Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 9/27/2022 11:42:09 PM EDT
Link here.

TL;DR: dad kills mom and kidnaps their 15 year old daughter.  Amber Alert goes out.  Someone sees them and calls the police.  Dad shoots at cops when they show up.  Girl tries to run to police to get away from dad, and police shoot her, claiming she was "wearing tactical gear".  If it turns out the girls was somehow involved and was shooting at the cops, I'll obviously eat my words. But what are the actual chances of that?

The murder-and-kidnapping suspect in Monday's Amber Alert and the teen girl are dead after a police pursuit ended with shots fired and a shutdown of the 15 Freeway in Victorville.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said they believe the passenger was the 15-year-old girl and she was wearing tactical gear. When she tried to get out of the car during the shootout, she was struck. She later died at the hospital.

Sheriff's deputies say official identification of the deceased girl will come from the county coroner later.

The chaos began Tuesday when a citizen called 911 and reported seeing the suspect and 15-year-old girl at the center of an Amber Alert in a white truck in the area of Barstow.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said the truck matched the description of the 2017 Nissan the suspect was last seen driving.

The California Highway Patrol began chasing the vehicle around 11:15 a.m.

When deputies responded to that call, the man -- 45-year-old Anthony John Graziano -- shot at deputies out the rearview window.

fficials later said he was shooting "constantly."

The vehicle "became disabled" in Hesperia. No details about why the vehicle stopped working were immediately shared.

A "fire fight" ensued between Graziano and deputies, officials said.

Police shot at the truck, and struck Graziano.

During the shootout, Savannah Graziano, wearing tactical gear, got out of the truck and ran toward deputies. She was struck in the fire fight.

Anthony Graziano died, according to the SBCSD, and Savannah was taken to the hospital by San Bernardino County Fire Department first responders. She died at the hospital.

He was also said to being wearing some sort of tactical gear.

The CHP Inland division said shortly after the pursuit ended that the 15 Freeway was been shut down due to police activity for an unknown duration of time.

By 1 p.m. the northbound side of the 15 Freeway had reopened, but had a significant traffic backup, while the southbound side remained completely closed between Bear Valley Rd and Joshua Rd.

Main Street is also closed in both directions from Mariposa Road to Key Pointe Drive until further notice, according to the SBCSD.

The incident is related to the Amber Alert sent out from Fontana on Monday, after a Savannah was kidnapped by her father during a domestic violence incident.

Anthony Graziano allegedly shot the girl's mother, killing her, near an elementary school on Cypress Ave. and Mallory Drive, authorities said. He then fled the scene with 15-year-old Savannah.

The Amber Alert was deactivated just after 11:30 a.m.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
damn.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering the same thing when I read about it locally. They’re investigating what looks to be a total CF. I feel for the poor kid. Even if it comes out that she posed a threat to them I think her father was obviously a total piece of shit
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
She was probably seen driving a blue Toyota Tacoma...
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...

Just no words. Well I do, but CoC and all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That girl stood a better chance with the Uvalde police.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So was she trying to get out of the vehicle, or was she already out and running towards the cops? The article has it both ways and is written like shit.  Holding my opinion until actual discernible facts come forward.  Dad is a POS either way.  Tragic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That girl stood a better chance with the Uvalde police.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Top shots right?

Same kind of dumb fucks that give themselves Glock/Sig Leg.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just duped this police claim maybe she was shooting at them. Sounds like she was unarmed and the police shot her as she ran towards them because she had on a plate carrier and helmet
View Quote

no plates in the carrier? or face shot? or femoral artery?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#11]
They're the only ones professional enough.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Weird story.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#14]
W.

T.

F.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#15]
“OH MY GOD, she’s coming right for us! And she’s wearing TACTICAL GEAR!”
What the actual fuck? Wearing black is a threat now??
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who knows. AP article. Didn't even say it was the cops who shot her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no plates in the carrier? or face shot? or femoral artery?
Who knows. AP article. Didn't even say it was the cops who shot her.

shitty either way.
they saved the shit out of her.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Man, I don't even know how to process this one. Hopefully some more information comes out, because it sounds like it rapidly became a total clusterfuck all the way around.

So will this thread.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Do not run towards the police when they are pointing guns at you. This isn’t the 60s.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#20]
With the police, nothing surprises me anymore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do not run towards the police when they are pointing guns at you. This isn’t the 60s.
View Quote

Do you propose to teach everyone a class on how to escape a hostage situation without being shot by police?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:27:18 AM EDT
[#22]
If she stayed in the truck they would have probably shot her anyway, I don’t think there was going to be any scenario where the cops didn’t shoot her.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad those types protect me
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Wild guess: After getting in a police chase with the daughter he still loved despite being a crazy person and having just kidnapped her, Dad had her don armor so she’d hopefully survive the shootout he saw as inevitable. Police saw her wearing said armor while trying to run away and mag dumped her.

I’m sure that I don’t know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I understood that reference and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw San bernardino
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I’m gonna have to sit this one out, I don’t feel like a permanban today.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Hard to judge without having been there.  If you’ve ever had training on what to do if taken hostage they emphasize not to initiate movement toward a rescue team because you may be perceived as a threat.  That’s not to say a 15 year old girl should have known that, but to point out that this is a known problem and these cops are certainly not the first to make such a mistake.

ETA:  My exposure to this is in a military context where the assumption is that any rescue will most likely be conducted by HSLD types, not local yokel cops.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re a 15 year old girl from a fucked up home.

You either believe cops are all bad (parent(s))or you believe they will save you (society).

She probably chose the latter.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#29]
I wonder how the person that called in response to the Amber Alert feels.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t see why they should feel anything in particular.  They did not contribute to the problem.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Protected. Served.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Reminds me of that ups driver the cops saved by shooting the shit out of him on the freeway while they used occupied vehicles as cover
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Reminds me of that ups driver the cops saved by shooting the shit out of him on the freeway while they used occupied vehicles as cover
View Quote

They shot other bystanders who were their backstop too
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you propose to teach everyone a class on how to escape a hostage situation without being shot by police?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someplaces, you don't.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#35]
That is a lose-lose situation for everyone involved. Absolutely terrible
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Weird story.
View Quote

Yep, it is. No sense in even commenting until more 'real' info comes out
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#37]
There is also reports the pursuing units where taking fire from a rifle, out the back of the truck window.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#38]
"shot at deputies out the rearview window."
Is that like the rear window? Or rearview mirror?
Oiy. Journalism is dead.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:33:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If she stayed in the truck they would have probably shot her anyway, I don’t think there was going to be any scenario where the cops didn’t shoot her.
View Quote

Assuming that she was wearing "scary tactical stuff" and could "maybe have been a bad guy"? Yeah.

Sucks but I don't see any decision on her part changing the outcome. Police tactics are what they are currently.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Dad kills the mom. Takes the kid. Knows that the cops are gonna be coming and things are gonna get loud. Sticks a vest and helmet on daughter so she doesn’t get killed. Daughter gets killed anyway.

Sound about right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:06:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#43]
In b4 “she was making Furtive movements” and the Poleece had no other choice but officer safety.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Ulvade cops, we got negative press by not going in and saving the hostages

San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept and CHP... Hold my beer
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:23:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Poor girl. May she find the peace and understanding that this life didn’t give her.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I understood that reference and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw San bernardino
View Quote

Hesperia, San Bernardino SO/CHP is the same as Torrance & LAPD…….
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Damm she wishes they’d had her play chicken with a train.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Link here.

TL;DR: dad kills mom and kidnaps their 15 year old daughter.  Amber Alert goes out.  Someone sees them and calls the police.  Dad shoots at cops when they show up.  Girl tries to run to police to get away from dad, and police shoot her, claiming she was "wearing tactical gear".  If it turns out the girls was somehow involved and was shooting at the cops, I'll obviously eat my words. But what are the actual chances of that?

The murder-and-kidnapping suspect in Monday's Amber Alert and the teen girl are dead after a police pursuit ended with shots fired and a shutdown of the 15 Freeway in Victorville.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said they believe the passenger was the 15-year-old girl and she was wearing tactical gear. When she tried to get out of the car during the shootout, she was struck. She later died at the hospital.

Sheriff's deputies say official identification of the deceased girl will come from the county coroner later.

The chaos began Tuesday when a citizen called 911 and reported seeing the suspect and 15-year-old girl at the center of an Amber Alert in a white truck in the area of Barstow.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said the truck matched the description of the 2017 Nissan the suspect was last seen driving.

The California Highway Patrol began chasing the vehicle around 11:15 a.m.

When deputies responded to that call, the man -- 45-year-old Anthony John Graziano -- shot at deputies out the rearview window.

fficials later said he was shooting "constantly."

The vehicle "became disabled" in Hesperia. No details about why the vehicle stopped working were immediately shared.

A "fire fight" ensued between Graziano and deputies, officials said.

Police shot at the truck, and struck Graziano.

During the shootout, Savannah Graziano, wearing tactical gear, got out of the truck and ran toward deputies. She was struck in the fire fight.

Anthony Graziano died, according to the SBCSD, and Savannah was taken to the hospital by San Bernardino County Fire Department first responders. She died at the hospital.

He was also said to being wearing some sort of tactical gear.

The CHP Inland division said shortly after the pursuit ended that the 15 Freeway was been shut down due to police activity for an unknown duration of time.

By 1 p.m. the northbound side of the 15 Freeway had reopened, but had a significant traffic backup, while the southbound side remained completely closed between Bear Valley Rd and Joshua Rd.

Main Street is also closed in both directions from Mariposa Road to Key Pointe Drive until further notice, according to the SBCSD.

The incident is related to the Amber Alert sent out from Fontana on Monday, after a Savannah was kidnapped by her father during a domestic violence incident.

Anthony Graziano allegedly shot the girl's mother, killing her, near an elementary school on Cypress Ave. and Mallory Drive, authorities said. He then fled the scene with 15-year-old Savannah.

The Amber Alert was deactivated just after 11:30 a.m.
View Quote

View Quote

WTF is "tactical gear"? I mean, was she wearing pants with cargo pockets or a plate carrier? Yeesh.... incompetents.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Step 1: Don't be in California or Florida.

And if the HRT is there, there is no rescue, you will probably be burned alive.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And killed one of them. Body count was hijackers: 0, police: 4.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top