Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to be really good at finding nails with my feet as a kid.  I bet I found five!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was nine or ten and we lived in a travel trailer park in Harriman Tennessee. Goofing around and knocked over the charcoal grill not long after Dad had finished grilling. Later that evening, walking back from a friend's trailer and walked right through the still HOT coals barefoot. That raised one large blister that covered the bottom of my foot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you guys think Grandpa's shuffle?

It's so we can detect grandkid landmines before it is too late.

Rookies, the bunch of you....
View Quote

I learned to shuffle when walking barefoot in the dark when I was a kid. Then someone dropped a toothpick on the carpet. Shuffling my feet allowed me to drive that sucker deep into the ball of my foot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]

I've got kids so Legos, matchbox cars, army men, chess pieces.

Nature stuff? Various sea shells, them spiked grass pod things in South Carolina, a cactus, a fucking acorn will straighten out your spine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]

LOL, came to post this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I found some broken glass in the kitchen one time.  One of my kids dropped a water glass that shattered on the tile.  They thought they cleaned it all up.  Riiiigggghhhhhtttttt.  I come home from a trip late at night, kick off my shoes and head to the fridge.  Felt a sharp pain in my foot, look down and saw a lot of blood.

Four hours later, I am headed out of the ER with three stitches inside and three outside on my foot, along with a nifty 1 1/2 inch curved piece of glass that managed to partially sever a couple of tendons.  Of course, none of the kids fessed up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally I'm in agreement with these guys. Luckily haven't done it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
4 of these bastards at the same time, they were clustered together on the carpet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53037/download-152689.JPG
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A scorpion, it sucked.
View Quote

Hasn't happened yet but it's only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#11]
You haven't lived until you step on a scorpion in bare feet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<a href="https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/62123/d4-152717.JPG" target="_blank">https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/62123/d4-152717.JPG</a>
View Quote

Yup! Solid copper D4 caused my foot to gush blood
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
4 of these bastards at the same time, they were clustered together on the carpet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53037/download-152689.JPG
View Quote

Goat heads FTW.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#14]
It's hard to say. Sand spurs are pretty bad. Chewed Nylabones are also bad, but I don't think they are anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be.

I think the worst was a glass sliver. I didn't feel it going in, but a glass sliver embedded in your foot will hurt for months and then itch for months.

Most recently was one of these:

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Lit cigarette, this is the reason I never go barefoot outside ever. happened when I was about 5 or 6 between that and bees on clover shoes for me.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top