@mallninjamaster

Any luck?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
No it remains lost.

Until next time I guess.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My Great-granddad inherited a pistol that his father killed him self with.

I guess he didn’t care much for the sentiment, so he tossed it into a backcountry lake.

It has become something of a local legend and I have people ask me all the time which lake it might have been.

I do have a likely lead on the location and will maybe one day mount an expedition to look for it- though I don’t know what 100 years in a freshwater mountain lake will do to a civil war revolver.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My Dad showed me a stack of 8 1oz gold coins he had and then showed me where he hid them. About 6 months later he died and I went straight from the hospital to his apartment and they were gone from his hiding spot. I tore his place apart and never found them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Dad showed me a stack of 8 1oz gold coins he had and then showed me where he hid them. About 6 months later he died and I went straight from the hospital to his apartment and they were gone from his hiding spot. I tore his place apart and never found them.
View Quote
Guess you weren’t the only one he told.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've wondered if my step brother got them, he's a total POS.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
My Dad had a stash of silver and coins hidden in the basement that he hid in some old paint cans he had cleaned out.  Looking at them and seeing the paint dripped down the sides, you'd never guess what was inside.  They were in the back on the top shelf of some shelving in his work room.  Luckily I was the only one he told.  When he passed away, I got there to retrieve the cans before anyone started throwing stuff out.  When I showed my sisters what was inside, they became much more cautious about just tossing things without looking inside first.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top