Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 706
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He addressed that earlier. He thought yesterday was Thursday. So may be done by Friday.
View Quote

Might be today if KMart Gary Oldman keeps up with his shenanigans
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

THEORY: He's hoping the judge declares a mistrial for prosecutorial misconduct, rather than have the jury exonerate Kyle (which might be enough to appease the woke mob rioters).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely, he has very strong legal technical skills but is terrible when dealing directly with a witness or developing an effective line of questioning. He also knows he can willfully violate legal precedent and longstanding norms without any real consequence.

THEORY: He's hoping the judge declares a mistrial for prosecutorial misconduct, rather than have the jury exonerate Kyle (which might be enough to appease the woke mob rioters).

Doesn't make much sense.  There's no benefit to defense raising that issue as they could do so on appeal if convicted and it's moot if acquitted. It would be quite the spectacle for prosecution to make that claim.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So prosecution in regards to defense testimony wants only to show the video but he wants to be able to have people testify as to what’s in everyone he shows to make this seem like a long drawn out event rather then the fast fluid dynamic situation it was.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it me or does Richards seem to be at the level of a Public defender.
View Quote

The other counsel is way more fluent and likeable
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
So did a use of force expert every testify?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He addressed that earlier. He thought yesterday was Thursday. So may be done by Friday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

He tried
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Where are you guys streaming this?
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLl6Hn9730I
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a lot to catch up on with this thread, but what is the pin/symbol on the prosecutor's jacket?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't see discussion on this, but when binger was asking Kyle about the GG shooting, he asked Kyle if his rifle was pointed at GG, and KR answered that it looks like it was pointed at his knees/legs.  In that 2D photo referenced it's almost impossible to tell the left/right angle of the rifle, only the up/down.  Would have been nice if KR picked up on that and said, I can't tell from that angle where the muzzle is pointed with any certainty.  Could have helped deny the argument that GG only raised his pistol because KR just pointed his rifle at him.  It's safe to say GG fully intended to shoot KR in the head after his "false surrender" and KR's extreme quick analysis and reaction is what saved his life.
View Quote

Lefty admitted he didn'tb shoot until he aimed at him. It was the faceplant moment of that particular witness for the da. He was just one of the parade of mistakes the prosecution made.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trying to.

Prosecution is trying to prevent some of his testimony.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He tried
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He tried

What happened?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/kyle-rittenhouse/watch-live-kyle-rittenhouse-jury-selection/

Paused because judge wants Black to copy video he is going to use for prosecutor.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a lot to catch up on with this thread, but what is the pin/symbol on the prosecutor's jacket?
View Quote

It means he’s a cunt
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've never killed anyone.  I don't ever want to kill anyone.  If I ever have to kill someone, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I wouldn't ever want to do it again.

Call me crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His life is not "ruined". If he's smart he'll parlay this whole thing into a great, easy life. If he's lucky hell get to add to his body/ capture count like Zimmerman did with the crazy road rage lady

I've never killed anyone.  I don't ever want to kill anyone.  If I ever have to kill someone, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I wouldn't ever want to do it again.

Call me crazy.

I have been involved in killing people before.  I would do it again if I had to; but, if it can be avoided, I certainly never want to kill anyone again.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
ADA keeps digging a hole and Fatlock keeps handing him more shovels.

The entire time between first shot to the last is less than 3min... Prosecution was making it look like nearly 20 min
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He's qualified for use of force, as well as using videos and enhancement programs.
View Quote

Seems like all the emphasis here is on the video - minutes and seconds, etc.  From what I'm seeing, use of force issues aren't even within the court's directions on what he's allowed to testify about.  Sheesh, I thought that was going to be the whole point of his testimony.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m using YouTube hosted PBS Rittenhouse Trial Live. Make sure it says “Live”, otherwise you’ll get earlier recorded sessions. My apologies if the link supplied already leads to my suggestion.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Step away for 10 minutes and this loser is already trying to keep the jury from hearing the truth.

Special place in hell for you, Binger.
View Quote

RL: Shouldn't have let Binger author that court order, by the way. (yeah, that's becoming obvious)
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally a potential timeline of events from start to end.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What happened?
View Quote

Prosecutor didn’t want to show the whole sequence of events in real time as it was all over and done in less than three minutes, which shits all over his presentation that drew everything out
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Why is the defense only now attempting to introduce an overall timeline that illustrates how quickly this whole event unfolded?

buffoonery
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Different state and obviously very different case but OJ was sued successfully for wrongful death by Rob Goldman's family after being acquitted in criminal court, so not necessarily.

That said, I hope he does spend quite a bit of time in civil court after this case is over. As a plaintiff.
View Quote

Yeah, depends on the state. Here in Kansas if you're no-billed or acquitted on self-defense charges you can't be brought to civil court.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Prosecutor didn’t want to show the whole sequence of events in real time as it was all over and done in less than three minutes, which shits all over his presentation that drew everything out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened?

Ah ok, so Dr Black is not just a video guy but use of force as well.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Who said that? WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed  brazen cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? SIR I SAID IT SIR! Well ... no shit. What have we got here, a fucking lawyer? Mr Littlebinger? I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister. You little scumbag! I've got your name! I've got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kerfuffle?  I want the SGM to show littlefinger a kerfuffle.

Who said that? WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed  brazen cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? SIR I SAID IT SIR! Well ... no shit. What have we got here, a fucking lawyer? Mr Littlebinger? I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister. You little scumbag! I've got your name! I've got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Littlefinger was the one who introduced "kerfuffle" in describing what would have been if the state had introduced evidence outside of agreed upon bounds etc.

Kerthfuffthle.  I think you need to kind of pronounce it as kerth-fuffthle to really bring out the smarm in which it rolled off his tongue.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why is the defense only now attempting to introduce an overall timeline that illustrates how quickly this whole event unfolded?

buffoonery
View Quote

Primacy and recency. You tend to open with and close with the things you most want the judge or jury to remember. They probably sandwiched Kyle in the middle in case things didn't go super well and want the last thing the jury heard from them to be just how quickly everything happened.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I violated this order which I drafted all week and the defense never objected, and now I'm objecting because the defense has to technically violate it to disprove the BS I put out when I was violating it and I want them to be unable to get the truth in front of the jury.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I violated this order which I drafted all week and the defense never objected, and now I'm objecting because the defense has to technically violate it to disprove the BS I put out when I was violating it and I want them to be unable to get the truth in front of the jury.
View Quote

Nice avatar by the way
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

By what I know, yes this is correct.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Why does the prosecutor address the judge while sitting?  I've never seen that before. Around here when you speak to a judge you do so from your feet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened?

Doesn't seem to be a UOF expert in this trial.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why does the prosecutor address the judge while sitting?  I've never seen that before. Around here when you speak to a judge you do so from your feet.
View Quote

Because he's a cunt
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

He has done so several times at this point. It's virtue signalling that he is on 'the right side' of the this. Loads of morons on the left think they are somehow the Rebel Alliance fighting the good fight against the Evil Empire of the right. Somehow they fail to see the logical incongruity of claiming to be the plucky underdogs whilst they control almost every single governmental and societal institution, and the vast majority of the media in the country does nothing but parrot their warped worldview.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because is ass is still sore from yesterday?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/kyle-rittenhouse/watch-live-kyle-rittenhouse-jury-selection/

Paused because judge wants Black to copy video he is going to use for prosecutor.
View Quote
PBS News Hour feed without any talking heads or commentors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyppmuFxwKk
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#40]
In police shooting cases, there's always an instruction like this:

The relevant facts should be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, not with 20/20 hindsight vision.
View Quote

I wonder if there's something similar they can use under Wisconsin law.... Because Rittenhouse is being held to a standard of reasonableness way in excess of even law enforcement.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because he's a cunt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he's a cunt

This seems to answer a lot of the questions
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The thing is, what the prosecutor says is not evidence and should not have to even be rebutted. It is inappropriate injection of facts not in evidence, and which are in fact false. Once it's happened though, one option would be to request a curative instruction from the judge directing the jury to disregard everything the prosecutor said about ammo, etc. But of course, a bell can't be unrung. I might just attack the prosecutor in my closing argument. Beat him at his own game. Attack his credibility. Mr. Binger said x, y and z about ammunition. You didn't hear any evidence presented about that, did you? In fact, he's full of shit and absolutely making things up that are false.

I would have argued all of this in motions in limine prior to the start of the trial. I've actually done this before. A year or so ago I was set to try a case against lawyers who were prepared to tell the jury that AR15s were "weapons of mass murder" and filed a MIL up front to object to it before the trial even started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why Kyle's lawyers should have objected to absolutely every bit of firearms broscience the prosecutors spewed from their pieholes.

I did a youtube video last night on this case, and someone said in the comments something about playing a drinking game every time the prosecutor said AR15. It used to be AKs that were demonized by prosecutors. But it's definitely the AR now. Which is a threat to all of us. And ironically to cops as well.

Wouldn't there be value in allowing him to spout all that rubbish & then later coming back with experts to  demonstrate that everything he said was nonsense?
If you stop him from talking, the jury might never know how uneducated he is, or how much he's willing to lie to get his conviction.
Legit question, not an argument.

The thing is, what the prosecutor says is not evidence and should not have to even be rebutted. It is inappropriate injection of facts not in evidence, and which are in fact false. Once it's happened though, one option would be to request a curative instruction from the judge directing the jury to disregard everything the prosecutor said about ammo, etc. But of course, a bell can't be unrung. I might just attack the prosecutor in my closing argument. Beat him at his own game. Attack his credibility. Mr. Binger said x, y and z about ammunition. You didn't hear any evidence presented about that, did you? In fact, he's full of shit and absolutely making things up that are false.

I would have argued all of this in motions in limine prior to the start of the trial. I've actually done this before. A year or so ago I was set to try a case against lawyers who were prepared to tell the jury that AR15s were "weapons of mass murder" and filed a MIL up front to object to it before the trial even started.

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Around here the police officers coming in with any uniform except dress blues would be a big no no. Detectives could do suits but no way would BDUs and outer carriers be acceptable.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He has done so several times at this point. It's virtue signalling that he is on 'the right side' of the this. Loads of morons on the left think they are somehow the Rebel Alliance fighting the good fight against the Evil Empire of the right. Somehow they fail to see the logical incongruity of claiming to be the plucky underdogs whilst they control almost every single governmental and societal institution, and the vast majority of the media in the country does nothing but parrot their warped worldview.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pop Culture is the religion of the left

Many such examples
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

He works for the Empire.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Different state and obviously very different case but OJ was sued successfully for wrongful death by Rob Goldman's family after being acquitted in criminal court, so not necessarily.

That said, I hope he does spend quite a bit of time in civil court after this case is over. As a plaintiff.
View Quote

I think there's a difference between a court saying you acted in legitimate self defense and a court saying we can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt you did it. The latter clearly opens it up for 51% civil proof he did it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

buffoonery
View Quote

My guess is to show the jury that they have been mislead by the prosecution.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's an intentional display of disrespect.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#50]
So there is NO use of force expert for the defense. Huh, thought that was something they had. News to me.
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top