Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put yourself in his situation, I would not go back to any property that I had ties to in anyway.

Would you?
View Quote

Fast forward to the 4 minute mark. Mike telling Saul how to find the Kettlemens

Better Caul Saul | Mike Gives Jimmy a Clue (Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks)
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What if he had a prepositioned vehicle (wheeled or water vehicle) at the boat ramp and has had all this time to move freely in a vehicle the cops don’t know about?  If so he broke his trail and could be anywhere by now.  
View Quote

The boat launch is a place that's probably on LE's nightly checklist, like they'd do a trailhead check in other places.  If he stashed a car there, LE would probably have made a note of it.  Also, LE would have a list of any vehicles registered to this guy - other vehicle descriptions would have gone out last night related to him, and that didn't happen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can't imagine anything federal will happen. Not likely to get 60 votes in the senate to bust filibuster and the GOP house isn't going to do it anyway.

I am concerned for the state of Maine. They are going to have a hard fight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeesh.

Susan Collins - Supports Hi cap mag ban, historically supported AWB but was sabotaged by Feinstein trying expand the ban. Supports raising rifle age to 21, supports legislatively banning bumpstocks.

The senate is looking rough, I hope the new Speaker of the House has balls of steel.

I can't imagine anything federal will happen. Not likely to get 60 votes in the senate to bust filibuster and the GOP house isn't going to do it anyway.

Probably true, however the filibuster itself only needs a simple majority to be modified. It would hopefully take more than a shooting for someone to cave on something that big. Also it would be, hopefully, pointless to nuke it with a split legislature.

I agree about Maine, probably a few states will get fucked from this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Federal talk is all noise. They will continue picking off one state at a time. It’s an effective plan and all but assured to work given enough time and patience.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congress doesn’t want to touch it, they got a lot of blow back with the AWB and those types of rifles weren’t even 5% as popular as they are now.

Like abortion, debt, etc, “AWs” give them a talking point to look like they actually give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Appears so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so the house was a nothingburger.

Appears so.

I think the Subaru was registered to the address up on West Road, an address LE immediately went to last night, and one that they searched earlier today.  I think they found the suicide note at the address up on West Road.  Of course, just because he wrote a suicide note doesn't mean he followed through on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I realize that he was believed to be “on the run,” but … it took them 24 hours to end up at his fucking house, a few miles away? Like, none of the hundreds of cops involved thought, “gee maybe we should stick a couple cars at his house in case he comes home,” and … get a fucking search warrant for it?
View Quote

Don't be so obtuse, people do move you know with their legs and shit.

Are you in the same exact spot every 24 hours?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think the Subaru was registered to the address up on West Road, an address LE immediately went to last night, and one that they searched earlier today.  I think they found the suicide note at the address up on West Road.  Of course, just because he wrote a suicide note doesn't mean he followed through on it.
View Quote

Was involved in a case where we were reading the note as he was killing himself and victim (just took that long to get it all figured out).  Shootings happened across from the police station.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is still more wishful thinking to lay the blame anywhere else. The sheer number of people on SSRIs and guns, and cars, and matches and gasoline cans, we’d see this bore out in the numbers pretty quickly. I haven’t seen any studies that suggest they cause some sort of inhibition of general violent criminality. It’s just a fuzzy logic connection the gun community hopes can explain away, and draw attention away from, schizophrenics being able to get their hands on guns, without any real data(again that I’ve seen) to suggest it’s a direct cause of these events. Maybe lunatics shouldn’t be out on the streets?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had taken fluoxetine a couple years back and I can tell you the gap between the thought of doing something dangerous and actually doing is greatly reduced. A crack head walks in front of you car and you don’t slow down because you’re perfectly fine with what ever happens. You drive over an overpass or pass impact absorbing rails and wonder what it would be like to run right into it. It got scary as hell and I went off cold turkey against my doctors recommendation. What’s worse, brain zaps or getting fucked in prison for running people over.

This is still more wishful thinking to lay the blame anywhere else. The sheer number of people on SSRIs and guns, and cars, and matches and gasoline cans, we’d see this bore out in the numbers pretty quickly. I haven’t seen any studies that suggest they cause some sort of inhibition of general violent criminality. It’s just a fuzzy logic connection the gun community hopes can explain away, and draw attention away from, schizophrenics being able to get their hands on guns, without any real data(again that I’ve seen) to suggest it’s a direct cause of these events. Maybe lunatics shouldn’t be out on the streets?

Not trying to lay the blame. I think the goal of my post was to add some anecdotal experience that a lot of the drugs out there make problems worse, not better. this dude had a complete psychotic break and his command did the right thing in taking the FIRST steps, but everything on the backend broke down.

There's usually a talk I had with Marines who were having a hard time where I asked them if I could hold on to the guns for a little bit and all of them eventually agreed. Heck, there was a time when I emptied my safe and left everything at my SNCOIC house aside from an AR with a blue bolt so I could still train. It's a fine and blurry line between personal accountability and insistence on those around you to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I realize that he was believed to be “on the run,” but … it took them 24 hours to end up at his fucking house, a few miles away? Like, none of the hundreds of cops involved thought, “gee maybe we should stick a couple cars at his house in case he comes home,” and … get a fucking search warrant for it?
View Quote

They were on scene last night, you could hear then en route to the homes last night, at 9:15pm, they had the few vehicles they could spare heading there.  How long they stayed, I don't know.  You could hear what sounded like some relief work, but that doesn't preclude the guy from sneaking into some place that he knew well through the woods and into a back door, or so.  Or, the countless outbuildings scattered about the farmland his family members own.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd bet this pussy is dead already, if he was still alive he would have tried to pull some more shit today.

He's not just hanging out with all that adrenalin and doing nothing.

Unless he's on some heavy drugs to calm himself down, he's dead and I hope that's the case.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They haven't really released it yet, but the 10 victims that haven't been identified yet are children. I hope this guy finds a special place in hell for all of eternity.
View Quote

Hmm, interesting first post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Disagree.  It is not impossible to carry everywhere there aren’t metal detectors while doing active stuff.
Stop listening to the military and police when it comes to carrying a gun concealed.

Start with a single holster from smartcarry.com and appendix carry no matter what gut you have.

The lives of you and yours are certainly worth that aren’t they?!?!?!?
View Quote

Agree 1000%.  Carry.  Keep it concealed.  No one will notice in your town, or if they do, they won't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe you two could get a room together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's probably already dead. They're just in the process now of editing his social media, writing a backstory painting him as a far right extremist, and writing his manifesto.

Hard to argue with any of this.

Maybe you two could get a room together.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Was involved in a case where we were reading the note as he was killing himself and victim (just took that long to get it all figured out).  Shootings happened across from the police station.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all so easy in hindsight.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I just want to thank the OP for keeping the thread title up to date.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When card was speaking with a family member, he said those were the two places where he heard the voices, and they were talking about him.
View Quote

What about the Walmart distribution ctr?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Someone I follow on Twitter is saying Card suicided himself
View Quote

Good chance he did, they just have to find the corpse. If they end up taking him alive, well......it would just be extraordinary. This particular incident is kind of a first, and if he's still put there and still armed, this could get a lot nastier.

Hope he's fucking dead.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agree 1000%.  Carry.  Keep it concealed.  No one will notice in your town, or if they do, they won't give a fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disagree.  It is not impossible to carry everywhere there aren’t metal detectors while doing active stuff.
Stop listening to the military and police when it comes to carrying a gun concealed.

Start with a single holster from smartcarry.com and appendix carry no matter what gut you have.

The lives of you and yours are certainly worth that aren’t they?!?!?!?

Fuck, I pocket carry a Smith Airweight in a sleeve holster year round, LOTS of places you're not supposed to - never even had a glance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What about the Walmart distribution ctr?
View Quote
That was someone there saying he was in the parking lot and them locking down the building. The broken glass was the police when they responded to the call.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, thanks OP. You're doing a fantastic job and I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. No one notices anything anymore. That video that got posted earlier of the dude with an AR walking around the condo and no one batted an eye.

I used to worry about printing but the only people that will notice are other gun guys. I have been overly blatant with it sometimes, like I wasn't expecting to get out of the car and had to run back into the fast food place. No one even gave me a second look.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
YW. This whole situation is a shit show from the whackjob POS they're looking for to the POS whackjobs in social media and politics trying to profit from it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I may end up being wrong, but I bet the guy offed himself in the water near the boat ramp.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Never knew CBP used those. On way to ME?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. That’s pretty awesome
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
YW. This whole situation is a shit show from the whackjob POS they're looking for to the POS whackjobs in social media and politics trying to profit from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems like every high-profile mass shooting, the details surrounding it just get more absurd. Lots of "dropping the ball" that could have prevented these. At least LE doesn't appear to be completely fucking up, like Parkland and Uvalde.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I may end up being wrong, but I bet the guy offed himself in the water near the boat ramp.
View Quote

Thats what I said to my wife, he is either fish bait already or..took a boat ride and then did it elsewhere.

Dead or in jail, I don't care. I just hope that if he is dead, they find him so the victims know and the cops aren't wasting thousands and thousands of man hours looking for him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Said that 20 pages ago offed at boat ramp.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#34]
There’s lots of places to hide to avoid thermal. They should be checking the dam below for his body
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#35]
If I have time this weekend I’m going to go look to where I think he is
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why not just notify or suggest this location to LE?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Ain’t the Canadian border up yonder a touch ?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Has it been discussed (I've looked through almost all of the pages in this thread), that the security cam footage doesn't look like the guy's pic they are posting up.

https://i.ibb.co/cxhxNrW/shooter.jpg

I am no conspiracy guy, but the photo on the left is not of the same guy, and that's regardless of new or old pic.  Even if he thinned out...sorry, but it's not.

People are dead, and the guy that shot them is still at large, but I've got to wonder.  I saw someone else from that town post a few posts earlier that the time to get between the bowling alley and the bar is a bit too tight when compared to the calls coming in.

View Quote

That was my thought from the first time I saw the photos and video stills.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because that didn’t sound as cool in his head as telling Arfcom that he’s gonna get him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd bet this pussy is dead already, if he was still alive he would have tried to pull some more shit today.

He's not just hanging out with all that adrenalin and doing nothing.

Unless he's on some heavy drugs to calm himself down, he's dead and I hope that's the case.

View Quote

Unless his plan is to run and hide in the woods like Eric Ruldolph or Eric Frein.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Dude has now had almost 24 hours on the run. Let's hope he's not relocating for another event.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't understand how any grown man can purposely kill innocent children. Just cant even imagine how anyone justifies this to themselves. I honestly don't nt think they even deserve the death penalty. Id pay out of my own pocket to keep them alive...to be tortured daily, for as many years as modern medicine can keep them alive. There is no fate bad enough....and death would be a gift.

I really sincerely hope that this piece of shit suffers as much as any human body can endure.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know him ? Why would you have an idea where he is or did you mean just a general idea of where a good area to hide in Maine is ? If so, its gotta be a huge area and a one man search isn't likely going to get far.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Food for thought:

They know where he isn’t.  If they simply subtract all the places he isn’t from 1, they will know where he is.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I am not going to go get him I think he’s already deceased . The wardens have already checked the river I just think he’s in there
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

his car was found at a small boat launch parking lot where there would not have been any boats. its mostly used for canoes and the ramp is usually chained. there are two paved multiuse trails and a bridge. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28822/park_jpg-3005342.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vast majority of mass shooters (not gang members, those aren't mass shootings by any stretch of a reasonable person's mind) either commit suicide by the time the police show up, or duke it out with the cops until getting canoed.

Very few mass shooters shoot up a location and then leave to go shoot up another. Based off the reports of one of Card's vehicles being found at that boatyard, my bet is that he stole a boat and fled somewhere.

his car was found at a small boat launch parking lot where there would not have been any boats. its mostly used for canoes and the ramp is usually chained. there are two paved multiuse trails and a bridge. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28822/park_jpg-3005342.JPG
I lived in Lisbon up til 2011, agree it would be really hard to get much under the 196 bridge from that boat ramp. Canoe or kayak at best, there's a launch on the river on the other side of Lisbon Falls not too far away, for boats.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dude has now had almost 24 hours on the run. Let's hope he's not relocating for another event.
View Quote

More time goes buy, the lesser the chance they find him.  

Hopefully he's offed himself, but usually they only do that when they're about to be caught, don't they?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was it determined that he had a boat tied up there ? I've read so many different posts from he had a jetski there to a canoe .

If he killed himself by walking in the water waist high they would have recovered the firearm there .

They had divers in there . If he killed himself not to far from there they will find the body eventually .
I haven't seen any reports of hounds being used but maybe they used them .

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am not going to go get him I think he's already deceased . The wardens have already checked the river I just think he's in there
View Quote
If he is, he'll need a few days to float again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Yeah they’ve had them for years. They work down south a lot. When I was on a patrol off the west coast of central and South America, they air dropped parts for our helo out of a customs P3 and we had to launch our small boat to go retrieve the crate in the ocean.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top