BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Link here.

TL;DR: dad kills mom and kidnaps their 15 year old daughter.  Amber Alert goes out.  Someone sees them and calls the police.  Dad shoots at cops when they show up.  Girl tries to run to police to get away from dad, and police shoot her, claiming she was "wearing tactical gear".  If it turns out the girls was somehow involved and was shooting at the cops, I'll obviously eat my words. But what are the actual chances of that?

The murder-and-kidnapping suspect in Monday's Amber Alert and the teen girl are dead after a police pursuit ended with shots fired and a shutdown of the 15 Freeway in Victorville.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said they believe the passenger was the 15-year-old girl and she was wearing tactical gear. When she tried to get out of the car during the shootout, she was struck. She later died at the hospital.

Sheriff's deputies say official identification of the deceased girl will come from the county coroner later.

The chaos began Tuesday when a citizen called 911 and reported seeing the suspect and 15-year-old girl at the center of an Amber Alert in a white truck in the area of Barstow.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said the truck matched the description of the 2017 Nissan the suspect was last seen driving.

The California Highway Patrol began chasing the vehicle around 11:15 a.m.

When deputies responded to that call, the man -- 45-year-old Anthony John Graziano -- shot at deputies out the rearview window.

fficials later said he was shooting "constantly."

The vehicle "became disabled" in Hesperia. No details about why the vehicle stopped working were immediately shared.

A "fire fight" ensued between Graziano and deputies, officials said.

Police shot at the truck, and struck Graziano.

During the shootout, Savannah Graziano, wearing tactical gear, got out of the truck and ran toward deputies. She was struck in the fire fight.

Anthony Graziano died, according to the SBCSD, and Savannah was taken to the hospital by San Bernardino County Fire Department first responders. She died at the hospital.

He was also said to being wearing some sort of tactical gear.

The CHP Inland division said shortly after the pursuit ended that the 15 Freeway was been shut down due to police activity for an unknown duration of time.

By 1 p.m. the northbound side of the 15 Freeway had reopened, but had a significant traffic backup, while the southbound side remained completely closed between Bear Valley Rd and Joshua Rd.

Main Street is also closed in both directions from Mariposa Road to Key Pointe Drive until further notice, according to the SBCSD.

The incident is related to the Amber Alert sent out from Fontana on Monday, after a Savannah was kidnapped by her father during a domestic violence incident.

Anthony Graziano allegedly shot the girl's mother, killing her, near an elementary school on Cypress Ave. and Mallory Drive, authorities said. He then fled the scene with 15-year-old Savannah.

The Amber Alert was deactivated just after 11:30 a.m.
View Quote

View Quote

at least they got to go home safely
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of soviet agents stirring up the shite all up in this thread.
So Americans are supposed to hate our government and law enforcement officers
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif
View Quote
If there are any soviet agents stirring up hate for our government, it's the soviet agents running our government.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's funny, when you talk about Uvalde, people complain that the cops didn't do anything. Which, under the circumstances, is perfectedly understandable.
After this thread, I'm thinking if the cops had breached and engaged, and some kids were killed in the crossfire, people would be bitching about that.
View Quote

If some kids ran out of the classroom and were gunned down in the hallway by the police, I sure hope people would be questioning it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does the law care whether the minor kidnapping victim you're supposed to rescue was shooting at you with a rifle two minutes before she approaches you unarmed?
Nobody seemed to GAF that the UPS driver in Florida never had a gun when he got deliberately lit up.
View Quote

Someone is shooting at you. Someone was shooting at you for the last 30 minutes. Someone shot your co-worker. A person wearing tactical gear then exits the vehicle and charges you. Shoot?

Justified? Maybe- we will have to wait and see for the actual evidence
Excusable? Yes- unless there is something weird shown in the video
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's funny, when you talk about Uvalde, people complain that the cops didn't do anything. Which, under the circumstances, is perfectedly understandable.
After this thread, I'm thinking if the cops had breached and engaged, and some kids were killed in the crossfire, people would be bitching about that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was was a 50 mile rolling gun fight where the someone from the truck was shooting at the cops on the freeway as they were chasing him. I heard that she opened the door and ran towards the cops at the same time that her father was shooting at the cops.  Until I hear other wise, I don't think I'm going to blame the cops for this one.

Bitching about a kid catching a bullet fired by the police?
Absolutely, and rightly so.
Police have armor and training… at least in theory.
Instead it usually becomes a “mad minute” straight outta Vietnam.  Sometimes shit happens, but “spray and pray” is not acceptable.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh look...another glowie...FBI or ATF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So Americans are supposed to hate our government and law enforcement officers…

SVR or FSB, Vlad ?

Maybe there’s just a whole gaggle of new Americans in this thread who don’t feel our heritage.
Jeez
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Someone is shooting at you. Someone was shooting at you for the last 30 minutes. Someone shot your co-worker. A person wearing tactical gear then exits the vehicle and charges you. Shoot?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the law care whether the minor kidnapping victim you're supposed to rescue was shooting at you with a rifle two minutes before she approaches you unarmed?
Nobody seemed to GAF that the UPS driver in Florida never had a gun when he got deliberately lit up.

Charges you, or runs to you for safety?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the interesting part and NO surprise the AP and GD ignored this from the reports.

Not saying it is true, but driving 110 and firing rounds from a rifle at pursuing cops isn't easy. She was either forced to help drive or fire the rifle. This does not mean shooting her was justified, but it will be interesting to see what the investigation shows.

As for gun shot residue, she will be covered in it from the rifle firing in the car. DNA on the rifle may be the only thing, but their proximity and contact may negate that test too.

I would hope that a highly trained LE person could determine a person's armed or unarmed status in a heartbeat or two. IMO, "unarmed", regardless of "tactical gear", would definitely be a "no shoot" situation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excusable NO!

Police or not, you own every bullet you fire until it stops moving, and you own everything it hurts or damages between the muzzle and the time it is at rest.  People who carry weapons as part of their profession should be held to a HIGHER standard than Joe Pistol Packer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
“OH MY GOD, she’s coming right for us! And she’s wearing TACTICAL GEAR!”
What the actual fuck? Wearing black is a threat now??
View Quote

Dude where have you been.  This is how the fucking cops are trained.  Job #1 above ALL ELSE is I AM GOING HOME, THEY CAN GET FUCKED.  Don't think, action beats reaction, yadda yadda.  See trigger, pull trigger.  Thinking.........is optional.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't say what I would have done without being there myself or seeing a good video at a minimum.

I will hold any judgements until I see more evidence...  Its to easy to make the wrong judgement call on the officers involved.

Situation is grim either way.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I scream at the top of my lungs every chance I get to “ID your target!” In todays society of mass shooting, chl holders and good citizens stopping the threat, law enforcement will have to make solid ID of targets before shooting. I.E the mall shooting recently stopped by a citizen.

Wouldn’t want to be the cop that shot the good guy that ended a mass shooting.

What active threat was posed by the daughter during the time she was shot? I want that question answered.
View Quote

They did ID the threat.  It was clearly a right wing domestic terrorist as evidenced by the plate carrier she was wearing.  It's right on the Homeland Security flyer.  And, it was coming right at them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Patiently waiting for bodycam footage
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dang. "tactical Gear" is now a justifiable reason to kill someone?
View Quote

Didn't NY ban plates?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#16]

When asked by a reporter if the person wearing the tactical gear had a weapon, the sheriff replied and said “at this time I don’t have that information I’m not sure were still reviewing the entire scene.”

Interesting statement.

One would think they would have been rather quick to confirm if she did in fact have a weapon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Police don't get much training which can really result in panic and adrenaline running a situation.
View Quote
The only training they seem to get around here is how to profile nice enough cars to pull over so that they stand a good chance of getting someone without warrants who will just blindly pay the ticket while ignoring all the Altima's with paper tags that expired a year ago and obvious safety equipment violations.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe newly minted IRS?

They be an LEO too yo.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So Americans are supposed to hate our government and law enforcement officers
View Quote
I miss NorCal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Blue line gang.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Video from overpass above shooting.

SHOOTING IN HESPERIA!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Dads fault.

Concealed Target identification in the heat of battle is difficult.  

I’m all for forgiveness for real and difficult situational mistakes which I suspect this was.

However, police should be held to at least the same standard as I am, whatever that may be in this case.  

Shitty situation all around.  I really feel for the girl and her family.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sherrif's office is saying preliminary information indicates the passenger may have been involved in exchanging gunfire with LE during some points of the various shootouts.
View Quote

And what if dad, who had just killed her mom, said "shoot at the cop car or I'll fucking shoot YOU TOO".  Then what?  At the end of the day, if that girl bailed out of the car and ran toward the cops with empty hands, then there is no excuse.  NONE.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.  I've been a cop critic since Glasnost.  Shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Americans are supposed to be incredibly suspicious and dubious of our government and law enforcement officers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Americans are supposed to be incredibly suspicious and dubious of our government and law enforcement officers.

This is the first thing I've seen you post that makes any sense.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they have a weapon?  Is it pointed at you or coming up toward you?  

This is like flowchart 101.  If = yes, then shoot.  If = no, then no shoot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If she stayed in the truck they would have probably shot her anyway, I don’t think there was going to be any scenario where the cops didn’t shoot her.
View Quote

Was she dressed in brown clothes?

Did the cops all make it home?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how can you tell the difference between "charging you" and "running to you for safety"?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I think the moral of the story is that, if you want to live a long and happy life without being shot, we just need to stay the fuck away from both criminals and cops, and hope a hostage situation doesn't randomly find us on the street somewhere.  

It would appear that, at any situation with more than two cops with sirens left on = somebody is getting dead unless the subject does EVERYTHING EXACTLY RIGHT.  And then, maybe STILL dead.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And how can you tell the difference between "charging you" and "running to you for safety"?
View Quote

By what they have in their hands. Or not.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#31]

I like how they, in particular, tried to murder the person sitting on the passenger side of the truck with the most number of shots aimed at the passenger’s head.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This is the interesting part and NO surprise the AP and GD ignored this from the reports.

Not saying it is true, but driving 110 and firing rounds from a rifle at pursuing cops isn't easy. She was either forced to help drive or fire the rifle. This does not mean shooting her was justified, but it will be interesting to see what the investigation shows.

As for gun shot residue, she will be covered in it from the rifle firing in the car. DNA on the rifle may be the only thing, but their proximity and contact may negate that test too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sherrif's office is saying preliminary information indicates the passenger may have been involved in exchanging gunfire with LE during some points of the various shootouts.

Was she armed when she exited the vehicle and was shot by police?  The “may have shot at police” sounds like a bullshit ex post facto justification for a police fuckup in killing a kidnap victim.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't a weapon in hand, or not, the primary indicator of which it might be?

I think one of the problems here is the institutional assumption that "they are all bad guys".  WE are all "bad guys".  
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When asked by a reporter if the person wearing the tactical gear had a weapon, the sheriff replied and said “at this time I don’t have that information I’m not sure were still reviewing the entire scene.”

Interesting statement.

One would think they would have been rather quick to confirm if she did in fact have a weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting statement.

That answer is “no she didn’t have a weapon but we want to make it seem like she might have to clamp down on the outrage over the police killing a kidnapping victim until some other news event distracts them from our incompetence.”
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was she armed when she exited the vehicle and was shot by police?  The “may have shot at police” sounds like a bullshit ex post facto justification for a police fuckup in killing a kidnap victim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering they were quick to confirm that there was an AR-15 style rifle in the truck, but they're "not sure" if the girl was armed, that certainly leads to some speculation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBRW5c5auw

View Quote

Based on the number of gunshots, I bet the kidnapping victim got lit the fuck up by police and followed up with some anchor shots just to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she drowns, she’s innocent, if she floats, she’s a witch and we burn her.  Or, kill them all, God will know his own.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intent, capability, and opportunity.

What’s the chuckle for?

You’re saying that DoD follows more stringent rules for the use of force than civilian law enforcement?

You do recognize how that is an issue, right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was under the impression that the police have a duty to try and take subjects into custody alive if it is at all possible, EVEN IF THEY HAVE SHOT AT THE POLICE at some point.

It seems like the Police have abandoned that.

Now if you fire a shot, or in some cases just have a gun IN YOUR hand, or even just reach to PULL UP YOUR PANTS, you are gonna die in a hail of bullets fired by a mob of shit-scared folks that couldn't get hired anywhere else, who have been beaten over the head since they hired on with "you are a hero", "citizens are the enemy" and "you act quickly and decisively with deadly force and MAKE SURE that YOU are the one who gets to go home at the end of the interaction".  Is it any wonder we wind up with these?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBRW5c5auw

View Quote

Reminiscent of:

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She was probably seen driving a blue Toyota Tacoma...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
You can't possibly be serious. Jesus, no wonder the cops did nothing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do not run towards the police when they are pointing guns at you. This isn’t the 60s.
View Quote

I have to say…I am dumber for reading this post.   He is lowering the collective IQ of Arfcom by 20 point himself.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#44]
don't worry, the police will investigate themselves and find no wrong doing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Smile and wave policing can't come soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Another article

UPDATE @ 4:30 PM — During a 4:00 pm, press conference San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus said Barstow deputies were dispatched to the area of Highway 395 and Highway 58 where the vehicle was seen. Arriving deputies encountered the suspect vehicle and a pursuit ensued. The suspect shot at deputies putting several rounds through the windshield of the patrol unit. The pursuit continued onto Highway 58 before entering the I-15 freeway, in the Lenwood area.

Officials said the suspect was firing at the deputies the entire time and even caused the second pursuing deputies vehicle to become disabled. The pursuit continued towards Victorville/Hesperia with the deputies taking fire from the suspect. The suspect went off-road as they approached the southwest corner of Main Street and the I-15. Deputies from several jurisdictions involved in the pursuit attempted to contain the suspect in the triangle that’s made by the offramp, the I-15, and the Main Street bridge.

Authorities said after the suspect vehicle came to rest a subject exited the passenger side of the vehicle wearing tactical gear. That subject started to run toward sheriff’s deputies and went down during the gunfire. As the deputies cleared the vehicle and rendered medical aid, they made contact with the subject wearing the tactical gear and determined it was the 15-year-old Juvenile. Graciano was shot dead in the driver’s seat of the car. Savannah was transported to a local hospital and at 11:52 am, she was pronounced deceased.

Sheriff’s officials said preliminary information indicates that the passenger of the vehicle identified as Savannah may have been also involved in some of the fire exchange. “There may be some information that the passenger was involved in firing back at the deputies and were still trying to confirm that at this point. “It is so early in this investigation. This is highly complex, it covers as you can imagine a number of miles coming out of Highway 58 and 395. All the way from the Barstow area coming back here. Very substantial investigation. Multiple scenes in terms of where these shootings occurred and ultimately ended up back here,” stated Sheriff Dicus.

Officials said a weapon described as an AR rifle was found inside the truck. When asked by a reporter if the person wearing the tactical gear had a weapon, the sheriff replied and said “at this time I don’t have that information I’m not sure were still reviewing the entire scene.” The sheriff also confirmed multiple patrol units were struck by gunfire and one deputy struck by shrapnel suffered minor injuries.

The sheriff said they will need at least 24 hours before additional information is released.

—original article—

HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A suspect wanted in a fatal Amber Alert was killed during a shootout with law enforcement Tuesday in Hesperia.

It happened at about 11:08 am, on September 27, 2022, on the southbound I-15 freeway and the Main Street on-ramp.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department tweeted around 11:23 a.m. that there was heavy police activity in Victorville on the 15 Freeway, between Bear Valley Rd and Joshua Rd. and that residents should avoid the area.

(Anthony Graizano, 45)
According to initial reports, a 911 caller reported a white truck matching the description of the suspect’s 2017 Nissan Frontier that was last seen driving on the I-15 freeway in Barstow. The suspect allegedly shot at responding deputies from the rearview window of the truck near Restaurant Row in Victorville and continued driving on the freeway.

The truck exited on Main Street where it went over the shoulder of the I-15 on-ramp and became disabled. Seconds later a gunbattle occurred and during the shootout, the suspect was shot and killed.

The 15-year-old victim identified as Savannah Graziano was also inside the truck and was wounded during the shootout. She was airlifted to a trauma center with life-threatening injuries.

(Savannah Graziano)
The Fontana Police Department has confirmed that the person involved in the pursuit and shooting in Hesperia is the same murder suspect from the Amber Alert.

Anthony was wanted for the murder of Savanna’s mom after he shot and killed her near an elementary school on Cypress Avenue and Mallory Drive on September 26, 2022. He fled the scene with his daughter prompting the Amber Alert.

The investigation has prompted the California Highway Patrol to close the southbound I-15 freeway for an unknown amount of time. All traffic is being detoured onto Main Street. Roadways like Highway 395, Mariposa Road, and Amargosa Road are gridlocked.

(suspects truck)
The investigation is very active and ongoing. A press conference is scheduled for 3:00 pm where law enforcement is expected to release more information.

(Hugo C. Valdez, VVNG.com)

(Hugo C. Valdez, VVNG.com)
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do not run towards the police when they are pointing guns at you. This isn’t the 60s.
View Quote

Do not run away from the police when they are pointing guns at you.
Do not stay in the target area/beaten zone when the police are shooting guns at you.

So what should she have done?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can’t believe that you think shooting kids who are hostages or innocent bystanders is acceptable.

Hey, we’re so bad at marksmanship, even at close range, that everyone just has to accept that we’re going to kill some kids /innocent bystanders.  Holy crap, it’s not like these bad guys were actually even holding a hostage in front of themselves as a human shield.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wild guess: After getting in a police chase with the daughter he still loved despite being a crazy person and having just kidnapped her, Dad had her don armor so she’d hopefully survive the shootout he saw as inevitable. Police saw her wearing said armor while trying to run away and mag dumped her.

I’m sure that I don’t know.
View Quote

This sis where my thoughts are.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I can’t believe that you think shooting kids is acceptable.

View Quote

Wait... what age can you shoot someone?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top