BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unless she can move up from the general practitioner to the neurosurgeon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
May be true for some girls

I have noticed as a 29 year old single guy in the medical field, most of the young, attractive girls (20-25 or so) I work with/around, or just generally know from school etc. have already settled down.  

I personally have never really met any of the girls described, save for a couple of girls I knew in high school who used to be hot, and think they still are despite the past 10 years not being kind to them at all.

In the medical field, once they've bagged a MD, PA, pharmacist, they probably wont want to give that up.

Unless she can move up from the general practitioner to the neurosurgeon.

That's a woman looking for an alimony and child support payment.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So she goes out bangs all the guys and then comes back when she's bored?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Youth, height, fitness, fertility, wealth, humor, self confidence, ect all contribute to Sexual Market Value.

Not really. Girls like pretty boys. Even if you have a lot of things going for you, the girls still fall for the pretty boys.

Male Facial symmetry is not that important really. Other factor matter way more. An average looking guy wh is 6-2 will get higher quality women than a guy with a great face who is 5-4 for example.

That he owns the room and appears to be the leader of the pack is more attractive biologically than any physical attribute though. To tell a woman she should not be attracted to the leader is like telling a man he should not be attracted to a fertile sexy 22 year old.

True to a certain extent. My rebound GF kept telling me to "own the room", "be the Alpha Male everywhere you go". Well, I DO own the room, but in a Clint Eastwood way, not a Joe Pesci way. Quiet strength.

Anyway, we split for 8 months and she went out with several guys who "Owned the room.".  

She's back. Like I told her, those guys who OTR are world class douchebags.

TC

So she goes out bangs all the guys and then comes back when she's bored?

My penultimate love fucked half the women in the county as a young man and he was married fifteen years so I figured he'd thrown the old lady the bone a few times. I also assumed, though, that he'd taken a shower some time in the ten months between his divorce and us going horizontal, so I wasn't too worried about getting some other woman on/in me.

As for the OTR thing, I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence the it can mean "own the room" or "on the rag".  I see one of those guys doing his act - and 9 times out of 10, that's what it is - I think, "Oh, no.  No, no, no.  He'd be waay more trouble than he's worth."

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which I'd encourage someone I was with to *own the room.*  That's the most retarded thing I've heard and I've been here a long time.  

I can't stand people who feel like they have something to prove.  The only people who can get away with that are the ones who genuinely command attention through no fault of their own and, ideally, are unaware of it.  For everyone else it's very obviously posturing and reeks of insecurity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why do think that was a lie? If a guy said that about his daughter I wouldn't doubt that is how he sees her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean to tell me you won't catch a tarpon in a catfish pond? And that tarpon may not be as rare and elusive as people fishing in catfish ponds might presume?

True. It's also true that women are biologically hard wired to want to have sex with the pack leader. So pond size matters a lot. The woman happily married to the biggest fish in her pond can turn on a dime to seething resentment of her man if they end up in a larger pond and she's exposed to bigger fish.

It's not her fault. Survival of the species depends on it.

And men are biologically hard wired to seek out fertile ground. Yet somehow, there are women who manage to not become a seething ball of resentment whenever a bigger, better deal strolls past, and there are men who can manage to not fall dick first into every nubile lady who bats her eyelashes at him or upgrade to a newer model whenever one becomes available. This suggests that we may be more than the sum of our parts, and character might make a difference. Perhaps a critical difference.

When I was about thirteen, my father told me that I was the prettiest girl in the world (the only time, to my knowledge he ever deliberately lied to me) but pretty faces were a dime a dozen so I shouldn't depend on that, and every other girl in the world was sitting on the same thing I was, so I shouldn't depend on that either.   He said the only way for a woman to get and hold an edge in life was through her intellect and character.  I've lived that advice all my life and I've been generally satisfied with the results.  I've never certainly never had to concern myself with the kind of man who thought of women as a commodity.

Why do think that was a lie? If a guy said that about his daughter I wouldn't doubt that is how he sees her.
Oh, I didn't mean that as a criticism.  I thought was sweet, still do.  But the bastard who built the house we lived in put a mirror over the sink in both bathrooms, so I had a pretty good idea of what the score was.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I come to ARF to be told that I'm actually a deluded, gold-digging whore, because that's what all women are. If I deny it, I'm just in denial. Some guy I've never met will educate me about my 'true' nature. He's got women all figured out, see. We're all secretly shallow whores, or if we haven't shown that side of ourselves, it's only a matter of time. These men have all the answers, know all the patterns. It's no use denying my 'real' self.
View Quote

You just made OP's post about you.

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh, I didn't mean that as a criticism.  I thought was sweet, still do.  But the bastard who built the house we lived in put a mirror over the sink in both bathrooms, so I had a pretty good idea of what the score was.
View Quote

Different side of the coin----I remember asking my mom when I was about 7 or 8 who was prettier, me or my little friend Amy who lived down the street.  She said she thought I was cute but that she'd always had a soft spot for blue eyes and blonde hair which Amy had so she thought Amy was just a little prettier than I was.  

She had the cutest dimples too so I didn't stand a chance.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which I'd encourage someone I was with to *own the room.*  That's the most retarded thing I've heard and I've been here a long time.  

I can't stand people who feel like they have something to prove.  The only people who can get away with that are the ones who genuinely command attention through no fault of their own and, ideally, are unaware of it.  For everyone else it's very obviously posturing and reeks of insecurity.
View Quote

Pretty sure that any guy that wants to "Own the room" can't, shouldn't and won't.  

WTF would I want to do that?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that any guy that wants to "Own the room" can't, shouldn't and won't.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  

And if I'm with someone and they *advise* me to behave in certain ways for their.....social approval (?).....Lord Jesus.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

the much better article

here
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Different side of the coin----I remember asking my mom when I was about 7 or 8 who was prettier, me or my little friend Amy who lived down the street.  She said she thought I was cute but that she'd always had a soft spot for blue eyes and blonde hair which Amy had so she thought Amy was just a little prettier than I was.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awful.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The only thing I can really agree on is if a man or woman is in their mid-30s and never married there is a damn good reason for it and you should always proceed with caution......Otherwise it seemed more of a white millennial 1st world problem type of thing.

View Quote

I'm 30 and see no intention of getting married.
My sister and her BF are both 30 and never married.

Got a few friends who are in their 40-50s and never married.

People are starting to wise up to the fact that marriage is really not all its cracked up to be.

Blame that on past experience with divorce or what have you, but people generally don't want caught up in the BS.

If you're single and happy, no reason to get married if you are getting booty for free.
Marriage is for suckers  

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

People are starting to wise up to the fact that marriage is really not all its cracked up to be.

Blame that on past experience with divorce or what have you, but people generally don't want caught up in the BS.

If you're single and happy, no reason to get married if you are getting booty for free.
Marriage is for suckers  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing I can really agree on is if a man or woman is in their mid-30s and never married there is a damn good reason for it and you should always proceed with caution......Otherwise it seemed more of a white millennial 1st world problem type of thing.

Marriage is for suckers  

But then it's not a problem, is it? It's not an issue. If Bob and Carol are both fine single and 40, so what? People aren't marrying in Europe either and it's not the source of worries about how those men and women are making mistakes, or that they're bad or something.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's awful.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awful.  

How so?  I don't think it was awful at all.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep.  

And if I'm with someone and they *advise* me to behave in certain ways for their.....social approval (?).....Lord Jesus.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  

Which is why you're not.  People that want someone that demands that is someone I won't associate with.  Even in my business I don't ever want to be the center of attention.  My goal is to make other people think that they are.  Whether they be employees or customers, I'm always just an addition.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope.  We all die alone, no matter your precautions.

Also, hello.  I gave up on the other thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I almost always assume that people who don't get married until later in life just spent a long time trying to find *the one*.    Sometimes they never do and decide to settle down anyway and get on with their life.  Not ideal, for sure, but not everyone finds *the one* when they're young.

Nope.  We all die alone, no matter your precautions.

Also, hello.  I gave up on the other thread.

Me too.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Marriage is for suckers  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marriage is for suckers  

Spoken by someone with no idea what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife talks about that all the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Workout for 30 mins a day, become in top percentile in this nation of the obese, take your pick of ladies?

Doesn't seem hard to me.
View Quote

Basically this.  And having money too helps a lot.  You can use that as a teaser. Letting them think they could be part of that if they are good enough.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Which is why you're not.  People that want someone that demands that is someone I won't associate with.  Even in my business I don't ever want to be the center of attention.  My goal is to make other people think that they are.  Whether they be employees or customers, I'm always just an addition.
View Quote

Have you ever been having a conversation with someone and they're barely paying attention to you because they're constantly fiddling with their clothes, scanning the room, etc?  Makes me feel like I'm back in middle school.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awful.  

I don't know.  I just thought it was.  But what I think is irrelevant.  All that matters is what you think.  And I've been amused, if not actually charmed, by things said to me that others would have probably thought a mortal insult.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have you ever been having a conversation with someone and they're barely paying attention to you because they're constantly fiddling with their clothes, scanning the room, etc?  Makes me feel like I'm back in middle school.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own a brewery/winery...Welcome to my world.  We had a big crowd this Saturday during the Nebraska game.  Mostly women.  All of them decked out in the "cutest Husker gear", none of them watching the game.  All of them watching everyone else.  

There were quite a few guys here also, but the women are obvious about trying to impress other women.  They work harder at it than the guys do.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#24]
NVM
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the much better article
here

https://media.giphy.com/media/VJ2B0I6t2HEUE/giphy.gif

How does one even read that? I'm not terribly intelligent nor sober, but that reads like a comments section from some shitty ass Yahoo News article.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Basically this.  And having money too helps a lot.  You can use that as a teaser. Letting them think they could be part of that if they are good enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Workout for 30 mins a day, become in top percentile in this nation of the obese, take your pick of ladies?

Doesn't seem hard to me.

Fishes for vapid, gold digging sluts.
Gets vapid, gold digging sluts.
Complains that women are just no good.

eta: or doesn't get them, the last line remains the same.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SMV = Sexual Market Value. When a person is seen in public with an attractive and charming partner, their SMV goes up, meaning they become more attractive to other potential partners.
View Quote

the TRP calculator says I'm a 7
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know.  I just thought it was.  But what I think is irrelevant.  All that matters is what you think.  And I've been amused, if not actually charmed, by things said to me that others would have probably thought a mortal insult.
View Quote

Ah, ok.  If it helps, Amy WAS really pretty.  Still is.  

My mom has always held it as a point of pride that she's never knowingly lied to any of us and the few times that exchange was brought up after I was an adult we sort of giggled about it and acknowledged it was true.  

I don't know.  We were never brought up to consider looks as anything other than (rather unimportantly) incidental to who people are so I didn't have a whole lot riding on the answer.  I would have been slightly miffed if I had asked which of us was smarter or funnier and she picked the other person.  Even if it was true.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I own a brewery/winery...Welcome to my world.  We had a big crowd this Saturday during the Nebraska game.  Mostly women.  All of them decked out in the "cutest Husker gear", none of them watching the game.  All of them watching everyone else.  

There were quite a few guys here also, but the women are obvious about trying to impress other women.  They work harder at it than the guys do.
View Quote

Well, I do like to people watch.  Just not when I'm conversing with someone else.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#30]
These "red pill" articles always come across as a little creepy and autistic.  Do you get more Hit Points if you become a third-level Alpha?  What kind of weird-shaped die do you have to roll if you're a Gamma, and does it have more sides than an Epsilon's Getting Laid die?  Doesn't seem to make much sense that someone who is an Alpha Male (tm) who gets laid whenever he wants would have to put this much thought and effort into it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SMV = Sexual Market Value. When a person is seen in public with an attractive and charming partner, their SMV goes up, meaning they become more attractive to other potential partners.

You're getting a huge bump from having a wife that is way fucking out of your league.  Without her you're a solid 4.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#32]
And why I have been married 25 years.  I have no time for that bullshit.  I was an 80% back in the day.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Our relationships are a reflection of ourselves and our values.

Articles like this are self stroking cod pieces for narcissistic self entitled wannabe intellectuals.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Redpill = a bunch of aspie dorks who can't get laid and are angry at women over it.
View Quote

Never underestimate the power of autism. Some of those clowns can go from social retard to chad thundercock due to their abilities to implement newly learned skills.  

Hell the book the game was written by someone many  believe is an aspie.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Genius. Works for guys, too.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol @ "The Red Pill." A bunch of creepy ass misogynist basement dwellers who are obsessed with sex and why they don't get an
Here's a hint: if all you want out of a relationship with a female is to find some place to wet your dick as quickly as humanly possible, don't be surprised when you find yourself in the company of women with an equally fucked up mentality.

I'll admit that my experiences with women are quite alien to those of the average horn dog for one simple reason: the friends in my life who are female (all of which are marriage material, one of which I'm dating) would't touch one with a 10 foot pole. The average horn dog will never know them. He will never know girls like that exist because they avoid men like him. Thus his understanding of women will always be skewed (much as mine is, but in a very different way). That is, I think, "The Red Pill" in a nutshell.

Naamah and I said exactly this in a thread exactly like this one several months ago.  If I want to be seen, I will be.  And I don't have to make a spectacle of myself, either.  It's largely a matter of facial expression and body language, maybe slightly different makeup.  It's mostly projecting that you know who you are and where you're going.  Having an air of being amused, slightly above it all, just watching the monkeys at the zoo will work too. I'm not saying I'm going to have a crowd around me; I won't.  But they'll be aware of me.   If I don't want to be noticed, a guy's apt to trip over me without seeing me.

TC

It's called peacocking. But I imagine Pj wou.dnt approve of it because it's game 101.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Ho Gunna Ho
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Denying that women are attracted to the pack leader is like denying that men are attracted  to a sexy, beautiful, fertile  22 year old women.  But people often react with denial the first time they are exposed to the truth.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Denying that women are attracted to the pack leader is like denying that men are attracted  to a sexy, beautiful, fertile  22 year old women.  But people often react with denial the first time they are exposed to the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy pretending to own the room is very rarely the guy that  owns the room.   A man that owns the room doesn't have to try to own the room.  And why would he want to?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#39]
The red pill stuff is straight forward with no sugar coating. That alone scares a lot of men who aren't doing so well in life in general and women who know how the cards are dealt out in the real world. Any woman so says she isn't interested in a man who is successful, has good social skills, and is healthy (fit and in shape) is lying, period. They are hard wired to be attracted the best male they can get just like we are attracted to signs of female fertility.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The red pill stuff is straight forward with no sugar coating. That alone scares a lot of men who aren't doing so well in life in general and women who know how the cards are dealt out in the real world. Any woman so says she isn't interested in a man who is successful, has good social skills, and is healthy (fit and in shape) is lying, period. They are hard wired to be attracted the best male they can get just like we are attracted to signs of female fertility.
View Quote

But for some reason they deny it and get angry/scared when men learn it and share that info.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But for some reason they deny it and get angry/scared when men learn it and share that info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, denial is the first reaction of many. I've been reading rp for a bit now. All my issues were layed out right in front me as were as clear as daylight. It has motivated me to deal with and work on getting those issues fixed, exercise and health being my major goals.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I come to ARF to be told that I'm actually a deluded, gold-digging whore, because that's what all women are. If I deny it, I'm just in denial. Some guy I've never met will educate me about my 'true' nature. He's got women all figured out, see. We're all secretly shallow whores, or if we haven't shown that side of ourselves, it's only a matter of time. These men have all the answers, know all the patterns. It's no use denying my 'real' self.

I've been following these threads on ARF for a while now.

In the minds of SomeMen, these theories are about all women, including me, OATT, Jane, Snow, Naamah, all ladies everywhere. Because that's how these guys think. It's about our moms too. When someone like OATT contradicted some of the retarded bullshit in these "theories" in a recent thread, she was told that she actually fit the pattern, or was an exception to the pattern, because ...

It's endlessly entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Our relationships are a reflection of ourselves and our values.

Articles like this are self stroking cod pieces for narcissistic self entitled wannabe intellectuals.
View Quote

I'm in agreement.   Guess I was smart enough to avoid the obviously damaged goods.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The very concept of "best man" is weird. It's not like we can all agree on who the "best man" is. You look for the best man and woman for you. I like Sam Elliot, she likes Justin Bieber. I chase a carpenter, she chases an accountant. We're going to 'rate' men differently. I assume you guys are the same. I'm not going to pass up a super compatible, relatively broke, Danny Trejo lookalike because I can get a handsome lawyer, that's nice but has nothing in common with me, just because the majority of women would say the Lawyer is waaaayyyy better.

It just seems so weird to pretend there's a KBB of SMV, and that lovers stick to that and that it's some kind of competition. 'I got an orthodontist with a sixpack, you got a park ranger 10 years your senior, you lose!". So bizarre.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so angry and scared. Not confused, not amused, just angry and scared. Maybe furious and terrified even.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol @ "The Red Pill." A bunch of creepy ass misogynist basement dwellers who are obsessed with sex and why they don't get an
Here's a hint: if all you want out of a relationship with a female is to find some place to wet your dick as quickly as humanly possible, don't be surprised when you find yourself in the company of women with an equally fucked up mentality.

I'll admit that my experiences with women are quite alien to those of the average horn dog for one simple reason: the friends in my life who are female (all of which are marriage material, one of which I'm dating) would't touch one with a 10 foot pole. The average horn dog will never know them. He will never know girls like that exist because they avoid men like him. Thus his understanding of women will always be skewed (much as mine is, but in a very different way). That is, I think, "The Red Pill" in a nutshell.

Naamah and I said exactly this in a thread exactly like this one several months ago.  If I want to be seen, I will be.  And I don't have to make a spectacle of myself, either.  It's largely a matter of facial expression and body language, maybe slightly different makeup.  It's mostly projecting that you know who you are and where you're going.  Having an air of being amused, slightly above it all, just watching the monkeys at the zoo will work too. I'm not saying I'm going to have a crowd around me; I won't.  But they'll be aware of me.   If I don't want to be noticed, a guy's apt to trip over me without seeing me.

TC

Most of this PUA stuff works on people - male or female - so long as they're very young, very dumb, or very dysfunctional.  There's no one easier to play than a player. But that wasn't the point.  The guy I was responding said the the PUA crowd thinks their shit is applicable to all women because their experience is limited to those upon which their shit works. That other women will recognize them for what they are and simply avoid them.  I was agreeing and saying that I can basically make myself invisible, which is usually the best way to deal with assholes. There's really nothing unusual about this idea.  Think of all the those candid pictures you've seen of female celebrities: ratty clothes, rat's nest hair, no makeup, generally looking like death sucking a lemon.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Dad always told me that you have to look in the mirror of life and reevaluate your self perception from time to time when you are young, and more often as

you age.  Had an Ex that thought the grass was greener, but by her own admission she married a lessor version of me.
View Quote
yep my ex did the same thing and come to find out her second husband was never divorced from his first wife and passed her off to another Paratrooper.

Her last husband is a carbon copy of me except he didn't go to Ranger school(retired E-7, 82nd,11B, Jumpmaster etc).

My wife is still hot and is 5' 4" 135lbs(was 125 when we met 18yrs ago), my ex is pushing 180-200lbs easily(5' 7"), and its not a pretty or sexy 180-200.

Free

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's called peacocking. But I imagine Pj wou.dnt approve of it because it's game 101.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC

No, it isn't.  It's called "staying under the assholes' radar" - all the better to point surreptitiously abd snicker ever so softly - by very subtle changes in appearance, posture, and mannerisms.  "Peacocking" is about attracting attention; SUTARing is about avoiding it.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The very concept of "best man" is weird. It's not like we can all agree on who the "best man" is. You look for the best man and woman for you. I like Sam Elliot, she likes Justin Bieber. I chase a carpenter, she chases an accountant. We're going to 'rate' men differently. I assume you guys are the same. I'm not going to pass up a super compatible, relatively broke, Danny Trejo lookalike because I can get a handsome lawyer, that's nice but has nothing in common with me, just because the majority of women would say the Lawyer is waaaayyyy better.

It just seems so weird to pretend there's a KBB of SMV, and that lovers stick to that and that it's some kind of competition. 'I got an orthodontist with a sixpack, you got a park ranger 10 years your senior, you lose!". So bizarre.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, maybe not really.  Is it all that unusual for losers to change the parameters of a game so they can tell themselves they're winning?  This whole PUA /MGTOW scenario is like a Dungeons and Dragons version of real intimate relationships.  I'm telling you: those Japanese sex dolls can't come to market fast enough to suit me.  
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top