Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I felt like I met a celebrities when I used to sit next to Tom Caron and Joey Gamache in church.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol! I'm not used to those damned southerners like Joe.

I felt like I met a celebrities when I used to sit next to Tom Caron and Joey Gamache in church.

You are a Maineac
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yup and Maine is transitioning from having State Police patrol the rural areas to putting it back on local and county level law enforcement and making the State Police more of a highway patrol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. This one event saw 18 people killed. In all of 2022 there were 29 murders statewide. 15 of those were domestic. There aren't a lot of police in most areas.

Yup and Maine is transitioning from having State Police patrol the rural areas to putting it back on local and county level law enforcement and making the State Police more of a highway patrol.

Doesn't Maine's SOs have more of a traditional countywide LE role as opposed the the scaled back New England model where they mostly just run the jail and transport?

Vermont may be similar to ME as I've seen a few Essex County SO cars doing traffic.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If he’s not dead already, I wonder how long until he resurfaces. If he is still breathing I figure he’s surprised that he is still here and is now confused on next steps or he’s holed up at his Alamo waiting for them to come.
View Quote

Should take about 3 days for the gas to build up enough to float him, if he is in the water.

Not my bet though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

North of the Golden Road is no joke.
View Quote

A man could disappear up there if he has the skills and never be found
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine went through the ice on Sebago Lake and was never found. I think the divers looked for him for like a week before it was called off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Doesn't Maine's SOs have more of a traditional countywide LE role as opposed the the scaled back New England model where they mostly just run the jail and transport?

Vermont may be similar to ME as I've seen a few Essex County SO cars doing traffic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. This one event saw 18 people killed. In all of 2022 there were 29 murders statewide. 15 of those were domestic. There aren't a lot of police in most areas.

Yes the deputies are law enforcement for the county.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
“Multiple” guns found in Lewiston shooting suspect Robert Card's home

Story is light on details so it must be developing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ours do both
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Turns out the firearms instructor bit was fake news. Was his -alleged- Twitter page fake too?
View Quote

looks like the guy tweeted last night.

https://twitter.com/RobertC2004180
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mmmm, not if he cut his stomach open, a little seppuku, he will stay down on the bottom with the crabs.

My money is still E&E, regrouping, rearming and retargeting.
View Quote

Hope he isn't trying to be like the fucker in the Rampage movie.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on the county honestly.

My friend's brother's agency is starting to do shifts like Fire Departments where they sleep at the station til activated at night.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last post was Oct 25. Super weird.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone is trolling that account hard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I view my CCW the same way I view my penis.

It hangs off me everywhere I go but I don't show it to anyone and I only pull it out when I absolutely need to.*

* Disregard my screen name for this post please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My man.

The person who was definitely not me, kept it in the "secret" pouch in his or her backpack. They also may or may not have planned on just policing their brass and leaving should they have had to engage an active shooter.

Our guards were also unarmed, so they weren't going to be of much help.

ETA: ours had signs, but also had the weight of actual criminal law and jail time.

I view my CCW the same way I view my penis.

It hangs off me everywhere I go but I don't show it to anyone and I only pull it out when I absolutely need to.*

* Disregard my screen name for this post please.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turns out the firearms instructor bit was fake news. Was his -alleged- Twitter page fake too?

Pretty sure this is a different piece of shit posting that crap. I know, free speech and all, but I'd honestly have to pause if given the chance to shoot only one between the two fuckers. In Minecraft, of course.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]
So not only posting bullshit, but it was his ONE post?   Hope he got the hammer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#17]
'It's a mad house': Maine gun store overrun with customers after telling scared residents to 'come down for protection or ammo' after bowling alley massacre

More
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Anything new from yhe last 5 pages?

I know they haven't caught him because of the title but any leads or just more chasing their tail?

Quoted:

What's pretty fucking damning about that is the fact that police were looking for a large black man.  Singular.  Yet they attempted to make kill shots on the driver AND the passenger in that vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're nuts if you think I'm disregarding that screen name

This!

Originally Posted By @Ike838:
https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2013/02/car_shot.jpg

That is a lot of hate directed at that Tacoma.  I find interesting that the picture shows both entrance and exit damage from the shots. Did he circle  it while he was shooting it up?

There were two kindle aged women in that truck. They were out delivering newspapers or something. Fucking keystone cops out in LA hopped out and started blasting. I don't think either women were hit, do that's a plus.

What's pretty fucking damning about that is the fact that police were looking for a large black man.  Singular.  Yet they attempted to make kill shots on the driver AND the passenger in that vehicle.

Right?! But they're the only ones professional enough to have weapons of war!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is some sick ass humor.  

Of course I chuckled at some of it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is what I would do. Aroostook County is 3/4 the size of New Hampshire and has a population of 60k. Most of those people are in specific areas. You could go off grid there for months without seeing another person.
View Quote

Most likely not. The "county" is very closely knit. They watch all outsiders. You can't just hole up in a potato patch and expect to just "disappear". People will notice.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My heart aches for the victims and I pray the criminal is brought to justice.
The above said, I'm also worried this event being another reason we lose rights in the future.
View Quote
Yep, me too.   The left will (already have) twist and promulgate this for all they can to push their commie agenda.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#23]
All routes to and from the boat launch in Lisbon are littered with businesses, schools, government buildings and homes. This guy had to have passed a ton of cameras that could help establish timelines, including how/if he left that area...right? Have any talking heads asked about that? Thoughts from locals?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Some fool needs to be checked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
They haven't really released it yet, but the 10 victims that haven't been identified yet are children. I hope this guy finds a special place in hell for all of eternity.
Some fool needs to be checked.
I believe a mod zapped him for this post (his FIRST), hopefully permanently
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn't see anything remotely humorous on that page. Twisted fuck tho...
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
POF Rogue

Weighs only 6 lbs.
View Quote

Price on this?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All routes to and from the boat launch in Lisbon are littered with businesses, schools, government buildings and homes. This guy had to have passed a ton of cameras that could help establish timelines, including how/if he left that area...right? Have any talking heads asked about that? Thoughts from locals?
View Quote

That would be part of a standard investigation for sure. I don’t think there would be as many working cameras as you think. Hopefully they uncover something if there is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Most likely not. The "county" is very closely knit. They watch all outsiders. You can't just hole up in a potato patch and expect to just "disappear". People will notice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I would do. Aroostook County is 3/4 the size of New Hampshire and has a population of 60k. Most of those people are in specific areas. You could go off grid there for months without seeing another person.

The County is largely unpopulated. North of Greenville and Millinocket and west of 95 and Rt 11 is a whole lot of nothing.

Not to mention the world has changed. Ft. Kent, Presque Isle and their "suburbs" have turned to meth. There is a lot of minding your own business going on nowadays. Its sad as hell.

ETA-fat fingered Rt. 11
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LE is spread thin in northern New England.  Probably even more so in Maine.  

Here next door in NH, there are two counties which have a boatload of towns covered solely by state police which might have one or two on duty.  Expect an hour response time and not really exaggerating at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong: doesn't Maine have less law enforcement coverage than other comparable states since its crime rates are so low, even for rural areas?

Here next door in NH, there are two counties which have a boatload of towns covered solely by state police which might have one or two on duty.  Expect an hour response time and not really exaggerating at all.

This is the truth. Where we are we assume that we'll have to handle anything that comes at us because SP is at least a half hour away. Ditto for fire and EMS.

We actually kind of like it that way.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
She is so vile. Her popularity, and that the masses could be influenced by her is a testimony to the depth of our problems, and the stupidity of our population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She is so vile. Her popularity, and that the masses could be influenced by her is a testimony to the depth of our problems, and the stupidity of our population.
absolutely right
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
'It's a mad house': Maine gun store overrun with customers after telling scared residents to 'come down for protection or ammo' after bowling alley massacre

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/27/20/77093995-12681133-image-a-1_1698435121075.jpg

More
View Quote

i'll be they sold every single one of their AR's.  even the 20" fixed butt-stock ones.  and probably out of 5.56 55gr and GT.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last tweet and the werewolf one are pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
And I don't know, but my guess is that most of them were in a very few cities.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Hunters going out to hunt up there will serve as extra eyes to spy for this guy in the deep Maine woods.

Feds don’t like getting up at 3am in order to bag that Big Buck at dawn, but they’re happy to let someone else do the hard work and inform them afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of those posts are Especially in hindsight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hunters going out to hunt up there will serve as extra eyes to spy for this guy in the deep Maine woods.

Feds don’t like getting up at 3am in order to bag that Big Buck at dawn, but they’re happy to let someone else do the hard work and inform them afterwards.
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Golden Road and it's branches will take you all the way to Allagash if I remember correctly. I wouldn't bother crossing the border though. Could put you on the radar unnecessarily plenty of empty wilderness between Baxter and the border.
View Quote

Oh, absolutely! We've had the use of a camp in the Ludlow area for the last few years. A friend up there told us about working on the census, there are people living miles and miles into the woods, only accessible by 4 wheeler or sled in the winter. One could lay low indefinitely up there, if they're prepared for winter.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Did they call off hunting?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only in the towns with the shelter in place
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting
Hope they find this fucker fast

Stay safe up there
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this is where we will find some answers. Right now everything just feels like speculation. The guy is likely hiding in the woods, left the boat ramp in a separate vehicle and is LONG GONE, or dead in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ever sit and look over maps? I've spent months in northern Maine without seeing another person. My longest trip was 3 months. Just me and my dog.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the Lewiston/Lisbon and surrounding area yes, otherwise, no
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Shooter is dead. Locals reporting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Hearing reports that the shooter has been found dead.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This is the truth. Where we are we assume that we'll have to handle anything that comes at us because SP is at least a half hour away. Ditto for fire and EMS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong: doesn't Maine have less law enforcement coverage than other comparable states since its crime rates are so low, even for rural areas?

It's not so bad when you neighbor is a state trooper.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Shooter is dead. Locals reporting.
View Quote

If true, I hope it wasn’t quick.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking Ridiculous
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top