Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 617
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I still cannot believe that we allow this to go on...where is the country I grew up in?
When will we say 'enough' and do something?
For shame, for shame.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard the dipshit Benjamin Crump on Good Morning America this morning.  He was talking about how the small group of troublemakers spoiled the protests and were tarnishing Mike Brown's "legacy of peace".

Let's see, the last two things Mike Brown did were to rough up a convenience store clerk while stealing cigars, and get into a fight with a cop.  I'm missing the "legacy of peace" here somehow.
View Quote

I thought the same thing.  He's an affirmative action case, probably beginning in high school.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Every time I watch these riots, I just can't help but reaffirm that right wingers are the bigger threat to this country.  
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unarmed?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tonight is going to be a real mess unless the NG is allowed to regulate.

Unarmed?  

And isn't that the kicker?
imagine the outcome if 'use of live ammunition has been authorized' was stated loudly over bullhorns?
A lot of people might just go home then..either on foot or in bags.
I don't care either way.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/anon-copwatch

Pretty large crowd that just tried to go in the judicial center and was stopped and threatened by DHS if they went further the would be tased according to the streamer. Needs more bulldozer
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cliffnotes?

Gist?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Former MD AG was just on NPR, and hit it out of the ballpark.  

Cliffnotes?

Gist?

this. you can't do that
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am imagining someone going and quickly exiting the browser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if he posts here on the ARF or not, but just in case: Dennis, Jason knows you have a rifle at your desk.

I am imagining someone going and quickly exiting the browser.

oh that's goddamn funny.

hopefully Dennis doesn't get punished by Jason....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow I can't read or listen to anymore press reports about this, It's like Bizarro world
View Quote

You haven't  noticed what has been going on since January 20, 2009?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every time I watch these riots, I just can't help but reaffirm that right wingers are the bigger threat to this country.  

?

Seriously...WTF?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

?

Sarcasm
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow I can't read or listen to anymore press reports about this, It's like Bizarro world
View Quote

Yeah, I was finishing up a controled buy last night, and we were all cheering listening to the radio on the way back to the office. We then sat around the TV in the detective's office watching for awhile.

Today, me and another guy were talking about how glad we are to live where we do, and thinking of even moving further into the mountains and breaking our TVs.

The coverage and vomitus cming forth from the idiots and talking heads is churning my gut.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing.  He's an affirmative action case, probably beginning in high school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard the dipshit Benjamin Crump on Good Morning America this morning.  He was talking about how the small group of troublemakers spoiled the protests and were tarnishing Mike Brown's "legacy of peace".

Let's see, the last two things Mike Brown did were to rough up a convenience store clerk while stealing cigars, and get into a fight with a cop.  I'm missing the "legacy of peace" here somehow.

Yup. Not to mention law school isn't a test of intelligence, it's a test of bullheaded perseverance. There's no shortage of law schools lining up to take your money, no matter how low your LSAT score.

So says this 2L.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Did something happen in Africa or are they flying the flag of some territories in Africa where they wouldn't last a week? Buy a one way ticket back there if this nation is oppressing you so badly.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Was just notified they'll be a protest outside my building at 1600 hrs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And I hope they don't rebuild a single fucking business there.  Fuck 'em.  You want to burn down your neighborhood, fine. You get to live in a wasteland after that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO the real victims are the business owners of Ferguson and the emplolyees of these establishments who are trying to pick up the pieces of a vandalized/looted store.  I am willing to bet most of the rioters and looters are not from nor work in Ferguson.  I bet these people come from a few towns away just looking to raise havoc regardless of whatever decision was announced.

I feel bad for those people, their lives are in shambles right now.

And I hope they don't rebuild a single fucking business there.  Fuck 'em.  You want to burn down your neighborhood, fine. You get to live in a wasteland after that.

Except they won;t.  Coming to an affordable housing complex IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My wife and I were talking about that last night.

This was a guy who decided to try to kill a cop, after realizing he might be getting caught for stealing some cigars, or perhaps just for being "disrespected" (for being told to not walk in the middle of the street).  

To me, that likely indicates either (1) psychopathy, or (2) serious intoxication (or under the effect of something quite powerful)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've always found that using "yes sir, no sir" and not punching police to be a fast and efficient way of getting through contact with the cops. Also not being reported as a thief from the PD dispatch and hanging in shitty neighborhoods at midnight has helped too I believe. YMMV

Oooh, oooh, I've got one!

How about:

"Upon relinquishing a convenience store of a handful of Swisher Sweets, consider moving to the sidewalk when an officer requests you stop interfering with traffic by walking down the middle of the road."

This part of the story always amazed me. He wasn't trying to maintain a low profile. He wasn't trying to avoid contact with the police. Brown was utterly brazen about the robbery and the aftermath. Absolutely no concern about being caught.

Nobody in the media has mentioned this - nor his concern about punching the officer and attempting to get his gun. I was surprised the toxicological reports didn't indicated PCP or even LSD. The guy was out on a wilding and didn't care about any of society's laws.

My wife and I were talking about that last night.

This was a guy who decided to try to kill a cop, after realizing he might be getting caught for stealing some cigars, or perhaps just for being "disrespected" (for being told to not walk in the middle of the street).  

To me, that likely indicates either (1) psychopathy, or (2) serious intoxication (or under the effect of something quite powerful)

He was probably getting wet.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was finishing up a controled buy last night, and we were all cheering listening to the radio on the way back to the office. We then sat around the TV in the detective's office watching for awhile.

Today, me and another guy were talking about how glad we are to live where we do, and thinking of even moving further into the mountains and breaking our TVs.

The coverage and vomitus cming forth from the idiots and talking heads is churning my gut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting away and getting off the grid is something I am really starting to get serious about.
This is no longer my country.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Illinois gun group offers up this on their website:

LISTEN UP, ST. LOUIS: If government won’t stop this, we Armed Americans will.

You listen and you listen good:  If you don’t get a handle on this – like right now – Armed Americans will take it upon themselves to get a handle on it.

Commenter mentions Bracken's CWII.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Water balloons full of piss off the roof for the win!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Sarcasm
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

Sarcasm
I'd say they need their sarcasm detectors calibrated, but I think the repair shop for those got burned down.

And all of the detectors that were for sale got looted.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, I wouldn't be a cop anywhere where there are "colored communities", especially when the President accuses you of racism.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
PzFeed Top News ?@PzFeed  7m7 minutes ago
Vigils and protests planned for today across the USA. #Ferguson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3TxqeYCUAAEc2P.png
View Quote

Celebrations at justice being done in this case:

Time :  After work (that's W.O.R.K., if you don't know what this term means, then you probably are looking for one of the "vigils").
Attire: casual, dirty clothes from an honest day's work (see above) are fine.(If you don't own a belt to hold your pants up, see above.)
What to bring: Beer. Bar-bee-cue supplied.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

What floor you on?

Open window , pee on 'em?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Police can't stop the burning and looting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The "Protesters" had their chance last night to demonstrate - they chose to destroy a huge portion of the city and terrorize the population. Enough of their harmful and dangerous shenanigans. I hope tonight belongs to LEO; be JBT in full force and take what's left of the city back. Please.

Police can't stop the burning and looting.

Not if they are told to stay away.  I was amazed that apparently no effort was made to protect property.

Ray Charles could see the rioting/looting and arson coming after the no true bill for Wilson (Good response by the Grand Jury!).

I have not read...and many never read...well over 50 pages that occurred since late last night.   I do not know whether the National Guard can help protect property while armed.

I have made this comment since the August riots.   There needs to a curfew.  Perhaps sunset to sunrise or a little earlier.

No crowds period.   If you are not going to/from work, you will be arrested.

If martial law is appropriate and possible, bring out that option.

Protests are fine.  Once the ghetto folks impact traffic flow or engage in any sort of violence.....escalate response quickly to stop it.

If legal, I still feel that looters should be shot on sight.

Arsonists...shot on sight.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm drinking water and coffee as fast as I can.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yup. Not to mention law school isn't a test of intelligence, it's a test of bullheaded perseverance. There's no shortage of law schools lining up to take your money, no matter how low your LSAT score.

So says this 2L.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So says this 2L.

So.........you're saying I have a chance!?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Flying ear plugs?  Must have been loud.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rubber bullets man!!

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

"Stop, collaborate and listen!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious question, if it's 15-20F there wouldn't water cannons/hoses be pretty effective? Hard to riot and loot with hypothermia.

As good and effective an idea as this is, I think Bull Conner pretty much ruined that tactic in 1963.

It would work, but the optics would be terrible.

This is why we can't have ice things
Ice things.  ICE things.  That wasn't a spelling error was it.  

I Lol'd.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What floor you on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What floor you on?

Windows don't open. But I'm high enough up to get a pretty good spread.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

imagine the outcome if 'use of live ammunition has been authorized' was stated loudly over bullhorns?
I don't care either way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tonight is going to be a real mess unless the NG is allowed to regulate.

Unarmed?  

I don't care either way.

"The National Guard has fixed bayonets"

Cue the music
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As good and effective an idea as this is, I think Bull Conner pretty much ruined that tactic in 1963.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question, if it's 15-20F there wouldn't water cannons/hoses be pretty effective? Hard to riot and loot with hypothermia.

Optics be damned.   What happened last night was a disgrace.   It was a failure by the police and/or politicians.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why we can't have ice things
Ice things.  ICE things.  That wasn't a spelling error was it.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#35]
LE and NG better up their game tonight and stop using gas and rubber bullets. All it's doing is letting them continue their destruction without fear of any real harm.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

At this point, I wouldn't be a cop anywhere where there are "colored communities", especially when the President accuses you of racism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We got word this morning that a well known national gang has put out word to kill cops, by shooting them in the back of the head, on sight, especially at home.

Guys with take homes are being warned to keep their heads on a swivel.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So says this 2L.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So says this 2L.

I went to a tier 1 school and could always count one at least beating the top 33 percent of the class in an exam with minimal effort.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cliffnotes?

Gist?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Former MD AG was just on NPR, and hit it out of the ballpark.  

Cliffnotes?

Gist?

He said that McCulloch handled it really well, and rather than "indict a ham sandwich" he gave the GJ all of the evidence.  He stressed that rather than tilt the scale toward dismissal McCulloch actually tilted the scale toward indictment.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rubber bullets man!!

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2014/08/17/ryan-reilly-twitter.jpg

LOL, and "Fergurson too, real mental giant that one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We got word this morning that a well known national gang has put out word to kill cops, by shooting them in the back of the head, on sight, especially at home.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay safe guys.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I went to a tier 1 school and could always count one at least beating the top 33 percent of the class in an exam with minimal effort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So says this 2L.

That's where I'm at so far. Top 10% at a Tier 1. (I was top 5% after first semester, then I learned I didn't have to try quite so hard...)
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pretty large crowd that just tried to go in the judicial center and was stopped and threatened by DHS if they went further the would be tased according to the streamer. Needs more bulldozer
View Quote

That's a lot of white people
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

Orwellian actually.

Up is down, down is up, good is bad, bad is good.

And all intentional too.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch your six bro and be safe.  

Sounds to me like a good time for the buddy system.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you haven't already read some of the witness reports, do so.  Witness 41 is my favorite so far:  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370963-interview-witness-41-2.html

View Quote

In part 1 she wanted to erase the tape. Her uncle works for the FBI.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local cop to me said the same thing
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs more coal-rolling brodozer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Zero sympathy for the "reporters" who are covering this. They helped fan the flames.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why you should park your take home car in front of your most-hated neighbor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I bet a couple of guys with weed whackers could do some good defending. Eh, maybe until the bricks start flying again.
Page / 617
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top