Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty nice.

Noticed that there are no Ford badges.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I dig it.

Tempted to order a 2 door / 2.7L EB.

Not sure of a 10 speed auto or 7 speed manual yet.

Gotta think on that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Front locker. I'll eat my humble pie.  I didn't think they would beef up the front end enough to add one.

they did good.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sasquatch package!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dig it.

Gotta think on that.
View Quote

No kidding, sounds awesome. I'm a die hard manual guy on sports cars, but on a Bronco, do I want to row all 7 gears? I won't buy a first year, but this has my interest some day.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No kidding, sounds awesome. I'm a die hard manual guy on sports cars, but on a Bronco, do I want to row all 7 gears? I won't buy a first year, but this has my interest some day.
View Quote

I’m almost certain that it’s a 6 speed with a granny low.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't reserve one, site keeps giving me xlm errors
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dig it.

Gotta think on that.

I gotta decide if this is going to be in addition to my f150 and 350.

Or if I’m going to get rid of my company truck (f150) and just take a car allowance. Then have the bronco and f350.

If it’s going to be in addition to, manual. As it will be a weekend toy.

If it’s going to be a daily driver, automatic.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you're right I think, still.

The 2 door is really appealing, but admittedly leaves little room now that I have kids . Anyway, I'll dream.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I gotta decide if this is going to be in addition to my f150 and 350.

Or if I’m going to get rid of my company truck (f150) and just take a car allowance. Then have the bronco and f350.

If it’s going to be in addition to, manual. As it will be a weekend toy.

If it’s going to be a daily driver, automatic.
View Quote

only way to get the EB is with the auto :/
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
2.7L FTW
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I was pretty pessimistic about it, but it looks good.  They changed my mind.

how much is it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#14]

That Sasquatch package and the 2.7EB are available all the way down to the base stripper trim.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, I was pretty pessimistic about it, but it looks good.  They changed my mind.

how much is it?
View Quote

Prices are on the website, first edition (3500 units) starts at 59 and is about a $10k premium over the next best equipped model. Pricing seems good imo. I’m on the Canadian site trying to reserve a wild track version (no first edition up here) but the website is ultra slow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

how much is it?
View Quote

The base model has a starting MSRP of $28,500.

The big Wildtrak trim is $48,875.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/?intcmp=hp-bb-bronco
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
The pricing on it is really good. Really competes with the 4runner.

Looks like I know what car i'll be getting next summer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how much is it?

The base equipment is decent too.

Black Diamond has MOLLE panels on the backs of the front seats. Not sure if other trims have that.

I’m impressed. My wife is nervous I’m going to call my Ford dealer and have him order me one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Prices are much better than I expected.

Watch out Jeep.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Watch out Jeep.
View Quote

I concur. I was considering a Rubicon but beyond the shitty Chrysler build quality I just couldn't get past that 60k+ price tag
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Watch out Jeep.
View Quote

The way I see it, there’s two giant middle fingers to Jeep.

The first is that Ford is making all of the mechanical off road goodies available on every trim.

The second is the availability of the 2.7L EB on every trim.

Locking the goodies to the Rubicon trim and only offering more power on a special Rubi trim that’s priced like a Hellcat ain’t going to cut it.

Jeep needs to whip out the 5.7L Hemi for the normal trims and re-think their trim structure.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is considerably less expensive than I was expecting, and has my attention.  Maybe it'll bring some sanity back into the market.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Trying to reserve a Black Diamond. I want the Badlands but by the time the Sasquatch package and the 2.7 is added it would probably be way too much for me without resorting to ramen.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I think it's pretty cool as a 4runner owner.  About what I expected.

Won't be trading for one, but the fact it has all those goodies as standard and you can order it from the factory with hundreds of aftermarket items like light bars, roof racks, etc. is pretty sweet.  I think the two door is a particularly excellent homage to the original.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The first is that Ford is making all of the mechanical off road goodies available on every trim.

Locking the goodies to the Rubicon trim and only offering more power on a special Rubi trim that’s priced like a Hellcat ain’t going to cut it.

Jeep needs to whip out the 5.7L Hemi for the normal trims and re-think their trim structure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch out Jeep.

Also allowing flat towing giving the RV crowd another vehicle option.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Ironic the Bronco has Wrangler tires, I'm surprised Ford didn't pressure Goodyear to call it the BLM1AT something
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Watch out Jeep.
View Quote
Yeah Jeep has to be checking their drawers right now.  Wranglers and Ram pickups are the only thing keeping FCA afloat right now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That Sasquatch package and the 2.7EB are available all the way down to the base stripper trim.
View Quote
That is awesome. I'm definitely getting one of these.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#29]
To many electronics controlling the off-road system though. Probably will be seeing these things in the shop often.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah Jeep has to be checking their drawers right now.  Wranglers and Ram pickups are the only thing keeping FCA afloat right now.
View Quote

According to Ford they are planning on 200k units a year. Competition is heating up quickly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Shut up and take my money Ford!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch out Jeep.

FCA has the hardware they need in their parts bin, but they have to be willing to use it and cut into their margins a bit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#33]
A 2 door model will probably be my next new vehicle. I'll give it a year or two for the initial hype and dealer markups to die down though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's really a six speed in normal
driving. The extra gear is just a super low crawl gear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I miss my Jeep everyday.

Ford did to the Bronco what ford should have done to the jeep long ago. The damn base model has front and rear lockers
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow Ford really dropped the ball on this one. They could have modernized like the Blazer, but instead they put out this garbo

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

only way to get the EB is with the auto :/
View Quote

Well that ruins it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#38]
As a Jeep owner, I'm impressed. The Bronco looks awesome. Not anywhere near making me regret my Jeep, but I can't wait to see broncos on the trail
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

To many it doesn't matter. I'd never buy another Chrysler product again and I'm not alone in that. My second gen Ram was the last good Dodge I owned and that's only because the only part of the drivetrain Chrysler made was the 5.9 which had been in production since before I was born. The Challenger was a nightmare and the GFs Cherokee is a disaster as well.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m interested in one, but probably not enough to actually buy it. My wife on the other hand, may get one of the 4 doors.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, it’s everything I thought it could be and more. I might actually take my penny pinching ass to the dealership, the wife loves it as much as I do.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I just watched a video that said the only way you can get the 7 speed is with the 4..

this true?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just watched a video that said the only way you can get the 7 speed is with the 4..

this true?
View Quote

I’d like the crawl gear but an auto is much better off road, in my experience wheeling both. I’ll take the auto for the extra hundredish lb/ft of torque.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Ford killed it with this one. I was worried about the price but Ford priced it right. Some of the other auto makers need to take notice now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m pretty letdown on the towing capacity and engine options. I was looking forward to buying a new Bronco to replace my 5.0 F-150 when it finally gives up, but with the current offerings, it can’t tow my boat. 3500lbs towing is very underwhelming.

Maybe they’ll offer a V8 or a bigger EB option later on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’m pretty letdown on the towing capacity and engine options. I was looking forward to buying a new Bronco to replace my 5.0 F-150 when it finally gives up, but with the current offerings, it can’t tow my boat. 3500lbs towing is very underwhelming.

Maybe they’ll offer a V8 or a bigger EB option later on.
View Quote

The engine isn't even close to being the limit on towing.

The Ranger can tow 7,500 lbs with the 2.3 and the F-150 can tow 9,000 lbs with the 2.7.

The 3,500 lbs towing limit has everything to do with the wheelbase, suspension, and stability of the platform.

There's a rumor that the Bronco "brand" will get a pickup at some point to split the difference between the Bronco and Ranger and to compete against the Gladiator, but such a thing would probably take years to appear.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#47]
It's not going to replace my F250 or my Mustang, it's going to replace my Fusion.  That can't tow shit either and gets about the same fuel economy
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#48]
For some reason the Black Diamond package with those steely wheels appeals to me most.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Just went to Fords site. Am I missing something? Where's the 2dr versions?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:17:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just went to Fords site. Am I missing something? Where's the 2dr versions?
View Quote

The first reservation page has a toggle from 2 to 4 door.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top