Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For towing what, a single ATV?  It's not enough for any serious towing, regardless of the overrated capacity that they claim.
View Quote
Having towed with that engine before it will pull what they say. You are going to hear it rev but it is not a bad sound. It has 285hp. Are you going to yank 7000lbs up to Eisenhower tunnel at 70mph in top gear? Probably not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Pointless,  it should be two door,  15 ft bed, V12 diesel,  no more than 5 feet long for breakover angle, tow 25k lbs, cost under $10k,  and only men should be allowed in them!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pointless,  it should be two door,  15 ft bed, V12 diesel,  no more than 5 feet long for breakover angle, tow 25k lbs, cost under $10k,  and only men should be allowed in them!
View Quote
What about the vinyl floor mats and roll up windows? You some kind of soccer mom metro homo?

Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Lets just bring the facts.  The Jeep Gladiator starts base price of 33.5k.  The S model is 36k.  The prices being quoted here have leather, hard top, back up camera's,
and sure the price can hit the mid 50's.  If you keep the options realistic a Rubicon can be built for under 50k.

Until trucks are actually delivered, no one knows what the dealer will do either above or below sticker price.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw another one today by the Fiat tech center. I don’t know why anyone would hate these, they’re freaking beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two door version please
What the fuck, from reading GD I thought regular cab trucks were worthless?
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I prefer my Tundra crew max..It works..
View Quote
Open the moon roof, pop all windows down, including the full vertical rear power window....It almost feels like a jeep...but roomier.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What exactly is "serious towing"? If you're buying it to use it, the intended purpose matters more than some vague notion of "serious towing."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For towing what, a single ATV?  It's not enough for any serious towing, regardless of the overrated capacity that they claim.
What exactly is "serious towing"? If you're buying it to use it, the intended purpose matters more than some vague notion of "serious towing."
My last post was pretty specific about what I tow, and what I expect from that class of vehicle.  But it's really not Jeep's fault if there is no V8 option.  It's Obama's fault, since his administration tightened up the CAFE standards so much.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Seeing quite a few on the roads around here, I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My last post was pretty specific about what I tow, and what I expect from that class of vehicle.  But it's really not Jeep's fault if there is no V8 option.  It's Obama's fault, since his administration tightened up the CAFE standards so much.
View Quote
It's still a mid sized truck. Putting a v8 in it (Which I personally think would be cool as hell) isn't going to make it magically tow any better. You are also running into some serious size and weight issues compared to half tons and greater. Mid sized trucks are hell trying to tow at their current limits and it's pretty much suicide to try and go higher even if you had an engine that could pull it slightly better.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Having towed with that engine before it will pull what they say. You are going to hear it rev but it is not a bad sound. It has 285hp. Are you going to yank 7000lbs up to Eisenhower tunnel at 70mph in top gear? Probably not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

285 horse pales in comparison to the half-ton pickup offerings.  But what really matters for towing is torque, and the Pentastar doesn't have nearly enough to comfortably tow the things I listed.  I'm not talking about towing a few miles; I'm talking about towing snowmobiles hundreds of miles to get to the mountains.  The Pentastar is around 270 ft lbs, and the half-ton pickups all offer an option of around 400-450 ft lbs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two door version please
View Quote
This.

2 door with a little bit of storage behind the seats and a 6' bed.

They won't though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
285 horse pales in comparison to the half-ton pickup offerings.  But what really matters for towing is torque, and the Pentastar doesn't have nearly enough to comfortably tow the things I listed.  I'm not talking about towing a few miles; I'm talking about towing snowmobiles hundreds of miles to get to the mountains.  The Pentastar is around 270 ft lbs, and the half-ton pickups all offer an option of around 400-450 ft lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

285 is a hell of a lot more than we used to have and somehow managed just fine, and if it's torque you want, get the diesel.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I like them but two things..

1) breakover angle. It's poor.

2) price
View Quote
Only so much you can do with a 4 door truck. The approach and departure were at least thought through quite a bit, according to motor trend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you tow isn't the measurement that determines what  most people expect out of a class of vehicle. You keep comparing it to 1500's, and that isn't what class of vehicle this is. It's a midsize. If you want full size towing, buy a full sized truck. People buy midsized truck because they don't need the capability of a full-size and don't want the bulk of a full size.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That looks long.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's still a mid sized truck. Putting a v8 in it (Which I personally think would be cool as hell) isn't going to make it magically tow any better. You are also running into some serious size and weight issues compared to half tons and greater. Mid sized trucks are hell trying to tow at their current limits and it's pretty much suicide to try and go higher even if you had an engine that could pull it slightly better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It weighs as much as an aluminum F150! And it takes nearly 10 seconds to go 0-60.....because it's underpowered with the V6.

Also, 400-450 foot pounds is not "slightly better" than 270.  It's an enormous difference.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sheese. obama?

when he was elected, many folks said he would ban all kinds of things in cars. all you'd be able to purchase would be electric smart cars. didnt happen.

you can get a jeep trackhawk with 700+ hp v8. the hp you can get in cars now is flat out crazy.

for the life of me though, i cant figure out why jeep wranglers and gladiators dont have a v8 option. they scream for one. the reason you cant get a v8 in a jeep wrangler/gladiator is because fiat/chrysler wont offer it. i doubt it has anything to do with the government.

if i had the money, i'd buy a new wrangler, swap in dana 60 axles with manual locking hubs, appropriate wheels and tires, a atlas transfer case and a gm crate legally smoged motor. id rather have the gm motor (corvette/camaro NA version) than the chrysler hemi.

there's a company in vegas that does gm v8 swaps. one of their employees is an ex EPA guy with lots of years experience in EPA legal conversions. check out ls jk motech.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's six inches or so longer than a Tacoma and Colorado.
View Quote
glad i have an extended garage.  i'll seriously look at that in a few years when my lease is up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They had this one at the Easter Jeep Safari last week.  Rep said they are still doing market research about putting it into production.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260051/B115A829-0D13-49DE-A108-9158583E52FE-923730.jpg
View Quote
That is nice.  The regular cab truck conversions are often pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It weighs as much as an aluminum F150! And it takes nearly 10 seconds to go 0-60.....because it's underpowered with the V6.

Also, 400-450 foot pounds is not "slightly better" than 270.  It's an enormous difference.
View Quote
F150 in it's most common configurations still weighs a few hundred pounds more. 0-60 is in the mid 7 second range, which is must faster than the 10 you are quoting. F150s are in the high 5s to low 6s. It can tow 7,650LBs technically, but as I said it's going pretty damn uncomfortable to do so and that's not going to be because of the engine. Giving it a v8 will not magically make it tow that 7,650 load any better I can pretty much damn near guarantee that. Ask all the guys who supercharged their v6 Colorados how much better it does at towing. Ask the guys with the diesel and it's 370 foot pounds of torque how well it tows at the limit. They all end up saying the damn same thing: They would have rather done so in a half ton or higher and not one of them ever fault the engine for it.

The Gladiator is not a half ton. It was never going to be a half ton. It will never behave like a half ton no matter what engine you put it in. The only advantage a v8 would have in the Gladiator is cool noises and the ability to go slightly faster. That's it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

sheese. obama?

when he was elected, many folks said he would ban all kinds of things in cars. all you'd be able to purchase would be electric smart cars. didnt happen.

you can get a jeep trackhawk with 700+ hp v8. the hp you can get in cars now is flat out crazy.

for the life of me though, i cant figure out why jeep wranglers and gladiators dont have a v8 option. they scream for one. the reason you cant get a v8 in a jeep wrangler/gladiator is because fiat/chrysler wont offer it. i doubt it has anything to do with the government.

if i had the money, i'd buy a new wrangler, swap in dana 60 axles with manual locking hubs, appropriate wheels and tires, a atlas transfer case and a gm crate legally smoged motor. id rather have the gm motor (corvette/camaro NA version) than the chrysler hemi.

there's a company in vegas that does gm v8 swaps. one of their employees is an ex EPA guy with lots of years experience in EPA legal conversions. check out ls jk motech.
View Quote
My understanding is that the JK and JL would not pass crash testing with the longer V8 motors. And redesigning for a significantly longer hood really isn't an option for Jeep. I mean, messing with the length of the nose is nearly the same as getting rid of the iconic seven slot grille.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My understanding is that the JK and JL would not pass crash testing with the longer V8 motors. And redesigning for a significantly longer hood really isn't an option for Jeep. I mean, messing with the length of the nose is nearly the same as getting rid of the iconic seven slot grille.
View Quote
You would think with their tendency to throw Hellcat motors in anything with wheels that if they could have they would have. I think there are very few people out there who would hate the idea of a Hellcat Rubicon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a 2018 rubicon recon two door. But the last body style JK model. You have to really want a Jeep with all the added Jeep character to drive one. You simply just don’t get the value and fit and finish you get in comparable domestic truck or Toyota’s. I love mine. Bought as an extra car and now daily drive it. But it creaks and squeaks and is slow as hell and has bad brakes. Just generally worse fit and finish than I’m used to in previous cars. But it’s built for off-road and it does that well. I know the JL improves on some of this but with an added price.

I personally expect a car that stickers in the 40-50k range to have things like leather and power windows and seats and a radio that is worth more than 100 bucks. But some people don’t and could be ok with the base model.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You would think with their tendency to throw Hellcat motors in anything with wheels that if they could have they would have. I think there are very few people out there who would hate the idea of a Hellcat Rubicon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed. I've been expecting to see at least a one-off Hemi Jeep from them since I saw the Trackhawk.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

sheese. obama?

View Quote
CAFE is Corporate Average Fuel Economy.  You can make some gas guzzlers if you offset with some economy cars.  But the current standards (and upcoming tighter standards) are a bit more complicated, because it takes the size of vehicles into account.  It's still an average.  It gets much tougher by 2025, but even if we could rescind the Obama standards, they are already designing to meet the tougher standards.  And yes, current and future 2025 standards are entirely from the Obama administration.  Enjoy the horsepower wars while they last.

There is a lot you don't understand about this.  Jeep sells over 300,000 Wranglers every year.  They will probably sell a couple thousand Trackhawks per year.  It's corporate AVERAGE fuel economy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
sheese. obama?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sheese. obama?

Crash testing is the biggest impediment to putting a V8 in a Wrangler. That's why they haven't thrown a Hellcat engine into one like they do with everything else.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

F150 in it's most common configurations still weighs a few hundred pounds more. 0-60 is in the mid 7 second range, which is must faster than the 10 you are quoting. F150s are in the high 5s to low 6s. It can tow 7,650LBs technically, but as I said it's going pretty damn uncomfortable to do so and that's not going to be because of the engine. Giving it a v8 will not magically make it tow that 7,650 load any better I can pretty much damn near guarantee that. Ask all the guys who supercharged their v6 Colorados how much better it does at towing. Ask the guys with the diesel and it's 370 foot pounds of torque how well it tows at the limit. They all end up saying the damn same thing: They would have rather done so in a half ton or higher and not one of them ever fault the engine for it.

The Gladiator is not a half ton. It was never going to be a half ton. It will never behave like a half ton no matter what engine you put it in. The only advantage a v8 would have in the Gladiator is cool noises and the ability to go slightly faster. That's it.
View Quote
Not going to argue about 0-60 or 1/4 mile until I see one run.  But I've seen Jeep JK and JL run at the strip, and they are sloooooow.

An F150 crew with 5.5 box is 4,900 pounds.  A Gladiator 4-door is listed at 4812.  Less than 100 pounds difference, with a very similar wheelbase 137" versus 141").  So they should tow nearly the same, if given enough torque.  The Pentastar doesn't have it.  The diesel might be better, but the price will probably be even more ridiculous.

Again the difference between a Pentastar and one of the half-ton V8s or 3.5EB is not "slight".  It's a huge difference, but apparently you have never driven any of them, or you would know that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not going to argue about 0-60 or 1/4 mile until I see one run.  But I've seen Jeep JK and JL run at the strip, and they are sloooooow.

An F150 crew with 5.5 box is 4,900 pounds.  A Gladiator 4-door is listed at 4812.  Less than 100 pounds difference, with a very similar wheelbase 137" versus 141").  So they should tow nearly the same, if given enough torque.  The Pentastar doesn't have it.  The diesel might be better, but the price will probably be even more ridiculous.

Again the difference between a Pentastar and one of the half-ton V8s or 3.5EB is not "slight".  It's a huge difference, but apparently you have never driven any of them, or you would know that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe FCA should come out with a half ton. That would be some real outside of the box thinking. Hell, they could even put a V8 in it!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.

Why don't you complain in Mustang threads that their v8 doesn't come with a hitch?
F150 threads because they don't come with the 6.7?
Why not complain that other midsized trucks don't come with a 5th wheel hitch as an option from the factory?

The difference is slight when it comes to towing capacity in a mid sized truck. The v8 isn't going to make it magically tow any better thanks to all the other limitations of a mid sized truck. It will only make it go slightly faster and sound cooler. Every other midsized truck is right around that towing capacity, and honestly having towed near that limit in a mid sized truck I wouldn't imagine trying to do more. Tell me, what are your towing experiences in a mid sized truck since you want to try and pull the experience card?

It's not just the engine, although the half tons certainly do have more speed to them. The suspension, the length, the width, the weight all make a difference. The same damn trailer mounted to my old Colorado was way easier to tow on a 2500 because the 2500 was in way more control. Not once did I think it needed more engine, but I sure as hell wish it didn't sway every which way if the wind looked at me wrong. Not once did I think it needed the 6.6 duramax to get up the hill, but I sure as hell hated that the trailer felt like it was pushing me down the other side. And yes, before you try to go all "AHA!" on me, I'm only using a 2500 as an example as those are the only two trucks I've directly towed the same load between. I've towed my fair share in a F150 as well and it was a damn better time than the mid sized as well.

Countless people before you have tried asking too much out of midsized trucks, and they all come to the same conclusion. You may think you are smarter than all of those that came before you but you will end up as just another example of a person who should have just bought a half ton to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol.

The difference is slight when it comes to towing capacity in a mid sized truck. The v8 isn't going to make it magically tow any better thanks to all the other limitations of a mid sized truck. It will only make it go slightly faster and sound cooler. Every other midsized truck is right around that towing capacity, and honestly having towed near that limit in a mid sized truck I wouldn't imagine trying to do more. Tell me, what are your towing experiences in a mid sized truck since you want to try and pull the experience card?
View Quote
An F150 crew with 5.5 box is 4,900 pounds. A Gladiator 4-door is listed at 4812.
F150 SC: 141" wheelbase
Gladiator 4-door: 136" wheelbase

If a Gladiator is mid-size, then so is an F150.  They are nearly identical in size, but the Gladiator has far less power.  That's my whole point.  It shouldn't be so difficult for you to understand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I want this one more.

Link Posted: 4/25/2019 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

An F150 crew with 5.5 box is 4,900 pounds. A Gladiator 4-door is listed at 4812.
F150 SC: 141" wheelbase
Gladiator 4-door: 136" wheelbase

If a Gladiator is mid-size, then so is an F150.  They are nearly identical in size, but the Gladiator has far less power.  That's my whole point.  It shouldn't be so difficult for you to understand.
View Quote
The Gladiator is classified by the manufacturer as a midsized. The F150 is not. The F150 in that configuration is actually 146" and a bit over 5k when you add the trailer towing packages and all the other fluff that comes on them standard. That's almost a foot longer and still heavier. It still is smaller than a f150 in every dimension, although arguably bigger than the other mid sized. It would also explain why it can have similar payload and towing as the Colorado while having a much less torquier engine as the chassis is a bit bigger to handle it.

It's not just power that makes a truck able to tow things, why can't you understand that? Why does the Raptor, that has the most powerful engine in the f150, have the least amount of towing rating? Is it because maybe, just maybe, a giant fuck off engine isn't the end all to towing? Putting in a v8 into the Gladiator won't magically make it a f150. People have tried to do so in mid sized trucks, most of them have failed, and even some of them have met very bad ends trying to prove people like me wrong. I certainly hope you don't end up as one of the latter trying to do similar.

You don't buy a midsized for towing big loads. A v8 in it will never change that. This is not something that you should try to be arguing as the principle of it all is just insane. I've towed with midsized trucks before, and I will likely do so again. If I had the preference I would take the bigger truck every chance I can get, but thankfully (I guess?) my needs for towing are rather low where a midsized truck is completely fine most of the time and the overall size for them generally fits in better for what I would normally use it for.

I have no issue with people wanting a v8 in this truck just because they want one, but when they have some illusions of grandeur that it will somehow make it a damn half ton and they end up killing themselves and possibly others because of their stubbornness? It's just such a damn waste all around.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Gladiator is classified by the manufacturer as a midsized. The F150 is not. The F150 in that configuration is actually 146" and a bit over 5k when you add the trailer towing packages and all the other fluff that comes on them standard. That's almost a foot longer and still heavier. It still is smaller than a f150 in every dimension, although arguably bigger than the other mid sized. It would also explain why it can have similar payload and towing as the Colorado while having a much less torquier engine as the chassis is a bit bigger to handle it.
View Quote
Ford's own website lists a Supercrew 4x4 with 5L at 4,867 pounds and 4,917 pounds with 3.5EB.  The Jeep has 5 foot box, the F150 a 5.5 foot box.  The F150 is within a hundred pounds of the Jeep truck, so regardless of how anyone classifies the Jeep truck, it's the same fucking size as an F150 with around 30% less torque and over 100 less horsepower.  That's unacceptable to some buyers.

I hope you copy this to Ford, and let them know that their F150 is now a mid-size.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ford's own website lists a Supercrew 4x4 with 5L at 4,867 pounds and 4,917 pounds with 3.5EB.  The Jeep has 5 foot box, the F150 a 5.5 foot box.  The F150 is within a hundred pounds of the Jeep truck, so regardless of how anyone classifies the Jeep truck, it's the same fucking size as an F150 with around 30% less torque and over 100 less horsepower.  That's unacceptable to some buyers.

I hope you copy this to Ford, and let them know that their F150 is now a mid-size.  
View Quote
It's unacceptable to a guy who comes into every truck thread giving off some bullshit excuse why he wouldn't buy that specific one. So basically no one of any real worth to manufacturers. Same fucking size doesn't mean nearly a foot shorter, half a foot narrower, and a hundred pounds (and likely more when you consider those numbers are base and don't involve any features like the max tow package) less.

Ford already has a midsized, it's called the Ranger. It's priced and sized in the same segment as the Gladiator. It also tows just as much, and has very similar horsepower ratings. Funny how that works.

How about you forward your notes to Jeep about their supposed half ton truck? Why don't you ask Ford why the Ranger doesn't have a v8 and can tow 10k while you are at it too? It's "the same fucking size" as an F150 to you anyways.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Absolutely love everything about it aside from the gaudy RUBICON letters on it
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Absolutely love everything about it aside from the gaudy RUBICON letters on it
View Quote
They are stickers and you can always remove them. Jeep has always been a bit loud with their decorations.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They had this one at the Easter Jeep Safari last week.  Rep said they are still doing market research about putting it into production.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260051/B115A829-0D13-49DE-A108-9158583E52FE-923730.jpg
View Quote
I'd bet my left but these would sell ..Not sure why they don't make them
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Hummer did it 10 years ago with a V8...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A Land Cruiser can be had for $85k off the lot.

I like the JK and the new Gladiator.  I would like them A LOT if they had a 6.2 or 6.4 HEMI from the factory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think you know what a luxury suv runs these days.  A Mercedes is 80k+
Chevy , Ford all run over $60,000 also some are closer to $70,000
A Land Cruiser can be had for $85k off the lot.

I like the JK and the new Gladiator.  I would like them A LOT if they had a 6.2 or 6.4 HEMI from the factory.
I think you mean the 5.7 Hemi, but I agree with you

Supposedly they won't due to crash testing reasons. I think it would push the engine into the passenger cabin?
Something like that?

But Damn, if they put a Hemi in there, I'd be looking at it real hard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's unacceptable to a guy who comes into every truck thread giving off some bullshit excuse why he wouldn't buy that specific one. So basically no one of any real worth to manufacturers. Same fucking size doesn't mean nearly a foot shorter, half a foot narrower, and a hundred pounds (and likely more when you consider those numbers are base and don't involve any features like the max tow package) less.

Ford already has a midsized, it's called the Ranger. It's priced and sized in the same segment as the Gladiator. It also tows just as much, and has very similar horsepower ratings. Funny how that works.

How about you forward your notes to Jeep about their supposed half ton truck? Why don't you ask Ford why the Ranger doesn't have a v8 and can tow 10k while you are at it too? It's "the same fucking size" as an F150 to you anyways.
View Quote
I currently own trucks from Ford, Chevy, and I have a Wrangler, and I'm pretty sure they all appreciate my business (bought all of them new). I certainly don't go into every truck thread to say I wouldn't buy it.  And if they had dropped a 400-horse V8 in the Gladiator, I probably would have bought one.  With that V6, not a fucking chance. So literally everything you say is wrong....again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I paid 38,000 bucks for a 2018 XL F-150 FWD and thought it was an outrageous price.

I know, go be poor somewhere else...
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I currently own trucks from Ford, Chevy, and I have a Wrangler, and I'm pretty sure they all appreciate my business (bought all of them new). I certainly don't go into every truck thread to say I wouldn't buy it.  So literally everything you say is wrong....again.
View Quote
You are the one trying to argue that midsized truck should have the capabilities of a half ton. No amount of laughing emoticons will ever make that argument of yours any more convincing. "Literally everything" and yet you can only cherry pick what I say to try and prove your point (and fail miserably at, mind you). Just like "the same fucking size" and what you really mean is smaller in every damn way.

But go on, keep on trying to justify to us (and Jeep) that their midsized truck is a half ton because of your feels and that you would totally buy one if it met your very specific needs that it was never designed for or marketed to to begin with.

Had you just stopped at "I wish it had a v8" like the others I would have been in full agreement with, as that sounds pretty damn cool, but you just had to go the extra step and cry that you needed it because you can't tow 10k pounds with it for reasons no one besides you would ever wish for

It's a mid sized truck. It will always be a midsized truck. It's targeted against midsized trucks, and it seems to be pretty damn capable when you compare it to it's intended competition. It's not a F150, much like the Ranger is not a F150. If you absolutely need to tow more than the 7,600 lbs that it can already do (And I still hold to my point that even that number is a bit high for mid sized trucks) it's not the truck for you, nor did Jeep ever plan for it to be.

Good luck finding a new truck at least, but you won't be finding it here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You are the one trying to argue that midsized truck should have the capabilities of a half ton. No amount of laughing emoticons will ever make that argument of yours any more convincing. "Literally everything" and yet you can only cherry pick what I say to try and prove your point (and fail miserably at, mind you). Just like "the same fucking size" and what you really mean is smaller in every damn way.

But go on, keep on trying to justify to us (and Jeep) that their midsized truck is a half ton because of your feels and that you would totally buy one if it met your very specific needs that it was never designed for or marketed to to begin with.

Had you just stopped at "I wish it had a v8" like the others I would have been in full agreement with, as that sounds pretty damn cool, but you just had to go the extra step and cry that you needed it because you can't tow 10k pounds with it for reasons no one besides you would ever wish for

It's a mid sized truck. It will always be a midsized truck. It's targeted against midsized trucks, and it seems to be pretty damn capable when you compare it to it's intended competition. It's not a F150, much like the Ranger is not a F150. If you absolutely need to tow more than the 7,600 lbs that it can already do (And I still hold to my point that even that number is a bit high for mid sized trucks) it's not the truck for you, nor did Jeep ever plan for it to be.

Good luck finding a new truck at least, but you won't be finding it here.
View Quote
7,600 is the maximum possible load it can safely tow, according to Jeep.  It does not mean it can pull it well.  I wouldn't even want to pull a 5,000 pound trailer with that gutless V6.

You can repeat "it's a mid-size" another 100 times, but that won't change the fact that it's only a few inches shorter than an F150, and less than 100 pounds difference in curb weight.  It could safely tow whatever an F150 can, if given enough torque.  For all practical purposes, they are the same damn size.  But the Jeep truck is gutless, with or without a trailer.  Major fail.  They could at least offer a V8 option, and build the cost of CAFE fines into the price, like they do with all gas guzzlers. Fiat Chrysler paid 77 million in CAFE fines in 2018, so what's a few million more?  They don't really pay it; we do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]
That is wicked.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's under 60
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks nice till you see the price of it.
It's under 60
I'd take that over a Tesla and save some coins
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have a 2018 rubicon recon two door. But the last body style JK model. You have to really want a Jeep with all the added Jeep character to drive one. You simply just don’t get the value and fit and finish you get in comparable domestic truck or Toyota’s. I love mine. Bought as an extra car and now daily drive it. But it creaks and squeaks and is slow as hell and has bad brakes. Just generally worse fit and finish than I’m used to in previous cars. But it’s built for off-road and it does that well. I know the JL improves on some of this but with an added price.

I personally expect a car that stickers in the 40-50k range to have things like leather and power windows and seats and a radio that is worth more than 100 bucks. But some people don’t and could be ok with the base model.
View Quote
I have power everything,  leather, rubicon and mine was 39k
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as wide, not as long, not as tall as an F150. If you want half ton capability, buy a half ton. If what they offer is unacceptable to you, don't accept it. Buy what you really want, a half ton. They're available, I've seen them!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cannot believe the prices new Wranglers are going for these days. Never thought I'd see the day Wranglers were "luxury SUVs" with prices to match but here we are... $50-60K for a Rubicon and even more for a Gladiator.
View Quote
$50-60k is not a luxury SUV
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They are stickers and you can always remove them. Jeep has always been a bit loud with their decorations.
View Quote
De-stickering is the very first thing I do. Now to peel that "Trail Rated" badge...

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top