Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Equality of opportunity is helping people succeed.
Equity is forcing everybody to end up with the same result.
View Quote

Did you ever lead a class, coach people, or otherwise be a source of inspiration? When doing so, did you ever help an individual that was falling behind?

Did you ever donate to help buy a kid cleats or pay their league fees?

That is being equitable. Any form of charity is by definition being equitable: you are helping others.

Don't throw away good acts just because of the way leftists twist the conversation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Jesus, listen, I love repeating a good dogmatic mantra as much as the next ideologue, but the United States is a constitutional republic in the form of a federal representative democracy.

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll welcome anyone as long as they don’t cancel out theirsupport by voting for anti 2nd parasites. Don’t like Trump? Ok. Voted for Biden? GTFO.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you ever lead a class, coach people, or otherwise be a source of inspiration? When doing so, did you ever help an individual that was falling behind?

That is being equitable. Any form of charity is by definition being equitable: you are helping others.

Don't throw away good acts just because of the way leftists twist the conversation.
View Quote
NO not in today speak.  You can wish it, but it is just not true.  

If you say the word equity is means something specific these days and it is not the definition you are ascribing.  Again, wish all you want.  THINGS CHANGE, they did.

And yea I have volunteered, continue to do so, help others, do good things.  None of that is equity or equitable according to todays standards.  And you are falling into a trap exactly how they want you to.  Nothing you say makes it not so.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll welcome anyone as long as they don't cancel out theirsupport by voting for anti 2nd parasites. Don't like Trump? Ok. Voted for Biden? GTFO.
View Quote
And that is the problem.  These people who deeply support the mission of DEI will lie, obfuscate, and mislead you to the point of you feel safe taking a chance on them.  

And then you got idiot virtue signaling soccer moms who are trying to be cool.  It's scary if you don't try to stay informed.  It's scary if you do stay informed.

DEI is always marxist evil.  The idiot soccer moms virtue signaling may not realize they are rooting for the wrong team but its still evil marxism.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a problem with Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That only reinforces their opinion and doubles their efforts.  You can’t discriminate and not end up reinforcing their ideology.  You have to fundamentally change their ideology.  They need to see their discrimination and understand it’s effect on all civil liberties.  The reason free speech is under scrutiny and attack is because it contains reason they can’t tolerate to meet collectivist goals.  They shut it down as “intolerance” by their own intolerance. That’s in direct defiance of reason.
View Quote

They will change nothing and they will see nothing because reason only enters this situation as a cover for the cultist dogma they're actually following. These are the demoralized people Bezmenov was talking about. There is no reason except "this idea is good thing because cult approves and that person disagrees with good thing so they are BAD THING" and you will never change that short of functionally destroying and completely rebuilding who that person is.

Do not fall into the "they just need one more good talkin'-to" trap and do not mistake their intent. They have no interest in civil liberties or free speech. They care only for the advancement of their woke cult, and no matter how much you try to convince them otherwise, you are a heretic at best and a demon at worst and must be resisted and destroyed in the name of their righteous cause.

Actually, maybe that's a good way to make the point. If you're a staunch Christian and a real actual demon appears one day and just wants to sit down and explain that Lucifer really just wants civil liberties and free speech, do they sway you, or do you resolve to dig in as hard as you can and resist their foul temptation in the name of the Lord? To them, you're the demon and they pick the second option.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember after the Florida nightclub shooting, when everyone took their gay friends to the range? How is that working for us? Kinda mixed results from what I can see. It certainly didn’t turn the gay community into Republican voters.

From my vantage point, identify politics doesn’t work for freedom loving causes. Treating people as individuals seems to be the best option.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Worked great for the Boy Scouts.  DEI is a Marxist revolutionary movement and will always do Marxist revolutionary shit.
View Quote

This, precisely.

Destruction from within.

Absolutely fucking not.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Dale Earnhardt Incorporated ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#12]
It won't surprise me if this thread gets disappeared, either - as this site sponsors the biggest DEI retard on the planet when it comes to 2A - Karl "The Cuck" Kasarda - who's progressive left wing lockstep means I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

He firmly believes in the white guilt/JBGC/SocRev nonsense. He's also got them Brownells sponsorship bennies - what with the WWSD rifle design endorsement.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am a Trump supporter, life long gun owner and shooter.

I am a member of a DEI committee.

The world isn't black an white, people aren't simple.

Everyone of you standing around batching is wasting an opportunity to fight back. Bitching on the internet does not change anything.
View Quote

Do they not vote overwhelmingly for the left?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Jesus, listen, I love repeating a good dogmatic mantra as much as the next ideologue, but the United States is a constitutional republic in the form of a federal representative democracy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're not a democracy,  We're a constitutional republic

Fair enough, however, that really isn’t “democracy” in the way those who usually go on about “democracy” actually use the term.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fair enough, however, that really isn’t “democracy” in the way those who usually go on about “democracy” actually use the term.
View Quote

A decent filter is if someone thinks "everybody gets to vote" is how our system is supposed to work they probably are not someone you want to promote the political opinion of.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#16]
So, Jews should make common cause with Nazis?

No.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Worked great for the Boy Scouts.  DEI is a Marxist revolutionary movement and will always do Marxist revolutionary shit.
View Quote

Yep. I used to be a more "tolerant" man. In the end all that does is open the door to more bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep. I used to be a more "tolerant" man. In the end all that does is open the door to more bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tolerance of intolerance is suicide. This is why we should not, cannot, make friends with DEI types.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tolerance of intolerance is suicide. This is why we should not, cannot, make friends with DEI types.
View Quote
FUCK YEA.  We can be friends, I will subscribe to your newsletter.  I LIKE YOU.  NO HOMO.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Ban OP and the DIE crowd. Bunch of fucking commies.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They will change nothing and they will see nothing because reason only enters this situation as a cover for the cultist dogma they're actually following. These are the demoralized people Bezmenov was talking about. There is no reason except "this idea is good thing because cult approves and that person disagrees with good thing so they are BAD THING" and you will never change that short of functionally destroying and completely rebuilding who that person is.

Do not fall into the "they just need one more good talkin'-to" trap and do not mistake their intent. They have no interest in civil liberties or free speech. They care only for the advancement of their woke cult, and no matter how much you try to convince them otherwise, you are a heretic at best and a demon at worst and must be resisted and destroyed in the name of their righteous cause.

Actually, maybe that's a good way to make the point. If you're a staunch Christian and a real actual demon appears one day and just wants to sit down and explain that Lucifer really just wants civil liberties and free speech, do they sway you, or do you resolve to dig in as hard as you can and resist their foul temptation in the name of the Lord? To them, you're the demon and they pick the second option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That only reinforces their opinion and doubles their efforts.  You can’t discriminate and not end up reinforcing their ideology.  You have to fundamentally change their ideology.  They need to see their discrimination and understand it’s effect on all civil liberties.  The reason free speech is under scrutiny and attack is because it contains reason they can’t tolerate to meet collectivist goals.  They shut it down as “intolerance” by their own intolerance. That’s in direct defiance of reason.

This.

If the knuckleheads of GD and what is left of conservatives cannot understand this, then it is only a matter of time before everything that we hold dear is gone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the required DEI Scout training, and went in with the same "fuck Commies" attitude seen here.

You know what?  DEI is superfluous to anyone living by the Scout Law.

I was already welcoming, inclusive, and helped everyone I could succeed in Scouting, and hopefully life in general. I hope I have made a positive impact on the lives of young men and women, and to an extant their parents, too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I did the required DEI Scout training, and went in with the same "fuck Commies" attitude seen here.

I was already welcoming, inclusive, and helped everyone I could succeed in Scouting, and hopefully life in general. I hope I have made a positive impact on the lives of young men and women, and to an extant their parents, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See where the scouts are now?  I am sure you made an impact on some kids.  The organization....its gone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe the reason we keep losing is because we keep selling our beliefs down the road and doing things we don't agree with.

Ever consider that?

Hell just 14 years ago CALIFORNIA voted to ban gay marriage.

Now if you don't want a sex offender reading to your kids you're a homophobe.

You don't think ALL those people changed their minds in 14 years do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus. This thread just affirms my belief that the right/conservatives/mainstream gun owners are just loser whiners who want to lose.

I only saw maybe 1 or 2 people in the thread advocate for actually taking an influencer/managing role in something DEI related. Everyone else predictably did the whole "fuck that BS keep it away from me" act.

DEI and ESG are here to stay, and no amount of whining by middle age white men is going to make it go away. You can pray to God about it, you can rant about it on Facebook and Next Door, you can even run your humble little rural machine shop in bumfuck nowhere and have an anti-DEI, anti-ESG company motto, but none of those things leverages the fact that DEI is something that can be shaped to be less woke than most perceive it to be, but you have to actually step up and volunteer.

The reason why leftists are so good at controlling certain segments of society is they constantly try to run shit. School boards, HR diversity committees, voter outreach initiatives.. they always have a commanding presence because the right/conservatives are always like "Oh I'm too busy with my REAL job to spend any time on that crap". Well where has that mentality gotten western society today? Public teachers are grooming your kids to be trans, colleges are marxism breeding grounds, and even some churches have become progressive safe houses where they fly rainbow flags and refer to God as "she".

Maybe it's worth you being less productive at your job, if it means you get an influential role on your company's diversity hiring board. Which one matters more?

Maybe the reason we keep losing is because we keep selling our beliefs down the road and doing things we don't agree with.

Ever consider that?

Hell just 14 years ago CALIFORNIA voted to ban gay marriage.

Now if you don't want a sex offender reading to your kids you're a homophobe.

You don't think ALL those people changed their minds in 14 years do you?

Silenced…by msm and social media and government.  Not changed minds.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does every scout in your troop receive the Eagle Award? Do all of the scouts receive the same rank advancement, regardless of their conduct, skills or participation? Are they all going to the National Jamboree next year? Do you give (not lend) the poorer scouts the same expensive backpacks, stoves, uniforms, etc that the more wealthy scouts have, so that everyone has the same of everything? If the answer to any of those questions is “no” than your troop is failing the “E” in DEI.

“Equity” is not “Equality.” It’s presented as if it is, but as they say, “the devil is in the details.” Scouts is absolutely a merit-based program, and unless grossly perverted (which they’re working on) cannot continue to exist under true DEI conditions. And that’s a feature of DEI, not a bug.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equality of opportunity is helping people succeed.
Equity is forcing everybody to end up with the same result.

This is so wrong I don’t even know where to start. Equity has nothing to do with charity. “Charity” is having a soup kitchen where homeless people can get a free meal, or having a shelter where they can get out of the elements. “Equity” is making sure that you and the homeless people both eat the SAME meals, and stay in the SAME type of housing, regardless of how hard you work, or how much of a mess the homeless person is. If that means you both live on bologna sandwiches and live in a barracks-style housing complex, that’s fine as long as neither of you has any food or shelter that’s better than the other.  “Equity” isn’t just about helping a “low” person up, it also requires pulling the “high” people down.

“Equity” is almost never a “good act.” The fact that you are are conflating the two means that you have, in fact, already succumbed to their “twist” of the conversation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So you're falling into the leftist word game. "THEY vue inclusion as bad, they're fascists!" While I don't care what shitlib progs call me, normies watching the conversation certainly do.

Leave corporate woke speach to the HR crowd; don't use ostracizing shortcuts.

"Hey, this video suggests we be more welcoming of outsiders and non-traditional gun owners. What do you think?" would have sparked a more coherent conversation about the video instead of "LOL wut DEI?" and "Fuck DEI".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To clarify, I was using DEI as a general term to refer to those who are traditionally not part of the 2a community. I wasn’t pointing to a political group or ideology. I should have been more specific as to what I was saying.

I was referring to the subject of the video in which he spoke.

So you're falling into the leftist word game. "THEY vue inclusion as bad, they're fascists!" While I don't care what shitlib progs call me, normies watching the conversation certainly do.

Leave corporate woke speach to the HR crowd; don't use ostracizing shortcuts.

"Hey, this video suggests we be more welcoming of outsiders and non-traditional gun owners. What do you think?" would have sparked a more coherent conversation about the video instead of "LOL wut DEI?" and "Fuck DEI".

Yes, I realize that. Lesson learned. I updated the op in the hopes of refining the conversation and perhaps us having a more reasonable one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm all for actual diversity and inclusion.

equity is an absurd concept unless you're talking about someone's assets.
View Quote

much of their version of diversity means no white people, or to subjugate them.    Some that follow them don't get that part or are happy to be shit on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#29]
This is for the people in this thread who have NO clue.

Picture so it is easier to understand.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#30]
A different thread should be started on the same topic identifying the non-typical gun owners instead of calling them DEI whatever the fuck that really means. If somebody is an american and wants to take advantage of their rights and just wants a fair shake in the world then I am fine with that. It's all I want. I don't give a shit what that american looks like or if their culture is a bit different from mine or what they do in the privacy of their own home. That's just different kinds of americans doing american shit. DEI is a whole different political thing and it is not merit based. Then this thread that mixes up DEI with the second amendment should be closed before we are after each others throats over a mix up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#32]
So DEI is now “non traditional”?

Go ahead and start calling people racist, then… sounds like that’s the direction you want this to go.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

We went to the same training. It was horseshit and the dance party at summer camp was a disgrace. BSA deserves everything that happened to it for their moral cowardice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So DEI is now “non traditional”?

Go ahead and start calling people racist, then… sounds like that’s the direction you want this to go.
View Quote

Maybe I didn't express myself as well as I could have. Gun owners have traditionally been seen as straight white guys. That has largely been true. Every american who owns a gun is an american gun owner even if they are not a straight white guy. There definitely ARE gun organizations specifically for these groups that are not straight white guys. Those groups are growing. I'm sure you already know there gun groups for women, gun groups for black people, gun groups for gay people. All of those groups have chosen to be groups that are not formed not for straight white guys. Feel free to ask them why. I didn't form the womens groups or the gay groups or the black groups, they chose to do it. Not me.
Regardless they are all american gun owners no matter which group they choose to be in. It would positive for our rights if american gun owners are seen as being populated by all these groups of people, not just straight white guys.

DEI is definitely a political thing not a gun owner thing. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It would positive for our rights if american gun owners are seen as being populated by all these groups of people, not just straight white guys.
View Quote
Yes, it would be positive. However, A LOT of the "non-traditional" gun groups you describe are full of people who HATE straight white guys.
The don't want to be friends with us any more than we want to be friends with them.

TBH, you sound kind of naive.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes, it would be positive. However, A LOT of the "non-traditional" gun groups you describe are full of people who HATE straight white guys.
The don't want to be friends with us any more than we want to be friends with them.

TBH, you sound kind of naive.
View Quote

If you think I'm naive then I think you just haven't met many people. But I have no desire to get into a thing with you over what is a small difference of opinion specifically about american gun owners. Gun owners are just american people. The people who want to throw away meritocracy or deny the rights of other people or murder republicans at a ball game or go to stone mountain and start a shootout with the 3percenters are political people of some kind regardless of if they are gun owners.
I've interacted with lots of non-typical american gun owners who are just americans who want to be allowed to pursue life, liberty, and happiness. They are average. You also know there are  "traditional" gun owners who  walk into walmart with a rifle and armor to "test walmarts commitment to the second amendment" or fire their handgun at a rally in charlottesville va as a leader of the Md KKK or install cable in their livingroom by firing their hangdun through the livingroom wall and hitting their wife, and zany stuff like that. So maybe nobody is so innocent.
Yes I am well aware of the john brown gun club, nfac, new black panthers, kkk, the white and the black separatist organizations, the black hebrew israelites. If they are gun owners then they are crazies with guns. They are not normal americans. And I don't get along with any of them.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top