BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"This is a law enforcement mission.   They're doing mission sets that are not directly applicable to their military skill sets. That time, I think, would be better used building readiness to deter our adversaries."

View Quote

Every General and Admiral wants money for the Chyyyyna fight. The man is physically defending our actual territory but apparently that doesn't count.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Move every domestic US military base to the Southern land border. Call it an Infrastructure stimulus package for American workers but because nobody wants to work employ migrant worker to build it. Place the Pentagon right on the Rio Grande.
How’s that for strategically pertinent.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The National Guard’s ongoing security mission on the southern U.S. border provides “no military training value” to the troops stationed there and adds significant stress to their families, the head of the force told lawmakers on Tuesday.

In testimony before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Gen. Daniel Hokanson, chief of the National Guard Bureau, said roughly 2,500 guardsmen are currently stationed along the southern border in support of Department of Homeland Security missions related to immigration issues.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2024/06/18/southern-border-mission-has-no-military-value-guard-chief-warns/
View Quote

General Hokanson's a RingKnocker. West Point 1986. He was a helo driver, Air Assault, Airborne, two Bronze Stars, Iraq, Afghanistan. After he left active duty he eventually found his way to some more stars and staff jobs. Here's a WikP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_R._Hokanson

I'd have to agree with the General. There's no military training value in protecting the borders of the United States from an invasion totally engineered by it's own government. Not going to teach soldiers a damn thing about patrolling in enemy territory, running cross-border ops, interdiction of supply lines, ambushing enemy irregulars or any of the totally fun and awesome stuff our soldiers face in the far corners of this here rock in space we call Earth.  Of course, that's prolly not what the aliens watching this shitshow call it....whatever the Arcturian or Andromedian or Martian names for Bronx, South Central, north-central Philly, Compton, Detroit would be. LOL

One would think that a person of Gen. Hokanson's background and experience would at least be able to bullshit a Congressional Committee just little bit better. "No military training value" indeed.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lets talk about "Unsustainable"

According to David Vine,   professor of political anthropology at the American University in Washington, DC, the US had around 750 bases in at least 80 countries as of July 2021.

With 120 active bases, Japan has the highest number of US bases in the world followed by Germany with 119 and South Korea with 73.

https://www.pgpf.org/sites/default/files/0053_defense_comparison-full.gif

Over the past 70 years, the US military has been deployed to more than 200 countries and territories.

Please note that Today there are only 195 countries in the world

Apparently funding the Taliban is more important than America's borders:
U.S. taxpayers may be funding the Taliban and Afghan terror groups, watchdog says

The U.S. has provided more than $8 billion in aid to Afghanistan since the chaotic withdrawal of American troops in August 2021.

None of this has anything to do with the correct statements the general made.

You can't even keep up with the conversation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Every General and Admiral wants money for the Chyyyyna fight. The man is physically defending our actual territory but apparently that doesn't count.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"This is a law enforcement mission.   They're doing mission sets that are not directly applicable to their military skill sets. That time, I think, would be better used building readiness to deter our adversaries."

This has all been covered already.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]

I don't know what any of that has to do with the National Guard, and I suspect you do not either. If the federal DOD budget was paying for any of this then there probably wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Do you at least understand the difference between Titles 10 and 32?
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried finding where the statement was in the hearing for context, but I could only listen so long before I lost my will to live.  I wish others better luck.

https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/hearings/a-review-of-the-presidents-fiscal-year-2025-budget-request-for-the-national-guard-and-reserves
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

TXSG is on the border now, and has been for a lot longer than 3.5 years.

I just posted the written policy that says Border Security Operations (BSO).

As far as American military being police, it is so overdone there is even a movie about it:
https://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Team-America--World-Police-WP-team-america-3A-world-police-129929_1280_1024.jpg

Can We Finally Stop Trying to Police the World?  Americans need to refocus on essentials. It’s time to stop playing GloboCop.

View Quote

playing “world police” has nothing to do with it.

Multiple people have explained why this doesn’t work.

As a reminder this is a state run mission, not federal.

Soldiers are paid less and not given normal benefits associated with fed service.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
What a moron
How about sovereignty numbnut
Do you not get the fact that we a having an invasion!
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

GEN traitor said that "This is a law enforcement mission"....

The written policy he MUST follow states:

He is literally ABANDONING HIS DUTY.  

General Order 1

I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GEN Hokanson should probably be more familiar with this:

National Guard Regulation 500-5/
Air National Guard Instruction 10-208

1-1. Purpose Consolidate the policy and responsibilities for National Guard law enforcement support and mission assurance
operations.

Responsibilities
2-1. Chief, National Guard Bureau (CNGB)
a. Serves as the principal advisor to the Secretaries of the Army and Air Force and to the Army and Air Force
Chiefs of Staff on matters relating to the National Guard, the Army National Guard of the United States, and the Air
National Guard of the United States, including domestic law enforcement support and mission assurance operations.
You're still missing the point.

5-4. Border Security Operations (BSO)
a. Thirty-nine of the fifty-four states and territories with National Guard forces possess a land and/or sea
territorial border. As such, National Guard border security-related activities occur on a regular, although typically
temporary basis.
b. Key to National Guard border security operations is the support provided to LEAs in the detection of
transnational threats desiring entry to the homeland by land, maritime, or air conveyance along the northern,
southern or maritime borders. Additional support activities include, but are not limited to: training, technical
support, services, intelligence analysis, surveillance, the installation of communications towers, permanent and
temporary vehicle barriers, and pedestrian fences.
...and develops future initiatives
that support the National Guard and its role in border security/homeland security, and homeland defense operations.

General Order 1

I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.

For those on the sidelines.

This is the reference our hero is... referencing.

https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/Portals/27/Publications/ngr/ngr%20500-5.pdf?ver=2018-09-07-082540-767

You can't make this shit up.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/Portals/27/Publications/ngr/ngr%20500-5.pdf?ver=2018-09-07-082540-767

View Quote

Lol.  I have DSCA as a MET as active duty, and I have absolutely nothing to do with securing the border.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No "military training value" isn't exactly the same as "no military value" or "no security value."
View Quote

What are the rules of engagement?  If they were allowed to treat them as in invading force I bet there would be some value.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What are the rules of engagement?  If they were allowed to treat them as in invading force I bet there would be some value.
View Quote

If the federal government treated them as an invading force we wouldn't need the National Guard there at all.

Yet here we are.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

The one difference between Army {not Air} Gyard and active is everyone from state to fed expects them to do everything - fire, flood, civil disturbances, border, multiple deployments overseas to war or a potential threat area - Sinai, Kosovo etc but for a fraction of the pay, training and respect.

Guard routinely gets shit on yet demanded from

It’s absolutely amazing how employers and landlords try to fuck over reservist Joes despite the Soldier and Sailor Act while “thanking us for our service”

We have a thread about recruiting failing, well that’s one more set of reasons for the pile of reasons

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol.  I have DSCA as a MET as active duty, and I have absolutely nothing to do with securing the border.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out specific whose regulation he was citing.

It's literally the Chief of the NGB's regulation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Move every domestic US military base to the Southern land border. Call it an Infrastructure stimulus package for American workers but because nobody wants to work employ migrant worker to build it. Place the Pentagon right on the Rio Grande.
How’s that for strategically pertinent.
View Quote

Fort Bliss is on the border, National Guard used to stage out of Camp Shelby fir our overseas deployments but it got switched to Fort Bliss Texas
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

General Hokanson's a RingKnocker. West Point 1986. He was a helo driver, Air Assault, Airborne, two Bronze Stars, Iraq, Afghanistan. After he left active duty he eventually found his way to some more stars and staff jobs. Here's a WikP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_R._Hokanson

I'd have to agree with the General. There's no military training value in protecting the borders of the United States from an invasion totally engineered by it's own government. Not going to teach soldiers a damn thing about patrolling in enemy territory, running cross-border ops, interdiction of supply lines, ambushing enemy irregulars or any of the totally fun and awesome stuff our soldiers face in the far corners of this here rock in space we call Earth.  Of course, that's prolly not what the aliens watching this shitshow call it....whatever the Arcturian or Andromedian or Martian names for Bronx, South Central, north-central Philly, Compton, Detroit would be. LOL

One would think that a person of Gen. Hokanson's background and experience would at least be able to bullshit a Congressional Committee just little bit better. "No military training value" indeed.
View Quote

We have a bunch of MP brigades, rotate them since most of the Iraq deployments and Ukraine related Romania, Baltics, Poland and Korea deployments are armor and or infantry with a heavy dose of aviation
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't know what any of that has to do with the National Guard, and I suspect you do not either. If the federal DOD budget was paying for any of this then there probably wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

View Quote

I’m going to hijack amd leap frog off this post just to say STATE as in state of California and the other 49 state funds for state missions sucks balls. It’s pennies and really fucks Joes monthly bills when it’s for more than a week https://www.texastribune.org/2022/02/01/texas-national-guard-border-operation-lone-star-abbott/
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Soldiers are paid less and not given normal benefits associated with fed service.
View Quote

Less is an understatement
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Apparently funding the Taliban is more important than America's borders:
U.S. taxpayers may be funding the Taliban and Afghan terror groups, watchdog says

View Quote

That’s Team Biden policy, nothing to do with DOD funding or Pentagon control.

United States to unfreeze part of Afghan assets six months after Taliban takeover | World News

“Joe Biden has signed an executive order”

https://www.usaid.gov/news-information/congressional-testimony/jan-11-2024-examining-biden-administrations-afghanistan-policy-us-withdrawal-part-ii#:~:text=ASSISTANCE%20PRIORITIES%20AND%20APPROACH&text=Since%20the%20Taliban%20takeover%20in,than%20%241.4%20billion%20from%20USAID
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I mean...he's not wrong. I'll add that I am skeptical that the NG troops stationed there are allowed to do anything actually useful like apprehend and deport illegals. I don't know for sure though.

View Quote

Since millions of illegals are invading the US my guess is that they are doing nothing to stop the invasion.  If true, then he is correct.

If the NG is allowed to shoot invaders or capture them then use a catapult to throw them back over the river, then that may be useful training.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I just posted the written policy that says Border Security Operations (BSO) is the responsibility of the National Guard.

As far as American military being police, it is so overdone there is even a movie about it:
https://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Team-America--World-Police-WP-team-america-3A-world-police-129929_1280_1024.jpg

Can We Finally Stop Trying to Police the World?  Americans need to refocus on essentials. It’s time to stop playing GloboCop.

View Quote

CATO institute is a notoriously libertarian organization. From the get go it’s not particularly fond of the military for anything so it’s hardly unbiased.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/10/02/got-to-fix-that-some-unit-ops-tempos-higher-than-peaks-of-afghan-iraq-wars-army-chief-says/

Part of why this General has become a thread is the OPTEMPO on “weekend warriors” has reached a threshold that impacts readiness and retention. Again the Army dropped 35,000 active duty soldiers since Biden stepped in the White House approaching the 440,000 General Odierno warned would make the Army combat ineffective and the Army National Guard has dropped from 360,000 to 330,000 while the Army budget has shrunk because Biden deemed GWOT over and now the Navy is taking the lions share of the Defense budget. Yet OPTEMPO despite the Afghanistan withdrawal has not reduced since the Ukraine invasion an additional 2 more brigades are rotating to Europe on top of 3 already there since 2014/2015 plus Korea and Iraq is still ongoing with 1 brigade rotating every 9 months.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/05/12/soldiers-under-enormous-strain-warns-armys-top-enlisted-leader/

Basically the Army is doing more with less and recruiting is hurting now but eventually retention will too as the same people incur back to back deployments with no breaks like 3rd Infantry Division which had all the wives freaking out so the Sergeant Major of the Army went to Ft Stewart to smooth things over - 3 deployments at 9 months each in a 3 year period {domestic operations don’t count towards dwell time and technically aren’t deployments like George Floyd riots, Covid support - the hospital ships Trump ordered so you could do border then do Iraq before your wife / kids see you almost 2 years later but if you go Korea or Kosovo there’s a dwell period before the next deployment to day Camp Lemmonier in East Africa} The Guard was supposed to get extended breaks between mobilizations but due to fewer personnel that ain’t happening same for certain units on active duty like air defense, armor and aviation

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/416884/sergeant-major-army-holds-town-hall-families-3rd-infantry-division
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

General Order 1

View Quote

He has no authority to abandon any mission. He’s basically seeking relief from Congress which has no obligation to grant that. Besides Biden is CinC - as much as people despise Biden, he is in the White House for now. He can dictate like Trump did what his priorities, intent and guidance is. We all know he’s a piece of shit but that’s the authority of that Executive office. Which is why the state of Texas has been trying work arounds to the best of their ability.

Team Biden already challenged Iowa over Iowa state laws attempting to remedy the immigration situation. I posted the link in the “white woman murdered by an illegal” thread

Generals are powerful but they’re not all powerful - they are ultimately subservient to civilians in .Gov for funding and policy
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He has no authority to abandon any mission. He’s basically seeking relief from Congress which has no obligation to grant that. Besides Biden is CinC - as much as people despise Biden, he is in the White House for now. He can dictate like Trump did what his priorities, intent and guidance is. We all know he’s a piece of shit but that’s the authority of that Executive office. Which is why the state of Texas has been trying work arounds to the best of their ability.

Team Biden already challenged Iowa over Iowa state laws attempting to remedy the immigration situation. I posted the link in the “white woman murdered by an illegal” thread

Generals are powerful but they’re not all powerful - they are ultimately subservient to civilians in .Gov for funding and policy
View Quote

https://www.reuters.com/legal/iowa-immigration-law-blocked-biden-administration-lawsuit-2024-06-18/
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I mean...he's not wrong. I'll add that I am skeptical that the NG troops stationed there are allowed to do anything actually useful like apprehend and deport illegals. I don't know for sure though.

View Quote

WTF?  Every person coming across the border is a potential adversary. Turn them around and send their asses back.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Pass In Review: President Joe Biden is Officially Commander-in-Chief | Inauguration 2021

Half a million immigrants could get U.S. citizenship under new plan from Biden

President Biden is expected to issue a big executive order on immigration

Iowa's controversial immigration law blocked by judge

Biden announces relief for some undocumented immigrants
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Back around 9-11 as an NCO at Beale AFB, we had to keep an active duty enlisted person working on the weekends to keep the weekend warriors from stealing all our shit.

I despise the weekend warriors with a passion.

The Reserves and National Guard are not an actual military force.

Kudos to Donald Rumsfeld tho for deploying the shit out of them with thee "Total Force policy" where they received no benefits.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

WTF?  Every person coming across the border is a potential adversary. Turn them around and send their asses back.
View Quote

Man on terror watchlist was released into the U.S. after crossing southern border, officials say

Terror suspect detained at border

Officials: Suspected ISIS member lived freely in US for nearly two years after crossing border
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep reading.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Back around 9-11 as an NCO at Beale AFB, we had to keep an active duty enlisted person working on the weekends to keep the weekend warriors from stealing all our shit.

Kudos to Donald Rumsfeld tho for deploying the shit out of them with thee "Total Force policy" where they received no benefits.
View Quote

lol

I remember checking in my first reserve unit. Some dopey E6 tried to big dick a bunch of reservists checking in until he figured out he was in middle school when most of us went to boot camp and he was in boot camp when most of us were NCOs or were LEAVING active duty.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What a moron
How about sovereignty numbnut
Do you not get the fact that we a having an invasion!
View Quote

Look in the mirror.

With the current ROE, they aren't defending anything.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you were just jealous they got to go home after the weekend.  
I was Army national guard. We never went NEAR any active duty units or equipment. Sounds like the active duty guys lost or broke shit and then blamed it on the national guard rather than own up to their mistakes.

It's nice to have a boogeyman or scapegoat though, right?

The US has a history of using the National guard in inappropriate roles. Did you know on (one of my) stateside deployments - carried my M-16, but was not given ammo? Yeah, that's a real thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just posted the written policy that says Border Security Operations (BSO).

Tell me, how much are the NG soldiers on the Texas border getting paid?  I'll give you a hint.  Enlisted get more than a Marine Corps O-3.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL, I know you are a smart guy.  Lets look further into Government priorities:

The Border Patrol's budget is ~$5B = border patrol program budget in the United States from 1990-2024

I'm showing that the Taliban got $8B after the 2021... after the previous $63 billion US tax dollars given to Afghanistan

This conversation is ALL about priorities.  The NG Chief's priorities are to lie to support Brandon
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

lol

I remember checking in my first reserve unit. Some dopey E6 tried to big dick a bunch of reservists checking in until he figured out he was in middle school when most of us went to boot camp and he was in boot camp when most of us were NCOs or were LEAVING active duty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

There’s usually at least one from the I&I staff at any given time that has to be “that guy”.  Usually they mellow out with time though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The Border Patrol's budget is ~$5B = border patrol program budget in the United States from 1990-2024

I'm showing that the Taliban got $8B after the 2021... after the previous $63 billion US tax dollars given to Afghanistan

https://aoav.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/E-B39GkXIAE4Ac6-700x1337.jpg

This conversation is ALL about priorities
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has FUCKALL to do with the general's comments. You're trying to steer the conversation to something it's not because you already made a complete fool of yourself by showing you don't understand very basic military topics. Again, I'll reference what you think makes an infantryman.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Right, and fair enough. The argument that he's making is basically that his guys are down at the border, not really doing any good meanwhile their MOS proficiency is deteriorating and they will be mission incapable should the balloon go up.

I hear what he's saying. Thread title is rage bait. One can disagree with him, but calling him a traitor over this and wishing him a DD is fucking absurd.
View Quote

That’s how I took it as well.

They could pay anyone to welcome migrants and hand out refreshments.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There's usually at least one from the I&I staff at any given time that has to be "that guy".  Usually they mellow out with time though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

There's usually at least one from the I&I staff at any given time that has to be "that guy".  Usually they mellow out with time though.

Yeah most were pretty cool, though the actual I&Is were pretty hit and miss. I think most are butthurt they didn't get an actual command. Worst LtCol I ever met was an I&I prick...I'll save that story for another time.
This particular unit was sort of an anomaly though, almost all the officers and SNCOs had done some pretty significant AD time and the OP tempo was high- we deployed teams constantly and didn't usually deploy as a whole unit, so we were constantly in some level of "workups" essentially. It wasn't your run of the mill "go to drill and hang out" type of SMCR unit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you are saying the federal government's priorities are wrong?

Neat.

What exactly does that have to do with the National Guard on a state mission?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Let me again quote what Gen. Daniel Hokanson said to Congress:

“There is no military training value in what we do there,” he said. “This is a law enforcement mission. … They’re doing mission sets that are not directly applicable to their military skill sets. That time, I think, would be better used building readiness to deter our adversaries.”
View Quote

These are LIES.

NG deployed on the Texas border DO FORMALLY train on their METL while they are there are on deployment.  The caveat is that don't do METL training with their home units (for missions that may never happen).

National Guard Regulation 500-5/Air National Guard Instruction 10-208 specifically states that the National Guard does support law enforcement and regularly conducts Border Security Operations (BSO).  Does anyone actually believe Gen. Daniel Hokanson doesn't know that?  

Gen. Daniel Hokanson told Congress he would rather have the National Guard currently deployed on the border, who are doing an outstanding job defending our border, instead focus on training for missions that may never happen.  

Let me say that the Texas Guard paychecks while they are there are excellent and the deployment is less stressful than a combat tour overseas.  Lots of patriots who are PROUD to be there.

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

These are LIES.

NG deployed on the Texas border DO FORMALLY train on their METL while they are there are on deployment.  The caveat is that don't do METL training with their home units (for missions that may never happen).

National Guard Regulation 500-5/Air National Guard Instruction 10-208 specifically states that the National Guard does support law enforcement and regularly conducts Border Security Operations (BSO).  Does anyone actually believe Gen. Daniel Hokanson doesn't know that?  

Gen. Daniel Hokanson told Congress he would rather have the National Guard currently deployed on the border, who are doing an outstanding job defending our border, instead focus on training for missions that may never happen.  

Let me say that the Texas Guard paychecks while they are there are excellent and the deployment is less stressful than a combat tour overseas.  Lots of patriots who are PROUD to be there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

“There is no military training value in what we do there,” he said. “This is a law enforcement mission. … They’re doing mission sets that are not directly applicable to their military skill sets. That time, I think, would be better used building readiness to deter our adversaries.”

These are LIES.

That regulation is GEN Hokanson's regulation. That regulation guides his subordinate forces on how they will perform those missions. It has jack and shit do with anything. He is not saying they cannot perform this mission. He is not saying they are not performing this mission. He is saying that the mission is detracting from other requirements which he is responsible to prepare for.

That regulation does not set priorities for readiness. More importantly, neither does GEN Hokanson. His fundamental job is to provide trained and ready forces to the Army as part of the Army's broader job to provide trained and ready forces to combatant commanders in support of planning priorities.

This is a very simple concept. Maybe you'd understand it if an article were published in Zero Hedge.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

These are LIES.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"There is no military training value in what we do there," he said. "This is a law enforcement mission.   They're doing mission sets that are not directly applicable to their military skill sets. That time, I think, would be better used building readiness to deter our adversaries."

These are LIES.

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Your Thread headline is wrong.

That is not what he said.

He said there is no military TRAINING value in patrolling the border

I am assuming infantry and mechanized both have trainings squares that need to be accomplished and logged in a time frame to remain deployable. I know the air force does.

assuming that is correct, then guardsmen and active duty have training squares to fill to remain combat effective and deployable

being on the border takes time, time away from home, and (assuming )not only doesn't allow any of those trainings squares to be filled, it takes away time to fill them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That’s how I took it as well.

They could pay anyone to welcome migrants and hand out refreshments.
View Quote

I get there’s not much love for Trump in GD for many but holy shit we can’t weather much more Team Biden immigration {or any other for that matter} policy
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#46]
If they’re not allowed to actually do anything, I can understand how that’s providing no training value…
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Look in the mirror.

With the current ROE, they aren't defending anything.
View Quote

Best I can conjur is send MP battalions and the Engineer battalions that handle construction assuming that fits their requirements gives relief to the units stressed on OPTEMPO and those units could at least have better insight to provide feedback and AARs for the border situation
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

These are LIES.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

These are LIES.

Biden's State Dept Official Admits Great Replacement is Real; ‘They Want to Change the Demographics of the United States’
https://x.com/Project_Veritas/status/1803787015068045380

Gen. Daniel Hokanson is clearly supporting the leftist replacement of America.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Biden's State Dept Official Admits Great Replacement is Real; ‘They Want to Change the Demographics of the United States’

View All Quotes
Quoted:

lol. You transitioned from woefully uninformed to uninformed and completely unhinged.

Congrats, it took some confidence to make that leap.

Quoted:

NG deployed on the Texas border DO FORMALLY train on their METL while they are there are on deployment.

What METs are they training on and at what echelon?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Biden's State Dept Official Admits Great Replacement is Real; 'They Want to Change the Demographics of the United States'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"There is no military training value in what we do there," he said. "This is a law enforcement mission.   They're doing mission sets that are not directly applicable to their military skill sets. That time, I think, would be better used building readiness to deter our adversaries."

These are LIES.

Biden's State Dept Official Admits Great Replacement is Real; 'They Want to Change the Demographics of the United States'

You're embarrassing yourself.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top