Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure Captain Carter is an established thing, but she should have been called Captain Britannia.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Marvel movies have made over $30 BILLION at the box office.  Then there's the billions they've made from merchandise. The billions they've made from DVD sales, digital sales, etc.

It is crazy to think about Stan Lee dying with a net worth of only about $25M. That's probably about 0.06%.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm sure Captain Carter is an established thing, but she should have been called Captain Britannia.
View Quote

Carter or Britannia… but Captain Britain is an awesome property that could be really fun to do a show on.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Watched it. Really mehhhh

Liked the animation style but there was no character development so you didn’t care about them.

Not the best one to start the series with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Liked the animation style but there was no character development so you didn’t care about them.

View Quote

I’m betting that Marvel was hoping people would have some attachment to Peggy from First Avenger and her tv series.

I thought it was ok, I didn’t love it. Reminded me of the season before last’s season finale of The Blacklist where they used animation to complete filming the episode they didn’t get to due to the Shanghai Shivers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
We just watched it. I thought it was awesome. And I loved how they were still not together in the end.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

What character development is needed? How can you not know who the characters are at this point?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm betting that Marvel was hoping people would have some attachment to Peggy from First Avenger and her tv series.

I thought it was ok, I didn't love it. Reminded me of the season before last's season finale of The Blacklist where they used animation to complete filming the episode they didn't get to due to the Shanghai Shivers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liked the animation style but there was no character development so you didn't care about them.

I'm betting that Marvel was hoping people would have some attachment to Peggy from First Avenger and her tv series.

I thought it was ok, I didn't love it. Reminded me of the season before last's season finale of The Blacklist where they used animation to complete filming the episode they didn't get to due to the Shanghai Shivers.
Didn't work with me.  I got about 10 minutes into it and the expected "gurl power" bullshit started.  Fuck That.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What character development is needed? How can you not know who the characters are at this point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The branched characters still need to be developed is all I’m saying. Even in the first Captain America movie when Steve was first injected with the Syrum he had an adjustment period. He tried to get the Hydra assassin but after that he really had to prove himself. Even a brief montage showing Carter doing a bit of training would have helped sell the idea better. She goes from getting the Syrum to flipping the bird to the white man to kicking ass in what, 3 minutes?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m betting that Marvel was hoping people would have some attachment to Peggy from First Avenger and her tv series.

I thought it was ok, I didn’t love it. Reminded me of the season before last’s season finale of The Blacklist where they used animation to complete filming the episode they didn’t get to due to the Shanghai Shivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, agree. They have an interesting task, they can borrow from the existing milieu but they still have to extend it intelligently to the branched timeline.

Which still bugs me, they never referenced the TVA in this, that’s a huge gap to me. They just finished the Loki series which directly leads to the MCU but ignore a huge plot thread while not referring to the maintainers of that thread.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, agree. They have an interesting task, they can borrow from the existing milieu but they still have to extend it intelligently to the branched timeline.

Which still bugs me, they never referenced the TVA in this, that's a huge gap to me. They just finished the Loki series which directly leads to the MCU but ignore a huge plot thread while not referring to the maintainers of that thread.
View Quote

Maybe the TVA isn't mentioned in the What If? stories because they happen after "he who remains" is no longer in power. He who remains was killed at the end of time. So his version of the TVA is no longer out there controlling his vision. So if we look at time as a line, then the aftershocks of that travel backwards allowing the multiverse to be born (or born again you will  this has all happened before and will all happen again if I borrow a line for BSG).

The TVA we saw in Loki can't control it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't mind Sam being in the suit or carrying the shield. What bugs me is that he's has NO POWERS. He's not s super soldier. There are enemies out there he just can't hang with. Imagine Sam going up against Thanos. #InstantDeath.

They won't give him the serum b/c of the Walker storyline. But sooner or later, Sam is going to have to power up. Either through serum or tech.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't mind Sam being in the suit or carrying the shield. What bugs me is that he's has NO POWERS.
View Quote

Neither does Black Widow or Hawkeye.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Neither does Black Widow or Hawkeye.
View Quote

Neither of those are slinging a giant metal frisbee like it's a toy
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Which still bugs me, they never referenced the TVA in this, that’s a huge gap to me. They just finished the Loki series which directly leads to the MCU but ignore a huge plot thread while not referring to the maintainers of that thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole point of the TVA is that they operate in a manner that all entities on the timeline never know of their existence if they follow their predetermined path.

Any time they interfere, the reset charge makes it like they were never there. No one knows they interfered, except variants.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The whole point of the TVA is that they operate in a manner that all entities on the timeline never know of their existence if they follow their predetermined path.

Any time they interfere, the reset charge makes it like they were never there. No one knows they interfered, except variants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, think about it though: when the Watcher says “this is where the timeline diverges” and Steve Rogers gets injured & Peggy makes her decision to jump into the Super Soldier Enlargimator (no idea what that device was called), that’s the moment the TVA would have shown up and pruned the timeline. Instead we get an episode detailing what would happen.

I’m all for the “What If…” show, I loved the few comics I read, but they should have added just a brief phrase, almost like a Rod Serling like monologue where the Watcher says “this is where the TVA would prune the timeline, but What If… they didn’t?” And it fixes this concern.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't mind Sam being in the suit or carrying the shield. What bugs me is that he's has NO POWERS. He's not s super soldier. There are enemies out there he just can't hang with. Imagine Sam going up against Thanos. #InstantDeath.

They won't give him the serum b/c of the Walker storyline. But sooner or later, Sam is going to have to power up. Either through serum or tech.
View Quote

Since they’ve laid the foundation of him using Stark tech already I’m guessing they’re gonna go in that direction (at least at first...)
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]

This seems appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Since they’ve laid the foundation of him using Stark tech already I’m guessing they’re gonna go in that direction (at least at first...)
View Quote

Naw, he's gonna be using Wakanda tech.  They wouldn't let him use tech from anywhere else for...reasons.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#21]
This week's What If is a hoot.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
They should have lead with this one. Total character, great story, really fun overall.

The Chadwick Boseman tribute was heartfelt and it was good to hear him again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
So far all of the "What If's" have been about minorities and/or women taking roles from white men.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Carter or Britannia… but Captain Britain is an awesome property that could be really fun to do a show on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Captain Europe (Captain America Parody)

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#25]
BTW I noticed the open gives a nod to the timeline branching in a roundabout way so I’ll kinda/sorta retract that criticism. Wouldn’t have minded it a bit more prominent though.

I’d LOVE it if - as time more shows go on - the Watcher ended up having to intervene on occasion because the timelines are getting progressively crazier.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdFgd_Qyhdo

??
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I enjoyed this week's What If

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t worry, someone will be along shortly to tell you it sucked, or that you shouldn’t send the enemy your money.

Sorta kidding.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I enjoyed it, but I guessed who the killer was almost immediately.  Right after Click To View Spoiler died
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#30]
This most recent episode was the first premise to at least mildly spark my interest so I gave it a try.  I found it to be fairly entertaining.  

Though Widow kicking the shit out of a dozen or so male Shield agents in the back of a truck with her bare hands was pretty eye-roll-inducing and some of the Coulson stuff was pretty cringe, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#31]
The murder mystery angle was fun, although as pointed out, easy to figure out who the killer was.

The Coulson man-crush stuff on Thor was cringe and way out of character for him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#32]
The story could have been told the same way had Thor not magically have already been in the computer files for the Avengers initiative. But, also doesn't explain why Hank Pym would have targeted Thor. But. No dead Thor, no vengeful Loki, and they clearly chose that specific week to spread across all those movies.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The story could have been told the same way had Thor not magically have already been in the computer files for the Avengers initiative. But, also doesn't explain why Hank Pym would have targeted Thor. But. No dead Thor, no vengeful Loki, and they clearly chose that specific week to spread across all those movies.
View Quote

Pym said "you would have recruited him in a heartbeat"
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's a stretch, as Pym had no more idea than anyone else who he was. And it's a far cry from recruit to "recruit to be Avenger." And he seemed to already have a file in the computer system!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Marvel One Shot All Hail The King is now on Disney Plus...it is hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But that's a stretch, as Pym had no more idea than anyone else who he was. And it's a far cry from recruit to "recruit to be Avenger." And he seemed to already have a file in the computer system!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thor is and always was a Norse god though. Add in his periodic visits to Midgard and of all the characters in the MCU/Comics Universe, he is the one that could have a file.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thor is and always was a Norse god though. Add in his periodic visits to Midgard and of all the characters in the MCU/Comics Universe, he is the one that could have a file.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems inconsistent with the Thor movie, as they (SHIELD) had no idea who he was.

Then again, this now marks the second pre-Winter Soldier movie where SHIELD's computers get broadly hacked and nobody seems to find the whole Hydra conspiracy brewing.

Here's an idea for a "what if." What if Tony Stark, after gaining access to the whole of SHIELD's servers, uncovered the conspiracy a few years earlier?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I was slightly interested in the Hawkeye series.  Then I found out the series is going to be nothing more than a "passing of the torch/torching of that past" so that yet another evil white male oringal Avenger can be replaced by a minority and/or woman.

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

We just need more than 13 minutes of ben kingsley.

Could have made it 30+ minutes easily.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was slightly interested in the Hawkeye series.  Then I found out the series is going to be nothing more than a "passing of the torch/torching of that past" so that yet another evil white male oringal Avenger can be replaced by a minority and/or woman.

https://c.tenor.com/XDe_b2dJvk0AAAAM/seinfeld-in-oz-good-luck-with-all-that.gif
View Quote

I mean the story they are basing it off is pretty dope.  It could be pretty great.   Not going to get my hopes up though. They managed to make the winter soldier lame.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will be in Shang Chi.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally got around to watching the latest What If...?

That was dark.

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I finally got around to watching the latest What If...?

That was dark.

View Quote

Honestly, that was the best one yet. It’s what What If…? Is all about.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Honestly, that was the best one yet. It's what What If? Is all about.
View Quote

Oh I don't disagree with you. I remember reading the comics where they had these endings (like the one where Peter Parker mutated into a giant humanoid 8 limbed "spider-man").

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Today’s was one of those fun dark episodes. I’ve seen the zombie Funko Pops and enjoyed this zombie episode.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Good episode today. Kind of makes you wonder what they were going to do with the Spiderman episode that got shelved as too dark (had a plan for the story mentioned above) considering the last 2 eps.

4 more to go for the season.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Hank pym is Kind of a fucker.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye | Official Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#49]
meh
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top