BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they should be left alone, if nothing other than
perhaps a handful of places that haven't been infected by liberalism (all kinds). You can call them an ant farm, I think it is a trivial cost to have some more bio and cultural diversity, the good kind, whatever people want to call it. God forbid there isn't one speck of dirt that hasn't discovered the modern concept of human rights

I also think people should keep their own languages
and not speak English

Insane, I know
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, they've had just as much opportunity to develop manned spaceflight as the rest of us!

Fuck 'em!!!

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll bet they know the sun and moon are two different things, unlike certain members of "modern society".
View Quote

Well obviously, the sun is the crab god, and the moon is his wife.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But…we are intervening by keeping everyone away. We intentionally keep them as some sort of anthropology project.

ETA: and really it’s not very remote at all which makes it all the more strange that it has remained this way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We “the modern world” have given all you have listed to numerous peoples and unfortunately with all of that they still behave worse then these tribesman on a remote fucking island. So no, we don’t need to intervene.

But…we are intervening by keeping everyone away. We intentionally keep them as some sort of anthropology project.

ETA: and really it’s not very remote at all which makes it all the more strange that it has remained this way.

I am uninformed.
How are ‘we’ intentionally keeping people away?
By we I guess mean whatever ‘we’ the OP is referring to.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am posing a philosophical question.

We don’t know how they would actually react if people weren’t actively kept away. The choice is being made for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They want to be left alone. What's your issue with leaving them alone ?

I am posing a philosophical question.

We don’t know how they would actually react if people weren’t actively kept away. The choice is being made for them.

The words used and tenor of your question did not sound like a philosophical question.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ah, but that’s not correct. They have formed relationships with anthropologist who would bring them coconuts and other food.

They have killed I think two people decades ago, shot another in the leg. The may have killed others but that is the ones that got them their reputation.

ETA: and apparently a missionary? I don’t know that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are keeping themselves in the stone age by killing anyone who lands on the island.

We are not doing it.

Ah, but that’s not correct. They have formed relationships with anthropologist who would bring them coconuts and other food.

They have killed I think two people decades ago, shot another in the leg. The may have killed others but that is the ones that got them their reputation.

ETA: and apparently a missionary? I don’t know that one.

2018 isnt decades ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet they know the sun and moon are two different things, unlike certain members of "modern society".

Moon is woman, wife of sun.

It is known.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

2018 isnt decades ago.
View Quote

Yes throughout the thread we have established the 2018 incident. I believe that brings the death toll to 4 with at least 3-4 times that number being on the island and not being killed. Hell there were 8 or 9 I think it was said that went to retireve the idiots body. They shouldnt have even tried to get it back.

And yes, it is a philosophical question but also a comprehension question. The question was never actually should they be left alone. It was always should India, or any entity unknown to islanders, be the one to decide who comes or goes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#10]
just saying hello to them could expose them to "typhoid mary" levels of disease.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why should they have the whole island to themselves? Other people should be free to go there. Inclusion and all that shit.
View Quote

Right? I wonder what their transgender policies look like? We should send them a trillion dollars to rebuild their society.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I mean I get it, they pretty much try to kill anyone that comes near but there hasn’t been any concerted effort to let them know about science and technology.

Is it kind of fucked up that we don’t work to give them the information and let them decide if they want to remain primitive?

Basically, we almost treat them like an ant farm. Or some sort of aquarium with a pet project inside.

By we I just mean the modern world. Medicine, technology, hell even mosquito nets.

I am not sure we are under any sort of obligation. But on the other hand contact is intentionally kept away stopping what would have been a natural introduction to the modern world.

ETA: in this thread we learn that even ARFcom can’t get past an initial knee jerk reaction to understand this isn’t a discussion about leaving these people alone. It’s a discussion on a government they know nothing about intentionally keeping them as a pet project.
View Quote

They want to be left alone. Fuck off and leave them alone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

bingo.

there is a book by T.N Pandit-- almost impossible to get a copy of.

supposedly they were not there for 60k+ years.. they may have been there since the mid 16 to mid 1700's..

I will assume that the British put them there for nefarious purposes.. (::COUGH:: HUNTING ::COUGH::)

Marco polo never wrote about them either, he wrote about tribesman from the Andaman Island's like the Jarawa etc..

Here's a link to the book, if anyone can get a copy let me know.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Sentinelese.html?id=5W1DAAAAYAAJ

The Sentinelese are not doing well from what I've been reading over the past few years.. very strange island.
View Quote

See, this is the kind of info you come to GD for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They have already tried all that modern culture shit 120 years ago.

This guy was mostly worried about their dicks
View Quote

"This guy" seems gay as cum on a mustache...
From the article:
"Portman continued to take photographs of the Andamanese in Port Blair until the end of his stay in the island, documenting information about their anthropological details, showing a marked interest in measuring the penises of the Andamanese.[6][7] A significant portion of his photography involved posing the Andamanese in mock-Greek homoerotic compositions. Portman repeatedly praised the male Andamanese body, writing that "many of the men are very good-looking; as they have none of the thick lips, high cheekbones, and flat noses of the negro type;"

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Drop two cases of canned chili - one with beans and one without. Settle the fucking debate once and for all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

"This guy" seems gay as cum on a mustache...
From the article:
"Portman continued to take photographs of the Andamanese in Port Blair until the end of his stay in the island, documenting information about their anthropological details, showing a marked interest in measuring the penises of the Andamanese.[6][7] A significant portion of his photography involved posing the Andamanese in mock-Greek homoerotic compositions. Portman repeatedly praised the male Andamanese body, writing that "many of the men are very good-looking; as they have none of the thick lips, high cheekbones, and flat noses of the negro type;"

View Quote

Gay & Racist!
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#19]
nevermind the feds apparently slam this to the bottom whenever I bring it up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#20]
blah
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top