Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You either misunderstood what I typed or your memory isn't the best because, as atrocious and series-breaking as the writing in S8 of GoT was, the SJW factor wasn't even in the same ballpark as S2 of The Boys.  They were about as subtle about it as a 2x4 across the face.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Honestly I've never read the subtitles or whatever Amazon calls them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really hope that "female Loki" wasn't the Enchantress because the Enchantress is supposed to be sex on a stick and in that scene she had about as much sex appeal as a Walmart greeter.

Speaking of which: anyone else notice that for women and gay guys the MCU is filled with eye candy, but for straight men we pretty much just have Elizabeth Olson?

https://www.looper.com/img/gallery/scarlett-johansson-wasnt-the-first-choice-to-play-black-widow/intro-1588172674.jpg

Quoted:

Scarlet was very, very hot in her day, but I don't think she's looked great since Age of Ultron (or whatever the last movie she was in before she cut off most of the hair on her head and bleached what was left).

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You either misunderstood what I typed or your memory isn't the best because, as atrocious and series-breaking as the writing in S8 of GoT was, the SJW factor wasn't even in the same ballpark as S2 of The Boys.  They were about as subtle about it as a 2x4 across the face.

Click To View Spoiler

Neither do I, but they certainly aren't required to see all the SJW shit in S2 of that show.  It simply illustrates how blatant they are with it.  

What was weird was S1, from what I can remember, had hardly any.  Especially by streaming service original show standards.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Neither do I, but they certainly aren't required to see all the SJW shit in S2 of that show.  It simply illustrates how blatant they are with it.  

What was weird was S1, from what I can remember, had hardly any.  Especially by streaming service original show standards.
View Quote

It's an Amazon series. You're not going to like how it ends.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't care less how it ends considering S2 was so horrible (even w/o the SJW shit) that I'm done with that show.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Solid show. 54 minutes, blew by in what felt like 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Did the inquiry sheet on Ragnarok say there were zero survivors, or just the 9 thousand some odd casualties?  I wonder if Loki ends up making a deal to save some of the Asgardians.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did the inquiry sheet on Ragnarok say there were zero survivors, or just the 9 thousand some odd casualties?  I wonder if Loki ends up making a deal to save some of the Asgardians.
View Quote

Why would this Loki care about a few random extras he doesn't even know?

Besides, that would probably fuck up the timeline which they wouldn't allow even IF Loki wanted to.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]

I was watching this video about the behind the scenes happenings regarding Idiocracy and apparently one of the big reasons that Fox buried it (no advertising, playing it in like 87 theaters, and even titling it in some places "untitled Mike Judge comedy") was because the companies that paid to have their name in the film were pissed about how they were depicted so Fox agreed to basically sabotage the film.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Episode 3 is out. Spoiliers from this point on.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

you and your fancy French words!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#15]
There. Hopefully now we won't all have to be using spoiler tags.

I was interested to see they were moving into the endgame in episode 3, so of course they had to be diverted on a side quest. Fun episode mostly. Lots of walking and talking. The CGI looks a little off, like a Star Wars prequel with characters talking and the entire environment obviously being a green screen.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck a duck. It's too early to be shitposting.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LukeskywalkerNEVER.jpg
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was interested to see they were moving into the endgame in episode 3, so of course they had to be diverted on a side quest. Fun episode mostly. Lots of walking and talking. The CGI looks a little off, like a Star Wars prequel with characters talking and the entire environment obviously being a green screen.
View Quote

Uh spoiler tags are there for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People were bitching about spoiler tags. Usually in threads like this we all agree that if you click on this thread, you accept that any content released up to today's date is out there, and fair game to be discussed. Spoiler tag trees are annoying for trying to carry on a conversation. If there are leaks about future episodes or behind the scenes info, that goes into the spoiler tag.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
"We are on a world that's about to be destroyed in a few hours. We have a lot of ground to cover, plenty of people standing in our way, and seconds could be the difference between living or dying.  I know!  Let's walk everywhere!  And not even a brisk pace walk.  Like a 'two people on a date taking a casual stroll' pace walk."
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"We are on a world that's about to be destroyed in a few hours. We have a lot of ground to cover, plenty of people standing in our way, and seconds could be the difference between living or dying.  I know!  Let's walk everywhere!  And not even a brisk pace walk.  Like a 'two people on a date taking a casual stroll' pace walk."
View Quote

The old “we have 40 feet of track in our green screen room and need to fill dialogue” syndrome of the Prequels.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Things don’t look good for them Duke boys variants.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Fallout versus blade runner.

I love everything about it
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Blade Runner, I get, but how are you getting Fallout vibes from the show?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The retro-futuristic tech probably. Super advanced capabilities from equipment that looks like it was built in the Cold War.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Today's episode felt a lot like "What if Tom Hiddleston played The Doctor" (as in Doctor Who for you heretics that don't know who the Doctor is).

I'm not sure if I like this episode or not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#27]
There was a lot of "just talking", I was afraid it was going to lose the kids but they stuck it out.

So far it doesn't feel like the same target audience as the movies, though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The retro-futuristic tech probably. Super advanced capabilities from equipment that looks like it was built in the Cold War.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if that's all it takes we could just say it was "Archer versus Blade Runner" too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Today's episode felt a lot like "What if Tom Hiddleston played The Doctor" (as in Doctor Who for you heretics that don't know who the Doctor is).

I'm not sure if I like this episode or not.
View Quote

I'm glad it wasn't just me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm glad it wasn't just me.
View Quote

I thought we'd get some TVA perspective. What happened to Mobius? What happened with all the time bombs?

Loli talking to Floki was interesting but not a whole episodes worth. And what up with them struggling to fight humans. Aren't they Asgardians? Loki went toe to toe with Cap and Iron Man but struggles with base goons in this show.

And how did he stop the building from falling? That's a new power.

Im starting to feel like these Marvel shows are like: "Tonight on the Curse of Oak Island, Loki thinks he found the chapel vault."
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Timing/editing was off on this episode.

Poorly timed dialogue back and forth and transition between scenes. Just off in general.

They also radical nerfed Loki's powers. I can get nerfing him in the tva as a plot device. But when he's out in the real world where his powers were obviously working, he could have waxed everyone in every scene without breaking a sweat.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Poorly timed dialogue back and forth and transition between scenes. Just off in general.

They also radical nerfed Loki's powers. I can get nerfing him in the tva as a plot device. But when he's out in the real world where his powers were obviously working, he could have waxed everyone in every scene without breaking a sweat.
View Quote

Well he did stop half a building from falling on him and shove it back
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I actually didn't mind the dialogue, even with the subtle LGBTBBQ references, but I agree his power levels vary wildly. He's been able to put up a decent fight against Thor more than once. The mortal guards should have been nothing. Overall, I'm enjoying the series though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I actually didn't mind the dialogue, even with the subtle LGBTBBQ references, but I agree his power levels vary wildly. He's been able to put up a decent fight against Thor more than once. The mortal guards should have been nothing. Overall, I'm enjoying the series though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, Loki’s power levels are definitely all over the place, but, to be fair: Thor did tell Loki later “when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you.”

From that it’s reasonable to estimate that Thor was holding back.  I doubt Loki was.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, Loki's power levels are definitely all over the place, but, to be fair: Thor did tell Loki later "when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you."

From that it's reasonable to estimate that Thor was holding back.  I doubt Loki was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, Loki's power levels are definitely all over the place, but, to be fair: Thor did tell Loki later "when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you."

From that it's reasonable to estimate that Thor was holding back.  I doubt Loki was.
That is a fair point.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:53:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I rewatched them Germany scene in Avengers. Loki easily handled Cap, who wasn't holding back. Yet later on, Cap easily holds off Thor when he and Iron Man tried to keep Thor from taking Loki.

So, was it the mind stone that powered him up?

is it Loki trickery?

Or plot armor?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I rewatched them Germany scene in Avengers. Loki easily handled Cap, who wasn't holding back. Yet later on, Cap easily holds off Thor when he and Iron Man tried to keep Thor from taking Loki.

So, was it the mind stone that powered him up?

is it Loki trickery?

Or plot armor?
View Quote

I don’t know about that one.  Cap used his shield to block one single swing and Thor stopped.  If Stark wasn’t there Thor could have easily wiped the floor with Cap if he was so inclined.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:52:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Whole episode felt like filler for me. It would have been much better if we at least had a few cutaways interspersed where we could see what the TVA was doing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Whole episode felt like filler for me. It would have been much better if we at least had a few cutaways interspersed where we could see what the TVA was doing.
View Quote

Yeah, I was curious to see what Mobius’ take on what happened in Alabama was.  Did he think Loki betrayed him?

Also Hiddleston and Wilson have some of the best chemistry I’ve seen in any MCU media.  Meanwhile, Hiddleston and this new woman are kinda “eh” by comparison.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#40]
The episode was off a bit and didn’t hold my attention much besides a few interesting scenes. Hope they pick it up as this was the series I was most interested in.  

Part of me hoped Loki stole a handful of infinity stones and went to that world on purpose where one would work.  I was sad they didn’t toss that in.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The episode was off a bit and didn’t hold my attention much besides a few interesting scenes. Hope they pick it up as this was the series I was most interested in.  

Part of me hoped Loki stole a handful of infinity stones and went to that world on purpose where one would work.  I was sad they didn’t toss that in.
View Quote

Loki not attempting to steal at least one infinity stone to use outside the TVA is the most un-Loki thing Loki has done all series.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Apparently the Alphabet People are throwing a parade because Loki hinted that he was bisexual.

It just seems bizarre to me. I mean to celebrate because a celebrity has the same sexual orientation as you is weird enough, but when it's a fictional character on a fantasy/super powers TV show...
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Apparently the Alphabet People are throwing a parade because Loki hinted that he was bisexual.

It just seems bizarre to me. I mean to celebrate because a celebrity has the same sexual orientation as you is weird enough, but when it's a fictional character on a fantasy/super powers TV show...
View Quote

That's freaking hilarious. Zero self awareness on the fact that Loki is the god of mischief and they're like "...but he's the gayyyyyy god of mischief!"
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone speak Norwegian or Danish or whatever language and can translate Loki's song?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone speak Norwegian or Danish or whatever language and can translate Loki's song?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Screenrant link

In storm-blackened mountains I wander alone

Across glaciers I travel forth

In the apple orchard the fair maiden stands

And sings, "When will you come home?"

(Chorus in English) When she sings, she sings, "Come home."
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screenrant link

Hmmm. Glaciers and black mountains could be foreshadowing a trip to the Frost Giant world? They were both born there, yes?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hmmm. Glaciers and black mountains could be foreshadowing a trip to the Frost Giant world? They were both born there, yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screenrant link

Or him thinking back to the theater in episode one and watching Ragnarok and his death?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve got a feeling that Marvel is using the series to establish the backstories needed for the movies. That way the movies can be more awesome instead of spending all their time with intricate world building.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’ve got a feeling that Marvel is using the series to establish the backstories needed for the movies. That way the movies can be more awesome instead of spending all their time with intricate world building.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are two villains they could use from this planet as the next big bad for Avengers 5 if they wanted. One killed Galactus and the other destroys worlds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#50]
The Loki's run back and forth in the town strip mall while a planet is landing on them
They take a train ride and proclaim their sexual orientations
Studio mailed it in on choosing writers
"Walking Dead" level of plot pacing to extend episode count

Maybe I was expecting to much from this show, Falcon and Winter Soldier should have been a clue but I wanted to believe Loki would be decent.

Woke SJWs Assemble!
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top