Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 85
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For some good news that I don't think I ever posted.

One of my cousin's daughter was diagnosed a year ago with cancer. 5 or 6 years old.

She got to ring the bell last month
View Quote
MAZEL TOV!
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck cancer.

Sideways.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For some good news that I don’t think I ever posted.

One of my cousin’s daughter was diagnosed a year ago with cancer. 5 or 6 years old.

View Quote

That’s awesome.  Girl treatments are usually shorter than boys.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

One of my cousin’s daughter was diagnosed a year ago with cancer. 5 or 6 years old.

View Quote

With ALL, it 2.5yrs vs 3.5
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That sounds really tough, Im sorry for what your family has been though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, my life’s a little different.  We’re trapped at home with 3 kids all day.  We don’t leave.  When I say we don’t leave, I mean we don’t cheat, not one bit.  I may go check on a crew here or there, but I don’t get out of the truck, I don’t go to a gas station, I don’t go through a drive thru.  

We try to do some stuff outside but it’s so hot in July/aug.  We have to be very careful with C, I’ve mentioned before, no swimming, has to stay fairly clean, all the things that go against a 4yr old farm kids natural tendencies.  

It’s not only covid, but covid on top of everything else that can put him in the hospital...where covid is.  So we’re inside a lot.  It’s excruciatingly draining.  Today, he stepped and slipped off the couch he wasn’t supposed to be walking on.  Grabbed his foot and screamed,  he’s been through some stuff, he don’t scream much, so I just knew his foot was broken.  Turns out, it was fine.  But in an instant, you go from playing on the couch, to we’re going to the hospital, covid, broken foot, surgery, infection, and so on.  When it’s your child, you go from perfectly normal to super stressed crazy panic in .02 seconds.  We live like this everyday, bc we love him.  But it beats us down.  

Sometimes we get the kids to bed and we just kinda check out, on our phones or in front of the tv.  Tonight was one of those nights.

No sympathy, not looking for any.  But that’s some of what our life is like.  And sometimes, life is a bowl of fruit loops with marshmallows at midnight.  

(I know you didn’t mean anything by your question.  I think I just needed to talk/type for a second)

That sounds really tough, Im sorry for what your family has been though.

All good!
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I can kind of relate, in a different way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Egg sammich is gone, had to do a late night bowl of cereal.  Fruit loops with marshmallows.

jesus what is your life like?

Well, my life’s a little different.  We’re trapped at home with 3 kids all day.  We don’t leave.  When I say we don’t leave, I mean we don’t cheat, not one bit.  I may go check on a crew here or there, but I don’t get out of the truck, I don’t go to a gas station, I don’t go through a drive thru.  

We try to do some stuff outside but it’s so hot in July/aug.  We have to be very careful with C, I’ve mentioned before, no swimming, has to stay fairly clean, all the things that go against a 4yr old farm kids natural tendencies.  

It’s not only covid, but covid on top of everything else that can put him in the hospital...where covid is.  So we’re inside a lot.  It’s excruciatingly draining.  Today, he stepped and slipped off the couch he wasn’t supposed to be walking on.  Grabbed his foot and screamed,  he’s been through some stuff, he don’t scream much, so I just knew his foot was broken.  Turns out, it was fine.  But in an instant, you go from playing on the couch, to we’re going to the hospital, covid, broken foot, surgery, infection, and so on.  When it’s your child, you go from perfectly normal to super stressed crazy panic in .02 seconds.  We live like this everyday, bc we love him.  But it beats us down.  

Sometimes we get the kids to bed and we just kinda check out, on our phones or in front of the tv.  Tonight was one of those nights.

No sympathy, not looking for any.  But that’s some of what our life is like.  And sometimes, life is a bowl of fruit loops with marshmallows at midnight.  

(I know you didn’t mean anything by your question.  I think I just needed to talk/type for a second)

I actually think about you a lot.  From what I’ve gathered, your situation potentially keeps you strapped down as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Only going to be 97 today.  Feel about like 105.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]
SD, I hope your enjoying this humid misery.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t even get to. I’m stuck in my windowless dungeon of an office with two menopausal ladies who prefer the thermostat set to ‘meat locker.’
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don’t even get to. I’m stuck in my windowless dungeon of an office with two menopausal ladies who prefer the thermostat set to ‘meat locker.’
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better take your shawl.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Well that doesn’t sound enjoyable at all.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Geez, even I have a window in my dungeon. My view is shit but still.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Yes!  I even had a small cup last night.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MAZEL TOV!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some good news that I don't think I ever posted.

One of my cousin's daughter was diagnosed a year ago with cancer. 5 or 6 years old.

MAZEL TOV!

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I should create a coffee shower.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Then invite AJ over
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#18]
*That thought wasn’t supposed to leave my brain*
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck cancer.

Sideways.
View Quote

You’re damned right.

RIP, Sparky, Ed, fatalwishes, and Chay
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s interesting. Any idea why?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I actually think about you a lot.  From what I’ve gathered, your situation potentially keeps you strapped down as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Egg sammich is gone, had to do a late night bowl of cereal.  Fruit loops with marshmallows.

Not really strapped down, just a very different lifestyle than I ever imagined having.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Only going to be 97 today.  Feel about like 105.
View Quote

90-ish here
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#23]

I need to get my ass out of bed and get some
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I should create a coffee shower.
View Quote

YES
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Then invite AJ over
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

None past 10am or so.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better take your shawl.  

https://www.inforum.com/lifestyle/article538629.ece/alternates/BASE_LANDSCAPE/1419263%2B010415-F-FF-PrayerShawl-1.jpg

I...uh...well, I did in fact bring my shawl.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You’re damned right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck cancer.

Sideways.

You’re damned right.

Also

Eric K,  the guy that got me into hunting
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 5 computer screens and 7 TVs, but no window.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I still use the rifle he sold me.

It’s way too much for deer here but won’t change
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, well, kinda.  Kinda I’m not sure I understand well enough to accurately type it out.  

And I stay away from googling such things.

It’s has some to do with “bad” cells potentially hiding out in the testicular area, and the potential to fire everything back up again if they’re not flushed out.  Far more complicated than that, but that’s the short and ugly version out drs tell us.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not really strapped down, just a very different lifestyle than I ever imagined having.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

None past 10am or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None past 10am or so.

Caffeine’s never really affected me a whole lot.  I can drink it and go right to bed.  There’s times it can, probably due to other factors as well, like stress, but I drink it most of the day sometimes.  

It probably affects me more than I realize, but doesn’t get me wired or anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better take your shawl.  

https://www.inforum.com/lifestyle/article538629.ece/alternates/BASE_LANDSCAPE/1419263%2B010415-F-FF-PrayerShawl-1.jpg

I laughed
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think dude on FB is just trying to push people over the edge.
Baiting.

Wants to see how far he can can't it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be playing CoD with the others
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make one screen an artificial window?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Also

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck cancer.

Sideways.

You’re damned right.

Also

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solvin skillz on point
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Killed it...killed the thread
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I’ll keep my hotdog to myself next time
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I’ll keep my hotdog to myself next time
View Quote

If only ich would follow this strategy...
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Please do.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Hey now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Gonna cool right off today and only get to 98*
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#50]
3% humidity
Page / 85
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top