BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I wouldn’t kick that out of bed for eating crackers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Once upon a time ML's company was the one to look to for AR trends and high quality products.

The king has fallen.
View Quote
Every  popular company here eventually falls from grace. ARFCOM is a fickle place.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish he would make more rails amd send me the one I bought instead of doing weird shit like this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I love and own Larue rifles, but that’s just plain hideous to me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
God I love my LaRue rifles. That's just silly.  And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Mark knew it.

Mark actually seems like the kind of guy who would take a few minutes out of his day to think up shit that would trigger GD.
View Quote

I think this is the best theory so far....

I love my Larue rifles.  I think Mark Larue is an asshole, I would only last 15 seconds around him before I would have to leave, seen his videos and he seems to be a real pice of crap.  But the man does make a very nice rifle...and I have a fair number of them in my collection

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
someone needs to attach this to the top rail on a desert eagle
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this Satire?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it were Geissele, itd be $300 and sold out already
View Quote

Yep.  Just like those Geissele scopes no one bought.

I do recall Bill selling $7 D&H mags with a “Geissele” floor plate for $22.  I also remember him selling his slings for $160.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, they make good mounts, triggers, and barrels. I guess they make other stuff too. I’ll file this one under “other stuff”.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m a larue guy but for fucks sake. Take the man’s company away. He has so many things that stay back ordered and he’s machining this retard abomination.

It’s so bad my brain thinks it has its be a troll.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I do recall Bill selling $7 D&H mags with a “Geissele” floor plate for $22.  I also remember him selling his slings for $160.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#IWANTSUPERMARKEDUPPRECISION
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys aren’t thinking outside the box.

This makes it easy to set your BUIS up for shooting gangster style.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill makes nice stuff, but based on some accessories he’s released he certainly doesn’t mind fucking the fans on price.

I remember when he got called out for the mag prices and only then decided to bring the price down to low Earth orbit.

It wasn’t even post Sandy hook or during Covid.  I could go to any online retailer and get the same D&H mags for $7-8.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Should have made it with a canted mount so you can blade at 45
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The OBR got discontinued,.....but hey we have this now

Unabashed LaRue guy but this one really seems weird.
View Quote

I didn't believe the text above until I just went and checked it myself. Why would he do that? Maybe they weren't selling?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I really like those 1-6 scopes. It’s got a great reticle design. Only trouble is made in Japan can’t compete price and quality for made in China anymore.

Those slings sold like hotcakes. Never thought they would as 1st gen with all machined metal sliders and loops.  Way cheaper now with a GRF slider and stamped aluminum loops
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like those 1-6 scopes. It’s got a great reticle design. Only trouble is made in Japan can’t compete price and quality for made in China anymore.

Those slings sold like hotcakes. Never thought they would as 1st gen with all machined metal sliders and loops.  Way cheaper now with a GRF slider and stamped aluminum loops

Well… this is awkward… Jk.

You make nice stuff, but $160 for a sling is fucking wild.  That they “sold like hotcakes” is even wilder.

I will concede that you have a very successful firearms business and I sure as fuck don’t so I do congratulate you on being able to successfully sell a $160 sling.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Wtf. Because when I'm hiking, I definitely enjoy carrying shit in my hands, like a briefcase.

Eta: a Caligula handle, Jesus Christ
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You make nice stuff, but $160 for a sling is fucking wild.  That they “sold like hotcakes” is even wilder.

I will concede that you have a very successful firearms business and I sure as fuck don’t so I do congratulate you on being able to successfully sell a $160 sling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of people for whom $160 is nothing, and having 1st gen Geissele gear is easily worth it.

I paid $40 second hand for one of his bolt catches once (back when they were like $20 new) because I wanted it RIGHT NOW and G was out of stock

I think I bought it from whiskersthecat lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well  this is awkward  Jk.

You make nice stuff, but $160 for a sling is fucking wild.  That they "sold like hotcakes" is even wilder.

I will concede that you have a very successful firearms business and I sure as fuck don't so I do congratulate you on being able to successfully sell a $160 sling.
View Quote
I would not personally spend $160 on an AR sling, but go to a site like Blue Force Gear, choose a padded sling and start adding all of the options for metal hardware instead of plastic, and sewn in attachments, and you'll probably be approaching that price pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is that so you don't have to mount a front sight on a bendy rail?

View Quote

Larue rails may be a lot of things, but bendy ain't one of em.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wish the logo were larger.
Remember the paint mixers he used to send out?
View Quote

I have like three of them. Are they worth something? Can I eBay them?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The craziest part to me is that Larue and Docter were the first companies I can recall making mounts for little red dots. They literally solved this problem better like 15 years ago.
View Quote

They made the Irondot, a mount for the Docter, the only micro red dot at the time, so you could mount it in place of the rear sight of an AK.

How many of those could Mark sell these days?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Just the thing for a modernized M16k clone, i guess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I didn't believe the text above until I just went and checked it myself. Why would he do that? Maybe they weren't selling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ,308 PredatAR too. I was going to recommend one to a friend. Nope, gone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Man, ARFCOM has totally lost its sense of humor.  Jeez, ya'll miserable these days.
View Quote

+1

This has to be a joke.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didnt Dueck Defense do this about 10 years ago. Am I the only one who remembers that? Maybe it was someone else, but I swear someone did it a while back.
View Quote

I thought it was Dueck too, and they may have had one as well, but I think it was JP. It had adjustable sights and could use tritium sights iirc for night work.

I know the running joke is Mark is still living in 2008, but damn, that’s pretty accurate. These came out pre 2010….

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#28]
No way this is real.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy is going to drive his company into the ground. I remember back in 2005-2007(?) when LaRue was one of the best companies around too…what a shame.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There are a lot of people for whom $160 is nothing, and having 1st gen Geissele gear is easily worth it.

I paid $40 second hand for one of his bolt catches once (back when they were like $20 new) because I wanted it RIGHT NOW and G was out of stock

I think I bought it from whiskersthecat lol
View Quote

I'd imagine $160 is nothing to the vast majority of the site's membership, but a $160 G sling is in no way functionally better than 2-3 Vicker's sling.  I suppose it's not unreasonable to think it might become a collectible, as that's basically what KAC is.

I own lots of G stuff and think highly of the quality of it, even the dreaded MK16.  My beef is the price of the sling and mags that were out of whack.

Bill seems like a nice guy though and gets product into people's hands, so we can get back to running Larue into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#32]
There’s no way that’s real…
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The guy is going to drive his company into the ground. I remember back in 2005-2007(?) when LaRue was one of the best companies around too…what a shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mdavis

My Larue rifles are outstanding, some of the finest rifles I own and my collection includes DD, LMT and KAC.  I cant believe they issued this and to give it a comical name like C-Note due to the cost, is crazy.  

If Larue would focus on what has worked in the past, like the UU kits.  These UU kits were outstanding, the absolute best buy for a top tier AR, period.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm hopeful it's an early April fools joke, but I'm honestly not sure. After all, they do actually sell the stupid leather scope carry strap as well as the bumper sticker mount for your hitch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@mdavis

My Larue rifles are outstanding, some of the finest rifles I own and my collection includes DD, LMT and KAC.  I cant believe they issued this and to give it a comical name like C-Note due to the cost, is crazy.  

If Larue would focus on what has worked in the past, like the UU kits.  These UU kits were outstanding, the absolute best buy for a top tier AR, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mdavis

Totally agree. Love my OBR, but they can’t get stuff out the door as it stands, and apparently focus machine time on stuff like this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#36]
That can’t be real. Can it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@mdavis

View Quote

My .308 UU kit was a steal for what you get. If he made nothing but UU and MBT's he could make money hand over fist. Its a shame too because I'd really like another UU kit or two.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What a fucking dumb idea.

Let's see, what other dumb or terrible shit has Larue been throwing out there recently..

Ugly ass furniture
Rails uglier than Rosie O'Donald
Suppressors that are dog shit
A half-baked bolt gun with weird ass barrel choices and ugly furniture for way too much money
Leather "I'm too big of a baby to hold my rifle" carrying strap contraption

I doubt business is doing very good at all.
View Quote

LaRue makes some amazing shit. But…… when the market is saturated with stuff 1/4th the price that is 9/10th as good……. I guess you get a little bat shit
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I love it, I want to put it on all my rifles, but can he make the Larue font bigger? I want it to be seen from space.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Two ordered to watch the tide pod eaters go apoplectic
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Two ordered to watch the tide pod eaters go apoplectic
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I was hoping for a barrel attachment that rings in middle C every time you fire.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Was this a collab with BeuwolfX?
View Quote

GREAT QUESTION!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This was designed to piss off every Arfcommer.
View Quote

Pretty much
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Battery free BUIS.

For some reason, I feel like the current BUIS offerings on the market already do this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I have purchased many LaRue rings, and think they're the best options on the market.  I love the RAT stock, and his rear iron sight.

But this, and the scope handle thing, are full derp.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Well if you put that on an AR pistol, nobody could claim it has rifle sights on it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Every  popular company here eventually falls from grace. ARFCOM is a fickle place.

View Quote

You can’t sell the same AR accessories for literal decades and expect to stay top dog. KAC, Daniel Defense, Geissele, Midwest Industries, they’re all pretty much main stays at this point as they put the effort into staying ahead. Larue gives us this…..

I like Larue, but they peaked over a decade ago and it’s by choice they stay that way. Good stuff and his choice, but you can’t blame people for wanting more. Mark does fine and probably doesn’t give a shit anyway.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#49]
“The LaRue C-Note, for when you need to make the money shot.” I mean that’s some marketing right there!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Was there an untapped market of people who woke up this morning thinking I wish I had a pistol slide on my AR?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top