Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/20/2018 9:24:15 AM EDT
Never mind, its the weekend, it always shuts down on the weekend.  However, what would be glorious, is to have these fuck sticks come back in the future, only to find, that while they were taking their paid vacation, Trump did some down sizing.

Oh, I'm sorry we've cut the EPA by 90% and you're not part of the 10%.

"You worked for the department of education?  Yeah, well we shit canned that department, I'm sure you will be able to find something in the private sector for about half the pay and BTW you will have to be on Obamacare... sucker."

"Department of energy? Yup its gone too but I hear they're looking for truck drivers in North Dakota, ya got any experience driving big rigs?  Yeah yeah I know the DOT has more regulations than a bird has feathers, don't worry we slashed the shit out of that agency too, you won't have any problems now, just don't let any of those riggers know where you came from.  One last thing, you better learn how to drink Budweiser."

"Mr. Rodriguez, I see you worked for the BLM...bummer, we gave control of that land back to the states.  That's the good news, the bad news is we did some checking on you and it looks like you have a false SS and you are actually here illegally.  Sorry, you're going back.  We've taken the liberty of packing your belongings, they're on that bus, it leaves in 10 minutes, be on it."

It would be glorious.  Let's have some fun, add your fantasy scenario.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m thrilled . Hopefully it permanently shuts down . Let it all burn .
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how many government employees could actually survive in the private sector?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how many government employees could actually survive in the private sector?
View Quote
I think you know the answer to that question..very few
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]

OMG. How. Will wE gEt aLong with out. TheM.

Will anyone even notice?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]
DACA more important than America?
I  hope it stays shut down over this.  It will bite them in the butt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
and life goes on!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
#schummershutdown

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Never mind, its the weekend, it always shuts down on the weekend.
View Quote
Not true, at least for me.  My drill was cancelled this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Does this mean I still need to feed the dogs?  Can I still read the paper?  Are all the roads closed?  Will my car start?

I’m scared.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Need to repeat this whenever possible.

Park closed?  Dang that schumer shutdown sucks doesn't it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Ms. Clinton, I was one of the FBI agents who was unaffected by the government shutdown. I couldn't do any of my normal work because so many of my fellow agents were suspended, so I did some "free-lance" investigating.
You are under arrest.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#14]
It's Saturday... it was already closed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#15]
What memo?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#17]
The EPA is shut down?

Quick tell Cummins to start production on new Tier NONE diesels
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife is a 6 digit .gov employee.  I told her to give Uber a try.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#19]
The Military should tell Schumer If I'm not getting paid well "Fuck You" IM going home, call me when you make up your mind what your going to do with those 800.000 Illegals your so fucking worried about.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I am just glad the liquor store is state owned at this time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does this mean I still need to feed the dogs?  Can I still read the paper?  Are all the roads closed?  Will my car start?

I’m scared.
View Quote
Three 747's and a cessna have crashed in my backyard already, and there are so many starving children corpses on the street, I'm not sure I can get to the store for beer. I am hungry, but I'm not sure if the food is safe and no one at the FDA is answering the phone. Shit's getting real, yo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope Chuck Schumer does not get paid and loses his job
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am just glad the liquor store is state owned at this time.
View Quote
I'm even happier that ours are privately owned.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Since the government is shut down what stops trump from releasing the SON Report.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#25]
If the government has shut down and is not doing anything for us, we should not have to pay taxes during the shutdown.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Fucking garbage.

I go to work don't get paid for an indefinite period of time, my leave next week is canceled, travel plans that I paid for...nah all canceled because of these fucks who cannot support our country over a resolution that has nothing to do with the budget.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh hell yah. this needs to be posted everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Considering this is what happens when it snows a little and nothing has ever happened due to a government shutdown, I have come to believe snow is more scary than a government shutdown.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Three 747's and a cessna have crashed in my backyard already, and there are so many starving children corpses on the street, I'm not sure I can get to the store for beer. I am hungry, but I'm not sure if the food is safe and no one at the FDA is answering the phone. Shit's getting real, yo.
View Quote
FAA air traffic controllers (and quite a few other personnel) are essential and are still at work.  If they were at home air travel would stop.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Does this mean i can build an NFA weapon with documentation of it being built during a time of government shutdown, since the real issue of unregistered NFA is a tax evasion issue, if theres no government to pay taxes to at the time it was built, you're not evading them, you physically couldnt pay your taxes at time of building it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I survived and thrived in IT in the private sector for 23 years before going civil service.

Why did I go to work for the Government?  After Obama's recession/depression, coupled with sequestration, the IT job market in this area was decimated.  IT companies moved, heavily downsized or closed their doors.  The ones that survived all cut salaries and told people "Be thankful you have a job."  I took a 15% pay cut in 2013 just to keep my job.

My job was coming to an end and I was not able to move for several reasons.  I could have either gone to work for the government and kept most of my salary, or I could have stayed in the private sector and taken a nearly 50% pay cut when I got a new job.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#33]
All these shutdown threads have me laughing

Meanwhile the gov employees will be back to work soon and laughing at everyone when they're retiring before 50 with full pension
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

FAA air traffic controllers (and quite a few other personnel) are essential and are still at work.  If they were at home air travel would stop.
View Quote
Yep. We still go to work as normal, and we don't get paid until the shutdown is over.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I survived and thrived in IT in the private sector for 23 years before going civil service.

Why did I go to work for the Government?  After Obama's recession/depression, coupled with sequestration, the IT job market in this area was decimated.  IT companies moved, heavily downsized or closed their doors.  The ones that survived all cut salaries and told people "Be thankful you have a job."  I took a 15% pay cut in 2013 just to keep my job.

My job was coming to an end and I was not able to move for several reasons.  I could have either gone to work for the government and kept most of my salary, or I could have stayed in the private sector and taken a nearly 50% pay cut when I got a new job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just turned down a private sector job.  I'm kind of regretting it.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#36]
When I got out of bed this morning, I noticed the Sun seemed a little brighter, the grass a little greener and the air a bit fresher.  Now, I know why.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Meanwhile the gov employees will be back to work soon and laughing at everyone when they're retiring before 50 with full pension
View Quote
FERS employees retiring before 50 with a full pension?  How does that work?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It would be glorious.  Let's have some fun, add your fantasy scenario.
View Quote
No it wouldn't.
There's a difference between running efficiently and gutting, which you're apparently in favor of.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#39]
There are a few fundamental problems with your thesis, but you are entitled to your opinions, even if they aren't financially practicable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You speak of what you do not know.

Decent government pensions went out the window when FERS took over on January 1, 1987.  Even before that date, it was never a full pension.

I just turned down a private sector job. I'm kind of regretting it.
To be honest, I don't regret going civil service.  I work hard, get my job done and keep the bosses happy.  I've actually had more opportunities for training and growth than I ever did in the private sector.

I'm livid at the democrats for hurting my family and I over a bunch of illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh no.......hep me, hep me.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

FERS employees retiring before 50 with a full pension?  How does that work?
View Quote
You could do it in my agency but you would need to start before 25 or have millitary time.  Otherwise minimum age is 53 and you get forced out at 57.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#43]
I’m only pissed because now I am waiting on my certified copy of my tax stamp for my suppressor that was approved in October but the damn usps lost it. So now it will be even longer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Steal it and plaster it all over social media.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
We have a President who wouldnt be afraid to let people see just how good a gov shutdown really is. Left plays games and the God Emperor fucks em every time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
If their last name is Trump they would do fine.
Everyone else is like a box of beer hall pull tabs ....10 out of 1000 are winners.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fucking garbage.

I go to work don't get paid for an indefinite period of time, my leave next week is canceled, travel plans that I paid for...nah all canceled because of these fucks who cannot support our country over a resolution that has nothing to do with the budget.
View Quote
You picked a shitty employer.  It happens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
And you're now making more money than you ever did in the private sector?  You all still use the
term civil service?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Make Government Shut-Down Great Again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top