User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone who sprays an animal in the face with bleach is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So "nuisance" is the magic word for being morally justified in killing anything? So if a kid becomes a nuisance and runs through your yard. ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it. How hard is it to keep the removal of nuisance animals to yourself? SS and shut the fuck up. Then you won't have to talk to the police about it.

So "nuisance" is the magic word for being morally justified in killing anything? So if a kid becomes a nuisance and runs through your yard. ...

I don't kill feral cats anymore.   That would be illegal.

My dog, on the other hand, cares nothing for the law.   He's a bit of an anarchist killing machine, the bugger.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
At least in prison he can get his tattoos finished
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've asked twice and no one has responded.  Perhaps you can tell me how you get a feral cat to stand still and take a spray of any liquid into its face?  Any idea how that works?  You sure as heck can't grab them, and they don't stay still and look at you at close range while you spray a spray bottle at them.  How would you spray bleach into their eyes?  

I have a theory--he sprayed bleach in their direction in an effort to get them to leave, and the news media changed that to "sprayed bleach in their eyes" in order to make the story more dramatic.  It's comical to me how the news media isn't questioned in a case like this, but are routinely viewed as pathological lying assholes by the membership here.  It's ironic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've asked twice and no one has responded.  Perhaps you can tell me how you get a feral cat to stand still and take a spray of any liquid into its face?  Any idea how that works?  You sure as heck can't grab them, and they don't stay still and look at you at close range while you spray a spray bottle at them.  How would you spray bleach into their eyes?  

I have a theory--he sprayed bleach in their direction in an effort to get them to leave, and the news media changed that to "sprayed bleach in their eyes" in order to make the story more dramatic.  It's comical to me how the news media isn't questioned in a case like this, but are routinely viewed as pathological lying assholes by the membership here.  It's ironic.

Can you provide anything substantial that supports your theory?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I still think the guy lured the cats into his basement, probably with some sort of bait.

Did not that older woman interviewed  state that 5 of the neighbourhood cats were missing ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Cats broke into his basement?

Or he put them there?

Fine line between exterminating a nuisance animal (understandable) and being a sick bastard who gets their jollies from killing stuff (not so much).

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:55:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Closet psychopath.

I appreciate it when people out themselves to me about their blanket  hatred for cats, it's one of my key indicators you're not one to be trusted.

Note I said "hatred" not ""dislike".

Unlike a dog  (I love dogs) a cat is a naturally distrusting animal. You have to earn a cats trust, before they will open up to you.

A cat can see straight into the soul of an inherently evil person.

If you are a fucked up individual a cat will see you for who you really are and will have nothing to do with you, hence why they hate cats.

This is my theory anyway.

View Quote

I didn't care much for cats before we got one, and they didn't like me.

Now cats that hate EVERYONE come up to me and start the head butting bit.

They definitely can tell if you like them or not, and it's probably a body language thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Well it's easy to tell who got hit on the head while watching disney movies as a child.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:09:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They definitely can tell if you like them or not, and it's probably a body language thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Closet psychopath.

I appreciate it when people out themselves to me about their blanket  hatred for cats, it's one of my key indicators you're not one to be trusted.

Note I said "hatred" not ""dislike".

Unlike a dog  (I love dogs) a cat is a naturally distrusting animal. You have to earn a cats trust, before they will open up to you.

A cat can see straight into the soul of an inherently evil person.

If you are a fucked up individual a cat will see you for who you really are and will have nothing to do with you, hence why they hate cats.

This is my theory anyway.

They're actually trying to knock you over so they can reach your jugular with their teeth.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:09:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sure--IM me your address and I will ship you a feral cat, a spray bottle, a gallon of bleach, and some leather gloves.  You spray the cat with the bleach and let us know how it works out.  

Do you have a better theory?
View Quote

While I appreciate your offer, I must decline. When I was a teenager I encountered a feral cat in my garage and sprayed it in the face with water from a distance of three feet. It turned and put as much distance between us as possible. I don't pretend to know how all interactions with feral cats will play out, but I do think that the gymnastics on display in this thread are interesting. It's not normal behavior to throw bleach onto or at feral cats, and beating feral cats to death with a hockey stick is certainly not normal behavior (in fact, it's an accepted indicator of psychopathic tendencies). Even if we take your theory of media manipulation at face value, we still run into the uncomfortable fact that he beat multiple feral cats to death with a hockey stick.

As far as "a better theory": Occam's Razor applies. He encountered feral cats, he decided it was a good idea to throw bleach on or at them, then beat them to death with a blunt object. I figured this was the case before I saw his picture...seeing his picture leaves me satisfied in my theory.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sure--IM me your address and I will ship you a feral cat, a spray bottle, a gallon of bleach, and some leather gloves.  You spray the cat with the bleach and let us know how it works out.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure why you seem to think that spraying a cat with a squirt bottle is some impossible feat.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And he's been arrested for it.  What more do you want?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
we still run into the uncomfortable fact that he beat multiple feral cats to death with a hockey stick.

And he's been arrested for it.  What more do you want?

Nothing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
LOL, the cat hippies know exactly what happened and already have this guy convicted.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Was the rat or roach someone's beloved pet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is disturbing

I love my cat

But I wonder how many people would be outraged if you changed cat to rat or roach.

Was the rat or roach someone's beloved pet?

My beloved pet stays in my home safe
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much this.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Common sense based on how feral cats react to humans
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's kinda sad that you put children on the same level as feral cats. It shows a real lack of value for human life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it. How hard is it to keep the removal of nuisance animals to yourself? SS and shut the fuck up. Then you won't have to talk to the police about it.

It's kinda sad that you put children on the same level as feral cats. It shows a real lack of value for human life.

Most humans are not worth a shit
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This past July, my family moved several hundred miles from a very rural area where we lived on some acreage to the suburbs of a decently sized city so I could go back to school.  Knowing we were going to be moving into a more urban area, we started down sizing our pet population.  We had horses, dogs, ducks, chickens, guinea pigs, fish, a cat, and probably more that I am thinking about.  The ONLY pet we kept was our ten year old cat that we took in who had been a stay.

After moving, we noticed a tabby that wandered the neighborhood day and night, but did not seem to belong to anyone.  In asking several neighbors about it, we were told the cat was a stray who had belonged to a family that moved out several years ago and had gone feral.

Within a month and a half, twice I was woken up to hear this cat and my cat fighting in my living room.  The feral cat was coming into my house through the cat door my cat used at 0200 to try to eat my cats food and my cat was not having it.  Additionally, my cat and this cat got into several fights in my back yard where this cat felt entitled to go.

Two of these fights resulted in my cat going to the vet and almost a thousand dollars in vet bills.

One night, I was awake at 0200 or so working on my laptop in the living room with the lights out so I would not disturb my family when this feral cat came into the house and helped itself to my cats food.  I was able to capture the cat, take it outside, and put a suppressed .22lr round into its skull to prevent it from hurting my cat again.

If anyone thinks any of that makes me a "cat hater", a "psychopath", that I should not have a cat door for my cat to go in and out, or thinks someone should do the same to me, then I am not really sure what to say.  Some of you need to get a grip on yourselves.
View Quote

^ This is a rational, non cruel way to get rid of a nuisance animal.

I've caught two stray cats in my neighborhood. They were both pretty young, and probably from the same litter.
I caught them and brought them to the humane society here because local animal control only traps and euthanizes.
I went back a few weeks later and asked about them, they had been spayed/neutered given vaccinations and medical care and were adopted.
Could I have killed them? Sure. I could have killed them in any number of ways.

Nowhere in the article does it mention that the cats were feral or domesticated, adult or juvenile. Just that the dude sprayed them with bleach and killed them with a hockey stick. I highly doubt if they were feral he would have been able to spray bleach in their eyes.
Not knowing the situation I can't say what I would do, but beating an animal to death probably wouldn't be the way I would pick.
If they weren't feral I wouldn't kill them if I could possibly avoid it. Catching a cat that's cornered really isn't that hard, and animal control will come do it for free.

I have no compassion for someone who harms animals for fun. I'm not talking about killing vermin or feral animals.
IMHO this guy tried deliberately to inflict pain and suffering on the animals and people that enjoy that kind of thing are not right in the head.
I have shot aggressive dogs on a fob before and once we got traps I stopped doing it because the NATO vets would pick up the traps and eauthanize them.

I like animals. Some are more delicious than others. I just don't like to see living things suffer.
Dudes probably a psycho that tortures animals. I hope he gets a fair trial and if convicted gets an appropriate sentence.

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top