Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 706
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Prosecution blew it up on objection so it's been nerfed and is largely pointless, now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly who and what is going on with this video stuff right now?

Prosecution blew it up on objection so it's been nerfed and is largely pointless, now
No.  The objection was to how the clips and points of interest were labeled.  The labeling was fine if he was qualified for use of force in this trial, but he was not, and these qualifications were established quite some time back, and as such, that commentary should have been removed from anything to which he might be using in today's testimony.

If this last minute change interrupts the flow of how the defense presents their evidence, look, that's entirely on the defense team and their expert.  Entirely.  This was foreseeable.  So foreseeable, that I would have had two sets of testimony ready to go.  One with the commentary, just in case the prosecution was napping, and one without.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Cripes.... "the time between the 2nd and 3rd shots was .247 seconds..."  

I need to go mow the lawn or something, this is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is what I thought as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took that to mean that when he talks about the video timeline he can only talk about certain previously agreed upon stuff.

Not that he couldn't talk about use of force which is outside the ADA's specific objection.............

That is what I thought as well.

We'll find out I guess..............
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I took that to mean that when he talks about the video timeline he can only talk about certain previously agreed upon stuff.

Not that he couldn't talk about use of force which is outside the ADA's specific objection.............
View Quote

According to the lawyers, during prelims they agreed to not invite UOF testimony and the prosecution wouldn't bring theirs.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

According to the lawyers, during prelims they agreed to not invite UOF testimony and the prosecution wouldn't bring theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah gotcha........thanks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No.  The objection was to how the clips and points of interest were labeled.  The labeling was fine if he was qualified for use of force in this trial, but he was not, and these qualifications were established quite some time back, and as such, that commentary should have been removed from anything to which he might be using in today's testimony.

If this last minute change interrupts the flow of how the defense presents their evidence, look, that's entirely on the defense team and their expert.  Entirely.  This was foreseeable.  So foreseeable, that I would have had two sets of testimony ready to go.  One with the commentary, just in case the prosecution was napping, and one without.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly who and what is going on with this video stuff right now?

Yeah, I got caught in the moment

Going lot better now, I didn't get how the state has been making it look like the event took 20+ minute but I went back and watched yesterday and understand the context for this now
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Primacy and recency. You tend to open with and close with the things you most want the judge or jury to remember. They probably sandwiched Kyle in the middle in case things didn't go super well and want the last thing the jury heard from them to be just how quickly everything happened.
View Quote

I understand that and this guy could drive that home but obviously getting that on the record was a gamble based on the long sidebar.   A good backup would have been nailing down the time of his attempted surrender with the cop's testimony and the time of the initial confrontation with another witness, at least with that you could get a timeline in with your closing.  

Just seemed risky the way it's being done seeing as it's so critical.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, you’d like to think that the expert witness testimony would be more impressive. I don’t think this has been much help so far.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have busted on Lucas in the past but that is legit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have busted on Lucas in the past but that is legit.

People will trash him over wearing a helicopter hook in his armor (yeah its nerdy but who cares?) While smearing an ally of the 2nd. We love eating our own for not passing purity tests.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Expert witness is establishing time between 4 shots KR fired into Rosenbaum - 3/4 of a second for all 4
View Quote

So the ADA can’t break it down one by one and claim KR should have stopped at one or two or three.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm gonna laugh if the prosecution pulls some BS like trying to claim it's a machinegun now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So the ADA can’t break it down one by one and claim KR should have stopped at one or two or three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Expert witness is establishing time between 4 shots KR fired into Rosenbaum - 3/4 of a second for all 4

That's my take.............
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

People will trash him over wearing a helicopter hook in his armor (yeah its nerdy but who cares?) While smearing an ally of the 2nd. We love eating our own for not passing purity tests.
View Quote

My ragging him was about mixing 5.56 and 300BO in a mess of the back of his vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Shot 1 to shot 2 - .263

Shot 2 to shot 3 - .247

Shot 3 to shot 4 - .229

Kyle's finger was warming up and getting faster as he went.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
The jury is going to get bored here pretty quickly if they can't tie this into a story the Defense is trying to paint.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#16]
This is a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#17]
What's on the agenda after Dr. Black's testimony is finished?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#18]
We couldn’t get the kid a better tie?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Defense was arguing that State spending an hour on 30 frames which comprised less than a second (Rosembaum shooting) needed context from the expert witness.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So there is NO use of force expert for the defense. Huh, thought that was something they had. News to me.
View Quote

I think Barnes had a whole bunch of various experts working on this for Kyle but he and his efforts were sidelined by the defense team right before trial.

very foolish on their part.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]
My favorite part of today's feed from RL (so far) was the phrase "Resting Binger Face"
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the jury even in the courtroom right now or are the lawyers just reviewing what Black is going to say/show?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is a clusterfuck.
View Quote

I've been on quite a few juries and this happens a lot from what I experienced.

It did get irritating.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is the jury even in the courtroom right now or are the lawyers just reviewing what Black is going to say/show?
View Quote

I think they are in the jury room.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The jury is going to get bored here pretty quickly if they can't tie this into a story the Defense is trying to paint.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. If the attention spans of a bunch of ARFCommers are getting thin, imagine not being a gun person and listening to this.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jury is present
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Around here the police officers coming in with any uniform except dress blues would be a big no no. Detectives could do suits but no way would BDUs and outer carriers be acceptable.
View Quote

There are cops there not in “class a” or equivalent business attire at a nationally televised trial?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Lunch break at work the view was on.  As expected they completely misrepresented the event.  Said he chased the first guy and none of them were armed.  Last two were only trying to save others from an active shooter.  Cops let him go home that night because he wasn’t black.  

Media needs to be held responsible for inciting riots with false information.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We couldn’t get the kid a better tie?
View Quote

Today we dress Mobster style
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What's on the agenda after Dr. Black's testimony is finished?
View Quote

Hopefully something much more compelling. This entire presentation is poor at best
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Going downhill.  This is not really helping.  Defense better make it a point to rehash this on closing in a much better flowing commentary
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think Barnes had a whole bunch of various experts working on this for Kyle but he and his efforts were sidelined by the defense team right before trial.

very foolish on their part.
View Quote

Yep. Richards should have been off the team or at least in the background. I can point to several points where he has lagged the jury. He has hurt more than he has helped overall.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#33]
WTH are they trying to prove by playing slowed videos?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Man, you’d like to think that the expert witness testimony would be more impressive. I don’t think this has been much help so far.
View Quote
It's hours and hours and hours of prep between the attorney and the expert to make this go well.  That's really hard to get in new prep time during the week of a trial.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why is the defense only now attempting to introduce an overall timeline that illustrates how quickly this whole event unfolded?

buffoonery
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
BOOMER TECH DEFENSE
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is a clusterfuck.
View Quote

Cant see the video and this is getting a little drawn out, needs to land somewhere
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Sad that he didn't kill Jump'n Jack.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Shut the fuck up and play the unedited and unaltered videos at real time speed.

You can talk about it and analyze it later.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I hope they're getting to some bombshell revelation because this BS of 2 minutes finding and indexing a 1-3 second video, then rinse and repeat is all just so tiresome.
"Play... STOP.  Have you slowed this video?"
wait, wait, wait.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
.23 splits.  Nice work, Kyle.
View Quote

All hits, but some are out of the A zone
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We couldn't get the kid a better tie?
View Quote
Yeah that maroon with yellow and grey stripe is awful.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Haven't watch the slow-motion since it happened

Kyle was dead if this goes any other way, both his individual skill and luck played a huge role in his survival
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Going downhill.  This is not really helping.  Defense better make it a point to rehash this on closing in a much better flowing commentary
View Quote

Defense has been outstanding.  Some of this stuff is very boring, but it must be put on the record.  Especially if they are going to push for a summary judgement.  Also, the closing argument is where this type of boring stuff can be summarized to make a point that may resonate with the Jury or even a single jurist.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#45]
The slow mo video couldn't have been more clear.

He was assulted while running away, kicked in the face on the ground, battered with a skate board and bicep man advanced on him pointing a gun.

There is zero room for anything other than self defense.

The defense could not have made it any more clear.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#46]
While necessary this is pretty boring.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's hours and hours and hours of prep between the attorney and the expert to make this go well.  That's really hard to get in new prep time during the week of a trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I’m sure. From a layman’s perspective though, there just hasn’t been much value added by this testimony so far today. He may prove me wrong as they get rolling, I’m hoping so at least.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
While necessary this is pretty boring.
View Quote

Better they did it in the morning but man it's snoozer watching the live stream
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think Binger is better then people here are giving him credit for. He is an utterly horrible, contempatble shitbird of a human being but even with his condescension and snark towards the judge, he is pulling out all the stops to prosecute his case.
He is running into difficulties that he probably doesn't usually face (a judge that is less then friendly towards him) but I bet he has a pretty solid record of convictions as well as throwing cases without getting caught when the agenda deems it.

View Quote

He’s not dumb, he knows what he’s doing. Time will tell if he flew too close to the sun
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
ADA got the expert witness and the Defense council off their game
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top