Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The dems... doesn't the speaker decide what gets to the floor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are all the same anyway, let the dems have it, who cares.

The dems... doesn't the speaker decide what gets to the floor?

Via the Rules Committee, yes.

That's the real power Committee - fuck taxes, Way & Means, Justice, etc. Rules holds the keys to the Kingdom.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dan Crenshaw: Republicans blowing up Speaker process are 'enemies'

Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, vented about Republican 'enemies' upending the Speaker process in an interview with CNN.
View Quote

Well it's Dan Crenshaw, sooo...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to see my newly elected Congressman Andy Ogles is holding out
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Goodgrief, I wish they could get it together.. this is a huge vote.  It's turned into a circus
View Quote
Business as usual for these clowns, while they all muck it up and cash their $176,000 checks on your dime...

In other news, here's for the AOC leg humpers

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At this rate, how long before someone breaks ranks and votes for the other side "in the spirit of bipartisanship"?
View Quote

The democrats are free to do that anytime.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
This clusterfuck is a perfect symbol for our current Republican Party.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think they just pay you in "stock tips", "speaking fees", and "book deals". So about $2M a quarter of declared income....
View Quote

Do I get hookers and booze?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Business as usual for these clowns, while they all muck it up and cash their $176,000 checks on your dime...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75325/AOC-2659447.jpg
View Quote

shes braying at nobody...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well it's Dan Crenshaw, sooo...
View Quote

Keep an eye out for him...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if (D) are trying to turn 6 people on the DL with sweetheart deals.  That would be....embarrassing.
View Quote

Look for the 6 not seeking reelection.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's gonna piss off a whole lot of people if the Republicans fuck this up and Jeffries winds up as Speaker.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they just pay you in "stock tips", "speaking fees", and "book deals". So about $2M a quarter of declared income....

I think that's only available officially to democrats...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75325/AOC-2659447.jpg

I thought she was practicing for the VP gig.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL - they said fuck it - we wanna go home.  Come back at NOON tomorrow.  Heaven for bid they start before Lunchtime
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Adjured by unanimous consent.
Will return tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Adjourned
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd say 2 more useless votes tonite.

Maybe at that point, Scalise tells KM, "Look you gotta give them what they want and hope that's enough, or it's over. We lost ground today - you went from presumptive Speaker to Wounded. You don't have the cool office any more."
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's gonna piss off a whole lot of people if the Republicans fuck this up and Jeffries winds up as Speaker.
View Quote

Pretty sure only the Republicans can make that happen.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The democrats are free to do that anytime.
View Quote

Give them credit they almost never do.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LOL - they said fuck it - we wanna go home.  Come back at NOON tomorrow.  Heaven for bid they start before Lunchtime
View Quote

Morning = carrots and sticks come out for the 20 defectors.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, vented about Republican 'enemies' upending the Speaker process in an interview with CNN.
View Quote

Of course McCain Jr would say that
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a question...

A co-worker (a proud Leftist / Commie) has CNN streaming on his PC, and for some reason, every Leftist anchor, reporter, and commentator WANTS KM.

Why?  They think all Republicans (except maybe Liz Cheney) are just different degrees of Nazis.

Why do they care?
View Quote

He's one of theirs. The GOP establishment always goes with the dems when it's something they really want. The rest of it is just theater for the masses.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#24]
This is a perfect microcosm of why the Republicans hate Trump.  Those handful of Reps who voted for Jordan know that McCarthy is a swamp creature and refuse to go along with a party that sells us out to the Leftist agenda at every turn for 30 shekels every time.  Trump was exactly the same thing to them.  Going back to the Obama years.........so was the Tea Party.

Every time the national government takes a collective corrupt turn to the Left, an empowered and principled right wing sect comes to power among the grass roots Republicans in response.

Every time that small contingent of principled right wingers raise their heads and their hands, the Judases of the GOP work with the Democrats to crush them.

And every time, the establishment has to get more and more openly blatant in their cheating to win subsequent elections.

Something has to give because while you can crush the electorate, you can't crush their desire for freedom, fairness, and self determination.  It's going to boil down to all those Fed LE folks who swore an allegiance to the Constitution.  Do they finally start cracking down on the cheating corrupt politicians, or the right wing grassroots citizenry and the Reps they occasionally manage to get put into office?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well dems can't do that alone, that would require either deliberate Republican inaction by voting present only, or actually voting for Jeffries.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which remains a possibility.

RINOs never seem to miss an opportunity to fuck over real conservatives.  There's going to be a lot negotiation tonight and in the morning trying to get votes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is a perfect microcosm of why the Republicans hate Trump.  Those handful of Reps who voted for Jordan know that McCarthy is a swamp creature and refuse to go along with a party that sells us out to the Leftist agenda at every turn for 30 shekels every time.  Trump was exactly the same thing to them.  Going back to the Obama years.........so was the Tea Party.

Every time the national government takes a collective corrupt turn to the Left, an empowered and principled right wing sect comes to power among the grass roots Republicans in response.

Every time that small contingent of principled right wingers raise their heads and their hands, the Judases of the GOP work with the Democrats to crush them.

And every time, the establishment has to get more and more openly blatant in their cheating to win subsequent elections.

Something has to give because while you can crush the electorate, you can't crush their desire for freedom, fairness, and self determination.  It's going to boil down to all those Fed LE folks who swore an allegiance to the Constitution.  Do they finally start cracking down on the cheating corrupt politicians, or the right wing grassroots citizenry and the Reps they occasionally manage to get put into office?
View Quote

So you're saying the uniparty is real... ?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Adjourned until tomorrow.  We'll see if there is any deals made tonight.
View Quote
@D_J
With this being adjourned until noon tomorrow do you think it would be  beneficial to contact our other reps and let them know that McCarthy can FRO or do you think they would even see it before going back in?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@D_J
With this being adjourned until noon tomorrow do you think it would be  beneficial to contact our other reps and let them know that McCarthy can FRO or do you think they would even see it before going back in?
View Quote

What do you have to lose?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL

Republican Congressman Threatens to Work With Democrats to Elect House Speaker if Hardliners Sink McCarthy

Moderate Republicans are willing to work with Democrats to get McCarthy elected as Speaker of the House. McCarthy, who was endorsed by Trump for reelection and for the House Speakership.

Trump Endorses Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker: 'He Deserves the Shot'

Trump calls on his supporters to stand down on McCarthy opposition

Trump is backing the "Swamp" to run the House and his most traditionally loyal, like Uber-MAGA Rep. Matt Gaetz is opposing McCarthy to be House Speaker. That tells you something.

When the loudest MAGA lawmakers in Congress oppose McCarthy and Trump backs McCarthy, and Moderate Republicans are willing to work with Democrats to get McCarthy in as House Speaker. That tells you all you need to know.

Trump is McCarthy and Trump is grifting you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess the deep state got to republican reps. Protecting biden

LOL

Republican Congressman Threatens to Work With Democrats to Elect House Speaker if Hardliners Sink McCarthy

Moderate Republicans are willing to work with Democrats to get McCarthy elected as Speaker of the House. McCarthy, who was endorsed by Trump for reelection and for the House Speakership.

Trump Endorses Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker: 'He Deserves the Shot'

Trump calls on his supporters to stand down on McCarthy opposition

Trump is backing the "Swamp" to run the House and his most traditionally loyal, like Uber-MAGA Rep. Matt Gaetz is opposing McCarthy to be House Speaker. That tells you something.

When the loudest MAGA lawmakers in Congress oppose McCarthy and Trump backs McCarthy, and Moderate Republicans are willing to work with Democrats to get McCarthy in as House Speaker. That tells you all you need to know.

Trump is McCarthy and Trump is grifting you.

Huh?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Actually haven’t kept up with Republican reps, who would be good? I just know from want to blaze biden. Nothing really to gain in any direction except a headache for stickman as his sons shit is gone through.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does he say it about democrats who don't vote the same as him ? Thought not.

That is probably the best test of RINO/uniparty. When you have more dislike and venom for the conservatives in your party then the other side.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@D_J
View Quote

I called mine to tell him to switch to Jordan.  Calls get answered by a live person, emails can be ignored.  Made me feel better anyway.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I tried to contact (email) McCarthy from his .gov page.  It says he can only do emails from people in his district, and you have to put in the zip code WITH the 4 digit extension at the end.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I called mine to tell him to switch to Jordan.  Calls get answered by a live person, emails can be ignored.  Made me feel better anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@D_J

Just emailed mine.
I get calls are better but emails are better then nothing and if enough send them they will notice the support for that position.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd call my rep, but McCarthy himself worked to sabotage him so now I have a communist instead.

So fuck McCarthy. He should be nowhere near power, ever.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#38]
The cowardly spineless compromising crowd is out in force lighting up the FB pages of those who stood up today.

There’s a war on and many in this thread don’t have enough moral clarity to discern it even when there are multiple threads about it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I do believe my Rep,  Eli Crane is one of those holding fast at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Does it even really matter when the GOP elite are nearly all corrupt and are really Democrats? McCarthy looks like he pees sitting down so he wouldn't be different. When push comes to shove he would be praised by the Democrat's media for "crossing the aisle to be bi-partisan" by greenlighting investigations they would want, something that seems to only go 1 way and there are never 18 Democrats rushing out to pass a major bill with right of center issues in it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I do believe my Rep,  Eli Crane is one of those holding fast at the moment.
View Quote

Indeed

Jay
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#42]
@madmacs69
@Recorderman
Great point. Emails sent and I'll be calling in the am.
Thanks much, ya'll.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Hardliner Jim Jordan emerges as a Republican alternative for U.S. House speaker

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/hardliner-jim-jordan-emerges-republican-alternative-us-house-speaker-2023-01-03/
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Michael Cloud is also not on the McCarthy bus. He's somewhat fickle on his votes, though. I would send an e-mail but I'd get a perfunctory "Thank you for contacting me about this important issue." back. I may try and call his local office.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#45]
My rep was just sworn in this morning and I'm not having any luck finding contact info for him online.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Something MUST be done to break the back of the GOP establishment, otherwise they just slow walk us to the same place the Dems will.

At this point I'd rather it go fast because it might wake more people up faster to the disaster than have the GOP establishment continue being the pressure release for the democrats allowing people to go back to sleep.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#47]
We need Jim Jordan!
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Great commentary from Wade Miller (great staffer/lobbyist). This is a fight against the political establishment that screws gun owners in these omnibus bills and other bipartisan piece of trash they push.

Attachment Attached File

And here is Rep. Byron Donaldson of Florida.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

He switch his vote to Jordan on the third go around. It appears he is now standing for principle over party and will not support McCarthy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Give it to Boebert. MTG, Gaetz, or Jordon.

The lib meltdown would be glorious!
View Quote

I say Jordan.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Does it even really matter when the GOP elite are nearly all corrupt and are really Democrats? McCarthy looks like he pees sitting down so he wouldn't be different. When push comes to shove he would be praised by the Democrat's media for "crossing the aisle to be bi-partisan" by greenlighting investigations they would want, something that seems to only go 1 way and there are never 18 Democrats rushing out to pass a major bill with right of center issues in it.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that's why there is some vocal opposition from a very small minority that are willing to stand up and hold fast.

Now we're going to see if one of the following occurs.

1. The hold outs fold w/o gaining concessions and McCarthy is elected.
2. The hold outs gain concessions and McCarthy is elected
3. Jim Jordan or another candidate is elected.
4. Dems are afraid of seeing a speaker like Jim Jordan so a handfull crossover to put McCarthy in the Speakers chair.

There are not doubt numerous scenarious but those seem the most likely ATM.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top