BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 248
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If that's the case - not unheard of. Remember Infiniti (Nissan) was all over Redbull's powered by Renault. Granted yes, Renault owns Nissan - but there was no connection for Infiniti outside of a branding exercise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird game going on. The FIA was apparently “surprised” and I guess it takes senior team figure to announce that Cadillac’s involvement is nothing more than a badging exercise.

If that's the case - not unheard of. Remember Infiniti (Nissan) was all over Redbull's powered by Renault. Granted yes, Renault owns Nissan - but there was no connection for Infiniti outside of a branding exercise.

Not to mention Aston Martin and whoever is supplying their engines. Hell, not even their road cars have Aston Martin engines.

Time like this I miss the F1 Dark Lord of Sith, Bernie.

“What, a major American car company with deep pocket wants in?  Fuck your dilution and show me the money!”
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Weird shit is happening right now between F1 and the FIA

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not to mention Aston Martin and whoever is supplying their engines. Hell, not even their road cars have Aston Martin engines.

“What, a major American car company with deep pocket wants in?  Fuck your dilution and show me the money!”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird game going on. The FIA was apparently “surprised” and I guess it takes senior team figure to announce that Cadillac’s involvement is nothing more than a badging exercise.

Aston uses Mercedes engines in both F1 and their road cars. Same ownership for both the car company and the team as well.

Infiniti-Renault is the same as the current Alpine-Renault. Both are sub-brands owned by the producer of the power unit.

The only current arrangement that matches is Alfa on the Ferrari powered Saubers, but that deal was done with a 26 year old team that had been running Ferrari PU’s for a decade.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Weird shit is happening right now between F1 and the FIA

View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol @ Bernie. Bernie was all about his  paper. Hell, Yugo could have relaunched and asked to participate in F1 and so long as they had the bag - Bernie was opening the door with hand palm held out.

BTW - Mercedes took a 30% stake in Aston Martin (road cars). Aston the F1 team and their road car company use Mercedes engines (their road cars also use MB infotainment and switch gear but under agreement, can only use the previous generation of MB systems. Imagine that, pay 50-75% more than a current Mercedes only to get their old sh*t!).

The kink; Daimler-Benz, the master holdings entity for Mercedes-Benz, is now part owned by Chinese manufacturer Geely. Geely also wholly own Lotus and Volvo.
So, in about another three or four years I expect to see Volvo's introduction and Lotus's return to F1 with a Chinese driver and powered by Mercedes AMG.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
https://racer.com/2023/01/11/opinion-andretti-might-be-his-own-biggest-f1-roadblock/

TLDR: If Michael Andretti wanted a F1 team, he should have kept his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Smart move by Hyundai

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

DTS has lost a lot of appeal for me after last season.  It’s boring in that you already know how the season went, and a lot of the behind the scenes drama was pretty much known at the time, so it’s pretty much a rehash.  I didn’t bother to watch the last episode since I wasn’t interested in reliving the controversy over Massi’s rule bending.  The show was fun at first, mostly for Steiner constantly yelling at K-mag and Grosjean, but now it seems more like manufactured stories for each race that aren’t particularly revealing or interesting.  Plus, I can’t really stand Will Buxton explaining things in his condescending “I’m an expert” tone.  May pass.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

DTS has lost a lot of appeal for me after last season.  It’s boring in that you already know how the season went, and a lot of the behind the scenes drama was pretty much known at the time, so it’s pretty much a rehash.  I didn’t bother to watch the last episode since I wasn’t interested in reliving the controversy over Massi’s rule bending.  The show was fun at first, mostly for Steiner constantly yelling at K-mag and Grosjean, but now it seems more like manufactured stories for each race that aren’t particularly revealing or interesting.  Plus, I can’t really stand Will Buxton explaining things in his condescending “I’m an expert” tone.  May pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely understand what you're saying, but amuse-bouche before the season starts to shift my mind from football back for Formula 1.

I wish it was more chronological and not divided into team/driver segments, like a season review but with more behind the scenes stuff. I also wish development got more airtime, but I understand why teams don't want to share that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Williams, it’s James

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Williams, it’s James

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Williams, it’s James

Strange choice of words from Toto:

“In the last year, we decided that he would hand over the reigns to a new team of strategists and, since July, James has been moving off the pit wall, and not actively interfering anymore in the decision-making on the race weekends. [He’s been] with me, basically overlooking the situation, like I have done for many years.

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Williams, it’s James

View Quote

Be interested to see how much of a difference that makes, especially in the short term.  Their main problem seems to have been money and building a lousy car, and their 2023 car design is probably pretty much set.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#14]
The 2023 constructors championship winning car will be unveiled on February 3rd!

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#15]
This will be interesting.

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I completely understand what you're saying, but amuse-bouche before the season starts to shift my mind from football back for Formula 1.

I wish it was more chronological and not divided into team/driver segments, like a season review but with more behind the scenes stuff. I also wish development got more airtime, but I understand why teams don't want to share that stuff.
View Quote

I liked the Moto GP version better last year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damnit. Stop changing shit!
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would really like to see the Nurburgring return to the schedule.
View Quote

Nah, Hockenheim is a better track
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

DTS isn’t for you, or me, or any of the hardcore fans. It’s for my wife, she’ll casually watch the races because I watch them but she loves DTS and will watch every episode intently.

Last season was a strange one because covid restrictions really hampered filming, that’s why it seemed like race by race manufactured stories.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t really see the point, other than using up tires.  Not sure it will really change who gets knocked out in Q1, but what it might do is result in less running in the qualifying sessions as teams save preferred tires for the race.

I think they need to just go to two tires for a race weekend, a hard and a soft.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I liked the Moto GP version better last year.
View Quote

There's a Moto GP version of DTS?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don’t really see the point, other than using up tires.  Not sure it will really change who gets knocked out in Q1, but what it might do is result in less running in the qualifying sessions as teams save preferred tires for the race.

I think they need to just go to two tires for a race weekend, a hard and a soft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a fan. I think what they’re counting on is that at a couple of races last year a few of the top teams had issue getting compounds up to temp. This could potentially create some more opportunities for a shock pole. I seem to remember it hitting Ferrari, RB and Merc at different times.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nah, Hockenheim is was a better track
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would really like to see the Nurburgring return to the schedule.

Nah, Hockenheim is was a better track
...then some bright spark screwed up up by removing the forest section. "For the fans."

Dickhead.

m
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Where do I find it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is....super ghey.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I wanted Portimao again

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wanted Portimao again

View Quote

Now we get a spring and a summer break.

ETA:

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Just filled out the survey. I have a P2 to defend!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now we get a spring and a summer break.

ETA:

https://i.redd.it/br4e3xizklca1.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#30]
RecBullPowerTrains being considered as a new motorist for 2026 while they have had access to everything from Honda since 2021 is a real fucking joke..

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wanted Portimao again

View Quote

Portimao would have been awesome!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep it is called MotoGP unlimited, free on Amazon Prime. When they first released it, the subtitles option didn't work and only a robot dubbing was available so it bombed hard. But the subtitles one is good and they are speaking their own languages so it has more authentic feel.

They said they are pausing it this year, but plan on doing more seasons.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Start line or in a corner? Where would your seating preference be? In this case it's F1 Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Start line or in a corner? Where would your seating preference be? In this case it's F1 Vegas.
View Quote

It depends. First I'll say that it's impossible to know which part of the Vegas track is worth sitting at because they haven't raced there before.

Heavy braking zones are always good if you want to see overtaking. Highspeed corners are awesome if you want to have your jaw constantly dropping when you see how fast these cars really are but typically aren't where overtaking happens. The start line is cool but other than the action at the start of the race, all you'll see is the cars whizzing by.

Pick one or the other, and make sure that there will be a jumbotron visible from your seats so you can see what is going on when the action is elsewhere on track.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmwoVg-XkAANXcE?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

LOL What utter shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.

I have to wonder if this is a reaction to the crowds and security issues they were seeing in the second half of last year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have to wonder if this is a reaction to the crowds and security issues they were seeing in the second half of last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.

Link to that story?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link to that story?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.

Link to that story?

It's on ESPN.com
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link to that story?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.

Link to that story?

Verstappen fans were groping women and saying racist stuff whenever he won or had a big turnout of supporters. It was reported by ones of people so obviously it’s a huge issue.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Verstappen fans were groping women and saying racist stuff whenever he won or had a big turnout of supporters. It was reported by ones of people so obviously it’s a huge issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.

Link to that story?

Lol, no.

There was quite a bit of discussion in the second half of the season of fans not really having boundaries when they had paddock access. Kym Illman (F1 photographer) mentioned the issue a couple of times and figured all of the drivers would probably need bodyguards to keep people away. There were articles written as the drivers began to speak out about the issue.

As F1 has grown in popularity, more and more people have been given access to the paddock.

Red Bull had a group of fans looking for autographs enter the garage during qualifying and teams had gear stolen after the races.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Let the hype train begin!

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#43]
IMSA trying to cash in on DTS:

https://racer.com/2023/01/18/imsa-win-the-weekend-docuseries-takes-an-inside-look-at-gtp/
Win the Weekend, presented by Michelin Ep. 1: The new GTP class gears up for the 2023 IMSA season.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lol, no.

There was quite a bit of discussion in the second half of the season of fans not really having boundaries when they had paddock access. Kym Illman (F1 photographer) mentioned the issue a couple of times and figured all of the drivers would probably need bodyguards to keep people away. There were articles written as the drivers began to speak out about the issue.

As F1 has grown in popularity, more and more people have been given access to the paddock.

Red Bull had a group of fans looking for autographs enter the garage during qualifying and teams had gear stolen after the races.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL What utter shit.

Link to that story?

Lol, no.

Teams need to stfu and realize where their money comes from. For the price of a paddock pass I should be able to sit in the car and make vroom vroom noises if I want to.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Teams need to stfu and realize where their money comes from. For the price of a paddock pass I should be able to sit in the car and make vroom vroom noises if I want to.
View Quote
Wait... are you serious?

It's a paddock pass, not unrestricted access to the entire facility.

m
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Rip WTF1 and shout out to their family.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Let the hype train begin!

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Indycar is as well.
View All Quotes

World Rugby is as well. Netflix has already started work on it.  They will focus on the 6 Nations teams.
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top