Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/22/2020 10:08:12 AM EDT
0 new gun control laws during Obama's presidency.

Denied his Supreme Court Nomination, gambling on the most unconventional campaign in history.

And if he pulls off this Nomination he will have a place in history.

Granted we can bitch about Obamacare but he had 58 Dems and 2 independents voting for it.  Not a single Republican voted for it.

We can also bitch about the lack of progress during Trump's 1st 2 years, but I truly believe that that sack of shit Paul Ryan as the great roadblock.

When it comes down to it, Mitch has been a very effective leader in the Senate. Love him, hate him, I don't give a shit.

All I know is that there were no new gun laws passed at the Federal level, and a 6-3 Supreme court is on the horizon.

If we get the house back and retain the Senate and the Presidency, its going to be a great fuckin 2 years with Mr. Ryan gone.

Ram it through Cocaine Mitch.  Ram it through and let it echo for eternity.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If he holds fast and gets this nomination through, he'll have definitely cemented his reputation as "net-positive".
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#5]
6/3? You think Roberts is on the right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Even with Roberts its 5-4.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I would buy Cocaine Mitch's supply 10/10, SOB appears to be delivering.

Romney is on board

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/22/mitt-romney-supports-holding-a-vote-on-trumps-supreme-court-pick-this-year.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
If he gets this done he will forever be remembered for it, actual legacy that my kids will be taught in school about.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Roberts is terrified of making lasting decisions and loves being the 'swing' vote.

After the current vacancy is filled, 5-1-3 is more accurate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Breyer is also 82.

If we get ANOTHER nomination?

Oh boy hang on to your tits.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditch Mitch has always had a very good 2A record
he beats the alternative....
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Apex Predator Cocaine Mitch.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Denied his Supreme Court Nomination, gambling on the most unconventional campaign in history.

Granted we can bitch about Obamacare but he had 58 Dems and 2 independents voting for it.  Not a single Republican voted for it.

We can also bitch about the lack of progress during Trump's 1st 2 years, but I truly believe that that sack of shit Paul Ryan 2 as the great roadblock.

When it comes down to it, Mitch has been a very effective leader in the Senate. Love him, hate him, I don't give a shit.

All I know is that there were no new gun laws passed at the Federal level, and a 6-3 Supreme court is on the horizon.

If we get the house back and retain the Senate and the Presidency, its going to be a great fuckin 2 years with Mr. Ryan gone.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219476/Screenshot_20200922-090736_Chrome-1602480.jpg

View Quote

i think your worshipping him entirely too much, and giving him way too much credit..

i think its funny and sad when arfcom goes on cheering rampages when these guys say something / do something to get attention, like hurt a liberals feelings, or say something edgy, and arfcom runs around screeching things like " cocaine mitch" for example, as if he really did something note worthy. he has really done jack shit in my opinion, damn sure not what he SHOULD have gotten done in the last 4 years of trump. the shit your listing as great things, would be considered the bare minimum he should be doing, damn sure nothing exceptional to cheer about.

hes a career swamp creature, just because he has not fucked us lately, does not mean he gives a shit about us.  hes a slimy ass worthless government career slug, and hes not our friend.  the democrats are pure evil, but the republicans are damn sure not anything to brag about. congress, the senate, and government is awash with corruption and abuses and theres ZERO being done, the fact theres nothing being done tells me that most likely ALL of them are involved, and doing the same corrupt / sketchy shit biden / hillary does, and they cant go after one without all of them being dragged down for the same crimes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It really is more 5.5/4.5, he is a wobbler who wont play on 2A but did stop forced government unions. I suspect now that he can't play moderator he will try and play the field less and drift more to steadily one sided (not sure what but probably left ).
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I want to dislike the guy, but he does get shit done.   He's no Jim Demint or Rand Paul but he's what we got for majority leader.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I know about "cocaine Mitch"

but he is really the "Wizard of the Senate"
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I am basically a one issue voter

I have voted for Mitch my entire adult life since I was old enough to vote
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Roberts is terrified of making lasting decisions and loves being the 'swing' vote.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's just the new Kennedy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i think your worshipping him entirely too much, and giving him way too much credit..

i think its funny and sad when arfcom goes on cheering rampages when these guys say something / do something to get attention, like hurt a liberals feelings, and arfcom runs around screeching things like " cocaine mitch" for example, as if he really did something note worthy. he has really dont jack shit in my opinion, damn sure not what he SHOULD have gotten done in the last 4 years of trump.  

hes a career swamp creature, just because he has not fucked us lately, does not mean he gives a shit about us.  hes a slimy ass worthless government career slug, and hes not our friend.  the democrats are pure evil, but the republicans are damn sure not anything to brag about.
View Quote

Can you point out anything in my OP that is factually incorrect?

In addition I truly believe Ryan was the one who killed any chance for progress.

Mitch only has the Senate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#24]
And I agree, Mitch is the fucking man.  He's done a fantastic job when he's had a majority, affecting real change.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Man, I really liked Paul Ryan. He really showed his true colors during the 2016 election. Every single time he could throw Trump under the bus he totally did. I would punch him in the face if I saw him.

Pretty much the only politician that hasn’t disappointed me since Reagan is Trump. We will see if cocaine Mitch can seal the deal.  It would be interesting if if you Democrats joined the Republicans to vote for a supreme court justice but I don’t see that happening. That’s like suicide in the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Lets not put too much faith in Kentuckians voting him back in, either
Get ready for democrat Sen. McGrath
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Romney is on board

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/22/mitt-romney-supports-holding-a-vote-on-trumps-supreme-court-pick-this-year.html
View Quote

Just saw that... Better get his shit together...
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Romney is on board

View Quote
He supports holding a vote, nothing more.   Don't trust him.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#30]
He's certainly earned my respect!

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In addition I truly believe Ryan was the one who killed any chance for progress.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think its funny and sad when arfcom goes on cheering rampages when these guys say something / do something to get attention, like hurt a liberals feelings, and arfcom runs around screeching things like " cocaine mitch" for example, as if he really did something note worthy. he has really dont jack shit in my opinion, damn sure not what he SHOULD have gotten done in the last 4 years of trump.  

hes a career swamp creature, just because he has not fucked us lately, does not mean he gives a shit about us.  hes a slimy ass worthless government career slug, and hes not our friend.  the democrats are pure evil, but the republicans are damn sure not anything to brag about.

your cheering about him pushing the new supreme court nomination for example.... its literally his job to do that.  so dont act like hes doing anything exceptional by pushing that.   i tend to view ALL of these slimy fuckers the same. if they do something good for us, its kind of by accident, as they are generally doing shit for themselves, that will benefit them somehow and their career.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#32]
[Attachment Attached File

Nancy and Chuck!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#33]
He is very effective at blocking the worst of the Democrats garbage.

Sometimes it all feels like theater but if they get Trump’s nominee through I will agree with the OP.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Hes a slimy fuck but I really have no problem with the turtle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We can also bitch about the lack of progress during Trump's 1st 2 years, but I truly believe that that sack of shit Paul Ryan as the great roadblock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219476/Screenshot_20200922-090736_Chrome-1602480.jpg

View Quote

Paul Ryan can eat shit. He’s the reason so much opportunity was lost after 2016.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hes a slimy fuck but I really have no problem with the turtle.
View Quote

He’s our slimy fuck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney is on board

Truth. Romney is a scummy guy through and through.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i think its funny and sad when arfcom goes on cheering rampages when these guys say something / do something to get attention, like hurt a liberals feelings, or say something edgy, and arfcom runs around screeching things like " cocaine mitch" for example, as if he really did something note worthy. he has really done jack shit in my opinion, damn sure not what he SHOULD have gotten done in the last 4 years of trump. the shit your listing as great things, would be considered the bare minimum he should be doing, damn sure nothing exceptional to cheer about.

hes a career swamp creature, just because he has not fucked us lately, does not mean he gives a shit about us.  hes a slimy ass worthless government career slug, and hes not our friend.  the democrats are pure evil, but the republicans are damn sure not anything to brag about. congress, the senate, and government is awash with corruption and abuses and theres ZERO being done, the fact theres nothing being done tells me that most likely ALL of them are involved, and doing the same corrupt / sketchy shit biden / hillary does, and they cant go after one without all of them being dragged down for the same crimes.
View Quote

Arfcom hated him a few years ago.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

your cheering about him pushing the new supreme court nomination for example.... its literally his job to do that.  so dont act like hes doing anything exceptional by pushing that.
View Quote

He also BLOCKED Obama's nominee.

That would have swung the court the other way.

THAT has never been done afaik, and the precedent he used was 130 years ago.

The SERIES of actions he's taken are why I'm hyped on him.

Each one is fine on its own, but as a whole its a HUGE accomplishment.

We would JUST now be getting back to 5-4 had that turtle rolled over.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you Mitch, really cool!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Roberts tries desperately to avoid decisions that, in his opinion, politicize the judiciary.  The result is an exacerbation of the politicization of the judiciary.  I don't see a judicial philosophy that drives his thought process.  Instead, it appears that he is driven by some form of appeasement.

Yay.  

Eta:  lol.  I went to read the wiki page on Roberts.  In his confirmation hearings, he stated that he had no comprehensive jurisprudential philosophy.  So there it is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You aren't serious are ya? He will mop the floor with her.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney is on board

Romney will play this to achieve maximum personal power, like McCain.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Don't celebrate too much. We still need to make sure our side turns out to vote. If the dems win and retake the senate they will pack the court with liberals.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I emailed him this.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would they do that?  When has a Senate Majority Leader ever been voted out?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

5-4 Majority on the court. Roberts will vote liberal on anything that actually matters.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top