Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Ultra vires!
Ultra vires!
Ultra vires!
Ultra vires!

Outstanding work, Councilor!!  Thank you!!

God Bless you, your co-council, and Mark LaRue.

Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.  But I am willing to give my own money to help him fight the idea that a President

can just change the law by edict......even if I voted for him.  He won't be President

forever, and our opponents won't think twice about capitalizing on that precedent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you really want to spend Mr. LaRues money fighting the NRA?
Nope.  But I am willing to give my own money to help him fight the idea that a President

can just change the law by edict......even if I voted for him.  He won't be President

forever, and our opponents won't think twice about capitalizing on that precedent.
1000x this!
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Nolo's latest twitter followers, to see what "big names" are lurking in GD ?
Will they unfollow after they see this post?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’ve already sued the FBI. I’ll sue the atf this month to comply with the other foia.
View Quote
Any concern that you're barking up the wrong tree (from a legal standpoint) on this or just wasting resources? Because if the stocks were indeed used, or the government can make it seem plausible enough that they were, it would end up one massive dead end, would it not?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lots of different agencies are involved in that investigation.  We know from the LV police that every 5.56 rifle was equipped with a bumpstock.  Almost all of the brass recovered was from 5.56 rifles.

While I've got no problem with asking the ATF to make a full report, you shouldn't expect them to find he didn't utilize a bump stock.

Personally, I've done a decent amount of full auto shooting on many different platforms. I've also shot a lot of bumpstock equipped rifles. The audio clearly shows the use of bumpstock(s) through the varying cadence. It doesn't just ramp up speed through a belt lightening.

Here is a video with all the gunfire put together in chronological order. You can clearly hear the varying tempo in several bursts. It sounds like a bumpstock does when varying forward pressure is applied.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krr4u6uGdzc
View Quote
Recovered rifles were equipped with bump stocks.  Ok.
Spent cases belong to bump stocked rifles. Ok.

Who has verified none of those rifles were converted to fire automatically by DIAS/LL/third hole/coat hanger?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check out Nolo's latest twitter followers, to see what "big names" are lurking in GD ?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's his twitter name?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Great Job Nolo!
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/6bsCZvw.jpg
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who has verified none of those rifles were converted to fire automatically by DIAS/LL/third hole/coat hanger?
View Quote
I would still like to know if a spring was used inside of the bump stock.
The rate of fire sounded like a video that I saw of an individual firing a bump stock with a spring.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What's his twitter name?
View Quote
@ATFReport
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The rate of fire sounded like a video that I saw of an individual firing a bump stock with a spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing as any other MG conversion IMO.

Bump stocks being on the rifles and audio from cell phones doesn't rise to the level of proof beyond a reasonable doubt, personally.  I'm not party to any wild an crazy conspiracy theories.  But at the same time I tend to agree with Len when he says the government only holds their cards close when they're bluffing.

This is the purpose of FTB.  Inspect the rifles.  Determine whether they were converted MGs or semi-auto rifles in approved bump stocks.  Show your work.

That's all I'm asking.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SNIP
View Quote
No one has done so and made the information public.  None of the images I've seen had a third hole.  DIAS and additional hole conversions require the M16 FCG.  LL requires a different carrier that most rifles don't have.  Coat hangar/swiftlink is fairly simple, but timing has to be adjusted and it doesn't work with many nicer triggers (he had some fairly high end guns, I suspect a few came from the factory with upgraded triggers).  Bumpstock works on all of them and provides the ROF issues heard in the videos.

Does anyone know who is in possession of the weapons right now?  I'm guessing LVMPD.

I doubt he went to the trouble of converting all the rifles to a machinegun and adding a bump stock to them.  Some of the conversions are just as easy as adding the bump stock, perhaps easier if the timing issues are ignored.

Hopefully a more thorough report will be released eventually.  I don't expect to find machinegun conversions installed in the rifles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I’ve already sued the FBI. I’ll sue the atf this month to comply with the other foia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read through the lawsuit filing link posted on here and overall, it was pretty good.  However the parts about questioning whether the rifles in the hotel room, all equipped with bump stocks, were even used in the Las Vegas massacre seemed a whole lot of conspiracy theory.  That alone may cause a judge not on the side of the 2nd to nix it.
With the small amount of information that has been released, the question begs to be asked, the whole basis for this illegal order to change the rule is based on those guns actually being used.
In order for the government to properly address that point, they would have to provide information.  Something that they have apparently been reluctant to do, for some reason.
Even if there is nothing for them to hide about the guns - rifles actually were equipped with bumpstocks and no illegal mods - that still leaves the question of why federal agencies are refusing to comply with a foia request.

Either they are hiding something, or they have adopted an unofficial policy of not complying with foia (which shows a pattern of them ignoring the legal process).
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No one has done so and made the information public.  None of the images I've seen had a third hole.  DIAS and additional hole conversions require the M16 FCG.  LL requires a different carrier that most rifles don't have.  Coat hangar/swiftlink is fairly simple, but timing has to be adjusted and it doesn't work with many nicer triggers (he had some fairly high end guns, I suspect a few came from the factory with upgraded triggers).  Bumpstock works on all of them and provides the ROF issues heard in the videos.

Does anyone know who is in possession of the weapons right now?  I'm guessing LVMPD.

I doubt he went to the trouble of converting all the rifles to a machinegun and adding a bump stock to them.  Some of the conversions are just as easy as adding the bump stock, perhaps easier if the timing issues are ignored.

Hopefully a more thorough report will be released eventually.  I don't expect to find machinegun conversions installed in the rifles.
View Quote
I don't necessarily expect it either, but I feel the (or the spring return bump stock) question is a valid one considering how it's being used as justification for the rule.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
-ATF has been in possession of the firearms since April 2018.   Prior to that they were prevented from looking at the firearm internals and made a very public point of telling everyone about not being able to look at them.

-The point of the bump stock and a DIAS would be if a curious law enforcement officer were to come investigate reports of machinegun fire (while a person was adjusting and timing their coat hanger or swift link DIAS to function) would be perfect cover and most cops would not go any further investigating.

-For the record I don't expect anything.  I want to see the evidence.  Since the govt. claims it can curtail my freedom and criminalize a swath of the population and an industry....I demand it.

-DOJ and FBI as of late have a hard time being forthright and ATF has not been the bastion of honesty over the years.  When you file FOIA's and take them to federal court and nine months later they are still playing "hide the winkie" with evidence....Well:

Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From 2A supporters all over America...

https://i.imgur.com/hoeaEpS.gif
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks, followed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I removed myself from the book of faces.
I check up on your Twitter as a guest, now that I’m suspended
What’s his Twitter?
@ATFReport
Thanks, followed
Also followed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lots of different agencies are involved in that investigation.  We know from the LV police that every 5.56 rifle was equipped with a bumpstock.  Almost all of the brass recovered was from 5.56 rifles.

While I've got no problem with asking the ATF to make a full report, you shouldn't expect them to find he didn't utilize a bump stock.

Personally, I've done a decent amount of full auto shooting on many different platforms. I've also shot a lot of bumpstock equipped rifles. The audio clearly shows the use of bumpstock(s) through the varying cadence. It doesn't just ramp up speed through a belt lightening.

Here is a video with all the gunfire put together in chronological order. You can clearly hear the varying tempo in several bursts. It sounds like a bumpstock does when varying forward pressure is applied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fine, then providing evidence should not be a problem?

Also I would not be too convinced of audio....Having been on set when firearms were used in filming.  What you "heard" on TV is nothing like what was heard on set.  So much so they have people on set who do nothing but audio.  Ever wonder why they did a reveal not near any reflective surface (and always in the woods, swamp, open areas).

Concrete and glass canyons tell me not to trust shit audio recorded mostly by cell phone.

Flat reflective surfaces everywhere and echo's that sure sounded like more than one gun firing....But hey if your convinced I guess we should not enquire to see the evidence?

It's entirely possible they were used (or were present, but used only as a butt stock).  It does not change the fact that ATF currently claims to NOT have examined the firearms (We both know that's BS).

Why would ATF refuse to officially examine firearms that are directly related to a policy/rule/edict that the acting ATF director told congress would end up in court?

The same LV police that changed their story MULTIPLE TIMES, under watchful observation by government agents to ensure their story didn't deviate unexpectedly?

They have lied too many times to be considered a valid source.  Don't show me claims from untrustworthy people, show me the evidence.  Government has lied and covered up way too many things to be taken seriously now.  Those who don't question the narrative are more gullible than the conspiracy theorists.

I don't wish for this thread to be derailed into a Vegas conspiracy thread.  That can go on in the other thread this discussion has been occurring in.

I do concur with @HistoricArmsLLC 's opinion that if the government is withholding such a crucial piece of information that would be a SLAM DUNK to prove with evidence, it's for a reason, which is NOT in the interest of transparency or The People.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They sell out fast.
Mark has started sending email in addition to posting on ARFCOM.
I finally got in on round 4, and mine is backordered.
View Quote
How can I get on that email list?
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Whether bump stocks were used and the governments games concerning their use on October 1, 2017 in LV is NOT a trivial matter and must be run to ground.

I would like to point out that even if bump stocks were used it does not impact case at hand...  The government with a straight face claims that if one person does evil with a device or item than it must be banned from existence?  Why stop there?  Insert any device, how about one that kills people everyday of the year?

What if DOJ published this rule?  What's to stop them?

In order to prevent drunk drivers from hurting themselves or anyone else, your automobile has been declared illegal by DOJ and in 90 days you must turn your automobile in to us or destroy it or we will fine you a quarter of million dollars and put you in prison for ten years....
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Look at it this way....

Bump stocks were used in either ZERO or ONE criminal event.

The total number of people killed by weapons equipped with bump stocks is either ZERO or FIFTY EIGHT (58)

That's not per year, that's not per day.... that is cumulative total.

That is out of an estimated 500,000 bump stocks sold.

To put that in perspective, according to the FBI (source) shotguns are used to commit an average of 284 murders PER YEAR.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shotguns must be banned!!!!!!!!!111
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at it this way....

The total number of people killed by weapons equipped with bump stocks is either ZERO or FIFTY EIGHT (58)

To put that in perspective, according to the FBI (source) shotguns are used to commit an average of 284 murders PER YEAR.
I'd love to see that attempted.

It's time to get the ents into the fight.

To be fair, more mammals are killed in the United States each year by bolt action rifles and shotguns than by semi auto or full auto rifles.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

To be fair, more mammals are killed in the United States each year by bolt action rifles and shotguns than by semi auto or full auto rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at it this way....

But it is the AR-15 that triggers the left into emotional rants about banning guns.

They still think the US military issues AR-15 rifles to our troops.  They cannot grasp the simple fact that the US military does use pump shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm excited to see this lawsuit.   It has a lot of potential, however its most important aspect is to stop the unlawful making of law by a US government agency that has no Constitutional underpinning to regulate firearms or any other weapon.

We need to fund this with 100s of thousands of dollars, to show the government that we mean business.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#30]
OST
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don’t tell anyone this. I am actually human and make typos. But, don’t worry about that, because in a few days we will drop something shiny and new!!!
View Quote
I've lost track.
Is it SOON yet?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Look at it this way....

View Quote
Exactly! I've been making this same point since Vegas. I'm glad someone else gets it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#33]
And now there were three. Still no NRA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm $100 away from paying of the EPL too.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get it paid off, and vote!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ding ding ding, winner

At least he’ll be in a position to make change unlike the never NRA complainers that want the NRA to fix everything using everyone else’s money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
The sad thing is, I have probably paid for enough yearly and gift memberships to buy a Life if I had it in all together at one time. Some years it was struggle to pay even a yearly (3 teen age boys can wolf some food down) and I could afford one now, but as long as the current leadership  is in, they won't a dime.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ding ding ding, winner

At least he’ll be in a position to make change unlike the never NRA complainers that want the NRA to fix everything using everyone else’s money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ding ding ding, winner

The only way to send WLP, CC, MH, et al is to withhold funding, not increase it. As long as they keep getting the money they'll keep changing the rules so they can stay in power. These folks are swamp critters.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The sad thing is, I have probably paid for enough yearly and gift memberships to buy a Life if I had it in all together at one time. Some years it was struggle to pay even a yearly (3 teen age boys can wolf some food down) and I could afford one now, but as long as the current leadership  is in, they won't a dime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only way to send WLP, CC, MH, et al is to withhold funding, not increase it. As long as they keep getting the money they'll keep changing the rules so they can stay in power. These folks are swamp critters.
If you can catch one of the times they are running a heavy discount on the life membership, and have the cash at the time, you can buy the right to vote against them, then sit back and withhold any further funding of their huge paychecks and half-assed lobbying.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you can catch one of the times they are running a heavy discount on the life membership, and have the cash at the time, you can buy the right to vote against them, then sit back and withhold any further funding of their huge paychecks and half-assed lobbying.
View Quote
So, pay them so I can not pay them?  No thanks, I'm going to skip straight to the "Not paying" part.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ding ding ding, winner

Are you a voting member?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So, pay them so I can not pay them?  No thanks, I'm going to skip straight to the "Not paying" part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a voting member?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Are you a voting member?
View Quote
 Tell  you what, the next time you get to vote on Wayne LaPierre let me know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  Its what I did.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it gives you a choice between saying "fuck those assholes, they ain't getting a dime from me", or saying "fuck those assholes, they are only getting just enough money to let me do what I can to fuck them over from the inside, then they aren't getting another penny".

I can definitely understand the motives behind both options.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#47]
How can we help fund the fight?  Can someone send me an IM, or better yet, OP include instructions in his post?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Good news but I thought Larue supported a  bumpstock ban defending it saying something about waterhoses or something. Or maybe they were defending the NRA asking the ATF to look into it being regulated. Could have been something else possibly.

ETA fuck it. Don't matter now. Good on them for helping the case.
View Quote
I'm confused too but that's my problem. Good to see LaRue is doing something, they can have my money again. Sorry for doubting you LaRue.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it gives you a choice between saying "fuck those assholes, they ain't getting a dime from me", or saying "fuck those assholes, they are only getting just enough money to let me do what I can to fuck them over from the inside, then they aren't getting another penny".

I can definitely understand the motives behind both options.
View Quote
 Wayne has it rigged, you don't get to vote against him anyway.  Until he's gone, its business as usual.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What if DOJ published this rule?  What's to stop them?

In order to prevent drunk drivers from hurting themselves or anyone else, your automobile has been declared illegal by DOJ and in 90 days you must turn your automobile in to us or destroy it or we will fine you a quarter of million dollars and put you in prison for ten years....
View Quote
It might sound crazy right now but this day will come.  And at least half the country will cheer it on.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top