Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd throw that straight in the trash and spend an extra 10 minutes taking a shit each and every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol, breaks. Get a big boy job and don't have Lumbergh looking over your shoulder. I seriously don't understand how grown men work in a world where every minute of time is tracked.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
More toilet time!
View Quote

Toilet time is on the clock
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
A membership to the jelly of the month club makes a better award than that crap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Our time off awards start at one hour, and are used pretty regular, thanks for busting your butts to get that done, leave an hour early Friday.  They can go up to three days.  On the spot bonuses are almost never less than 250.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jesus tap dancing Christ that is insulting.
View Quote

Yeah.  

Wow!
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Toilet time is on the clock
View Quote

Per OSHA bathroom breaks don't have to be paid if they are excessive/over 20min...
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Take that with you on your next “10 minute” break at wipe your ass with it and send it back
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Looks like a straight up TSA award...
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]

No. It’s not wrong. That feels like a slap in the face rather than an appreciation gift.

A paid day off - even a half day - is appreciation. Not a random 10 minute break when who knows how long it takes to even get to your break location etc.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, 2 pages of people thinking it's you.  You have responded but you haven't let them know it isn't, or you also posted it on reddit yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/1052w37/i_left_my_job_shortly_after_receiving_this_prize/
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP, 2 pages of people thinking it's you.  You have responded but you haven't let them know it isn't, or you also posted it on reddit yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/1052w37/i_left_my_job_shortly_after_receiving_this_prize/
View Quote

I thought it is it obviously not me so no need, seems like a f'd up situation though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNzXze5Yza8

Fwiw I work 40hours a week and management knows they can not call me in. Period. I'll stay late if it's needed to make sure a patient is safe but that's about it. I just like the message of that video
View Quote

That commercial is good but we do take off the entire damn month of December in this country so…
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought it is it obviously not me so no need, seems like a f'd up situation though.
View Quote
The thing about reddit is that some of it is true I am sure, but then people also make up a bunch of shit for upvotes because they have nothing better to do.  So since it isn't you, the accountability source for "It's true" or "I got bored at work and have a printer so let's pass some time on reddit for the lulz", is now "the internet".
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Username and fingernails check out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone is dumb enough to give one of our autistic IT guys something like this note, we’d be on CNN. He’d murder us all.??
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What a joke
View Quote

This. Time to look for a new job.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I always add extra time to my breaks and in-between breaks, sometimes 10 minutes sometimes 40 minutes depending on the length it takes for a particular CNC program to run.

For example, lunch is at 12:00p, if I haven't had the CNC set up for a run by 11:59a, drop what I'm doing and it sits. Doesn't matter if it's a 30 minute program. If I can get it set-up before, and runs during lunch and switches axes during lunch, I'll spend a minute to make sure it doesn't fuck up. If it does I'll terminate the program and deal with it after lunch.

I do stuff like reviewing blueprints/DXFs and programming for new parts but for the most part no-one asks or hassles me to operate other machines in the downtime. If they do I'll remind them that I'm their only programmer for these types of machnines, they'd be hard pressed to find someone who specializes in these machines in the area
View Quote

Well, that's a shitty attitude. My employer would tell you goodbye, we will go outside the area for a replacement.

Also extremely short sighted of the employer to not have more than one person to do a job. Nobody in production where I work can only do one thing. Everyone can do almost anything there with various degrees of perfection.

I like the people I work with so I try to do what I can to keep them happy and productive. I only keep 2/3 of the facilities production lines running and design their equipment and make their equipment and repair their equipment and maintain the documentation, and, and, and, and...you get the picture.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Lol. I remember when they tried giving out challenge coins and were finding them flattened out in the tracks or made into ninja stars.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m about to get a plastic “20” for working 20 years at the same factory.

Probably throw it away the same day.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Literal LOL.

I can't imagine working somewhere that would even be able to track or enforce my awarded 10 minute break.

Imagine the hours of paperwork and bullshit those little awards generate.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#25]
It looks like you're in a cubicle, so I'm going to ass-U-me that you're not an hourly employee of the "Detoilet Three" (GM, Ford, and Stellantis).

The Detoilet companies pull similarly-insulting crap on special occasions, such as an extra 15 minutes of lunch (on top of the usual 30 minutes) for Christmas, or an annual, 5 minute line break to "remember the workers killed on the job".

For the daily humiliation regimen, there is a "Zero Tolerance" policy for being even 30 seconds late or leaving early, and the need to ask for permission (to get job coverage) to use the restroom. Management is allowed to slow-walk your bathroom request by up to 30 minutes, from the time you made your request, before you can do what Nature compells of you without repercussions.

It takes 20 years (!) of employment to get 4 weeks of vacation time, and the more recently hired folks receive no benefits or paid time off, even after years of employment.

In addition to all of that stuff, a normal work day is 11 hours long, with the possibility of a mandatory weekend announcement being made on that week's Thursday.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Insulting.

plus you have to give 24 hours notice for a 10 minute break? Does anyone ever take a shit while at work?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One year at a former job we all got a small plastic tealight holder (about 2 inches in diameter and an inch high)  with the name of the company printed on it as the Christmas gift.

100 of them probably cost 5 bucks ordered from China, even with the printing on it.

Some colleagues and I were commenting on how cheap it was and I stepped on mine (intentionally) and crunched it to pieces  and the boss saw it.

I got a "not a team player " talk after the holidays were over.

Small BS crap like the OP and my candle holder are far worse than nothing at all. It shows contempt and disregard for the employees.
View Quote

I don't think we are getting any sort of holiday bonus this year. We got cards thanking us, and a line stating, "We are working on a tangible gift as well as this card."

Got those yesterday, and he apologized for being late getting them to us. It's a fucking card.

Last few years have just been cash bonuses.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That commercial is good but we do take off the entire damn month of December in this country so…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fwiw I work 40hours a week and management knows they can not call me in. Period. I'll stay late if it's needed to make sure a patient is safe but that's about it. I just like the message of that video

Who is we?

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#29]
That looks the idea of someone who would be offended by a gingerbread man.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#30]
When I worked in the Harley shop, one year our bonus was trinkets from the dealer show that other dealers put out. Pens, keychains, etc.

Literally half the guys in the shop called the shops on their 'bonuses' and got new jobs and left.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it obviously not you?

You should be docked one 10 minute break for being disingenuous.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lol. I remember when they tried giving out challenge coins and were finding them flattened out in the tracks or made into ninja stars.
View Quote

They are still giving them out, aren’t they?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I am glad to work somewhere where my bosses don't care where I am, what I'm doing, or where I'm doing it from as long as my work is getting done and I'm available by phone...
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I’m about to get a plastic “20” for working 20 years at the same factory.

Probably throw it away the same day.
View Quote

I choose this for my 25 year service award a few years ago.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am glad to work somewhere where my bosses don't care where I am, what I'm doing, or where I'm doing it from as long as my work is getting done and I'm available by phone...
View Quote

Me too, which is why I’m in PR, but I understand that not all jobs can be done remotely. That’s why I hope Americans value their labor more and set firmer boundaries etc. Wanting better treatment doesn’t make one a commie.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, that's a shitty attitude. My employer would tell you goodbye, we will go outside the area for a replacement.

Also extremely short sighted of the employer to not have more than one person to do a job. Nobody in production where I work can only do one thing. Everyone can do almost anything there with various degrees of perfection.

I like the people I work with so I try to do what I can to keep them happy and productive. I only keep 2/3 of the facilities production lines running and design their equipment and make their equipment and repair their equipment and maintain the documentation, and, and, and, and...you get the picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always add extra time to my breaks and in-between breaks, sometimes 10 minutes sometimes 40 minutes depending on the length it takes for a particular CNC program to run.

For example, lunch is at 12:00p, if I haven't had the CNC set up for a run by 11:59a, drop what I'm doing and it sits. Doesn't matter if it's a 30 minute program. If I can get it set-up before, and runs during lunch and switches axes during lunch, I'll spend a minute to make sure it doesn't fuck up. If it does I'll terminate the program and deal with it after lunch.

I do stuff like reviewing blueprints/DXFs and programming for new parts but for the most part no-one asks or hassles me to operate other machines in the downtime. If they do I'll remind them that I'm their only programmer for these types of machnines, they'd be hard pressed to find someone who specializes in these machines in the area

My employer wasn't able to easily find a replacement. No one can easily replace me. Even when I left them for 5 months they begged me to come back and program the CNCs for an hour at a time, and eventually came back for a good pay raise for full time.

They begged me to come back. No one can do my job because I'm surrounded by morons.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Your fingernails say you should see a doc or you work too hard to put up with that kind of bullshit.

Maybe something else, but dam son.

ETA: looking closer, is that paint? Definitely see a doc
View Quote

Maybe the 10 minutes is to paint his nails?..cuzz. I see painted nails.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Serious question, why don’t Americans value their labor as much as Europeans? I work remotely for a company based in EU. European work life balance is all I’ve ever known. Why don’t Americans want the same level of working hours/PTO/maternity and paternity leave etc? We love to bag on China for being a big sweatshop but it seems we’re really behind compared to our actual first world peers. It just seems insane to me that even a McDonald’s fry cook in my company country gets 4 weeks PTO whereas some Americans have to work years to attain that.
View Quote

France has 56% GPD per capita compared to us.  If you want to earn less just work less.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whose we? I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas, new years eve, etc
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Id write LOL on that and epoxy it to your douchbag managers desk.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't seen any in a couple years.

The problem was some people got them for doing something worthwhile, and then some managment came down with a bag of them and left them on the table and said "help yourselves."

One shit manager tried to give one to a guy for a broken wheel, everyone knowing full well what the reward is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Go take a 2 hour shit
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#43]
It would be wrong for the giver to expect more than a casual "thanks" from the recipient. A grunt might actually be enough acknowledment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd throw that straight in the trash and spend an extra 10 minutes taking a shit each and every day.
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#45]
This act of non aggression will not stand. Take a dump on the bosses desk and then wipe your ass with it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Per OSHA bathroom breaks don't have to be paid if they are excessive/over 20min...
View Quote

WTF would take so long. I imagine the ADA might factor in if you truly need that much toilet time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Whose we? I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas, new years eve, etc
View Quote

Just like some Europeans work those days too.  I just think it’s hilarious how we make fun of long euro holidays when WE as a country are becoming just as allergic to work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like most of you have a case of The Saturdays!

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#49]
You chew your nails AND paint them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I walked into our headquarters office one day and my supervisor handed me a cartoonish certificate that said I was awarded “one atta boy for a job well done”. I just rolled my eyes. He thought I should be pleased for being recognized for the work I had done
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top