Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
@Frost7

Was it a bobcat?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That dude is gangsta, major props.

A dog is family and is protected as such.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
dog
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Video won't load for me.  Tag to try again later.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Poor doggie. Always carry and that other dog was useless.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]
That second dog was like, "I'll help ya buddy...never mind bro, you're on your own!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd probably be stupid enough to do the same thing.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Very sad all around.
Nature, you scary.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
That. Was. Gnarly!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought the guy whacked his dog’s leg with the machete in the beginning.  It’s left leg was obviously broken.  Sucks all around for the pooch.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Cougars belong in the wild woods, domesticated dogs do not. One thing I like about the national parks is nobody can bring their dogs on the trail.

I don't hate dogs, but I value the wildlife more than the need for a canine companion in the woods. Unless you're mushing. Then you're just badass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#12]
jfc vidmax is aids

someone post a link to another site
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Put a 12ga slug through about a 135# wild hogs head from point blank between it's eye and ear and that sucker still charged for what felt like 30-45 seconds.

Wild animals are tough as nails.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow
It sucks about his dog, but imagine having a video of yourself standing with your foot on the neck of the cougar you just killed with a machete
View Quote

Id rather have my dog. Fuck the video.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if he gets rug burn on his dick from it dragging around.  The black dog seemed interested in a scrap, yellow dog was a straight up victim.  Good chop.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Stabby > Choppy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hardcore
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had something like this a few days before Christmas in 2017 except with a smaller wildcat, I was the target and not a dog, and I had a tomahawk, not a machete.

https://i.imgur.com/VHGxjcE.jpg

(A lot of the red stuff is also mine)

That was a very strange day, and the $13,000 hospital bill made me very thankful for insurance.

The tomahawk worked, but if I could go back I'd have had a gun on me 11 times out of 10. I spiked the fucking cat through the skull four times including burying it in its eye clear up to the shaft and the fucking thing just yelled at me and kept attacking like it was the fucking exorcist and didn't need a brain to keep fighting. Flipped it around and swung with every ounce of strength I had with the axe blade to its forehead over and over while it was literally trying to take my left hand off and was clawing my forearm. Tenth blow it suddenly went into slow motion, eleventh blow cracked its skull open and dumped blood all over the place and the fight was over. I had a one-handed Christmas that year (thankfully everything healed up back to 100%).

Got the rabies vaccine just in case, but the tests came back negative. Goddamn cat was just a savage monster.
View Quote

Fuuuuck
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Put a 12ga slug through about a 135# wild hogs head from point blank between it's eye and ear and that sucker still charged for what felt like 30-45 seconds.

View Quote
300wsm literally 1/4inch in one's asshole. Waited 45 mins to go in to palmetto scrub to get him.
He took a 6mm rem to the sturnum from 10 yards .and then  turned on me  when I jumped over a palmetto bush and  I planted 4 9mms to melon finally dropped him.
I posted pics years ago..he was longer than my Silverado tale gate...and had tusk long as my index fingers
Big black stanky fucker
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had something like this a few days before Christmas in 2017 except with a smaller wildcat, I was the target and not a dog, and I had a tomahawk, not a machete.

That was a very strange day, and the $13,000 hospital bill made me very thankful for insurance.

The tomahawk worked, but if I could go back I'd have had a gun on me 11 times out of 10. I spiked the fucking cat through the skull four times including burying it in its eye clear up to the shaft and the fucking thing just yelled at me and kept attacking like it was the fucking exorcist and didn't need a brain to keep fighting. Flipped it around and swung with every ounce of strength I had with the axe blade to its forehead over and over while it was literally trying to take my left hand off and was clawing my forearm. Tenth blow it suddenly went into slow motion, eleventh blow cracked its skull open and dumped blood all over the place and the fight was over. I had a one-handed Christmas that year (thankfully everything healed up back to 100%).

Got the rabies vaccine just in case, but the tests came back negative. Goddamn cat was just a savage monster.
View Quote

Fuck*** savage! I heard of a guy who was attacked in NM and he said he felt powerless against the mountain lion. His dad came running while firing a handgun and the cat ran.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I had a mountain lion run a couple feet in front of me on a trail a few years ago, and then ran back across the trail behind me the ladies screaming gave it away. They look way bigger in person and this one was tagged.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Florida Cougther "crossed between a cougar and panther" and her Kitten living on my street, I think i need to carry a bigger gun in the trials
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#24]
You'd think, living in a rural area like that, the guy would have a pistol handy. Poor dog didn't look well afterwards.
I was waiting for the guy to plunge that blade rather than hack away.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#25]

LOL! You win!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#26]
If I ever kill a cougar in a situation like that, I would damn well have a necklace made of cougar teeth and claws afterwards.  Just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That had to be the dullest machete ever.  I saw a video a few years back from Nepal where a dude beheaded a 2,000 lb bull with a khukri with a single swing.
View Quote

Which is why I carry an Ang Khola Khukri over a machete.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit! What did you do with the corpse? After that mess I'd have made something embarrassing and contemptible with the hide, like a litter box rug.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Bad kitty
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You'd think, living in a rural area like that, the guy would have a pistol handy. Poor dog didn't look well afterwards.
I was waiting for the guy to plunge that blade rather than hack away.
View Quote

Happened in Canada
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That had to be the dullest machete ever.  I saw a video a few years back from Nepal where a dude beheaded a 2,000 lb bull with a khukri with a single swing.
View Quote

Things that never happened for a $1000.

Full of shit...
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

And another...
Save the story for boy scout camp people.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Good kill. Fuck anything that messes with dogs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I am not sure if I could take down a cougar with a mechete, but if my family or dog is involved I will die trying.

And yes, I would die for my doge. We are thunder buddies for life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Good hack.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn. I need my insurance already. Waiting 90 days blows nuts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Pound for pound, cats are the most dangerous predators on land.  I don't trust any that are big enough to kill me or the creatures around me.  I don't want them around and will take active measures to remedy the situation.

This is coming from someone that has had cats around them their whole life.
View Quote

They are. People don't think they're up here in Appalachia, but they ARE. Had one at Camelback Resort a few years back. There was one outside a place called Valerio's up here on 903 up in the damn trees and we had one in our neighborhood last year. Game Commission insists they're not here, but tell that to the Grizzly Bear from back in 2017 in Sullivan County LOL
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Yellow dog didn't make it :(
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And another...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And another...

But they don't always just fall...

I have put numerous rounds of .40 and .223 on Louisiana hogs that still ran away.  You get damn nervous when they run into the brush of a dense forest and the sound of shaking small trees is all you hear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That was badass but that dude needs a gun. Feel sorry for the dog. I wanted to go help just watching video.
View Quote

Don't forget-----it's Canada....
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
jfc vidmax is aids someone post a link to another site
View Quote

Agreed. I've tried several times, and it won't load at all. Somebody give me a Youtube link, or Starlink or something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Would it have gone better if he'd stabbed it instead of hacking away at it?

But the dog was probably finished in the opening seconds.
View Quote

Depends on the blade profile. Standard latin style machetes don't have tips that work well for stabbing (they also don't have the mass for chopping deep through bones even when they ARE shaving sharp, unless you're talking about tge 24" or longer ones where blade/tip speed helps when chopping).

Brush Demon for a shorter, light machete that's also stabby
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

A good kukri is also a powerful chopper.

Pity about the dog. Wonder if it would gave survived if the owner had a firearm and popped the cougar on first contact?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Full of shit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full of shit...

Nope. They make ceremonial HUGE kukris specifically for the purpose of beheading cattle. These aren't your usual 12" - 15" bladed kukris. They're basically kukri shaped swords.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn. Just a large feral cat, or a bobcat or something else? Glad you healed up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Appears to be camping, why is he not armed? lol... Still bad ass though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nope. They make ceremonial HUGE kukris specifically for the purpose of beheading cattle. These aren't your usual 12" - 15" bladed kukris. They're basically kukri shaped swords.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full of shit...

Maybe not a 2000 pounder but pretty impressive nonetheless.
Bull beheaded in the sixties in Singapore
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Cougars belong in the wild woods, domesticated dogs do not. One thing I like about the national parks is nobody can bring their dogs on the trail.

I don't hate dogs, but I value the wildlife more than the need for a canine companion in the woods. Unless you're mushing. Then you're just badass.
View Quote

Please stay in WA forever
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#48]
How about this guy?

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Seems like he chopped his dog up a few times during the mayhem  

Poor pup never even saw it coming.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How about this guy?

View Quote

Rag dolled.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top