Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I love this thread, great photos so far! CountyWorker you have a great collection of cars!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Good deal. I'd take a new Bronco over a '73 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. There is a lot to be said for the modern comfort, safety, reliability, and efficiency.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m not necessarily done with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, all the other cars you've posted are cool ass cars. They are bad ass cars.
But that old Bronco on top of also being bad ass, made YOU look BADASS.
The new Bronco makes you look like a soccer dad.

I’m not necessarily done with it.

I'm just messing with you.  They all look great and you obviously have the talent to make the new one look unique and awesome.

Thanks for posting pics of all the cool as cars!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love this thread, great photos so far! CountyWorker you have a great collection of cars!
View Quote

Here’s another fun one. I did a complete restoration on it. I found it practically buried under a bunch of crap inside a garage at a junk yard.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
OP is this a brag thread?

and no I would not have sold the 73 Bronco, one is a classic, the new ones are a hunk of junk.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP is this a brag thread?

and no I would not have sold the 73 Bronco, one is a classic, the new ones are a hunk of junk.
View Quote

Would you rather be looking at cool cars or reading another one of those insufferable Ukraine threads?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ignore the haters, I'm a fan of modern tech. Unless you're going for EMP resistance.

Looks sharp, I've been watching a lot of Bronco videos lately. I so want a Sasquatch Badlands but need to win the lotto first.
View Quote

Hint:. It's not a Sasquatch, nor was it designed for the Badlands.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, beautiful new bronco!

Please post pics of '95 Tahoe!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:40:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New cars are vastly overrated.  Like driving a disposable toaster from Walmart.  Planned obsolescence in all the things.
View Quote

Guy at work decided to buy something new, so he wouldn't have to worry about fixing things now and then.  He's had it for a while, and it is a nice pickup with all the bells and whistles (if you like that sort of thing), but it started having a miss at idle (injectors went bad).

The truck is going to be in the shop for a couple weeks (they told him they were backed up).  He checked the warranty paperwork, and it expired a bit over 2,000 miles ago, so he's going to have a hefty bill.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Even if you have over 20 cars already?

The buildings are more expensive than the cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need both!

This guy is right.

Even if you have over 20 cars already?

The buildings are more expensive than the cars.

Looks like you got rows of shit that should have been cleared out before that bronco
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s my “ranch truck”, so it’s just stock except for the wheels and tires. It’s a two door, so it does have a good look to it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks like you got rows of shit that should have been cleared out before that bronco
View Quote

Yeah, I do have a weakness for old wood cars.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It’s my “ranch truck”, so it’s just stock except for the wheels and tires. It’s a two door, so it does have a good look to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I owned a '93 2 door for 11 years, it was my first vehicle when I was 15 years old and I miss it all the times, it became rotten thanks to NY salty winters.... so I do want to see your ranch truck!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I owned a '93 2 door for 11 years, it was my first vehicle when I was 15 years old and I miss it all the times, it became rotten thanks to NY salty winters.... so I do want to see your ranch truck!
View Quote

I’ll take a photo tomorrow. I don’t think I have a photo on my phone.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmmm.  I’d of kept the old bronco, the GT40, and the GT500 and sold everything else. The other old cars don’t interest me…..I’d then order a 2023 Ford Raptor R in place of the new Bronco.

IMO the new Bronco’s seem kind of ghey. Like when the PT Cruiser came out.

But I have a 2023 M3 on order, so WTF do I know……most would not consider my opinion. (6spd manual at least)

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:53:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm.  I’d of kept the old bronco, the GT40, and the GT500 and sold everything else. The other old cars don’t interest me…..I’d then order a 2023 Ford Raptor R in place of the new Bronco.

IMO the new Bronco’s seem kind of ghey. Like when the PT Cruiser came out.

But I have a 2023 M3 on order, so WTF do I know……most would not consider my opinion. (6spd manual at least)

View Quote

You don’t want to take my four pedal ‘23 Speedster out on the track?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:50:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Do what makes you happy.

I traded my '69 Camaro resto-mod w/383 Stroker on a C8 ..... got tired of it and time for a change.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Would you rather be looking at cool cars or reading another one of those insufferable Ukraine threads?
View Quote

I'll take cars over a Ukraine thread any day.

The only frame off restoration piece I have had to deal with was such a pain I can see why you let yours go. My 39 Dodge is great to look at but impractical for a lot of the things I want to do. I've been trying to sell it, though the market for 1 1/2 ton trucks is significantly smaller than just about anything else right now.

I'd like to sell it and turn it into something more capable and interesting like this Mercedes firetruck that showed up at cars and coffee in Portland earlier this year. Seeing all the cool stuff that gets brought out for MogFest always gets me going as well.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Some years ago, I bought a 06 jeep tj.  It's my daily driver.   Very shortly afterwards.  I found a restored Bronco of the same year as yours.  Just a tad over what I paid for my TJ.   I love those old Broncos!   I almost sold the jeep to get the Ford.  But the Ford was too nice to drive every day.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#21]
The car guy in me wants to say you done goofed, but nah. My old trucks in the shop right now & my fun weekend mayaking trip is ruined.

Realistically, old cars are a pain. Parts are worn, they brake unexpectedly & its a pain to even figure out what went wrong. Not to mention a lack of modern creature comfort's & modern advances in safety.

Ideally, you'd have kept both, but thatsbeasier said than done when speaking on a $45,000 truck? (Idk what the new Bronco cost).

Plus, the new Broncos are badass. Future classics I think. Ya did good.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Say it ain't so, I would keep the old one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Get back on your meds, get rid of that new POS and and get the classic Bronco back somehow.

REE-diculous!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#25]
“ if you’re happy then we’re happy“. Both of them are cool colors.
How about a little peek at some more awesome cars.

Add. I see you posted some, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Traded old outdated car for new one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But why?

Traded old outdated car for new one?

Car?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Note to self.  You should get a job with the County.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Bad choices OP.  We all make them once in a while
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You sound like a happy guy, but you are a Jeep guy.

Some of the most miserable car guys I’ve been around were Jeep guys.
View Quote

That's funny, I've found the exact same thing to be true.

I've build hundreds of Suzuki Samurai's over the years and it always pissed the jeep guys off to get out wheeled by a Samurai.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that it's 99% the driver.

Hope you enjoy your Bronco op, I'm actually considering picking one up, they look like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What are these worth these days?
View Quote

No idea really. I would guess $7500-$8000
Quoted:

I like it. I have a ‘95 Tahoe. I think I’ve only owned four Chevys in my life and I inherited one of them.
View Quote

For me it is the terrible fuel mileage and the fact it just sits there somtimes a month or more at a time. I actually drove it this morning but I had to boost the battery.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#31]
IMO....Yes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#32]
My 2Dr Badlands should be here today or tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
But, I don’t have to work on the new one. I’ve got too many cars to work on. Some have to go.
View Quote

You will have plenty to work on when the electronics start failing.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I debated the same thing but landed the other way.  Kept the 70 and dropped in a Blueprint 408, 4R70w, NP205, Full Duff suspension, New axles, lockers, etc...

Just need to finish it now...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Huge mistake
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Need both!
View Quote

This. I would have kept both.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Damn.  That's a good looking '73.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But, I don’t have to work on the new one. I’ve got too many cars to work on. Some have to go.

Right, the dealer gets to fix the shit that's broke.

I’m mixing in some new stuff these days.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/2B502110-A7D2-4C77-B2FE-8DFFA37C6673_jpe-2560084.JPG

Dude... that's cool. I want a modern GT350.

I like the new Bronco.

I have a love/hate relationship with old cars. I build them every day. There are currently a '77 Bronco and '73 2002 sitting in my shop. I sold my beautiful '74 2002 two years back. I never drove it. I have another sitting in a shipping container for "some day." I'd like to build a square body Chevy one day, too.  Until then, my JKU and Ram 2500 keep me occupied and entertained (something about driving a 8k lb truck with 1200ft/lb of torque is fun).

Old cars... noisy, smelly, slow. Nice to look at.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Why not keep both
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Looking at your photos, you have restored a bunch of cars with equal and much greater issues.  Keep the photos coming, and the weirder the better.

I have never heard of a 4-pedal car.  I know many of the early automobiles had manual controls beyond a choke that are now automated.   Hmmm.  I'm off to google, but have you driven it?  What was it like?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I kinda figured that's where this thread was headed.  It's a brag thread guys.  We all fell for the bait.  OP is a cool guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Driving old or muscle cars is a giant pain in the ass.

Yup. I suspect many of the "You shouldn't have done that" responses have not experienced the joys of driving old ass cars that do everything terrible compared to the cheapest modern shitbox. There comes a point where you just want to turn the key and use the vehicle without having to worry about what is going to go tits up next.

IMO cool old cars are like boats and machineguns. You want friends that have them.

I'll always keep multiple classic cars to drive. I just need to learn to stop buying them.

I'll die with this one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/DAD4D2BE-9AA6-4ECE-8ABC-A2FF744ED066_jpe-2560113.JPG
I kinda figured that's where this thread was headed.  It's a brag thread guys.  We all fell for the bait.  OP is a cool guy.

Humble brag, for sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#42]
@OP

Is it the process of restoration you enjoy or actually driving the restored car you enjoy more?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I debated the same thing but landed the other way.  Kept the 70 and dropped in a Blueprint 408, 4R70w, NP205, Full Duff suspension, New axles, lockers, etc...

Just need to finish it now...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214385/1_jpg-2560435.JPG
View Quote

That's freakin' beautiful. 100% done the way I would do it.

Guys in this thread are going to lose their minds next year when I take an old Bronco through rubicon. The owner wants to do the whole trail. There will be damage. He doesn't care. My modern JKU will be there as a recovery vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#44]
I want that GT40.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Clint never would have driven that second one in 'The Eiger Sanction'.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#46]
OK OP I'll admit defeat.  Googling for four pedal cars returns results for pedal-cars or modern stick shifts with a dead pedal.  The Models T had three pedals.  What is unique about the four pedal speedster and how does it work?

You have truly caught my interest with that one, which is unusual.  I find pre-war cars to be works of engineering art, but never really was interested in owning or driving one.  My interest in older cars generally starts in the mid too late 1950s and peaks in the mid 60s to mid 70s.  

I will confess that I have started dabbling in modern vehicles and recently bought a bunch of electronic OBD2 reader, secure gateway bypass, and assorted cables and gadgets and other crap so that I can meddle with my modern vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#47]
OP, got any RX7s you want to sell without committing rape?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'll take cars over a Ukraine thread any day.

The only frame off restoration piece I have had to deal with was such a pain I can see why you let yours go. My 39 Dodge is great to look at but impractical for a lot of the things I want to do. I've been trying to sell it, though the market for 1 1/2 ton trucks is significantly smaller than just about anything else right now.

https://i.imgur.com/pDHW7eV.jpg

I'd like to sell it and turn it into something more capable and interesting like this Mercedes firetruck that showed up at cars and coffee in Portland earlier this year. Seeing all the cool stuff that gets brought out for MogFest always gets me going as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Edy76KF.png
View Quote

I like your truck a lot. A buddy wants to sell a 1960 Ford that was originally built as a fire truck for an airport. Unfortunately, he sold off the 300 gallon tank, hose, reel, etc. years ago.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Get back on your meds, get rid of that new POS and and get the classic Bronco back somehow.

REE-diculous!
View Quote

I don’t about meds, but I did start drinking bourbon early the day I bought the new Bronco.

I actually got a good deal on it from the Ford dealership in Dixon CA.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

For me it is the terrible fuel mileage and the fact it just sits there somtimes a month or more at a time. I actually drove it this morning but I had to boost the battery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are these worth these days?

Quoted:

I like it. I have a ‘95 Tahoe. I think I’ve only owned four Chevys in my life and I inherited one of them.

I used to own one with a 351W, lift and 33” tires.  Loved it. But yeah, terrible mileage.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top