Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

trustfire Cree c8 1000 lumen, best $20 you'll ever spend in flashlights.

thank me later

OP.  I just ordered two of these lights and a battery kit with charger from batteryjunction.com  

HOLLLLYY  FUCKINGGGG     SHITTTTTTT    

retarded stupid ass fuck fuck bright.   strobe feature is the tits muh-gilacutty

using them as GP home lights ..  still going to get the fenix for my lid.  but you can not beat the value of these trustfire things

yeah couldn't have said it better haha, the strobe will induce a gran mal seizure from 30 yards away.  I have burned the rods and cones in my eyes fucking purple with that thing.

cannot be beat for $20

So it uses 123a's or just 18650's?  

I bought the 18650s with a charger, I thought it would take 123s too....let me check

ETA: yes runs just as well on 123s

Is the the lights your talking about

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Seemed appropriate here

I hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question in his thread, but it seems some of the more knowledgeable flashaholics on this site are chiming in here!

I have been EDCing a Lumintop L1c for about 3 years now. I love the light, it has pretty good throw for it's size and fits well in my pocket.

However, it has now twice let me down. The first time it fell out of my pocket to a tile floor (about 3 feet, I was bending over) and was DRT.

That was probably 8 months ago. Lifetime warranty, I figured I'd be good, but it has to go back to China for repair, so I was sans light for about 6 weeks.

This morning I pulled it out to check something on the BRT and it was once again dead as a hammer. It worked this morning when I put it in my pocket, but 3 hours later it was dead. When I shake it, I notice a rattle in the head that wasn't there before. I don't think it accidentally turned on (that has only happened once in 3 years) since I would have felt the heat in my pocket, so I do not suspect a dead battery but I'll be testing that when I get home. Seems like she just gave up the ghost for no apparent reason. If that is the case, it's going back to China again.

My problem is that I use this for a duty light. Not fighting fire, but every other task including S&R, EMS, inspections, etc. I need something that is going to be reliable and, sadly, my old friend has let me down for the last time.

I hate to spend this much, but I am looking at a Surefire EB1. I want something similar size and capability to the Lumintop. I like the fact that I can look at something up close in a dark room or back of the ambluance while still being able to light up a scene if need be. No lie, my floods went out on my truck one night and I climbed on top of the rig and used the L1c to illuminate the scene so my crew could work.

So here we go, I want a pocket rocket thrower that runs on a single CR123. Needs to be dead nuts reliable, and I'd prefer something just a little smaller than the Surefire I linked to, more akin to the size of the L1c, but I'm open to smaller as well.

Whatcha got?
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

thank me later

I picked one of these up. Bad ass super bright light. Got a 4 pack of 3000mah li-on batteries.  One battery lasts forever.  was $32 shipped for everything on Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/4/2008/03/jla-bat-signal.jpg

Seemed appropriate here

I hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question in his thread, but it seems some of the more knowledgeable flashaholics on this site are chiming in here!

I have been EDCing a Lumintop L1c for about 3 years now. I love the light, it has pretty good throw for it's size and fits well in my pocket.

However, it has now twice let me down. The first time it fell out of my pocket to a tile floor (about 3 feet, I was bending over) and was DRT.

That was probably 8 months ago. Lifetime warranty, I figured I'd be good, but it has to go back to China for repair, so I was sans light for about 6 weeks.

This morning I pulled it out to check something on the BRT and it was once again dead as a hammer. It worked this morning when I put it in my pocket, but 3 hours later it was dead. When I shake it, I notice a rattle in the head that wasn't there before. I don't think it accidentally turned on (that has only happened once in 3 years) since I would have felt the heat in my pocket, so I do not suspect a dead battery but I'll be testing that when I get home. Seems like she just gave up the ghost for no apparent reason. If that is the case, it's going back to China again.

My problem is that I use this for a duty light. Not fighting fire, but every other task including S&R, EMS, inspections, etc. I need something that is going to be reliable and, sadly, my old friend has let me down for the last time.

I hate to spend this much, but I am looking at a Surefire EB1. I want something similar size and capability to the Lumintop. I like the fact that I can look at something up close in a dark room or back of the ambluance while still being able to light up a scene if need be. No lie, my floods went out on my truck one night and I climbed on top of the rig and used the L1c to illuminate the scene so my crew could work.

So here we go, I want a pocket rocket thrower that runs on a single CR123. Needs to be dead nuts reliable, and I'd prefer something just a little smaller than the Surefire I linked to, more akin to the size of the L1c, but I'm open to smaller as well.

Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

This light absolutely destroys the Surefire backup. You can buy it with an orange peel or smooth reflector for throw. I prefer orange peel for smooth light and spill.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seemed appropriate here

Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

This light absolutely destroys the Surefire backup. You can buy it with an orange peel or smooth reflector for throw. I prefer orange peel for smooth light and spill.

What are the advantages of the light you linked over this?

I ordered one for $52 and change with discount code nitecoremt5.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seemed appropriate here

This morning I pulled it out to check something on the BRT and it was once again dead as a hammer. It worked this morning when I put it in my pocket, but 3 hours later it was dead. When I shake it, I notice a rattle in the head that wasn't there before. I don't think it accidentally turned on (that has only happened once in 3 years) since I would have felt the heat in my pocket, so I do not suspect a dead battery but I'll be testing that when I get home. Seems like she just gave up the ghost for no apparent reason. If that is thecase, it's going back to China again.

So here we go, I want a pocket rocket thrower that runs on a single CR123. Needs to be dead nuts reliable, and I'd prefer something just a little smaller than the Surefire I linked to, more akin to the size of the L1c, but I'm op
Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

That light only runs on turbo with lithium batteries direct drive. No infoinitely variable output..
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seemed appropriate here

Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

While I absolutely agree, whenever someone asks for most reliable single cell I always go back to HDS.  It will work when I am dead and gone, I expect.

http://www.hdssystems.com/
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want a floody, bright light, the Oveready Triple H3 is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seemed appropriate here

This morning I pulled it out to check something on the BRT and it was once again dead as a hammer. It worked this morning when I put it in my pocket, but 3 hours later it was dead. When I shake it, I notice a rattle in the head that wasn't there before. I don't think it accidentally turned on (that has only happened once in 3 years) since I would have felt the heat in my pocket, so I do not suspect a dead battery but I'll be testing that when I get home. Seems like she just gave up the ghost for no apparent reason. If that is thecase, it's going back to China again.

So here we go, I want a pocket rocket thrower that runs on a single CR123. Needs to be dead nuts reliable, and I'd prefer something just a little smaller than the Surefire I linked to, more akin to the size of the L1c, but I'm op
Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

That light only runs on turbo with lithium batteries direct drive. No infoinitely variable output..

Gotya, maybe I'll grab one some day. For now I'll make do with my PA10. Thanks or the quick reply.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seemed appropriate here

Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

While I absolutely agree, whenever someone asks for most reliable single cell I always go back to HDS.  It will work when I am dead and gone, I expect.

Mines got to go back to the factory for a new switch cover.....the rubber cracked and its not user replaceable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

thank me later

OP.  I just ordered two of these lights and a battery kit with charger from batteryjunction.com  

HOLLLLYY  FUCKINGGGG     SHITTTTTTT    

retarded stupid ass fuck fuck bright.   strobe feature is the tits muh-gilacutty

using them as GP home lights ..  still going to get the fenix for my lid.  but you can not beat the value of these trustfire things

yeah couldn't have said it better haha, the strobe will induce a gran mal seizure from 30 yards away.  I have burned the rods and cones in my eyes fucking purple with that thing.

cannot be beat for $20

So it uses 123a's or just 18650's?  

I bought the 18650s with a charger, I thought it would take 123s too....let me check

ETA: yes runs just as well on 123s

Is the the lights your talking about  

yep, that's the one, even cheaper now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 3:20:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seemed appropriate here

Whatcha got?

Jetbeam rrt0

Mines got to go back to the factory for a new switch cover.....the rubber cracked and its not user replaceable.

Really?  I have 3 and all that ever happened was I broke the lens on one.
Oh well, two is one, one is none
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Holy embarrassment Batman!!!

I put a new battery in and my trusty friend fired right up. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Guess the lesson here is that when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras!

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top