Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/23/2017 8:05:42 PM EDT
I just stepped (on the arch of my foot) the damn dogs, well chewed Nylabone... it felt like 100 fishhooks in my foot.

What's the worst you've stepped on/experienced?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done that before. It's like a Lego with needles glued to it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm old school.  

We stepped on jacks and Mr Potato Head pieces back when they went into an actual potato.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

These... they oughtta make a torture protocol with these fuckin' things.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
We call those hip breakers

What's really bad is when your step on one that's on tile floor. You get the pain and the joy of your foot sliding out from under you at the same time
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
2 nails at once sticking out of a 2x4
Chipped a bone, tendon, nerve and muscle damage
Took 6 months for it to quit aching every day but it still gets sore if I walk very far
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
In before someone says glass or "I stepped on a pop top".
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
4 of these bastards at the same time, they were clustered together on the carpet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#9]
What's worse that stepping on those things is accidentally kicking them with barefeet or just socks on. Kicking this thing will ruin your hour.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
A deer antler that my lab chews it went into my foot and almost out the top.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]

LOL I came to post that.

I bought a set of Jacks for my daughter yesterday.  I stepped on one about an hour later.  Fuck.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]

I'm betting your language was quite colorful afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just stepped (on the arch of my foot) the damn dogs, well chewed Nylabone... it felt like 100 fishhooks in my foot.

View Quote
My dog isn't  a good watchdog, but she leaves those all over the house
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't seem to have problems like that with my house shoes on?  

I did kick a cactus with saddles on while taking a piss in the wee hours of the morning on a camping trip.  I use flashlights now.  OUCH!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
A scorpion, it sucked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
4 of these bastards at the same time, they were clustered together on the carpet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53037/download-152689.JPG
View Quote

came to post this.

they will stop a running guard dog in their tracks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I read the title of the thread and looked right at my dogs nylabone right in the middle of the room, just waiting to be stepped on.

Opened the thread and gee...it's about nylabones!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking goat heads.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Read the thread title and knew immediately it was going to be a chewed Nylabone.

It equals if not defeats Legos on a pain scale.

Doesn't help that the Nylabone is the same color as the rug...

ETA: the culprit
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I did kick a cactus with saddles on while taking a piss in the wee hours of the morning on a camping trip.  I use flashlights now.  OUCH!
View Quote

Did your boyfriend pick them out?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reminds me of high school football camp. We were bunked in Army barracks. You'd come back from practice covered in those things. The sophomores always had to learn the hard way, not to pick them out of their socks and throw them on the floor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep done that, this is why  I walk around with a light.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Really?

when was that? Early 60s? I've only seen the plastic ones
View Quote

Yes, early to mid 60s.  It was a box of body and face parts.  You had to supply the potato, turnip, whatever to stick them in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I stepped on an ac adapter and "plugged" it into the bottom of my foot,
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#28]
IED
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
IED
View Quote

You win.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
IED
View Quote

Okay, that's the worst... I will go be a puss about my dogs nylabone over here------------------->
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Walking barefoot on icy/snowy gravel between the hot tub and the hotel room to fetch more beverages.  

Wasn't so bad on the way out but damn, it sucked on the way back.  My feet weren't nearly as tough as I thought.

But that hot tub sure made it better when I finally made it back.

At least I wasn't half-awake in the dark....
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm the softy of the group.  Lego.

This thread helped me to understand why some women (yep, I'm being sexist) like to keep the house clean.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#35]
When I was a kid I stepped on a piece of clothes hanger wire that punched through and left my slipper affixed to my foot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#36]
You probably don't want to go hiking  in Sylva, NC. Somebody is going around driving sharpened spikes in to tree roots for people to step on.
What the H*** is wrong with people like that ?

http://wspa.com/2017/02/21/spikes-left-on-trail-injure-hikers-in-park-near-sylva-nc/
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Ran a 20 penny nail through the arch of my left foot when I was a kid.

Walked through many yards/fields filled with sand spurs.

Had to walk across an oyster bed barefoot.

I wuz a kuntry kid.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL I came to post that.

I bought a set of Jacks for my daughter yesterday.  I stepped on one about an hour later.  Fuck.
View Quote
By the time my third child came around I had become pretty jaded about toys and began to think of them as only pieces that break and destroy my life. Pieces!
Worst thing I stepped on would be glass, with nails a close but much easier to remove second.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
IED
View Quote
Winner winner turkey dinner!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Nails, sand-spurs and broken glass when I was a yute.

Worst when I was an adult was shooting a nail in my heel with a pneumatic nail gun...

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Stepped on an earring and pierced my foot. 

Sister didn't leave them lying around after that. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]
A nail sticking out of a board when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I remember it hurt like a mother fucker!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  He was all like "That's what you get to lighting my ass up earlier".  I really let him have it after that.  

Why, do you want to go camping?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Eurasian water chestnut seed pods

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Garden rake lay in deep grass,earned me my first first tetanus shot.

my son didn't pick up all the tacks he spilled in the upstairs hallway.Got both feet that time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No.  He was all like "That's what you get to lighting my ass up earlier".  I really let him have it after that.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#49]
When I was 5 or 6 I stepped on a nail that went all the way through my foot and popped out the top.

ETA: My son stepped on a shark jaw I have while I was cleaning / organizing and got a very bloody, nasty "shark bite" on dry land.  He was about the same age.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Didn't happen to me but it's a rather popular family tale. My dad's side of the family had quite a history of practical jokes; some bordering on the cruel side of the spectrum.

One of the uncles had pulled some sort of stunt on his teenage daughter, in front of her new friends, after just entering high school. At that point in a young person's life, ridicule and embarrassment can come easy enough. So, needless to say, she was not all that pleased with her father for purposefully making that new chapter even more awkward.

She basically stewed all day, plotting her revenge prank. Her dad always stayed up later than the rest of the family, often would fall asleep on the couch, eventually get up, stumble down the hall to use the can, and then head up to bed. It was like clockwork, and would turn out to be his undoing that fateful evening.

After everyone else had gone upstairs for the night, she waited. Sure enough, her dad fell asleep downstairs, in front of the TV, like every other night.  Now, you may be thinking her plot would involve something related to her dad's nightly appointment with the porcelain throne. A good thought, but her plan was far more sinister.

In the hallway leading to the bathroom they had an area rug. It was probably 6-8 feet long, and the bottom was coated with small plastic spikes to keep it in place. I never saw it, but imagine it to be like what's found on the bottom of those desk mats for rolling chairs. Her plan was simple. She quietly crept into the hallway, flipped the rug over, and went back to bed.

Sometime after midnight, everyone in the house awoke to the uncle screaming and cursing up a storm.  When he first hit the "rug", he was still too out of it to comprehend what was going on. So, instead of stopping and backing up, he proceeded to hop and stumble across 6 feet of tiny little tacks.  It took a while for his feet to heal. But his pride, having peed himself a little, took a bit longer to recover.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top