "Abandon all of your principals", then I'm not really interested in hearing the rest of your plan.

"No, no no - you've got to vote for this guy who says he's going to do liberal shit in order to stop that other candidate that's going to do slightly different liberal shit."

Not interested.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If "Step 1" of your plan is "Abandon all of your principals", then I'm not really interested in hearing the rest of your plan.

"No, no no - you've got to vote for this guy who says he's going to do liberal shit in order to stop that other candidate that's going to do slightly different liberal shit."

Not interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not interested.
Best not to lecture others about principals after years of leftist coup advocacy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not interested.
If part of your principles is to support a coup of the duly elected President, then I'm not so sure you can claim that you are conservative.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The "correlation" is that both sides don't like Trump.  There's literally zero overlap in actual policy preferences.

"Liberal's don't like Trump.  NeverTrumpers don't like [checks notes] Trump.  Ergo Liberals are NeverTrumpers" is some seriously childlike "logic".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's adorable that you still pretend your constant negativity ends at Trump as if anyone still buys your schtick. If CNN made a list titled "alt right figures we hate" I could probably find a post for each one in which you trashed them.

Correct me if I'm wrong...just off the top of my head...

Tucker
Hannity
Milo
Ben Shapiro
Dan Bongino
James Woods
Sarah Sanders

You even bash Ben Garrison the cartoonist.

Then you turn around and dismiss things like Uranium1 as "right wing tin foil conspiracy" while pumping "muh Russia" daily.

Speaking of "muh Russia"...you still haven't shown us what info you saw before Nov 2016 that convinced you Trump was a Russian stooge and sent you on your life mission to destroy the R candidate prior to the general.

If you are a true conservative, I'm a unicorn.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*yawn*

Nice strawman.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So why aren't we seeing the same instant GD Conservative pushback towards Trump as we do with so many other figures in the gun world? Many of these companies/figures have been actively fighting for pro-2A for decades.

View Quote
your mistake is thinking that GD eating people is the behavior to encourage, rather than the treatment they give Trump that is actually appropriate
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
your mistake is thinking that GD eating people is the behavior to encourage, rather than the treatment they give Trump that is actually appropriate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark Larue should still be in GD.
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top