BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're going for an actual piece of "art", I've always like Alex Coville's Pacific.  

http://vacay1.vacayca.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/alex_colville_1967_pacific_print.jpg

There's a shot in Heat that mimics it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The only thing I would bother hanging up is my going away plaque.  Its got my squadrons patches and a replica M9 on it.  Considering I'm probably the only person who would ever step into that room maybe my promotion warrants and other miscellaneous awards and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddy of mine has this in his dining room.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Flintlock of your choice. I'd like a Pennsylvania rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
this is on etsy
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]

This gets my vote.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
For wall art, I've always had a peculiar fondness for the art of WWI. There are some beautiful, haunting paintings that were "inspired" by that war. I will definitely find a place for some of it in my house eventually.

Some of the recruiting posters from back then make nice wall art as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]

That carved in wood?

That is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i think it's one of those training shock collars, or one of those slave bomb collars that blow up when she tries to escape.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not where a trach goes.

i think it's one of those training shock collars, or one of those slave bomb collars that blow up when she tries to escape.

Kinky
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
What about something from John McNaughton?

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Really want to get like 3 AR/M16 patents blown up and framed soon.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/018/0/7966563/il_fullxfull.557818859_m3b4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Really want to get like 3 AR/M16 patents blown up and framed soon.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/018/0/7966563/il_fullxfull.557818859_m3b4.jpg

Fun idea, but I'd probably skip the patent for the Forward Assist.

I made one of these for the apartment in college.  I used the entire semester's worth of printing credit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I pick up old black powder rifles on the cheap for over my fireplace
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Eventually I plan on getting one of these framed and hung

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm a fan of old propaganda posters.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For wall art, I've always had a peculiar fondness for the art of WWI. There are some beautiful, haunting paintings that were "inspired" by that war. I will definitely find a place for some of it in my house eventually.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/trail/wars_conflict/art/images/explore_art_new_world.jpg

https://gerryco23.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/crw-nevinson-returning-to-the-trenches-1914.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/uploads/f1/news/img/2014814_212743.jpg

http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/ww1/files/2014/10/The-Menin-Road-June-1918.png

View Quote

Very cool. You have any idea where i could find a print of the third one down.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/trail/wars_conflict/art/images/explore_art_new_world.jpg

https://gerryco23.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/crw-nevinson-returning-to-the-trenches-1914.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/uploads/f1/news/img/2014814_212743.jpg

http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/ww1/files/2014/10/The-Menin-Road-June-1918.png

Been doing some looking for it, but that one's pretty tricky. It's a mural created by artist Liam Dean for the Rochdale memorial. As such, I'm not even sure there are prints of it. You might could find a good quality digital image and get it printed to canvas or have an art quality print made from it, but thus far I haven't found any at retail.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have this framed (sorry about the size):

& will some have these framed:
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#21]
This:

Sorry, couldn't resist....................  

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Looks similar to the setup Dan Bilzerian has in his home
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been looking at one of these with a dummy rifle

http://www.gallowtech.com/products/weapon-storage-organization/packages

Thats an interesting idea.

Looks similar to the setup Dan Bilzerian has in his home

Seems really overpriced for what is essentially repurposed tool shelving and hangers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Those are awesome. I occasionally see some around here like that but yours look much better than most.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag87/rebelboxer/Georgia-Bulldogs-memes2_zpscleofuc0.jpg

View Quote

Damn she is fucking hot!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#26]
How about a flag made out of a whiskey barrel.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't quite get the "man cave" thing.  It always seems like dudes with a "man cave" have animosity towards their wives.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Dick Kramer has awesome stuff
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag87/rebelboxer/Georgia-Bulldogs-memes2_zpscleofuc0.jpg

View Quote

yea UGA sucks.. Luckily for you i am a Michigan fan.. I enjoyed every second of that curb stomping we gave you a few weeks back ;) GO BLUE!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do you sell those?
View All Quotes

Good question I'd consider one of these!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Search for: Zulu fucks X-ray pictures

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I did and nothing gun related came up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#34]
OP you need this

so you can do this...
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Too bad you would have to carve off the EoTech.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't know where to look for it but someone on here made some simple art work by tracing around an AR and an AK IIRC. One was black and one was white. They looked sharp.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Call of duty nazi zombies wall guns
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Other than having the above pic framed someday (not sure of the original artist), I'd like to make my own. I've always wanted to make a life sized piece of art of a specific gun, using both real parts and different types of media. For example, if I chose an AR15, I might have a real butt stock attached to a drawing of a lower, attached to a painting of an upper with maybe some other real parts interspersed and some other forms of artwork for the grip and handguards or something like that. Some day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It used to be called an "Office". I refer to my room in the house as either my "Office" or my "Workshop". Man cave to me is a place of video games, mini fridge and other stuff that tries to keep adolescents alive and be free of life's responsibilities.

An "Office or Workshop" is where men to manly things like work on guns, reload ammunition etc....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't quite get the "man cave" thing.  It always seems like dudes with a "man cave" have animosity towards their wives.  

Hardly. It's a way to keep my junk isolated and out of everyone's way. It's a respect thing, and I can put a single lock on (almost) everything that goes "bang" and "stab".

It used to be called an "Office". I refer to my room in the house as either my "Office" or my "Workshop". Man cave to me is a place of video games, mini fridge and other stuff that tries to keep adolescents alive and be free of life's responsibilities.

An "Office or Workshop" is where men to manly things like work on guns, reload ammunition etc....

This guy gets it.  I have a place to reload ammo, work on guns,  a soldering bench and six beer taps, but they aren't all in the same place.  I don't call any of my areas a "man cave" because I'm not trying to escape the women in my life with a hideout.  

Quoted:
Your wife won't let you have one?

I'm not married.  The whole house is mine to decorate however I want,  and when I do have women over I'm not purposely avoiding them by going to my "cave".  The whole house is pretty cool and I'd like to keep showcasing it as one entirely awesome place rather than have my friends come over and feel cramped in a basement.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All I can say to you is BE CAREFUL !!!

Because there are enabling jerks on ar15.com who will ruin you financially

Let me regale you with my pathetic story of woe:

A few years ago, I found display guns (i.e. demilled non-functional) of the old Danish Madsen machine gun that I have always found interesting.  IMA (the place I had bought my Martini Henry rifles from) had them, and so I considered buying one for my library/me room.

But then an arfcommer told me that a company actually made fully functional semi-auto versions of these guns.  A little pricey at about $3000, but hey - it's a functional Madsen gun, with all its cool Victorian steam-punkiness, so how can you resist right?  Plus, I was going to spend around $500 on a completely useless display gun, so how could I not buy one?  (Plus, it came with two interchangable barrels - one in .30-06, and one in 8mm german, so it was almost like getting two guns for the price of one!).

So I bought one.

Then, of course, I realized that it would be much cooler with the original tripod, which IMA also had for sale, so I bought one of those (I forget how much, but it wasn't cheap).

With an old design like that, naturally, you are going to worry about parts, so I found a pretty cheap Madsen kit (of the same model), so I bought one.  Then, after about a year, I realized that instead of having one Madsen with two barrels and a kit, I could have someone build the kit into another gun, and have one dedicated gun in .30-06, and one in 8mm german.

Soon, I had two Madsens.  

But, this guy wasn't DONE enabling me.  Oh no.  He then started letting me know whenever Rock Island Auctions had original full-auto Madsens for sale, and eventually the itch to have one became irresistible.  After all, isn't it a little lame to have a semi-auto version of a full-auto historical gun, when the full-auto guns are actually available and almost "affordable"?

So I bought one.

What started with the innocent thought that it would be "neat" to have a Madsen display gun in my Danish themed me-room, has cost me as much as a nice new car.  

... and I'm not even mad at the guy.    I'm like an abused wife that still loves the husband that beats me.  
View Quote

Fairly large lot of madsen MG parts coming up for auction in a month and a half.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I like the old ads myself.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
All I can say to you is BE CAREFUL !!!

Because there are enabling jerks on ar15.com who will ruin you financially

Let me regale you with my pathetic story of woe:

A few years ago, I found display guns (i.e. demilled non-functional) of the old Danish Madsen machine gun that I have always found interesting.  IMA (the place I had bought my Martini Henry rifles from) had them, and so I considered buying one for my library/me room.

But then an arfcommer told me that a company actually made fully functional semi-auto versions of these guns.  A little pricey at about $3000, but hey - it's a functional Madsen gun, with all its cool Victorian steam-punkiness, so how can you resist right?  Plus, I was going to spend around $500 on a completely useless display gun, so how could I not buy one?  (Plus, it came with two interchangable barrels - one in .30-06, and one in 8mm german, so it was almost like getting two guns for the price of one!).

So I bought one.

Then, of course, I realized that it would be much cooler with the original tripod, which IMA also had for sale, so I bought one of those (I forget how much, but it wasn't cheap).

With an old design like that, naturally, you are going to worry about parts, so I found a pretty cheap Madsen kit (of the same model), so I bought one.  Then, after about a year, I realized that instead of having one Madsen with two barrels and a kit, I could have someone build the kit into another gun, and have one dedicated gun in .30-06, and one in 8mm german.

Soon, I had two Madsens.  

But, this guy wasn't DONE enabling me.  Oh no.  He then started letting me know whenever Rock Island Auctions had original full-auto Madsens for sale, and eventually the itch to have one became irresistible.  After all, isn't it a little lame to have a semi-auto version of a full-auto historical gun, when the full-auto guns are actually available and almost "affordable"?

So I bought one.

What started with the innocent thought that it would be "neat" to have a Madsen display gun in my Danish themed me-room, has cost me as much as a nice new car.  

... and I'm not even mad at the guy.    I'm like an abused wife that still loves the husband that beats me.  
View Quote

Pics of cool Madsen display?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Tracheotomy?

View All Quotes

Adam's Apple-ectomy????  
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11260665_1692275824340704_2601696512406874927_n.jpg?oh=0d4aba29701a4a23413a85a8f9bcc9db&oe=570B15C3

This is pretty much how I see it and what I have.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I used to have a 1875 Martini Henry and a 1917 Enfield No.1 Mk III displayed, but then I needed more room for books (and had to build more bookcases) and room for my cigars, so now the two guns are just sitting in a corner, looking sad.  
View Quote

They need another Madsen to keep them Company....  
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11260665_1692275824340704_2601696512406874927_n.jpg?oh=0d4aba29701a4a23413a85a8f9bcc9db&oe=570B15C3

I like that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#50]
tag
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top