BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If ford can meet the 2020 date with rivian and make it look better than this they win. He really messed up with no traditional looks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
So ugly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered the triple motor, only drawback is the 0-60 is only 2.9 seconds and my current Model S will do 0-60 in 2.4 seconds.  First world problems and all that...

So who else noticed the Blade Runner easter egg when they were done ordering?
? It isn't on the website.
https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck
The images on the ordering page actually has those goofy wheels and tires with the wheel protruding out into the tire?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:16:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Truth... This placd cracks me up.

"GD, We hate everything"
View Quote
No, if it goes 0-60 in 2.9 and could take a couple hundred lbs in the bed without squatting it's ass and needing a bunch of expensive shit to level the rear, AND didn't look potato I might be interested.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The plastic "sledge" hammer? And the "metal" windows that cracked?

I was waiting for the skin to be lifted off to reveal something underneath. Musk was higher than a kite. That being said, let's see what finally rolls off the assembly line, if and when that happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is nothing Tesla could have made that GD would like. If it was free, they'd still find an angle to bitch.
The plastic "sledge" hammer? And the "metal" windows that cracked?

I was waiting for the skin to be lifted off to reveal something underneath. Musk was higher than a kite. That being said, let's see what finally rolls off the assembly line, if and when that happens.
Hell... Let's see if something rolls off the assembly line.

Two years later, there's still no Semi or Gen2 Roadster in production.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
looks awful and expensive to build, lolz
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I like it. Is it a disco truck? Probably.

Chris
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No, if it goes 0-60 in 2.9 and could take a couple hundred lbs in the bed without squatting it's ass and needing a bunch of expensive shit to level the rear, AND didn't look potato I might be interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"GD, We hate everything"
Don't forget that he claimed the skin of this thing can stop 115gr 9mm.

How thick does stainless steel need to be to do that, and how much does it weigh per square foot at that thickness?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:21:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How thick does stainless steel need to be to do that, and how much does it weigh per square foot at that thickness?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"GD, We hate everything"

MaRs
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#11]
the headlights confuse me...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I was wondering if someone was going to remember this.

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#13]
MOAR MEMES
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:25:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What I read is that it is 301 stainless that is 3mm thick 60 lbs per door. Not rated to stop bullets, but doesn't mean it won't stop 9mm.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-bulletproof-stainless-steel-body/
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:26:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MOAR MEMES
View Quote
Well, I posted it in the other thread but,

POWERFUL LIKE A GORILLA YET SOFT AND YIELDING LIKE A NERF BALL

The Homer - The Car Built for Homer
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#16]
From the Jalopnik comments section:

Comment- I thought for sure it was a troll... and they were going to bring out the “real one”.... I’m literally shocked at how bad this is.

Response- Between the truck design, the goth kids from South Park breaking shit, and how badly Elon was doing at presenting I still am not convinced we didn’t just get trolled.

"Goth kids from South Park" is a damn near perfect description of Musk's on stage help tonight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Truck has desired effect. Get people talking about Tesla.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Hate the steering wheel. I assume the rear view mirror is connected to a camera or something? Where are the side mirrors? Love the specs of the truck, but it could use some cosmetic love.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I honest dont care about the looks. DOnt like the lack of side bed access, and the very limited field of view it appears to have.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I call bullshit. Publicity stunt.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:44:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is nothing Tesla could have made that GD would like. If it was free, they'd still find an angle to bitch.
View Quote
Oh Bullshit.
Maybe auto manufacturers should go back to building shit worth buying and not over priced over engineered rolling piles of shit.

It's your fucking money. Demand better. When a shit box work truck is fetching 40k that's a big problem.
Have you seen other than this abortion, the 19 silverado? Fugly.

Angle to bitch about? This thing looks like a Slant backed Humvee got drunk with a Ridgeline called, plowed the poor Ridgeline watching some cheesy 70s/80s sci-fi movie on netflix, the bunker got busted and 9 months later that thing dribbled out of the ass of a ridgeline. Look at that fucking thing!
There's plenty of angles to bitch about! That fucking thing is hideous.

I don't know what you consider to be a truck. But when I hear Truck I think 2 things.

Not some Blade Runner netflix and chill Humvee Ridgeline abortion.
Not soyboi ecojunk under the hood tied to a multi speed slush box that inevitably will infuriate anyone who doesn't circumvent the preprogrammed parameters by running it WOT.
Not derp tastic body styling like that thing and GMs latest disasterpieces.

Truck.
T-R-U-C-K
Truck.

Why is everyone complacent around here accepting retard levels of nanny state bullshit arbitrarily raising costs to us consumers?
Why is everyone complacent around here accepting piss poor value?
I don't fucking get it. Ya'll defend the derp coming out of Dearborn and detroit?! Did you grow up in abusive homes? Remain in abusive relationships? Are ya'll suffering Stockholm syndrome? Is Alex Jones right and they are putting chemicals in the water turning frogs gay and causing your taste in vehicles to drop lower than a hood rats expectations for a mate?
Holy fuck there's no hope with defending the derp and regulations that cause said derp to be executed by manufacturers.

Christ it's like jousting with the Ford fanboi tards when I used to fix their shit for a living. They acted as though they were the chief engineers and I just insulted them after fucking their daughter. Ass hurt over Muh blue goose egg. Here I was showing and telling them it's a flawed design and here's how you fix it and they got insulted? Why?! You didn't build it. You sure as fuck paid for it though. Demand better if they're willing to finger fuck your wallet massage your balls for 50k+ for a diesel truck then for fucks sake go through the roof on the cunts and tell them to build a fucking engine not a God damned boat anchor that will be in the shop more than on the road. Want me to stand behind their product? Sure thing as long as it comes with a heated tail gate for winter state residents.

Fuck outta here. I don't defend garbage, the Miller's in Abilene did. I also don't take getting pissed on and told it's rain.

Meanwhile their beloved company was doing their damn best to wiggle out of warrantying their engineers or corporate penny pinchers cost cutting manufacturing fuck up?

Yeah. I'm gonna drop 50k and hitch my wagon to a vehicle producer that builds shit dodges warranty with every excuse they can conjure up even go as far as blame the customer for using a truck for truck stuff?!

Demand better.

I don't know about ya'll but I'm not with having shit pushed on my plate and told it's soufflé.
Hell, look at cadillac. They used to be a reputable car, classy body styling except for the Seville that got kicked square in the ass and that Cimarron thing.
Now look at them. Over priced heaps of shit.

Wait til Ford Mopar and GM come forth with their electric boondoggle of a truck.
Think this things hot?
Pfft. With GMs current crop of body stylists, Fords recycled beer can bodies, and Mopars electronics
Won't be a God damned thing worth calling a truck.

Tacoma and tundra guys will be pointing and laughing and ironically so at prius pickups.

I'm done buying trucks. Mother fuckers are turds circling the drain asking for more, while building shit as cheap as possible, that you'd be lucky would hold up to real use and abuse.

And here's folks coming right along supporting this shit like it's a single mother on a strip pole.

The fuck is wrong with ya'll? You're getting fucked, not in a good way either, and willing to pay for it and support it!?

Think your shit has real leather? Go cut the hog rings and peel the seat covers back. Tell me what that seat cover says. Bet it says vinyl/leatherette
Unless it's an older king ranch that actually had real leather seats.

Pfft. That'll tow as much as an F350 dually. Bull shit it can. Bullshit.
But Muh motorz.

Let's see. 3500 pound load capacity, supposed 30k towing capacity
I don't see 19.5s let alone load range Es on that pig.
I don't see a fully boxed steel frame.
I don't see rotors that fill up the inside of the wheel leaving just enough room for massive calipers to fit.
I don't see a hitch and that's supposed to tow 30k?
All that thing is good for is toting golf clubs around the PGA

And getting pointed at and laughed at.

But it does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.
Yeah? Alot of good that'll do when the windows fucking shatter sitting idle looking like a Humvee put the screws to a ridgeline. Yay. Sign me right up for that heap of shit.

With some luck the battery shits the bed erupts into a fireworks show at random collect on the insurance and go stock pile C10s and K10s that haven't been boomer fucked with junk ass dime a dozen crate engines and slush box automatic transmissions topped off with faggy paint schemes.

Maybe chevy should make an electric silverado. I'd be thrilled to see that new body style engulfed in flames never to return again.

Fire the soybois.
Tell .gov to get their dick beaters out of the automotive industry.
Make American Automotive industry Great Again.

Air bags? Optional. You pay for them.
Traction control, stability control, non driving retard assists optional you pay for them.
Automagic transmissions optional, you pay for it.
2019. We should be having twin turbo supercharged or 500+hp/ftlbs NA V8s from the factory.
Not that faggy eco junk.
Not recycled beer cans for bodies.

I don't know about ya'll but if I'm spending 50k on something the mother fucker better be worth it or come with a blow job and a sammich.
Everyone else's willing to bed over and take it up the ass dry. Just as bad as letting the spouse put your balls in her purse.

All that thing and support for that thing does is tell the big boys the populace is pants on head retarded and will buy anything including something that looks like a toddlers drawing of a car or truck. Chem trails did their job, chemicals in the water turning frogs gay did their job.
It's evident with overwhelming support for shittastic engineered overpriced .gov mandate meeting and exceeding, over priced, chitnzy built, piles of fucking garbage.
And you're okay with settling for that?

We're doomed. We will never have nice things ever again. Nor priced appropriately either.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:47:59 AM EDT
[#23]
The picture in the story looks like a BBC on wheels.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I like it
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:45:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The images on the ordering page actually has those goofy wheels and tires with the wheel protruding out into the tire?
View Quote
The tires look like they were molded specifically around the extensions on the wheels.

Nothing says value like having to pay extra for specific, one-off tires.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:50:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh Bullshit.
Maybe auto manufacturers should go back to building shit worth buying and not over priced over engineered rolling piles of shit.

It's your fucking money. Demand better. When a shit box work truck is fetching 40k that's a big problem.

Angle to bitch about? This thing looks like a Slant backed Humvee got drunk with a Ridgeline called, plowed the poor Ridgeline watching some cheesy 70s/80s sci-fi movie on netflix, the bunker got busted and 9 months later that thing dribbled out of the ass of a ridgeline. Look at that fucking thing!

I don't know what you consider to be a truck. But when I hear Truck I think 2 things.

https://www.carid.com/images/mcgaughys/items/93150-4.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9c/b2/44/9cb2442c0744475776a2fd482c8ca157.jpg

Not soyboi ecojunk under the hood tied to a multi speed slush box that inevitably will infuriate anyone who doesn't circumvent the preprogrammed parameters by running it WOT.

Truck.
T-R-U-C-K
Truck.

Why is everyone complacent around here accepting retard levels of nanny state bullshit arbitrarily raising costs to us consumers?
I don't fucking get it. Ya'll defend the derp coming out of Dearborn and detroit?! Did you grow up in abusive homes? Remain in abusive relationships? Are ya'll suffering Stockholm syndrome? Is Alex Jones right and they are putting chemicals in the water turning frogs gay and causing your taste in vehicles to drop lower than a hood rats expectations for a mate?
Holy fuck there's no hope with defending the derp and regulations that cause said derp to be executed by manufacturers.

Christ it's like jousting with the Ford fanboi tards when I used to fix their shit for a living. They acted as though they were the chief engineers and I just insulted them after fucking their daughter. Ass hurt over Muh blue goose egg. Here I was showing and telling them it's a flawed design and here's how you fix it and they got insulted? Why?! You didn't build it. You sure as fuck paid for it though. Demand better if they're willing to finger fuck your wallet massage your balls for 50k+ for a diesel truck then for fucks sake go through the roof on the cunts and tell them to build a fucking engine not a God damned boat anchor that will be in the shop more than on the road. Want me to stand behind their product? Sure thing as long as it comes with a heated tail gate for winter state residents.

Fuck outta here. I don't defend garbage, the Miller's in Abilene did. I also don't take getting pissed on and told it's rain.

Meanwhile their beloved company was doing their damn best to wiggle out of warrantying their engineers or corporate penny pinchers cost cutting manufacturing fuck up?

Yeah. I'm gonna drop 50k and hitch my wagon to a vehicle producer that builds shit dodges warranty with every excuse they can conjure up even go as far as blame the customer for using a truck for truck stuff?!

Demand better.

I don't know about ya'll but I'm not with having shit pushed on my plate and told it's soufflé.
Hell, look at cadillac. They used to be a reputable car, classy body styling except for the Seville that got kicked square in the ass and that Cimarron thing.

Wait til Ford Mopar and GM come forth with their electric boondoggle of a truck.
Think this things hot?
Pfft. With GMs current crop of body stylists, Fords recycled beer can bodies, and Mopars electronics

Tacoma and tundra guys will be pointing and laughing and ironically so at prius pickups.

I'm done buying trucks. Mother fuckers are turds circling the drain asking for more, while building shit as cheap as possible, that you'd be lucky would hold up to real use and abuse.

And here's folks coming right along supporting this shit like it's a single mother on a strip pole.

The fuck is wrong with ya'll? You're getting fucked, not in a good way either, and willing to pay for it and support it!?

Think your shit has real leather? Go cut the hog rings and peel the seat covers back. Tell me what that seat cover says. Bet it says vinyl/leatherette

But Muh motorz.

I don't see rotors that fill up the inside of the wheel leaving just enough room for massive calipers to fit.

Yeah? Alot of good that'll do when the windows fucking shatter sitting idle looking like a Humvee put the screws to a ridgeline. Yay. Sign me right up for that heap of shit.

With some luck the battery shits the bed erupts into a fireworks show at random collect on the insurance and go stock pile C10s and K10s that haven't been boomer fucked with junk ass dime a dozen crate engines and slush box automatic transmissions topped off with faggy paint schemes.

Maybe chevy should make an electric silverado. I'd be thrilled to see that new body style engulfed in flames never to return again.

Fire the soybois.

Traction control, stability control, non driving retard assists optional you pay for them.
2019. We should be having twin turbo supercharged or 500+hp/ftlbs NA V8s from the factory.
Not that faggy eco junk.

I don't know about ya'll but if I'm spending 50k on something the mother fucker better be worth it or come with a blow job and a sammich.
Everyone else's willing to bed over and take it up the ass dry. Just as bad as letting the spouse put your balls in her purse.

All that thing and support for that thing does is tell the big boys the populace is pants on head retarded and will buy anything including something that looks like a toddlers drawing of a car or truck. Chem trails did their job, chemicals in the water turning frogs gay did their job.
It's evident with overwhelming support for shittastic engineered overpriced .gov mandate meeting and exceeding, over priced, chitnzy built, piles of fucking garbage.

We're doomed. We will never have nice things ever again. Nor priced appropriately either.
View Quote
No doubt this thing looks like a 'truck' that was designed by a car guy.

Car guys can't and shouldn't design trucks.

That being said, trucks and SUVs are the only thing that car companies sell today that actually make money.  That's why they're all trying to dump 4 door sedans as quickly as they can.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh Bullshit.

Truck.
T-R-U-C-K
Truck.

Demand better.

Think this things hot?

But Muh motorz.

Fire the soybois.

Not that faggy eco junk.

View Quote
Jesus man Switch to decaf for a day...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I was skeptical for awhile and ive seen a number of YT videos about Tesla cars.

If my electricity would stop going up 39% every year because th me Corp commission is in bed with APS. I might consider a used Tesla for trips around the valley. I dont drive 400 miles a day I'd have to plug that one car in every 9th day.

I welcome them to try but eventually the world supply of Lithium is going to be depleted long before crude oil disappears.  At least cruising around in a Tesla doesnt say I'm a hipster look at me in a Volt.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I want the ATV
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:21:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I was WTF then sorta want back to WTF.
Then I realised it's not a truck but more of an SUV and I'm back to sort of want.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#31]
It looks like they started with an El Camino and decided to remake it entirely with a straight edge ruler. It’s basically a trapezoid on wheels.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You guys hate everything,
I kinda like it
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#33]
This has to be a joke right
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I ordered one. Also ordered the 3 very early, and it has been the best car I have ever owned. They improved the 3 during my 2 year wait, with progressive updates and improvements, I’m sure this will be the same. I loved the Lotus Turbo Esprit, and this has a strong resemblance, so for me the design is spot on. I don’t want the same thing, and it’ll tow my 5000lb trailer and still probably beat 95% of sports cars off the line while doing that. Cold weather performance will be interesting, as my usecase will be camping, hunting in cool or cold weather. For that fact alone, along with my 3 experience, I’ll get the tri motor for the 500mile range.

As an aside, I just put Michelin pilot sport 4 s on my 3, and holy shitballs, the car drives like it is on rails. So tire choice for this truck will be interesting....

Cheers haters!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I like it. It would be perfect for my consulting business. I might order one.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Bullshit.

Truck.
T-R-U-C-K
Truck.

Demand better.

Think this things hot?

But Muh motorz.

Fire the soybois.

Not that faggy eco junk.

He's not wrong, though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Almost makes the 2020 Silverado look good.

Almost.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#40]
My guess is this is a concept, the production versions will look slightly different.

It's kinda growing on me, maybe I should get an MRI
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh Bullshit.

Truck.
T-R-U-C-K
Truck.

Demand better.

Think this things hot?

But Muh motorz.

Fire the soybois.

Not that faggy eco junk.

View Quote
Bro, Porsche master race checking in. We welcome you with open arms. Cmon over to the dark side.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I bet they will sell tons of these. If you like brodozers, how do you not like a truck that looks like it was from an 80’s movie set in the future? Also, the specs and price are pretty impressive.

If they release them at that price point, you will see these everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#43]
That's going to take some getting used to.

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Pretty sure it won't meet collision standards without a crumple zone.

It doesn't know what it wants to be.  An off road adventure vehicle? A sports car?  A tow vehicle?  ..an around town utility vehicle?  It's the Crossfire rifle/shotgun of cars.  It doesn't know what it wants to be, and it's not focused enough to do anything well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like the PERFECT shitbox for our future left wing dystopian goon squads that will round us up.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#46]
The memes this POS will generate are gonna be epic.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#47]
I bet this thing is going to sell like crazy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#48]
So what is this thing? Is this not real? The thing they showed at the launch event feels like a troll job.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What I read is that it is 301 stainless that is 3mm thick 60 lbs per door. Not rated to stop bullets, but doesn't mean it won't stop 9mm.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-bulletproof-stainless-steel-body/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should just put a Ti-6-4 plate set inside the door, and it would have better ballistic protection and help cut weight.  1/4” will (Should) stop rifle rounds at lower velocities
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The memes this POS will generate are gonna be epic.
View Quote

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top