BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's easy to innovate when you use cheap low risk chinese labor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like it or not Holosun is innovating while Trijicon plays golf and lites cigars with 100 dollar bills provided by the sucker know as the American tax payer.

So patriotic, much brave.

Mey, that's the current market place and why other technologies are so cheap. There is a common misconception that all Chinese products are of extremely low quality. Holosun is one of the companies that break this stereotype. Their products can match or come close to the quality of Japanese and even European optical devices.

Like the Chinese product or not, their shit works and works well. I really don't think Holosun is going to steal the market share away from Trijicon; they've been getting fat on military and LEO contracts...it's the nature of the free market. New companies (even Chinese companies) will add some competition and innovation. You may despise Holosun because of who owns it or where the products are made, but it the force the other monolithic optics companies to get off their ass and start innovating, that will be a win-win for the free market.

I like Trijicon, but Holsoun has so many better features and have proven pretty damn rugged and reliable over the past several years. I hate the CCP government, but I can appreciate an innovative, creative product and expert craftsmanship regardless of ethnicity.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Like it or not Holosun is innovating while Trijicon plays golf and lites cigars with 100 dollar bills provided by the sucker know as the American tax payer.

View Quote
Why anyone would buy Chinese shit over trijicon makes no sense to me. I just picked up an rmr for less than the holosun lineup at a local store. $400+ Chinese? Fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]

The Trijicon lady looks just like a stalker I once had.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How hard is it to figure out you shouldn't have take an optic off to change the battery.

Don't give me I can rezero in a couple of rounds excuse. I can't trust an optic if doing something as simple as changing the battery makes it not trustworthy. Stop making excuses for lack of effort.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why anyone would buy Chinese shit over trijicon makes no sense to me. I just picked up an rmr for less than the holosun lineup at a local store. $400+ Chinese? Fuck that.
View Quote

Just as reliable, vastly better access to battery compartments, fully water proof without sealing plate, much more innovative features from shake-awake to reticle choice and now choice of red or green.  I get the whole "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality, but some quite small innovative updates would vastly improve the RMR, which Trijicon simply doesn't think the end user is worth the investment or they're lazy with much larger contract sales.  Again, I like and appreciate the RMR for the rugged optic it is and being made in America, but Holosun blows their innovative pants off, and I don't give any company much slack when they're marketing features are over a decade old and they refuse to compete with features many in the market place are requesting.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they have indeed pulled this off it will revolutionize the rds on pistols.

The dual light sensors will be critical to make this work, if it is able to be at the right setting for all conditions while siting low enough to co-witness factory sights, major leap forward.
View Quote

His explanation of the battery power storage, charging and power use is also interesting.

I'll let others be the guinea pig (those days ended for me a long time ago), but if it works as they advertise, the only unanswered question is battery replacement down the road, unless I missed that some where.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks more like something pounded out by employees of the Slate Rock and Gravel Company than something Spacely Sprockets would produce.  Maybe the pic is a preproduction prototype.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you get your RMR online and only looked for holosun locally? Because a brand new 509t (actually enclosed, unlike your RMR) is 299.99.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How hard is it to figure out you shouldn't have take an optic off to change the battery.

Don't give me I can rezero in a couple of rounds excuse. I can't trust an optic if doing something as simple as changing the battery makes it not trustworthy. Stop making excuses for lack of effort.
View Quote

I keep hearing this gripe but it doesn’t make it any less lame.

It accounts for like five minutes a year.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Has anyone ever noticed a POI shift after removing an RMR and replacing the battery?
View Quote

Like one or two clicks maybe.

What I would consider to be within the margin of error.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please share the name of your local store so we can all buy a cheap RMR.  Bonus if they ship.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wait, a couple pages back it was stated this sight has a 2,000 hour charge life.  It just jumped by a factor of 10X to 20,000?  So you need to stick it under a light every couple of years for a few hours and then you can stick it in a safe for a couple more years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need rechargeable button cells that work with Apple Watch charger.

Not with 20,000 hour internal battery life you don’t

Wait, a couple pages back it was stated this sight has a 2,000 hour charge life.  It just jumped by a factor of 10X to 20,000?  So you need to stick it under a light every couple of years for a few hours and then you can stick it in a safe for a couple more years?

Correct. The reps in the videos at SHOT Show have stated multiple times the internal battery holds 20,000 hours of charge or roughly two years. And to recharge it just take your slide off and leave it sitting under a lamp for a night
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If it fits a RMR mount, I'll probably put one on my 22/45 lite for sure.  My carry weapon?  Probably not.
View Quote

It fits the factory optics cut in the slide. That’s the point. If you want an RMR footprint, they make the 407/507/508
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try to follow the logic here:

Because Holosun is better ??
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seen that a few times and have wondered if the woman in the top pic has seen herself portrayed as the "obese woman"
View Quote

I would assume she owns a mirror and it's not a surprise
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like one or two clicks maybe.

What I would consider to be within the margin of error.
View Quote

I've never had an RMR be off more than 1 click after a battery change.  I also only have slides milled for the RMR, so they fit tight, that might be different on a plate setup like the MOS???  I always check zero after a battery change, but if the zombie's are coming and I don't have to time to check zero....I wouldn't be scared of it being off much.

This optic is innovative and interesting for sure, not sure that I'd want jump on the gen 1 bandwagon but after it's been out in the market a while and proven I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#17]
In other news, they are releasing their new fully enclosed emitter EPS and EPS-k models that fit on the RMR/507 footprint.

Basically the advantages of the 509 without having to use a mounting plate. These puppies use the standard screws from a 507!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYsplaAAnEh

-ZA
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just as reliable, vastly better access to battery compartments, fully water proof without sealing plate, much more innovative features from shake-awake to reticle choice and now choice of red or green.  I get the whole "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality, but some quite small innovative updates would vastly improve the RMR, which Trijicon simply doesn't think the end user is worth the investment or they're lazy with much larger contract sales.  Again, I like and appreciate the RMR for the rugged optic it is and being made in America, but Holosun blows their innovative pants off, and I don't give any company much slack when they're marketing features are over a decade old and they refuse to compete with features many in the market place are requesting.  

ROCK6
View Quote
Holosun is owned Huanic. Huanic was funded by China Investment Corp, who is funded by Central Huijin, which is owned by the Peoples Republic of China.

You're literally supporting the CCP by buying this bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did you get your RMR online and only looked for holosun locally? Because a brand new 509t (actually enclosed, unlike your RMR) is 299.99.

View Quote
Apparently all of arfcom loves Chinese shit now. Clown world indeed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Because Holosun is better
View Quote

It's all part of their plan to dominate the world and have every single country depend on them for everything.
COC 6 warning ~ Bollocks44
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In other news, they are releasing their new fully enclosed emitter EPS and EPS-k models that fit on the RMR/507 footprint.

Basically the advantages of the 509 without having to use a mounting plate. These puppies use the standard screws from a 507!

-ZA
View Quote

Holosun's New 'EPS' & 'EPS Carry' Enclosed-Emitter Pistol Optics
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Where is the disconnect with everyone?

You get a cheap, reliable optic, in exchange for the Chinese chipping away at another US industry. Their end goal is to drive ALL companies out of business, and have every country depend on them. Not just US based companies.

Stop buying the shit. It's not cheap for your benefit, it's to enhance to power of the CCP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's easy to figure out.  But it just makes the sight body bigger than it needs to be, adds more parts, and solves a problem than nobody seems to actually have.

RMR keeps doing it that way because it's the right way to do it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where is the disconnect with everyone?

You get a cheap, reliable optic, in exchange for the Chinese chipping away at another US industry. Their end goal is to drive ALL companies out of business, and have every country depend on them. Not just US based companies.

Stop buying the shit. It's not cheap for your benefit, it's to enhance to power of the CCP.
View Quote

If US companies cared as much about consumers as .mil there wouldn't be a market to take away.  Look at the new Eotech MRDS entry, marketed directly at the .mil based on the footprint they chose.

I'm not saying I agree with buying everything from Holosun but they're the only company actually innovating in the MRDS market right now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If US companies cared as much about consumers as .mil there wouldn't be a market to take away.  Look at the new Eotech MRDS entry, marketed directly at the .mil based on the footprint they chose.

I'm not saying I agree with buying everything from Holosun but they're the only company actually innovating in the MRDS market right now.
View Quote
I don't care if they made an optic that lasted a trillion years and ran on a grain of rice, I'm not buying it. I'm not sending my money to the CCP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's easy to figure out.  But it just makes the sight body bigger than it needs to be, adds more parts, and solves a problem than nobody seems to actually have.

RMR keeps doing it that way because it's the right way to do it.
View Quote

Not really.  Compare the RMRCC side-by-side with the K optics, both of which have the battery tray.  There is no real difference in size.

Also, if it really didnt matter, Trijicon wouldn't have added it to the SRO.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

-ZA
View Quote

I saw those as well.  Does that mean the ACSS Vulcan reticle will be in the EPS? That seems like the best of all worlds as far as their current lineup goes:

RMR footprint
Enclosed emitter
Vulcan reticle

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't care if they made an optic that lasted a trillion years and ran on a grain of rice, I'm not buying it. I'm not sending my money to the CCP.
View Quote
@txgunguy  I'm not picking on you, I'm just using your post as an example...

I would like to hear from any of you who send none of your discretionary money to China.  Do you use an Apple product?  Computers?  Solar cells?  Air Conditioners?  Shoes?  Clothes?  A vehicle (computer chips)?  I'd bet a case of P-Mags* that most of you saying they would never buy a Chinese product in reality have a plethora of Chinese made products on your body or in / around your house.

And, full disclosure: my first RDS was an RMRcc.  I would happily buy an American made product if there is any that offer the same level of technological advances at a reasonably competitive price with the same or better quality.

*used for dramatic effect, not an actual offer to make a bet

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you’re using anything with microchips, you’re likely supporting China. Pharmacy stuff? China or India. Etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@txgunguy  I'm not picking on you, I'm just using your post as an example...

I would like to hear from any of you who send none of your discretionary money to China.  Do you use an Apple product?  Computers?  Solar cells?  Air Conditioners?  Shoes?  Clothes?  A vehicle (computer chips)?  I'd bet a case of P-Mags* that most of you saying they would never buy a Chinese product in reality have a plethora of Chinese made products on your body or in / around your house.

And, full disclosure: my first RDS was an RMRcc.  I would happily buy an American made product if there is any that offer the same level of technological advances at a reasonably competitive price with the same or better quality.

*used for dramatic effect, not an actual offer to make a bet

View Quote
I get that. I'm not ignorant to that fact. Many of those products we simply don't get a choice with.

We have a CHOICE with these types of optics. When you CHOOSE a Chinese product over American, that's where you should CHOOSE not to give them your money.

Let's be real here, people are buying them for the price, not for solar power or battery tray.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I get that. I'm not ignorant to that fact. Many of those products we simply don't get a choice with.

We have a CHOICE with these types of optics. When you CHOOSE a Chinese product over American, that's where you should CHOOSE not to give them your money.

Let's be real here, people are buying them for the price, not for solar power or battery tray.
View Quote

Personally I'll be buying one (Holosun...not this one) to replace the Romeo Zero (plastic) on my P365 because they're the only viable option that fits the footprint.  I'd happily by an RMRcc if it would fit, I like my other RMR's.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#32]
this got me excited.  Add the ACSS Vulcan reticle and that'll seal the deal for me.

No battery to change out, 20,000 battery life on a full charge, direct mount to glock mos cut, standard height sights to co witness.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wouldn't say "better", just more innovative features...at a pric;e, mostly because it's Chinese, and because most American or Swedish optic companies don't offer those features.

Quoted:
Holosun is owned Huanic. Huanic was funded by China Investment Corp, who is funded by Central Huijin, which is owned by the Peoples Republic of China.

You're literally supporting the CCP by buying this bullshit.

Dude, fucking Communism 101: all the companies in China are beholden to the CCP and all our investors in Chinese manufacture are also beholden to the CCP.  I definitely don't like it, but it's literally like telling everyone to buy those American flip phones because they're made in America, durable, reliable and get the job done, when the "CCP" is manufacturing feature-rich iPhones, at almost half the price.  

Any cuck here that bitches about buying a Chinese made optic likely owns a dozen products from China in arms reach.  I'm being a realist not a hypocrite. If someone prefers Trijicon and it works for them, that's great, but shitting on a product because of where it's made when a bunch of shit you own is also made there is a hollow argument.  Fuck the CCP, but also fuck some of our own companies who can't innovate...it's not about price, it's about competition and most American companies are lagging. I'm all for buying American first...if they can offer the product and features I prefer...until then, someone else will fill that gap and it just so happens to be Holosun.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say "better", just more innovative features...at a pric;e, mostly because it's Chinese, and because most American or Swedish optic companies don't offer those features.

Dude, fucking Communism 101: all the companies in China are beholden to the CCP and all our investors in Chinese manufacture are also beholden to the CCP.  I definitely don't like it, but it's literally like telling everyone to buy those American flip phones because they're made in America, durable, reliable and get the job done, when the "CCP" is manufacturing feature-rich iPhones, at almost half the price.  

Any cuck here that bitches about buying a Chinese made optic likely owns a dozen products from China in arms reach.  I'm being a realist not a hypocrite. If someone prefers Trijicon and it works for them, that's great, but shitting on a product because of where it's made when a bunch of shit you own is also made there is a hollow argument.  Fuck the CCP, but also fuck some of our own companies who can't innovate...it's not about price, it's about competition and most American companies are lagging. I'm all for buying American first...if they can offer the product and features I prefer...until then, someone else will fill that gap and it just so happens to be Holosun.

ROCK6
View Quote

Calls people a cuck as he simps for chinese junk.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The RMRCC uses a CR2032, the K optics use some weird CR1632 battery.
View Quote

Yep.  And they still manage to get 50K hours of battery life.  

I have looked, anticipating replacing the 1632 in my 508T, and even department stores have the 1632.  Availability isn't an issue.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ROCK6
View Quote

No you aren't. You're buying Chinese because it's cheaper, and you're choosing to.

Edited ~ Bollocks44

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Calls people a cuck as he simps for chinese junk.
View Quote
So ironic isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ROCK6
View Quote
Furthermore, your argument is "tons of shit is made in China, might as well buy more Chinese shit, even though I have a choice". Now THAT is a true CUCK.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In the post apocalyptic world I want to be able to scrounge batteries from people's apple TV remotes.
View Quote

Touché.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
By carrying in a holster that covers the optic like this. Which also conveniently covers any solar charger, LOL.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91fRV9QwhaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

I agree with that to a point, but by math. 2000 hr with a charge of 6-8 hours, going on the high end 30 mins should give 125 hours of use, or about 6 days. That assumes it does not shut down and wake up with shake awake. Also I would bet when covered it senses that and dims to its lowest setting or off. So with some assumptions 30 mins of light exposure could be weeks of stand by and 40 hours of use. ( or more )
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In the post apocalyptic world I want to be able to scrounge batteries from people's apple TV remotes.
View Quote

My apple tv remotes don't have removable batteries.....checkmate
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

And if trijicon made it for 50-100 bucks more I might buy it. But I would not spend twice as much for 10 year old tech. Thats your disconnect, they are 10 years behind and charging twice as much.

This is a game changer in slide mounted red dots, no battery to change ever. Smaller height that allows factory sights to work, and thats the big innovation here, if trijicon did that even with a battery that needs to be changed I would probably buy it. Screw the solar or the batterty, the height is whats getting me.

I have a staccato c2 dpo on order, I had to buy a plate, get taller sights to use a red dot. If I had known this was coming I would have gotten standard sights on my staccato and not had to order a plate. Infact I am tempted to contact staccato and try to change to standard height sights due to this one change in optic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
RIF: from my post above "I would happily buy an American made product if there is any that offer the same level of technological advances at a reasonably competitive price with the same or better quality."

I had a buncha stuff typed out, but deleted it because we are sidetracking this thread.  Don't be like the leftists and demand everyone has to fall in line with your way of thinking.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#46]
If they make one for an RMR footprint I might fo on my first Holosun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought a 508T because it's made of titanium, has solar backup, shake awake, and a better reticle. I'll be buying the Gen2 508T soon for all of that and for the side loading battery, and the green LED. And I'd pay more for it than an RMR because it's better.

Don't assume to tell me my reasons for spending my money on shit
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Edited ~ Bollocks44
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Your money will fund Chinese virus attack. Oh wait...
View Quote
So I can buy the Holosun with my tax money?  Grand.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Edited ~ Bollocks44
It's all part of their plan to dominate the world and have every single country depend on them for everything.
View Quote

China owns the US gubermints.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top