Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because when you legalize it a bunch of scum bags and lib tards flood your state. Ask me how I know.
View Quote

That is happening regardless.

Let me guess, you live in CO or CA?  While the lure of recreational marijuana to the first states that legalized it certainly brought in some new residents I doubt that is happening much anymore due to the number of other states that have now legalized it as well. Furthermore her argument is not that it is going to bring in more people to SD.

I just find it sadly funny that the Republican Party cannot come to terms with the will of the people yet falsely preach about being huge supporters personal freedoms.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Her opposition to legal marijuana in her state is puzzling, since apparently Big Ag was for it.

Big Pharma
Big Booze
Big Gawd

Which one was pulling her strings on that issue?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Miss "I refuse to use the state to protect our culture, people, and future" Miss "I support bringing in Refugees and mass LEGAL immigration"? Fuck her.
View Quote

Playing devils advocate as I'm not really a fan of parking people in a state then setting them up with welfare programs but...

Our unemployment is seemingly always under 4%.  We need people to fill thousands of jobs here in SD.  How else do we fill them?  I don't see Mary from New Jersey relocating to Sioux Falls to cut concrete 60 hours a week like my Guatemalan neighbor Julio and his two sons do.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Her opposition to legal marijuana in her state is puzzling, since apparently Big Ag was for it.

Big Pharma
Big Booze
Big Gawd

View Quote

"Those arguing against legalization said the new law would violate the state constitution by elevating the agency tasked with regulating recreational pot, the Department of Revenue, to a fourth branch of government, and that the ballot measure violated a rule that constitutional amendments must only address one subject."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-04-28/south-dakota-supreme-court-weighs-pot-legalization-battle

Basically they tried to amend the state constitution with this amendment, but to do that you can only have one item on the Amendment per the state constitution. Amendment A had multiply issues on it. They are just sticking to the state constitution procedures on amending it. It was a "procedural" Foul if you will.

Noem has expressed her dislike for pot, but the reason she railed against Amendment A is the way they tried to pass it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet weeping Jesus on the cross.....Now it's a "mah weed" thread.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
The addiction is an addiction.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SD can spare Noem. Can Florida replace DeSantis?
View Quote
I'd hate to see him go. He is the best governor in the country in my opinion. But I think he is going to be running for president.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The addiction is an addiction.
View Quote

Yeah plenty of re-formed boozers like their weed...
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

She did block a tranny in sports bill
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Justify.

She did block a tranny in sports bill

It was a horribly written bill that would've been challenged and ultimately found to be unConstitutional, accomplishing nothing but costing SD money. She sent it back and told her legislators to do it right.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Those who call "vice" personal freedom...

LOL
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IMO noem = pence.

We know her price, because she showed what it took to make her cave.

It wouldn't matter what the law said, if the law banned males from being in female sports or female only spaces, her state was going to get hit with a lawsuit, and once the "equality" act gets rammed through it would be far harder to pass that kind of law.

I like a lot of stuff she's done, but she's not cut out for the fight.
View Quote

The legislature had it wrong.  Noem had it right.  She told them to rewrite the bill to exclude the colleges/universities or she was going to veto as the the Board of Regents said it was a loser and because she knew the state would get it shoved in dry by the NCAA.  They refused so she vetoed, issued a couple of executive orders on the topic covering the K12 schools, and wanted a special session to work out a new bill that would only cover K12 schools.  They refused.  Hardly a basis to claim she's not cut out for the fight.    

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]

So that is the knee she bent to the NCAA..

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#15]
She calls Joe President O'Biden

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]
She's an attractive woman, but the Presidency isn't a beauty contest.

She folded like a cheap suit regarding that protection of women sports legislation. Going from her State to being the chief executive of the USA is a massive leap as well.  She has very limited foreign policy experience and although she has a strong agricultural background doesn't have any experience with other industries as far as I'm aware.  No military experience either.

Beautiful woman, great traditional conservative woman who hopefully inspires other women across the country, but not ready for the presidency.

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wood wreck

That's a new one
View Quote

That is a fair interpretation but not what I intended.   Think more creative.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Big Pharma
Big Booze
Big Gawd

View Quote

The people she is employed to represent perhaps?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She folded like a cheap suit regarding that protection of women sports legislation. Going from her State to being the chief executive of the USA is a massive leap as well.  She has very limited foreign policy experience and although she has a strong agricultural background doesn't have any experience with other industries as far as I'm aware.  No military experience either.

Beautiful woman, great traditional conservative woman who hopefully inspires other women across the country, but not ready for the presidency.

View Quote

Her state is the best run out of the entire country. I would say she would do fine as President.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd vote for Kristi Nom-nom-nom...
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is not even remotely accurate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The legislature had it wrong.  Noem had it right.  She told them to rewrite the bill to exclude the colleges/universities or she was going to veto as the the Board of Regents said it was a loser and because she knew the state would get it shoved in dry by the NCAA.  They refused so she vetoed, issued a couple of executive orders on the topic covering the K12 schools, and wanted a special session to work out a new bill that would only cover K12 schools.  They refused.  Hardly a basis to claim she's not cut out for the fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO noem = pence.

We know her price, because she showed what it took to make her cave.

It wouldn't matter what the law said, if the law banned males from being in female sports or female only spaces, her state was going to get hit with a lawsuit, and once the "equality" act gets rammed through it would be far harder to pass that kind of law.

I like a lot of stuff she's done, but she's not cut out for the fight.

I believe the NCAA would have said the same about ANY bill that said males could not compete in female sports or be in female spaces.  The precursor to the (in)equality bill, "enda" has been around for some time, which would purport under false color of law to enforce all the special rights for the lgbtbbqia+-* movement; I don't believe noem didn't know about this, and I don't believe noem didn't know it would be harder for states to pass laws that would go against the text of that bill.

She caved when she shouldn't have because the fight she was saying would happen was inevitable. The only way she could keep the "we're coming for you regardless" crew off her back was to cave to what they wanted.

That fight is inevitable if there is *any* meaningful pushback - *any at all.*  Caving to them only makes them bolder; they're literally children testing to see what they can get away with. In this case, they want to force everyone to press their hand down on a lit burner on the stove.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Let me guess, you live in CO or CA?  While the lure of recreational marijuana to the first states that legalized it certainly brought in some new residents I doubt that is happening much anymore due to the number of other states that have now legalized it as well. Furthermore her argument is not that it is going to bring in more people to SD.

I just find it sadly funny that the Republican Party cannot come to terms with the will of the people yet falsely preach about being huge supporters personal freedoms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because when you legalize it a bunch of scum bags and lib tards flood your state. Ask me how I know.

Given widespread legalization, people are less concerned about the legalities in their own State if it is illegal there. The attitude towards weed has changed greatly. No need to move somewhere else. Just light that spliff while sitting in your back yard, anywhere. It doesn't frickin' matter.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Given widespread legalization, people are less concerned about the legalities in their own State if it is illegal there. The attitude towards weed has changed greatly. No need to move somewhere else. Just light that spliff while sitting in your back yard, anywhere. It doesn't frickin' matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In fact, it doesn't matter if you're a heroin / fentanyl addict living right out on the street, mugging and robbing to support your habit, pooping on the sidewalk, and leaving syringes out for the toddlers to step on. As long as it's destructive of self constraint and humanity legalize that stuff! Especially don't make sure you handle all the attendant behavior that legalization will expand.

While the pols are at it, they should make it impossible for people who need pain meds to get them, not really stop pill mills, and slap bad actors on the wrist, and wonder why people go out hunting heroin.

The drug legalization wonderland, where stupid dems think you can legalize using all sorts of drugs that people can't and won't and never have been able to handle well without having to figure out how to make sure the laws properly handle the fallout that you have to walk around and step over to get to work or the supermarket...
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FACT CHECK:

Noem's dress is magenta, not pink.
View Quote

What color are her panties?  That's what I really want to know...  
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Wood plow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Wood. Next question
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI, I don’t smoke pot. Won’t say that I never have. I mean, I went to college. But I’m not concerned in the least that the overwhelming majority of the state I have resided in my entire adult life (MT), the state that multiple generations of my family homesteaded in (SD), and every other state that had weed on the ballot last year passed recreational marijuana.  All I’m saying is the “R’s” are struggling with an identity crisis and if they can’t see the writing on the wall with this topic they are as stupid as they seem.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pence, or anyone else, had to have something to hang their hat on.  Court wins, states not certifying electors, something besides "I feel there were a lot of fraudulent ballots, so I'm not going to count those states, so Trump has more electors and is the winner, and so am I".

Trump during the election was as Trump always was - ego driven, lazy, and hired terrible and incompetent people to do the nitty gritty of detailed work.  

He loved big rallies as he got to be in front of people who loved him.

He was too lazy to get into the details of how the Democrats were using vote by mail fraud to stuff ballot boxes.

He hired tired, worn out fools like Rudy (!) to be both in charge of the pre-election work on this, as well as adding insult to injury by having that same old tired fool lead the legal challenges to it.

Then, after having nothing to hang any sort of hat on, expected Pence just to deem him the winner?  That's bananas republics stuff right there - I'm the VP and I'm still the VP next week, after I don't count these electoral votes.

Trump's heart was in the right place, and I loved his as president.  But the election was over after the 5 states in question (GA, AZ, PA, WI, MI) Republican Legislatures all voted to send Democrat electors to the electoral college.  No magic rabbits were coming out of hats after that.  

All that ended up happening was a lot of good folks were sent into a political meat grinder, without the political and media infrastructure to turn their actions into "the people's great march on DC", and were predictably arrested and charged with far too sever crimes for it.  While Trump did nothing that day to either fully cross the Rubicon, or to pardon them afterwards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My concern as well.  She stood strong during covid then folded like a cheap suit with the trans garbage.  No reason beyond someone figured out her price or her kryptonite.

Power has the latitude to do whatever power decides it has the latitude to do.  Pence opted for acting like every other fake conservative and hid behind his "principles" like a pacifist who'd rather see his family murdered than pick up a gun.

There was an army of supporters in DC on Jan 6.  A lot of people showed up armed with nothing but flags and a belief in truth but willing to stand for what was right.  Instead of fighting for the nation and Constitution Pence claims to hold so dear he caved just like the SC justices, took the easy way out and kissed the ring of his true master.

Plenty of brave men have stood against incredible odds.  Some died but resisted with their last drop of blood.  Pence had his chance and chose cowardice, corruption and an easy life.  I hope he weeps when he looks in the mirror thinking about the future his grandchildren will have.

Pence, or anyone else, had to have something to hang their hat on.  Court wins, states not certifying electors, something besides "I feel there were a lot of fraudulent ballots, so I'm not going to count those states, so Trump has more electors and is the winner, and so am I".

Trump during the election was as Trump always was - ego driven, lazy, and hired terrible and incompetent people to do the nitty gritty of detailed work.  

He loved big rallies as he got to be in front of people who loved him.

He was too lazy to get into the details of how the Democrats were using vote by mail fraud to stuff ballot boxes.

He hired tired, worn out fools like Rudy (!) to be both in charge of the pre-election work on this, as well as adding insult to injury by having that same old tired fool lead the legal challenges to it.

Then, after having nothing to hang any sort of hat on, expected Pence just to deem him the winner?  That's bananas republics stuff right there - I'm the VP and I'm still the VP next week, after I don't count these electoral votes.

Trump's heart was in the right place, and I loved his as president.  But the election was over after the 5 states in question (GA, AZ, PA, WI, MI) Republican Legislatures all voted to send Democrat electors to the electoral college.  No magic rabbits were coming out of hats after that.  

All that ended up happening was a lot of good folks were sent into a political meat grinder, without the political and media infrastructure to turn their actions into "the people's great march on DC", and were predictably arrested and charged with far too sever crimes for it.  While Trump did nothing that day to either fully cross the Rubicon, or to pardon them afterwards.

I wish I could poke a lot of holes in your points but you're not wrong.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Would be great if she were done after this term.

Her and the republican party here in South Dakota have proven they don't approve of freedom. They have now done this multiple times.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Her and the republican party here in South Dakota have proven they don't approve of freedom. They have now done this multiple times.
View Quote

LOL. South Dakota was the least restrictive state in the nation though the whole china virus hysteria. Good gun laws, decent property right protections, low taxes...

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@9divdoc I have a couple of sections of land I can sell you.
View Quote

I may buy something out that way soon.   Georgia has gone to the shitter.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well good thing you’re in CO. It’s totally free there...
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are free to go back to the bastion of freedom that is Colorado.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@9divdoc I have a couple of sections of land I can sell you.

Land around Rapid City is enormously expensive right now FYI.  It's the second hottest real estate market in the country.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't agree with her stance on cannabis but that is WAAAAAY down on my list of give a fucks. She's awesome and unless you live in SD your opinion means less than jack shit. She's an awesome governor and anyone who doesn't think so can fuck right off.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

After her father's death didn't she quit college come home work up a business plan and basically save the family farm?

She's quite the gal that one...
View Quote

Yes she did.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I like her arms.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't agree with her stance on cannabis but that is WAAAAAY down on my list of give a fucks. She's awesome and unless you live in SD your opinion means less than jack shit. She's an awesome governor and anyone who doesn't think so can fuck right off.
View Quote

You have to understand that particular kind of single issue voter. All they care about is getting high. Everything else is window dressing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weak attempt at trolling. The first bill she signed was Constitutional Carry and SD was the least restrictive during COVID when she refused to mandate restrictions. She clearly doesn't approve of freedom.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I like her arms.
View Quote

Her elbows are a little pokey for my taste.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure that the Democrats that will replace her will be much more in favor of your personal freedoms. LOL!
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, well, she wants people who don't live in SD to have an opinion, so she had better give us some reasons to have a good one. Or, as you suggest, we'll just fuck right off and pick someone else.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She didn't fold. The Bill was shit, and designed to fail in a challenge.
Not taking the RINO bait, is not folding.
She sent it back to be unfucked, and Constitutional.

Of course the media and RINO's ignored the truth in order to smear the gal.
View Quote
This. Lots of it.

WTF is wrong with some of you? Are you literally that uneducated about how this shit works that you just take the enemedia and RINO pantywaists at face value?

Noem's the real deal. From private property, lower taxes, PRO 2A, ect... But... Nope... Not good enough for some of you. And we wonder why the left is winning the culture war...
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

She folded like a cheap suit regarding that protection of women sports....

View Quote
Are all of you idiots copy/pasting from the same document?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ve met her at a local fundraiser.  Looks just as good in person.  Friendly as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Would let her sit on my face and suck her balloon knot until her insides imploded / 10.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#49]
She is squared away from a squared away state. Stand proud SD!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Desantis is as close to Trump as we will ever get again.
View Quote

Desantis seems to be a step up to Trump. He argues with the media like Trump, but does it intelligently using fact and reasons. A more polished Trump. Trump fought, and I loved him for it, but he has said some of the dumbest shit.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top