Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 6/6/2021 1:48:30 AM EDT
Loki starts in 3 days and I noticed the previous thread hit the archives so here's the new one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Marvel Studios' Loki | Official Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
In, I just hope it’s not a SJW fest
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
In on this one.

I didn’t read many of the Loki/Avengers comics, so I have no idea what’s going on with Loki.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Miss Minutes | Marvel Studios' Loki | Disney+

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In on this one.

I didn’t read many of the Loki/Avengers comics, so I have no idea what’s going on with Loki.
View Quote

I just saw something that said the Loki show doesn’t hew to any particular comic storyline.

BTW anyone who wants to have some fun, read a book called “Slugfest” - it’s about the 50+ year battle between Marvel and DC. It’s interesting and probably each chapter could have a fully researched book written expanding it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In on this one.

View Quote

This story looks to stem from a brief scene in Avengers: End Game.

If you haven't watched the movie, the remaining Avengers are trying to undo what Thanos did by going back in time to acquire the infinity stones. One of those (space stone) is the Tesseract. Due to a snafu after the battle of New York (first Avengers movie) a captive Loki gets a brief opportunity to grab the Tesseract, and immediately uses it to escape.

The problem is, this now creates a branch reality because Loki is already dead in the present day and it royally screws up the timeline of that reality, hence why he's in time prison.

On that subject, I'm glad the time cops don't look like this bastard.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a "hot/crazy" type matrix for SJW shit.  The better a show is overall: the more tolerable the SJW shit is.   The worse a show is overall: the less leeway they get for SJW shit.

S2 of The Boys was pretty much the worse case scenario.  Lazy/bad writing all season and probably the most SJW shit I've ever seen from a once good show in my life.

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]
T-minus 2 days
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Read something that said Loki was going to be gender fluid. If so I’ll not be watching
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Disney is quickly becoming proud destroyers of our way of life.
They could go bankrupt and I would cheer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome!

Disney, please don't fuck this up. I mean, I'll be pirating it anyhow, but I'll feel a lot worse about it if you make Loki good.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Read something that said Loki was going to be gender fluid. If so I’ll not be watching
View Quote

Loki is the trickster. He switched to women pretty regularly in the Thor comics IIRC so it wouldn’t be out of character for him.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Loki changed shape into a mare and was fucked by a stallion.  He gave birth to an 8 legged horse his dad kept.  After going through that, he would still occasionally shift into a mare for the good times.

And you are squeamish about him being “Gender fluid” in a TV show?

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#14]
in.  does it hit at 2am CDT like the other shows?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

I see 2 flaming fat heifers of SWJness in the trainer alone.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Loki changed shape into a mare and was fucked by a stallion.  He gave birth to an 8 legged horse his dad kept.  After going through that, he would still occasionally shift into a mare for the good times.

And you are squeamish about him being “Gender fluid” in a TV show?

View Quote

Loki is reality fluid as a trickster he can change into anything.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What does gender fluid even mean?  is it like an oil?  Comes in different weights?  CLP?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What does gender fluid even mean?  is it like an oil?  Comes in different weights?  CLP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Gender what? Hey, is this a prank call?" - Cobra Kai (S02E02)
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#19]
It’s fo time!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's fo time!
View Quote

giggity
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:19:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And you are squeamish about him being "Gender fluid" in a TV show?

View Quote
Yep. Nordic/Germanic gods don't really follow traditional Judeo-Christian values
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:46:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Disney

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:51:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's getting pretty good reviews
View Quote

almost done.  it's pretty good for episode 1.

ETA: done - I retract my "pretty good" and replace it with "pretty fucking awesome"
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ETA: done - I retract my "pretty good" and replace it with "pretty fucking awesome"
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I was kind of afraid to get my hopes up too much after TF&WS but this definitely got off to a good start and feels like it’s going to be a good one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Disney is quickly becoming proud destroyers of our way of life.
They could go bankrupt and I would cheer.
View Quote

This. They're the enemy now, take their orders from the Chicoms.

I'm not interested in the constant stream of SJW bullshit coming out of Marvel lately anyway. I'll pass.

If they want me back they can stop killing all of the straight white superheroes and replacing them with faggots and BIPOCs, just so they can signal their virtue.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Watching it tonight!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m not sending Disney another dime.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I love that look of hopelessness Loki had after seeing Casey’s little push cart full of Infinity Stones.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#31]
I really want to watch it but refuse to pay Disney to see it.

Maybe it will be a BAMN kinda situation.

Fuck Disney.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#32]
There was a scene early on I was struggling to figure out what he was up to, then suddenly, the reveal:  

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#33]
FUCK DISNEY
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Not advocating theft of services, but there's no way I'll be paying for Disney+ ever.

Not that interested in any of the current Marvel stuff anyway.  Those of you who are interested, how much money and energy, if any, do you put into 2A causes to counteract your Disney-Netfux/AmazonProne $$$ contributions?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#35]
A very promising start, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Sad day or not when one actor has more talent than the entire cast of the falcon and winter soldier.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I love that look of hopelessness Loki had after seeing Casey’s little push cart full of Infinity Stones.
View Quote

Haha, yeah that was pretty funny.  The most powerful things in the universe being pushed around in a cart by a random nobody who doesn't even know what a fish is.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm gonna give it a try soon
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#39]
It was very well done. Easily the best of the MCU series opens so far.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Just finished it. Off to a good start. I think this series will be really fun.  "Chaotic neutrals" always get into the best hyjinx.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Where do these time agents live and what is the source of their power?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are creations of the Time Keepers - they don't seem to "live" anywhere, in that one of them, when confused by Loki's threat to "gut him like a fish," explains that he has spent his entire life at a desk in the TVA (Time Variance Authority) and doesn't know what a "fish" is.  The TVA seems to be a vast complex that is likely "outside of time," as such things tend to be in comics.  They also don't seem to have any "inherent" powers, though their technology allows for extensive manipulation of time, and Loki's magic "doesn't work" at the TVA.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There was a scene early on I was struggling to figure out what he was up to, then suddenly, the reveal:  

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

I definitely enjoyed the episode overall, but I was very slightly disappointed by that.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They are creations of the Time Keepers - they don't seem to "live" anywhere, in that one of them, when confused by Loki's threat to "gut him like a fish," explains that he has spent his entire life at a desk in the TVA (Time Variance Authority) and doesn't know what a "fish" is.  The TVA seems to be a vast complex that is likely "outside of time," as such things tend to be in comics.  They also don't seem to have any "inherent" powers, though their technology allows for extensive manipulation of time, and Loki's magic "doesn't work" at the TVA.
View Quote

Yeah I forgot he said he’d spent his entire life at the desk. I hope the show really goes into the inner workings of the TVA, as it’s already got my imagination running wild.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

He gave birth, to multiple children. ???????
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#46]
It was ok.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh yeah you conservatives are a great example.

Keep giving your money to the people that will enslave you.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I cancelled my subscription last fall I’m not supporting them
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh yeah you conservatives are a great example.

Keep giving your money to the people that will enslave you.

View Quote

Enjoy your extra boring life.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could exist in the realm of a second. Or between seconds.

It's comics so real rules and laws of physics are just what they flash in front of you to make it seem plausible.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top