Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope it’s peaceful. Obviously he had some missteps as President, but it’s undeniable that he was the last democrat president we ever had who actually cared about this country and his fellow Americans. Just look at his post-presidency career to see who he is as a man.

Such a far cry from the current crop of Democrats we’ve had since.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Carter is still alive? You learn something new every day I guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, Bye & Farewell Jimmy!

Having lived through his term, he as Not a "good president" by any stretch, but he did a lot with his life after his term to help his fellow citizens.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:24:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.
View Quote

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

2019 he was injured but I don’t think the press implied it was life threatening
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#7]
It doesn't make sense how a peanut farmer became president.

especially in the shark infested waters that American politics has been the post WW2 era.

nice guys don't run the modern day roman empire
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:31:40 AM EDT
[#8]
He always seemed to me to be one of those pathological compulsive “do-gooders” who are motivated by what they think will cause others to look at them as virtuous, yet whose words and deeds frequently lead to great evil under the guise of doing good.

Always admiring himself in the mirror while patting himself on the back for his supposed-yet-not-at-all-wise-wisdom, like many others of that ilk, he has left a trail of destruction in his wake that can not be offset by any ‘good’ that he may have done along the way.

I will not miss him.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd love to hear your reasoning for why he's worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
View Quote
In my quest for brevity, I simply misspoke. Prior to those worthless assholes, he was. He still rates a nerf casket as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

especially in the shark infested waters that American politics has been the post WW2 era.

View Quote

A lot of America in the 70's was fed up with Politicians after Vietnam, Nixon & Watergate.  People wanted something new & different.  

Sort of the same thing when America was on the rocks in 2008 with the Housing Crisis destroying the economy, Bush Jr. without a clue how to extract us out of either Afghanistan or Iraq and people just pissed at 8 years of Republicans.  Obama sort of came out of nowhere (derailing Hillary from being Madame President LOL!) on the wave of change - Yes We Can for 2008.

Carter was clearly highly intelligent (no one who is an idiot becomes an submariner nuke officer)  But Carter just wasn't up to the various Big issues (Energy Crisis & Costs, Iran, Afghanistan and others).

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:49:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#12]
A decent man....

The last decent democrat.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe that he is a good man, who as president made some bad decisions.  And unlike those that came after him, he loved his country, served with honor and didn't make millions off of his influence.  And he was probably the best ex-president the US has ever had, he gave back when others just lock themselves up in mansions and party with the Hollywood elite.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Americans were pretty confused after the turbulent '60s, Watergate, and the end of the Vietnam War.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#15]
He never met an anti-American dictator he would not fellate.

May his time in Purgatory be short, but may it be spent smoking turds with his buddies Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure that FJB is polishing up his Beau Eulogy already just for the occasion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:33:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hope it’s peaceful. Obviously he had some missteps as President, but it’s undeniable that he was the last democrat president we ever had who actually cared about this country and his fellow Americans. Just look at his post-presidency career to see who he is as a man.

Such a far cry from the current crop of Democrats we’ve had since.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A decent man....

View Quote

No that was Truman
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe that he is a good man, who as president made some bad decisions.  And unlike those that came after him, he loved his country, served with honor and didn't make millions off of his influence.  And he was probably the best ex-president the US has ever had, he gave back when others just lock themselves up in mansions and party with the Hollywood elite.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
View Quote

People who say things like that remember the 18% official inflation rate, and if you were not one of the 8% officially unemployed, you might be able to get a 14% annual rate home mortgage. And this was because the people of this country had malaise and wouldn't work hard enough.

Meanwhile, the Army families for most enlisted were on food stamps, which were accepted at the Commissary as a now "extra benefit" of military service. Iran has a revolution and takes the personnel of the US Embassy hostage. The military mounts a rescue attempt which fails, causing great embarrassment to the US.

The CIA is reformed, to get out of the spy business because we have satellites. Some number of operatives are unmasked and a few of them murdered.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union invades Afghanistan .... and sponsors various "liberation" groups in Central and South America - see previous paragraph. Also, South Korea and Taiwan are told off because their governments are not up to US standards.

And we negotiated giving the Panama Canal to Panama as an apology for our evil deeds of the past.

Quite an impressive four years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#21]
He didn't go from "peanut farmer" to president.

He was a senator in GA then governor first which is the way a lot of things used to go. Just like Bill was governor then president.

And like Bill he "felt your pain" with his wearing a sweater in the white house bullshit.

Another example of you will be highly judged as president by the people you listened to for making decisions.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#22]
If he had of curb stomped Iran instead of bending over and taking it, he might have salvaged something of a reputation. Sure didn't take them long to release them once Reagan was elected.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I will just say RIP if he does
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Go to the light Jimmy!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I think he was a really bad president...really bad.    

Looking back over what we know and see....I think that he is probably a good man, but his compass was really way off on how to steer the USA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If he had of curb stomped Iran instead of bending over and taking it, he might have salvaged something of a reputation. Sure didn't take them long to release them once Reagan was elected.
View Quote
Came to post this.  Iran should have been glassed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol no kidding. I had no idea. I thought he was gone already.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems like a nice person. A horrible POTUS but a nice guy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No that was Truman
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A decent man....

No that was Truman

Absolutely correct. Carter was one the worst presidents in our history. I'll never forgive the sonofabitch for pardoning the cowards who fled to Canada to avoid the draft. Carter did that by executive order the very first day he was in office. Then he gave away the Panama Canal...now operated by Hutchison-Wampoa, a company owned by the Peoples Liberation Army of the Peoples Republic of China.

Several people who worked for him in the White House described him as a "back-stabbing little weasel".

Burn in hell, Jimmy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Looking forward to my extra day off work for the national day of mourning. If we are lucky they can tie it into Labor Day weekend.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#32]
The Jug Eared coc sucker and chyna xiden saved his legacy. He was not even mediocre as POTUS but I’m not wishing any bad stuff on him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I couldn’t agree more. He was also a construct, just like Biden is. Just a good ole Dixiecrat peanut farmer from South Gowga. Ole Joe from Scranton. Same rotten apples.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I was in college when that clown was elected and let me tell you, those four years were hell on the American people, we suffered those four years and four or more years after that.  The Iranian Hostage Crisis was totally avoidable and his rescue attempt was a big black eye for the US and many needless deaths.  That kind peanut farmer persona was a charade, the man was very dumb and naive when it came to foreign policy, surrounded himself with a bunch of idiots.

I feel very sorry for the human being that is dying and wish him Gods peace, but dont feel sorry for the person.

If he would have listened to the outside experts, should have made Iran a parking lot just like the song said.

But he can rest assured, FJB is way worst than he was.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:06:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Personally, I think all the good sentiment is due to the fact that those of us old enough to remember his presidency in detail are also old enough to remember a time when the office of President was respected...even if you disliked the man in charge.

He was a weak and ill-prepared president. His time in the Whitehouse was a political disaster and a dark time for this country. That said, I tend to believe Carter was simply inept, and not a criminal scumbag who was purposefully and systematically destroying America.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't think he was that smart. Guess it on depends on your definiton of smart.
Never figured out that his ideas weren't working worth a shit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

With help from the Iran-Contra deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Won’t laugh. Won’t cry.

Life (for the rest of us) marches on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was NOT a ‘peanut farmer’.  As someone who personally knew him and his family, the persona of hick farmer was carefully crafted.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Jimmy Carter is not a nice guy according to a lot of people who met him at various times. His personae was a fabrication.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

People who say things like that remember the 18% official inflation rate, and if you were not one of the 8% officially unemployed, you might be able to get a 14% annual rate home mortgage. And this was because the people of this country had malaise and wouldn't work hard enough.

Meanwhile, the Army families for most enlisted were on food stamps, which were accepted at the Commissary as a now "extra benefit" of military service. Iran has a revolution and takes the personnel of the US Embassy hostage. The military mounts a rescue attempt which fails, causing great embarrassment to the US.

The CIA is reformed, to get out of the spy business because we have satellites. Some number of operatives are unmasked and a few of them murdered.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union invades Afghanistan .... and sponsors various "liberation" groups in Central and South America - see previous paragraph. Also, South Korea and Taiwan are told off because their governments are not up to US standards.

And we negotiated giving the Panama Canal to Panama as an apology for our evil deeds of the past.

Quite an impressive four years.
View Quote

Don’t forget Africa.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#44]
The press set Nixon up and then put Carter in his place...with his award winning grin...like the Cheshire cat.
Far better than the Bushes-Clinton cabal and the subsequent takeover of America by the Deep State.

Democrat Jimmy Carter, former Governor of Georgia, defeated incumbent Republican president Gerald Ford in a narrow victory. Ford ascended to the presidency when Richard Nixon resigned in 1974 in the wake of the Watergate scandal, which badly damaged the Republican Party and its electoral prospects.
View Quote

The front man that made thing so bad...the Bush family squeezed in under Reagan....which led to the Clintons...and the deep state takeover...

imo

He has always claimed to be a Christian and his life after the presidency seems to bear that out...I hope he is and finds peace and mercy in Jesus Christ...

I hope we all do in the end...

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Too bad my old sparring partner America-First isn’t here to wax poetic about how great a man Jimmah was.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with this.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing wrong with that statement, a lot of truth to it.
At least he can slip his bonds knowing that he has shucked the title of being the worst President in US history.

God Speed Jimmy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jimmy Carter is not a nice guy according to a lot of people who met him at various times. His personae was a fabrication.
View Quote

"After announcing his decision to live out his final days in hospice care at home, Jimmy Carter is being hailed as America's decent, humble president who cared about the so-called little people during his time in office.

And while his philanthropic work after leaving the White House speaks to that image, Secret Service agents who were on the 39th president's detail during his four-year term saw an entirely different man.

He cultivated the image of a jolly populist who grew up on a farm in Georgia, helped run his family's peanut business, and championed the working man.

The presidency 'is a place of compassion,' Carter famously said in accepting his nomination for a second term at the 1980 Democratic National Convention.

'My own heart is burdened for the troubled Americans. The poor and the jobless and the afflicted...' he added.

But behind the scenes, it was a different story."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11807897/Ex-Secret-Service-agents-reveal-Jimmy-Carter-actually-rude-time.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top