Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You've been hit by a Smooth Criminal

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lol

Are you feeling attacked? The stories your ex wife could tell with her ever present thousand yard stare. Seriously, calm down, your post sounds like that guy A-Aron from Texas bitching about the mailman walking by his daughter’s window to deliver the mail.

If it makes you feel better, you can still throw half used leaking oil bottles in the bed of the truck like your darling patron of virtue the 80’s pickup with a manual transmission and bench seat regular cab. I don’t know what you can do to replicate the rust holes the bed and body though.
View Quote
I do it to be funny, with a dash of harsh reality.

You can't see what .gov liberal at that, mandates have reduced the automotive industry to?

You've got fugly body styles, you've got anemic engines getting forced induction crammed into confined engine bays requiring cabs to be pulled, catastrophic failure of critical power train components, longevity both structural and mechanical similar to that of a dead corpse?

Feel? I don't feel. I think. Liberals feel. Anyone who leads with "I feel" that isn't describing a physical condition is emotionally compelled. I'm not.

I think if we keep catering to tards that can't drive, catering to tards citing Muh environment while whole heartedly and ironically support urban sprawl.
The costs of vehicles are going to sky rocket with no value to be had, no emphasis on personal responsibility that comes with owning and operating a vehicle. And we will be left with arbitrary costs with higher prices both in repairs and in purchase price. At the cost of longevity too.

Doubt it?
Ford exploder owners cunted and cried about ride quality.
Think Ford would have revised their suspension? Maybe change the spring rates add spring cups to maintain ride height just like how I'd get an 80s montecarlo/G body set up for racing on dirt ovals to pass tech inspection?
Pfft.
Deflate the tires boys. What possibly could go wrong there...

Viola. Susan soccer mom has a blow out and goes rubber side up in a high sprung vehicle.
Tire pressure monitoring becomes a mandate. An arbitrary cost to both R&D the MoCos, and you and me-the consumer.
Same with traction and stability control.
Same with adaptive cruise, self parallel parking, preemptive braking/collision avoidance.

Catering to the tards via equality through "safety" = Bad. Wrong.
Put the fucking phones down and drive. Learn how to drive first of all...
Biggest mistake they ever made was turn vehicles into 4k pound+ smart phones with wheels.

Slap a 50k dollar price tag on it with that low 72 84 monthly payment which if operated in the north east will be ready for the crusher in 5 years suffering catastrophic rust to key structural components.
And I'm the asshole? I'm not the one willing to reward degeneracy in the form of automotive industry catering to liberal limp wristed mandates, I'm not willing to reward soyboi engineering and bean counter cost cutting that fucks everyone involved, except Muh investorz and shareholders.

Yet I'm the asshole for telling ya'll to wake up demand better before were reduced to clown cars because non driving fucks and environmentalists
And nanny state loving lemmings.

I don't know about you, but if someone's giving me their hard earned money for a product I'm selling, bet your ass that fucker won't be in the shop as often it is on the road, bet your ass it doesn't cost 50k because I'd tell .gov to go fuck themselves they can subsidize the costs of R&D they can subsidize the warranty claims due to catastrophic failures brought forth by emissions control devices. Bet your ass my shit wouldn't look like it was pulled out of a swamp sitting there for 40 years after 5 years in a road salt state.
The Russians can crank out steel cased polymer coated cartridges that don't rust. Ford GM Toyota etc all of them really, look at Craigslist in NY MA CT. Look at 5-10 year old vehicles, fucking things are on their death beds. You want to reward that? You're willing to reward that? I'm not.
There's no value, no pride, no quality, all a demonstration of over engineered over priced hunks of complete and utter shit. I just demand better. I won't reward the fuckery. Nope. Not until significant changes are made.

Oh ex wife? Never married. Came close, someone couldn't cut the umbilical cord though. Bye Felicia.
Was her choice. Stay in an over taxed liberal shit hole state, or come with for tropical america. Her choice Texas or Florida couldn't make a decision so I made it for her. Not my problem.

So yeah. I'll take that C or K10 with a 4 speed. Bet it'll have less rust than a model year 2014-2010 anything in the northeast that once commanded and received 50 60K dollars. Plus interest.
Bet it also out lives 2014-2010 anything mechanically too. Enjoy those timing chains and camphasers failed lifters etc.
Enjoy that boomer appeasing no line pressure having clutch eating automatic constantly hunting for gears.
I won't be the one asshurt their 50k dollar .gov mandate pleasing over priced pile of shit cost me in down time repairs and arbitrarily to meet mandates and requirements via .gov feelz compelled bureaucrats deciding what we "need" because "safety" "emissions" "mpgs".

While you're ass deep in special service tools to perform a repair, at least with the C/K 10 I'll be able to sit on an inner fender and pluck a cylinder head off if need be and not mangle my arms in the process of a confined engine bay.
Basic hand tools and a timing light. Big deal. Unless I LS swap it for fun.

While you're on your 3rd failed slush box. I'll be 150k into the clutch I installed the day I pieced it together with plenty of life left in it.

Just saying man, demand better. We're going into 2020 and doing so with training wheels and pampers forced upon us because .gov knows best. And we're paying for it too. Why anyone would willingly choose to reward it is beyond me...
Then again. I used to fix fords fuck ups daily. Seeing small business owners lose what they worked so hard to build because a "built Ford tough" went full chernobyl and penny pinchers tried every conceivable way to weasel out of warrantying it. Combine that with not having forsight that this may be a blunder and a half keep parts ready and on stand by.
I have seen it where guys went tits up not because brodozer. Because they bought something marketed as the end all be all truck for truck stuff. A tool. Didn't even make it 20k miles and not because boomer maintenance or lack thereof I should say.

Legit cab is in the air, there's a repo truck outside with orders to take the truck the guy defaulted on because fords warranty goons found it inconceivable the epic level of failure in both engineering and execution via cost savings. 35 dollar per day econobox rental isn't gonna plow snow, tow a skid steer haul lumber haul pipe spools of wire chainsaws etc. Wasn't any short comings on my part. Didn't have high fixitright first time scores and dealerships begging me left and right to come work for them, with paychecks showing 40 hours in the building 60+ produced. Was all them and their fuckery changing the rules or making them up as they went along.
Take this for example. When a field service engineer was sent to a BRAND NEW 5 mile unit truck that skipped like a Kia tech in a pride parade, they blamed the dealership for not starting it for 2 weeks. Fucking thing came off the delivery truck like that. Brand new cab and chassis.
Ford says. If it sits for 2 weeks or more it will develop rust on either the tip of the pushrods or base of the rocker arms and cause valve train failure. Because the tolerances are so tight. Was that published in their owners manual? Hell no. Dealership ate that repair out of their pocket.
Then engine hours. Ford could wave their magic wand and request maintenance records. Okay. No problem.
Read the owners manual. There was nothing printed about engine hour service intervals. Mileage and "severe duty/conditions"

Nope. I wouldn't give those fuckers a dime. Fixed fords. Owned chevys. But I give credit where it's due. Ford builds a stout frame. Pretty stout steering and suspension. Their engines were trash. Until they came out with the 6.2 couldn't kill those fuckers.
Transmissions were hit and miss. Most transmission issues were from pussy footing boomers crawling up to speed.
Repeat failures? 2 is a coincidence. 60-70% of what rolled off the lot coming in with the same failure over and over again. That's embarrassing.

But. I made a killing off it.
Least I didn't have to be concerned with a failed HLA, Cam Follower, Cam phaser, timing set. Stupid shit like pitman arms, idler arms, inner and outer tie rods, front hubs. Shit you can do in your driveway. Only time a check engine light came on was for typical GM evap system faults. Again. Nothing complicated and overly time consuming. Nevermind oil and egr cooler failures, head gaskets, and everything else that came with fords diesels.

Ford fanbois didn't see it that way, that I was not only on their side, but demanding better by pointing out significant flaws. They got their feelz hurt when I pointed out their prized truck ain't what their daddy's or grand daddy's old Camper special was and is. You'd think they'd be happy they had someone point out significant short comings and retard designs and be told to stay away until they were revised? Pfft.

They went full on

Some didnt. Some listened and still drive those trucks to this day providing the frames and body's haven't rotted to shit.

Why anyone wants to continue complacency and be regulated/mandated to buy what bureaucrats approve of, short changed by cost cutting where it shouldn't be cut combined with over engineered modern art disasterpieces priced as high as they are and can't last long enough to justify the cost... pants on head retarded.

Demand better. I do. Don't see me advocating folks buy a 19+ silverado do you? Nope. Fugly fucking thing. With a 4 pot turbo to boot!

No my feelz aren't attacked. I'm just growing fed up with .gov over reach and over priced shit boxes. I choose not to reward or support it.
If you can't see that then, sorry your girl lost? Idk...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Elon is pulling the greatest troll job of 2019.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Elon is pulling the greatest troll job of 2019.
View Quote
It's what he does ...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Da fuck?

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You can't see what .gov liberal at that, mandates have reduced the automotive industry to?

You've got fugly body styles, you've got anemic engines getting forced induction crammed into confined engine bays requiring cabs to be pulled, catastrophic failure of critical power train components, longevity both structural and mechanical similar to that of a dead corpse?

Feel? I don't feel. I think. Liberals feel. Anyone who leads with "I feel" that isn't describing a physical condition is emotionally compelled. I'm not.

I think if we keep catering to tards that can't drive, catering to tards citing Muh environment while whole heartedly and ironically support urban sprawl.
The costs of vehicles are going to sky rocket with no value to be had, no emphasis on personal responsibility that comes with owning and operating a vehicle. And we will be left with arbitrary costs with higher prices both in repairs and in purchase price. At the cost of longevity too.

Doubt it?
Ford exploder owners cunted and cried about ride quality.
Think Ford would have revised their suspension? Maybe change the spring rates add spring cups to maintain ride height just like how I'd get an 80s montecarlo/G body set up for racing on dirt ovals to pass tech inspection?
Pfft.
Deflate the tires boys. What possibly could go wrong there...

Viola. Susan soccer mom has a blow out and goes rubber side up in a high sprung vehicle.
Tire pressure monitoring becomes a mandate. An arbitrary cost to both R&D the MoCos, and you and me-the consumer.
Same with traction and stability control.
Same with adaptive cruise, self parallel parking, preemptive braking/collision avoidance.

Catering to the tards via equality through "safety" = Bad. Wrong.
Put the fucking phones down and drive. Learn how to drive first of all...
Biggest mistake they ever made was turn vehicles into 4k pound+ smart phones with wheels.

Slap a 50k dollar price tag on it with that low 72 84 monthly payment which if operated in the north east will be ready for the crusher in 5 years suffering catastrophic rust to key structural components.
And I'm the asshole? I'm not the one willing to reward degeneracy in the form of automotive industry catering to liberal limp wristed mandates, I'm not willing to reward soyboi engineering and bean counter cost cutting that fucks everyone involved, except Muh investorz and shareholders.

Yet I'm the asshole for telling ya'll to wake up demand better before were reduced to clown cars because non driving fucks and environmentalists
And nanny state loving lemmings.

I don't know about you, but if someone's giving me their hard earned money for a product I'm selling, bet your ass that fucker won't be in the shop as often it is on the road, bet your ass it doesn't cost 50k because I'd tell .gov to go fuck themselves they can subsidize the costs of R&D they can subsidize the warranty claims due to catastrophic failures brought forth by emissions control devices. Bet your ass my shit wouldn't look like it was pulled out of a swamp sitting there for 40 years after 5 years in a road salt state.
The Russians can crank out steel cased polymer coated cartridges that don't rust. Ford GM Toyota etc all of them really, look at Craigslist in NY MA CT. Look at 5-10 year old vehicles, fucking things are on their death beds. You want to reward that? You're willing to reward that? I'm not.
There's no value, no pride, no quality, all a demonstration of over engineered over priced hunks of complete and utter shit. I just demand better. I won't reward the fuckery. Nope. Not until significant changes are made.

Oh ex wife? Never married. Came close, someone couldn't cut the umbilical cord though. Bye Felicia.
Was her choice. Stay in an over taxed liberal shit hole state, or come with for tropical america. Her choice Texas or Florida couldn't make a decision so I made it for her. Not my problem.

So yeah. I'll take that C or K10 with a 4 speed. Bet it'll have less rust than a model year 2014-2010 anything in the northeast that once commanded and received 50 60K dollars. Plus interest.
Bet it also out lives 2014-2010 anything mechanically too. Enjoy those timing chains and camphasers failed lifters etc.
Enjoy that boomer appeasing no line pressure having clutch eating automatic constantly hunting for gears.
I won't be the one asshurt their 50k dollar .gov mandate pleasing over priced pile of shit cost me in down time repairs and arbitrarily to meet mandates and requirements via .gov feelz compelled bureaucrats deciding what we "need" because "safety" "emissions" "mpgs".

While you're ass deep in special service tools to perform a repair, at least with the C/K 10 I'll be able to sit on an inner fender and pluck a cylinder head off if need be and not mangle my arms in the process of a confined engine bay.
Basic hand tools and a timing light. Big deal. Unless I LS swap it for fun.

While you're on your 3rd failed slush box. I'll be 150k into the clutch I installed the day I pieced it together with plenty of life left in it.

Just saying man, demand better. We're going into 2020 and doing so with training wheels and pampers forced upon us because .gov knows best. And we're paying for it too. Why anyone would willingly choose to reward it is beyond me...
Then again. I used to fix fords fuck ups daily. Seeing small business owners lose what they worked so hard to build because a "built Ford tough" went full chernobyl and penny pinchers tried every conceivable way to weasel out of warrantying it. Combine that with not having forsight that this may be a blunder and a half keep parts ready and on stand by.
I have seen it where guys went tits up not because brodozer. Because they bought something marketed as the end all be all truck for truck stuff. A tool. Didn't even make it 20k miles and not because boomer maintenance or lack thereof I should say.

Legit cab is in the air, there's a repo truck outside with orders to take the truck the guy defaulted on because fords warranty goons found it inconceivable the epic level of failure in both engineering and execution via cost savings. 35 dollar per day econobox rental isn't gonna plow snow, tow a skid steer haul lumber haul pipe spools of wire chainsaws etc. Wasn't any short comings on my part. Didn't have high fixitright first time scores and dealerships begging me left and right to come work for them, with paychecks showing 40 hours in the building 60+ produced. Was all them and their fuckery changing the rules or making them up as they went along.
Take this for example. When a field service engineer was sent to a BRAND NEW 5 mile unit truck that skipped like a Kia tech in a pride parade, they blamed the dealership for not starting it for 2 weeks. Fucking thing came off the delivery truck like that. Brand new cab and chassis.
Ford says. If it sits for 2 weeks or more it will develop rust on either the tip of the pushrods or base of the rocker arms and cause valve train failure. Because the tolerances are so tight. Was that published in their owners manual? Hell no. Dealership ate that repair out of their pocket.
Then engine hours. Ford could wave their magic wand and request maintenance records. Okay. No problem.
Read the owners manual. There was nothing printed about engine hour service intervals. Mileage and "severe duty/conditions"

Nope. I wouldn't give those fuckers a dime. Fixed fords. Owned chevys. But I give credit where it's due. Ford builds a stout frame. Pretty stout steering and suspension. Their engines were trash. Until they came out with the 6.2 couldn't kill those fuckers.
Transmissions were hit and miss. Most transmission issues were from pussy footing boomers crawling up to speed.
Repeat failures? 2 is a coincidence. 60-70% of what rolled off the lot coming in with the same failure over and over again. That's embarrassing.

But. I made a killing off it.
Least I didn't have to be concerned with a failed HLA, Cam Follower, Cam phaser, timing set. Stupid shit like pitman arms, idler arms, inner and outer tie rods, front hubs. Shit you can do in your driveway. Only time a check engine light came on was for typical GM evap system faults. Again. Nothing complicated and overly time consuming. Nevermind oil and egr cooler failures, head gaskets, and everything else that came with fords diesels.

Ford fanbois didn't see it that way, that I was not only on their side, but demanding better by pointing out significant flaws. They got their feelz hurt when I pointed out their prized truck ain't what their daddy's or grand daddy's old Camper special was and is. You'd think they'd be happy they had someone point out significant short comings and retard designs and be told to stay away until they were revised? Pfft.

They went full on
https://media.giphy.com/media/U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK/giphy.gif

Some didnt. Some listened and still drive those trucks to this day providing the frames and body's haven't rotted to shit.

Why anyone wants to continue complacency and be regulated/mandated to buy what bureaucrats approve of, short changed by cost cutting where it shouldn't be cut combined with over engineered modern art disasterpieces priced as high as they are and can't last long enough to justify the cost... pants on head retarded.

Demand better. I do. Don't see me advocating folks buy a 19+ silverado do you? Nope. Fugly fucking thing. With a 4 pot turbo to boot!

No my feelz aren't attacked. I'm just growing fed up with .gov over reach and over priced shit boxes. I choose not to reward or support it.
If you can't see that then, sorry your girl lost? Idk...
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
He’d be a hoot to have a a party
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus Christ man. Anyone else imagining strained neck veins? This was your tight five on humor?

Most don’t have the time, knowledge, tools, or care that much about maintaining a 40 year old vehicle for a daily driver. Few want to deal with wait a minutes and constantly fucking with a car to keep it roadworthy. Or dealing with an old shitty air conditioner while it wobbles down the road. Rowing thru gears is fun, unless you’re doing it daily in traffic on your march to your shitty job.

I know you’re stuck on the belief that car ownership is forever. This equates to rusted broke down shit in your driveway that you’ll some day fix. The rest have moved on and observed that a vehicle is a consumable resource with a finite lifespan. You use it for a few years until it’s getting to be more trouble than it is worth and make it someone else’s problem. Buy another and start anew depending on your resources.

Personally I want all the safety shit you can imagine on the average car. The average driver flat out sucks at driving. So if they need these crutches to be safer on the road, I’m happy to see it. You really want the average retard driving around without ABS? Just because YOU can drive well doesn’t mean these retards won’t kill Florida man - then where would we be?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, when they finally hit the road it will be similar to the donks, brodozers, and ricers. Whenever you see one, you can say with confidence. "There goes a dumbass"
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least the second part of the user name checks out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ man. Anyone else imagining strained neck veins? This was your tight five on humor?

Most don’t have the time, knowledge, tools, or care that much about maintaining a 40 year old vehicle for a daily driver. Few want to deal with wait a minutes and constantly fucking with a car to keep it roadworthy. Or dealing with an old shitty air conditioner while it wobbles down the road. Rowing thru gears is fun, unless you’re doing it daily in traffic on your march to your shitty job.

I know you’re stuck on the belief that car ownership is forever. This equates to rusted broke down shit in your driveway that you’ll some day fix. The rest have moved on and observed that a vehicle is a consumable resource with a finite lifespan. You use it for a few years until it’s getting to be more trouble than it is worth and make it someone else’s problem. Buy another and start anew depending on your resources.

Personally I want all the safety shit you can imagine on the average car. The average driver flat out sucks at driving. So if they need these crutches to be safer on the road, I’m happy to see it. You really want the average retard driving around without ABS? Just because YOU can drive well doesn’t mean these retards won’t kill Florida man - then where would we be?
View Quote
So, like the liberals logic with band aids good feelz, lacking the ability to actually address the root of a problem...
Continuity of complacency and excusing poor behaviors is the answer?
Gotcha.

Perhaps drivers would be able to drive if held accountable for their skills... Rather than a vehicle with thousands $ in redundant systems and sub systems and pre programmed parameters... then blame the manufacturer...
Same logic as banning firearms because mass murderous scumbags.

Focus on the inanimate object. Excuse the actions of an individual.

Funny what you describe fits new shit to the letter...
If I had a dollar for every legitimate no problem found customer complaint...

As far as rusted broken down shit in one's driveway... I live in Florida I've yet to see rust. Now NY on the other hand... I've seen 40 year old vehicles in far better shape compared to 5-10 year old... and here you are again defending over priced under valued obsolescence.
And you live in Arizona what the fuck would you know about rust dry arid states don't rot vehicles...

All those non driving retard assistance implements = more potential fuck ups.
Take parking aid sensors for example.
Let one of the wires corrode for a PAM sensor. Have the resistance of the circuit change ever so slightly.
What do you get?
The wife backing into the truck/garage etc because the beeper didn't beep. Too difficult to look over ones shoulder, look in a rear view mirror hell even the camera screen if so equipped?

Seen that one numerous times. All it takes is a little good ol north east corrosion and viola sensor doesn't "see" that object.

Or the boomers that bitched about adaptive cruise inoperable in a snow storm... well.. duh... fucking snow covered the sensors. It's blind.

Buy another and start anew.
Let's examine that for a moment.

F150 extended cabs are going for mid 40s. Shit boxes with cloth no frills.

10 years ago that similarly equipped FX4 was low-mid 30s.
Why so much more?
Recycled beer can bodies.
87 air bags.
List goes on all in pursuits of meeting federal regulations.

In 10 years, that same truck continuing the trend will command 50s.
You don't see a problem with that?

Rust like you'd know what rust is, rust kills those affordable options. Keeps the tards to keep buying kinda genius kinda evil. But it is what it is.
That's okay I'm getting rust free shit boxes, getting them up to MA CT and NY standards mechanically to pass their states inspections. Scoop em cheap. Ship em up to a few associates in said states. Profit. Because if I have a total of 3k into something, has good tires, a tight front end, good brakes, all the lights work... folks up there are paying 5 6 7 8 for roached out shit boxes that might last a year or two before it's done for.

And you'd reward those shit bags? Rather than demand better? That's how you enable commies. Arbitrarily raise costs of living, and yeah I think a vehicle can be factored into ones cost of living as a vehicle is a necessity to bring your ass to work...

Raise the costs. Lower the value. Along comes a commie promising free shit. And viola. Commies become relevant. Particularly to the indoctrinated.

Straining veins in my neck? not at all. Project much?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Haha
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I bring fireworks. Beer. LOLs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Arizona is all desert and cactus right? Some people have lived in more than one state. Plus midwest and back East cars try to get unloaded out this way.

So do we agree that stupid behavior isn’t going to be held accountable for? That is kind of the theme for the past couple decades. So here we are. Would you rather the retard with some safety measures controlling their three ton vehicle, or without? No walls of text, please.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I should get one and drive around with a badly tuned deisel generator in the bed rolling coal
View Quote
A Detroit 2-71 from a railcar.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Arizona is all desert and cactus right? Some people have lived in more than one state. Plus midwest and back East cars try to get unloaded out this way.

So do we agree that stupid behavior isn’t going to be held accountable for? That is kind of the theme for the past couple decades. So here we are. Would you rather the retard with some safety measures controlling their three ton vehicle, or without? No walls of text, please.
View Quote
Change the theme and battle the mental midgets and stop asking for more .gov
I'm a fan of removing warning labels and allowing Darwin do his thing...

Or continue to piss in the gene pool and have nothing but gibmedat lemmings. Reliant and dependent on an adult in the room. Be it .gov or training wheels and pampers...

As for would I rather the retard some safety measures controlling their three ton vehicle or without. I'm going with, without.
Fuckers would learn quick not to fuck around texting and driving now wouldn't they? Replace slush box automatics with manual transmissions and see some Zoomers or millennials try to take a selfie or update Facebook or text when they have to grab a gear. Let alone take off on a hill. I doubt they'd be able to text and drive snatchchat and Facebook or as one boomer simply put it "Do Phone".

You mentioned Midwest cars being dumped in your neck of the woods. Perhaps shit wouldn't be cancer if costs weren't cut to source cheap regurgitated steel for frames and bodies again, that would kill planned obsolescence.

Come to the dark side. Throw complacency and a false sense of security to the wayside.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I couldn't do half of what I expect out of a pickup in that monstrosity. Ugly as sin,  and why AWD vs 4x4?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Is all I got.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]
cheezy 1908's Tom Petty video had a better designed future vehicle

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a cheesy 70s or 80s scifi prop vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the headlights confuse me...
View Quote
The HEADLIGHTS? Just the HEADLIGHTS? How about the design, the thought process, the execution, the rollout....
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Musk opened his presentation by making fun of the form factor of pickup trucks, when the reality is, that form factor has evolved into what it is for many real world reasons.

Truck owners like accessing their beds from all sides, they like having good visibility, and they like having spacious and versatile cab space. The Cybertruck fails all of those.

The useless high angled wall blocks bed access from anywhere but the back. The A-pillar is a blind spot disaster waiting to happen, and there's zero rear visibility. The slope of the roof cutting off the cab above the back seat all but guarantees that space won't comfortably seat adults and it limits the height of cargo that can be carried back there. And that's just what we know based on Musk's bungled presentation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone - "why do all the cars look the same now, I wish someone would make something unique"

Tesla - "here you go"

Everyone - "oh god why doesn't it look like everything else on the road"
It's not just different. This thing drove through the overton window with it's cock hanging out. It is not a serious design. Can't be. If it is, they need to confiscate all the fucking drugs in that company and shareholders need to bail RFN. The incompetence of a company to actually release this thing is beyond the imagination.
Musk opened his presentation by making fun of the form factor of pickup trucks, when the reality is, that form factor has evolved into what it is for many real world reasons.

Truck owners like accessing their beds from all sides, they like having good visibility, and they like having spacious and versatile cab space. The Cybertruck fails all of those.

The useless high angled wall blocks bed access from anywhere but the back. The A-pillar is a blind spot disaster waiting to happen, and there's zero rear visibility. The slope of the roof cutting off the cab above the back seat all but guarantees that space won't comfortably seat adults and it limits the height of cargo that can be carried back there. And that's just what we know based on Musk's bungled presentation.
Lol no 4x4 half ton and  above truck currently made has a bed accessible from all sides unless you are 8’2”.  That shipped sailed a long time ago.  Early reports are that it has a ton of interior room.  Remember there isn’t an engine and firewall taking up space and supposedly the whole exoskeleton deal gets you a couple inches on each side.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#30]
video in link
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Tesla Cybertruck (CYBRTRK) First Ride from Los Angeles 11/21/19
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol no 4x4 half ton and  above truck currently made has a bed accessible from all sides unless you are 8’2”.  That shipped sailed a long time ago.  Early reports are that it has a ton of interior room.  Remember there isn’t an engine and firewall taking up space and supposedly the whole exoskeleton deal gets you a couple inches on each side.
View Quote
My Titan has a shit ton of interior space, a very useable bed, and 4x4 capabilities. I'd love to see that thing keep up hunting or going camping in the mountains where we go
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My Titan has a shit ton of interior space, a very useable bed, and 4x4 capabilities. I'd love to see that thing keep up hunting or going camping in the mountains where we go
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to see your Titan keep up on Mars where we go. Is there even a Nissan Titan pressurized edition?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Some of ya'll need to switch to decaf.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd like to see your Titan keep up on Mars where we go. Is there even a Nissan Titan pressurized edition?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it is named after one of Saturn's moons...
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I really like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone - "why do all the cars look the same now, I wish someone would make something unique"

Tesla - "here you go"

Everyone - "oh god why doesn't it look like everything else on the road"
It's not just different. This thing drove through the overton window with it's cock hanging out. It is not a serious design. Can't be. If it is, they need to confiscate all the fucking drugs in that company and shareholders need to bail RFN. The incompetence of a company to actually release this thing is beyond the imagination.

I can reach over the side of my F-150, and I'm 6'0". *shrug*

The cab isn't tall enough at the C-pillar for interior room to not be at least questionable.

"Exoskeleton" is marketing bullshit for "unibody."
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The cab isn't tall enough at the C-pillar for interior room to not be at least questionable.

View Quote
Same. 6'-0 with a z71 with 33" tall tires. I can reach into the bed and if it's on the exact opposite side I walk around or stand on the tire with one step.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thought the same thing until i saw a video posted by schmee150

Check Out the TESLA CYBERTRUCK! | FIRST LOOK & RIDE

Head room seems good in both the front and rear
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#42]
There’s a matt black version on the Twitter feed (Musk) that makes it look bad ass.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We were discussing the feasibility of an electric fire truck since puts stay plugged in most of the time. We have spent close to 100 K in truck repairs recently for just engines
View Quote
Don't see storing enough juice to power everything at a multi hour scene.

Maybe electric for driving and an engine for running the pump and ladder gear?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#45]
King Ranch Edition
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Old enough to remember when polygons were cool....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Elon, Make me this in a 2 door with extended bed, for $40K and I'm in all the ding dong day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Chuckles in SEC...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top