BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Term limits are stupid AF, unconservative, and unconstitutional. Tall about a ridiculous demand. Any Speaker candidate would be right to reject it. A balanced budget is unrealistic without greater Republican control over Congress and the Presidency. Stick to reducing the Speaker's power. Those were the better and more realistic demands.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On the 11th day of Christmas my Congress gave to me
The Freedom Caucus stomping, the swampy McCarthy!
View Quote

If any of them cave at this point they will be committing career suicide.

Dig your heels in!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Term limits are stupid AF, unconservative, and unconstitutional. Tall about a ridiculous demand. Any Speaker candidate would be right to reject it. A balanced budget is unrealistic without greater Republican control over Congress and the Presidency. Stick to reducing the Speaker's power. Those were the better and more realistic demands.
View Quote

Yikes.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Maxine Waters wants McCarthy as Speaker.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks mikey. Now everyone knows not to vote for that turd.
View Quote

I knew before he did it.
he's a worse swamp puke than McCarthy
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't read through this thread but what happens if he keeps failing to get elected?

I'm curious why they keep voting as if people are going to get tired and change their mind?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I haven't read through this thread but what happens if he keeps failing to get elected?

I'm curious why they keep voting as if people are going to get tired and change their mind?

Nothing happens because the government has been funded until September. The new Congress has no issues to decide because everything contentious already got signed in to law over Christmas break. No risk of imminent shutdown actually hurt the leadership and allowed this rebellion.

There was an unusually perceptive blurb from National Review saying the same thing:

...McConnell and the other omnibus backers may have thought they could give McCarthy a breather to get settled in, get all the committees assigned and running, and do some publicly positive things first.

If that was the plan, it backfired spectacularly — at least from McCarthy’s perspective. With no policy to fight over at the outset and unhappy that they had issues taken off the table before gaining the majority, the insurgents went directly for McCarthy’s head instead. He can’t make concessions to save himself because he lacks issues upon which to do so.

This is a total humiliation of the Republican leadership though, even if it doesn't get any immediate policy wins.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Boebert was absolutely right to call Trump out.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Done until noon tomorrow.

What a pathetic shit show.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That means a backroom deal couldn't be met between the hours of 6pm-8pm.
View Quote

Newsmax reporting that McCarthy made backroom deal with most of the holdouts.

Motion to adjourn until noon tomorrow passes.
4 of them didn't show up to vote.
I hope they don't get paid for this since they are not actually members of congress right now.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yikes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes.

Any specific objections and reasoning to support them?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes the Speaker of the House is 3rd in line to the presidency, but would only ascend, if both the President and the VP were removed at the same time or through some other means.

When Biden resigns, Harris will ascend to the Presidency and then gets to chose a VP that has to be confirmed by the Senate. I belive its a simple majority vote to confirm, but I may be mistaken on that.
View Quote

This is why it was important to not let the D's steal the Senate - no Senate majority means no new VP confirmed & SOTH is next in line...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Steve King

@SteveKingIA
Kevin McCarthy took big money from Sam Bankman-Fried (FTX) to defeat conservative Republicans in primaries. They aren’t there to vote against McCarthy today.
1:56 PM · Jan 4, 2023
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
If Republicans vow not to use the debt ceiling as a political weapon and cut a deal on subpoena power, Khanna said he could support a Republican such as Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) or Mike Gallagher (R-WI) for the gavel to break the GOP stalemate that has ground Congress to a halt.

Fitzpatrick is my congressman. He can gargle these nuts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

If she wants him she can have him in her bedroom.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hope they don't get paid for this since they are not actually members of congress right now.

View Quote

I was surprised on that.  I thought that they were all sworn in on 3 January.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]
They can't even conduct a simple vote on whether or not to adjourn without it devolving into a shitshow. They have electronic voting and 15 minutes to cast a simple fucking yes or no vote but they can't do it ...requiring some of them to have to vote on paper after the time has long expired.  And holy heck, the Clerk is an absolute deer in the headlights mess.  What an embarrassment they all are. How did a once great nation divolve into such a clown show?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did she vote for McCarthy?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That means a backroom deal couldn't be met between the hours of 6pm-8pm.

That's a bingo....
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They can't even conduct a simple vote on whether or not to adjourn without it devolving into a shitshow. They have electronic voting and 15 minutes to cast a simple fucking yes or no vote but they can't do it ...requiring some of them to have to vote on paper after the time has long expired.  And holy heck, the Clerk is an absolute deer in the headlights mess.  What an embarrassment they all are. How did a once great nation divolve into such a clown show?
View Quote

By voting for ‘next’.  It’s also how we lost elections with Dole and McCain.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Balanced budget means you only send a balanced budget over to the senate as take it or leave it (while making clear that the house rules prohibit voting on whatever crap the senate tries to send back that isn't balanced).
Then the senate can take what they get or shut down the entire government.

Term limits are not unconservative or stupid - it breaks the career politicians holding seats for 40 years.
They should be put into a constitutional amendment just like term limits on the presidency were.
McCarthy could easily satisfy this by writing the constitutional amendment & allowing it to be voted on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

but who to nominate that is palatable?

View Quote

at this point anyone but him
anyone
that he wants it this bad tells me everything I need to know about him@
NEVER KEVIN
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any specific objections and reasoning to support them?
View Quote

Term limits would force more rotation in the committee positions and reduce the influence of both deep red and deep blue districts and states.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

1)  Term limits.  One of the best things that we could implement for Congress pukes.  I have heard twelve years total in Congress.  Seems reasonable.

The POTUS has a two term limit.

2)  "A balanced budget is unrealistic without greater Republican control over Congress and the Presidency."  That should be a "die on the hill" issue for the next budget.  Balancing does not come with new taxes.  There should be a surplus to start paying down the debt.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget cutting off money to those fucking scumbag leeches in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

She wants the RINO squish instead of someone like Scalese...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is why it was important to not let the D's steal the Senate - no Senate majority means no new VP confirmed & SOTH is next in line...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the Speaker of the House is 3rd in line to the presidency, but would only ascend, if both the President and the VP were removed at the same time or through some other means.

When Biden resigns, Harris will ascend to the Presidency and then gets to chose a VP that has to be confirmed by the Senate. I belive its a simple majority vote to confirm, but I may be mistaken on that.

Takes confirmation from a majority of BOTH houses.  See 25th Amendment.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

She can vote for him and get 20 other commie fascist America hating Democrats to do that as well and this ends tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#30]
If you aren’t for closing and securing the border, balancing the budget, and term limits then you are a RINO.  These are the three most popular issues and have been for 30+ years.   People get elected on them, go to DC, and get corrupted.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

anyone
NEVER KEVIN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but who to nominate that is palatable?

anyone
NEVER KEVIN

So tits it is.

Who has nice tits?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If Republicans vow not to use the debt ceiling as a political weapon and cut a deal on subpoena power, Khanna said he could support a Republican such as Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) or Mike Gallagher (R-WI) for the gavel to break the GOP stalemate that has ground Congress to a halt.

View Quote

Promise it, that's not binding.
Then get the gavel & block all debt ceiling increases...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So tits it is.

Who has nice tits?
View Quote

Luna?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Apparently you have to live in Florida to email Gaetz.

I just wanted to send him a thank you.

You Floridians can though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Promise it, that's not binding.
Then get the gavel & block all debt ceiling increases...
View Quote

Unfortunately Fitzpatrick is a RINO fuck. Ask him how he feels about your ARs.

https://levittownnow.com/2022/08/01/congressman-fitzpatrick-votes-on-assault-weapons-ban-chip-manufacturing-research-legislation/
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Balanced budget means you only send a balanced budget over to the senate as take it or leave it (while making clear that the house rules prohibit voting on whatever crap the senate tries to send back that isn't balanced).

Term limits are not unconservative or stupid - it breaks the career politicians holding seats for 40 years.
They should be put into a constitutional amendment just like term limits on the presidency were.
McCarthy could easily satisfy this by writing the constitutional amendment & allowing it to be voted on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Term limits are stupid because it just means that lobbyists, staffers, and the administrative state wind up with even more power than they do already.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The time for that was the weeks leading up to Jan 3rd. Why McCarthy didn't have that already lined up beforehand and just expect his goon squad to bully dissenters in line in a public spectacle. That should disqualify him for failing to plan ahead.

FFS

ETA: Had the BS Omnibus bill NOT been passed by the previous Congress, it would have favored a quick speaker election.
View Quote

They did all that back in october...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gallagher is mine. He can suffer the same fate on deez nutz.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Any black non rino reps?  
Make them vote against a black guy.  Just for Shits and Grins
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
It reminds me of some African nations, where it is just a circus of stupidity hovering around the notion of a formal process. The US has officially reached that level.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Any black non rino reps?  
View Quote

They’ve been doing it all day; Donalds is black.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any black non rino reps?  
View Quote

Do you know who Byron Donalds is?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Term limits are stupid because it just means that lobbyists, staffers, and the administrative state wind up with even more power than they do already.
View Quote
Hmm. The current system of politicians for life doesn't seem to be working to our benefit. I would like to hear your thoughts on specifically how term limits would be less a benefit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love black women but you just made me puke in my mouth
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gallagher is a fucking chamber of commerce tool. Fuck him and fuck a full blown rino in the speakership. Anyone they sponsor is marked with a scarlet letter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any black non rino reps?  

Well. Shit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's amazing that the "moderate" Democrats will fall in line behind a far-left nominee but the moderate Republicans will refuse to do so.  Of course, the Democrats have swung so hard left in the last couple decades that the once "far-left" Pelosi was derided as "too moderate" by many in her party when she last won the Speaker election, but I digress.
View Quote

That is because the moderate Democrats get some pork money for their district and a little something extra.  

The Republicans will not give them anything except a good screwing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

anyone
that he wants it this bad tells me everything I need to know about him
@
NEVER KEVIN
View Quote
This is my thought. Anyone who craves power this much doesn't deserve it.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top