BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll spare anyone who doesn't want to watch it all.

2 milfs talk softly for 8:03 about shit we all already know.
View Quote

2 milfs, I think you are very generous
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The masks are working. They are doing exactly what they are intended to do: make stupid and/or submissive people scared.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Real simple. Everybody has been wearing masks for MONTHS! If the fucking masks worked, how the fuck is it everyday I hear how the numbers are spiking to record numbers?
View Quote

you should google "fomites"

it is why it is highly recommended you wash your hands before touching your eyes, mouth or picking your nose

breathing in virus particles in snot droplets is not the only way it spreads
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why initially did the experts say they did not work? How and why did the change come about?
View Quote

I want to know this as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
You maskers do know that you will have to wear a mask for the rest of your life. The Chinese flu is never going away. Just like the regular flu it will be here forever. As have many airborne viruses.
Hell there still isn't a cure for the common cold. And depending on the circumstances even a cold can kill.
News flash. Living will eventually kill you.
I only wear a mask out of courtesy for the stores that request it. Once outside the diaper comes off.
I don't wear one at work even though I'm surrounded by 3rd worlders. It's like working at the UN. The Russians I understand but the other dealers I have no idea where they are from.
I do have one indicator that I look for.
I live catycorner to a funeral home. When I start seeing bodies being stacked like cordwood outside it, then I'll start to worry. Until then, I'll go on living normally like I have for 72 years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Blah blah blah

I wear a 3M 6800 with P100s. I'm fairly certain it works pretty well .

Those faggy ass fabric strip ear loop fuckers are good for keeping your snot on you though.

You do you baby. I don't give a fuck.
View Quote

Those do all right, because of slower air draw through the larger surface area of the filters.  They'd be great if you had some kind of UV-C emitter right at the filter inlet fittings on the inside.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why initially did the experts say they did not work? How and why did the change come about?

Because the news was showing videos of people fighting in home depot over the last box of N-95 masks on a shelf. 3 instances in different parts of the country.

Right after that, the was a disinformation campaign to try to convince people masks didn't work, don't buy them, they need them for healthcare workers.

You can't tell people they need a mask to mitigate risk when they can't buy any masks. People will kill each other, just like they will kill each over over the last bit of food.

Then the lockdowns came to give people something to do instead of masks, stay home was their safety blanket.

When masked were produced and on the shelves, and the govt wanted people to go back to work, they told everyone to wear a mask. Which they could do because now they were available. ( the reason why N-95s did not flood the market is because china has most of the world's machines that make them and china was shut down.) (So the next best thing was put into production)

This has been all about control of people so society doesn't break down. People recognize the lies but they don't understand why. I think the govt fucked up big time.
They could have had an education program to tell people why they needed to stay home...ie.  we need time to make masks available so stay home if you can...no mandates. then after production of masks started hitting the stores, an education program of how to wear them and why and info on fomite transmission and some info on risk mitigation science.

Instead they choose to lie, and manipulate people and people saw the inconsistencies but didn't know why and said fuck you.

And communist asshole mayors and govenors took advantage of a national crisis and are trying to use it politically. They should be removed from office and prosecuted.

and here we are. the govt thinks Americans are too stupid to voluntarily act for the good of the country and themselves with good information so they try to mandate and threaten after lying to everybody.

If you used to think you could trust the govt to recommend what is best for you and your family, this should be a wake the fuck up call to you. ( not you personally, everybody )
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why initially did the experts say they did not work?
View Quote
Because they were/are right.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They work

They show who the people are that can be easily manipulated by whatever the government tells them to do.
View Quote

You're only saying this because you've been manipulated by democrat governors into not wearing one. They knew you'd refuse to if they said so, so they said you should.

They're giggling at the chance you might have comorbidities and they hope you die before you can vote.

See how that works?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the hospitals - at least partly due to regulations - did not have anywhere near enough PPE on hand for a pandemic.

The regulatory group that said hospitals had to throw outt perfectly good masks because of use by dates quietly changed that regulation.

Fauci and the rest of the clowns at the top of the CDC lied and said masks don't work, and we should save them to protect our healthcare workers.

Much later fauci admitted it was a lie to cover their incompetent backsides.

This is why the clowns at the top of the cdc said they didn't work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You maskers do know that you will have to wear a mask for the rest of your life. The Chinese flu is never going away. Just like the regular flu it will be here forever. As have many airborne viruses.
Hell there still isn't a cure for the common cold. And depending on the circumstances even a cold can kill.
News flash. Living will eventually kill you.
I only wear a mask out of courtesy for the stores that request it. Once outside the diaper comes off.
I don't wear one at work even though I'm surrounded by 3rd worlders. It's like working at the UN. The Russians I understand but the other dealers I have no idea where they are from.
I do have one indicator that I look for.
I live catycorner to a funeral home. When I start seeing bodies being stacked like cordwood outside it, then I'll start to worry. Until then, I'll go on living normally like I have for 72 years.
View Quote

Oh look, a time traveller!

H1N1 was never going to go away, and mers wasn't going to either, and sars 1 too... Oh yeah and the 1918 is still around.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Put three people in an air tight sealed room
One has active China virus (very active).
2nd person wearing mask
3rd person no mask

Make them stay for a few hours and tell them to perform day to day activities, such as talking, walking around, drinking water, eating food, laughing, sneezing, etc.

Who do you think can/will catch the virus?
View Quote

I think that both will probably catch it.

See, I do think masks work in a sense in that they reduce your risk of spreading the virus somewhat. But they don't eliminate it or even come close to eliminating it. And this is assuming people wear masks correctly, which they do not. Few people have n95 masks. some have kn95 masks which aren't as good. Most people have a much less effective surgical mask or an even less effective piece of cloth on their face.

The problem is that people think those masks provide more protection than they do and so they will expose themselves more than they otherwise would. So even if the masks cut the risk of getting the virus in half, it does no good if people double their exposure due to feeling that the masks work.

So, the proper solution is to wear a mask if you want, it's a good idea. Then limit your exposure to the virus as much as you can. Keep in mind your age and health and the age and health of those you are around when deciding how much risk to tolerate. But this government mandated bullshit needs to end.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those do all right, because of slower air draw through the larger surface area of the filters.  They'd be great if you had some kind of UV-C emitter right at the filter inlet fittings on the inside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blah blah blah

I wear a 3M 6800 with P100s. I'm fairly certain it works pretty well .

Those faggy ass fabric strip ear loop fuckers are good for keeping your snot on you though.

You do you baby. I don't give a fuck.

Apparently the power levels needed on a uv-c light to purify air that's moving is dangerous to humans.

If you look in the AC filter section of your stores you might be able to still find filters rated for viruses, and as long as it's not glued to the wire mesh, you can use it as a layer sandwiched in between in masks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

See, I do think masks work in a sense in that they reduce your risk of spreading the virus somewhat. But they don't eliminate it or even come close to eliminating it. And this is assuming people wear masks correctly, which they do not. Few people have n95 masks. some have kn95 masks which aren't as good. Most people have a much less effective surgical mask or an even less effective piece of cloth on their face.

The problem is that people think those masks provide more protection than they do and so they will expose themselves more than they otherwise would. So even if the masks cut the risk of getting the virus in half, it does no good if people double their exposure due to feeling that the masks work.

So, the proper solution is to wear a mask if you want, it's a good idea. Then limit your exposure to the virus as much as you can. Keep in mind your age and health and the age and health of those you are around when deciding how much risk to tolerate. But this government mandated bullshit needs to end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put three people in an air tight sealed room
One has active China virus (very active).
2nd person wearing mask
3rd person no mask

Make them stay for a few hours and tell them to perform day to day activities, such as talking, walking around, drinking water, eating food, laughing, sneezing, etc.

Who do you think can/will catch the virus?

Eh, scientists have already test that stuff. One instance was a group in a restaurant sitting under an HVAC vent, they got it, their server didin't - the central ac system sucks that stuff in and concentrates it and dumps it out of the vents.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1918 pandemic pic

View Quote

You might try counting again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
so she is a scientist and doesn't know the virus in not floating around in the air that it is in snot droplets?

I don't care about the mask thing, but she is an idiot
View Quote

Most of the droplets that carry it are also tinier than masks are rated to filter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Apparently the power levels needed on a uv-c light to purify air that's moving is dangerous to humans.

If you look in the AC filter section of your stores you might be able to still find filters rated for viruses, and as long as it's not glued to the wire mesh, you can use it as a layer sandwiched in between in masks.
View Quote

That's why you put them on the intakes.  You don't irradiate the entire masked area, just the confined area at the intake.  And definitely don't shine them on the wearer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Droplets dry, then virus is just loose in the cloth or fiber matrix.  How long does it survive and how long before its just blown out, or in, with a breath?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Eh, scientists have already test that stuff. One instance was a group in a restaurant sitting under an HVAC vent, they got it, their server didin't - the central ac system sucks that stuff in and concentrates it and dumps it out of the vents.
View Quote

This is where the UV-C irradiators might be most useful.  They should probably have already been installed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe masks work a little bit if used properly alongside other infection-control measures such as frequent hand-washing and avoiding touching ones face.

Although, I think the main impact of wearing the mask is when people who are infected wear them, as at least reduces the amount of droplets expelled when one coughs or sneezes. I haven't done enough google-fu to know how contagious one may be if they're infected but otherwise asymptomatic. There's a reason why surgeons wear them. It's not to protect themselves, but mainly to protect the patient.

Now how much does it protect a healthy person from CATCHING it? It's debatable. Arguably a N95 respirator provides better protection for a healthy person vs disease.

I'm for wearing masks but I'm against forcing people at gunpoint to wear them and harassing non-maskers.

Masks alone do not provide 100% protection but I think every little bit helps. Body armor does not provide 100% protection from bullets but officers still wear vests, as kevlar still provides decent protection against smaller caliber rounds, and a round that does penetrate usually causes less injury compared to no armor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Most of the droplets that carry it are also tinier than masks are rated to filter.
View Quote

some not most for a cotton mask,
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I believe masks work a little bit if used properly alongside other infection-control measures such as frequent hand-washing and avoiding touching ones face.

Although, I think the main impact of wearing the mask is when people who are infected wear them, as at least reduces the amount of droplets expelled when one coughs or sneezes. I haven't done enough google-fu to know how contagious one may be if they're infected but otherwise asymptomatic. There's a reason why surgeons wear them. It's not to protect themselves, but mainly to protect the patient.

Now how much does it protect a healthy person from CATCHING it? It's debatable. Arguably a N95 respirator provides better protection for a healthy person vs disease.

I'm for wearing masks but I'm against forcing people at gunpoint to wear them and harassing non-maskers.

Masks alone do not provide 100% protection but I think every little bit helps. Body armor does not provide 100% protection from bullets but officers still wear vests, as kevlar still provides decent protection against smaller caliber rounds, and a round that does penetrate usually causes less injury compared to no armor.
View Quote

exactly

It is all risk mitigation.

there is also some evidence to suggest how much virus you get infected with can determine how severe the disease you will have, at least for some people.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Just posting to say eat shit if you are one of these maskholes, also please slide under a gas truck and taste your own blood, and fuck off
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They work

They show who the people are that can be easily manipulated by whatever the government tells them to do.

View Quote

This.... Masks and lockdowns are just a test run to see how far they can push things and condition the public to accept this nonsense and stupidity...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just posting to say eat shit if you are one of these maskholes, also please slide under a gas truck and taste your own blood, and fuck off
View Quote

how old are you 5?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

how old are you 5?
View Quote

A little older than that, Karen
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No they haven't, 90% of GD says they ain't wearin no fucking mask.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real simple. Everybody has been wearing masks for MONTHS! If the fucking masks worked, how the fuck is it everyday I hear how the numbers are spiking to record numbers?

No they haven't, 90% of GD says they ain't wearin no fucking mask.

I have a distant relative that had COVID, never stopped going out in public, ate out, shopped, worked in people’s houses...no mask ever.  

But hey, masks don’t work...that’s the issue there
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Americans would quit mask shaming and start fat shaming, that would actually go a lot further towards reducing fatalities because being a fatass and all the illnesses associated with being a fatass is the primary cause of corona deaths. The other top 2 killers of Americans, heart disease and cancer are also heavily associated with obesity.
View Quote

POST OF THE YEAR
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dude P100 masks could let in 0.03% of particles sized 0.21 microns... so, not 100%

But do you need 100%?

NO... but WHY?

That is what most people don't consider. Risk mitigation is not about 100%. It is about drastically reducing your risk.

So if a person wearing a mask captures 60% of the virus and wearing a surgical mask stops 60%, then in combination they reduce exposure by 86%! Now add in the protective factors of distance, ventilation, and reducing time around potential vectors, and the exposure dose (risk of infection and severity of infection if infected) is going to be greatly reduced.

So the goal was never 0 risk. NOTHING IS ZERO RISK.

But if you reduce transmission risk, then you can do more things and minimize societal restrictions. That's good.

If you keep the transmission RATE low enough then you avoid the exponential growth of infection that causes very-bad-things- to happen like overwhelmed hospitals, huge healthcare cost, and economic shutdowns because too many are out sick.
View Quote

When you get the hate for this, always remember that a little better than 1 in 5 arfcommers believes humans lived with dinosaurs.

People take microbiology advice from this site at their own risk.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Meh, they probably do stop a percentage of transmission.

Don't care.  Were all going to get it eventually. Let your immune system do its job and develop the antibodies and get over it.
View Quote

Then enjoy the 3 months of immunity?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top