Page / 393
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks.

It's not like those teams were stacked with talent or anything, lol. /sarcasm
View Quote
That goes to show you just how hard it is to win in the NFL, even surrounded by talent. Even bad teams can win on any given Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In light of all the Dak and Cousins bad records against winning teams stats from the last couple weeks.

Current NFL quarterbacks ("with enough starts to qualify") with a winning record against winning teams:
Tom Brady: 70-40
Ben R: 51-39
Russell Wilson: 26-21

End list.

Every other quarterback has a losing record against winning teams.

No question. But the stat does make one stop and think of all the negative press players like Dak and Kirk have been receiving the last couple weeks for being players who can't beat winning teams. Even Aaron Rodgers is only around .400 against winning teams.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hill has been limited in practice this week. I think Watkins also. I think the consensus is we won't really know if they're gonna play until at least friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is KC getting any of their WR's back?
Hill has been limited in practice this week. I think Watkins also. I think the consensus is we won't really know if they're gonna play until at least friday.
Watkins actually DNP so far this week.  With Hill it's just a matter of being cleared for contact in time I think.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Watkins actually DNP so far this week.  With Hill it's just a matter of being cleared for contact in time I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is KC getting any of their WR's back?
Yup. Watkins is looking like he’s out and Hill is a giant question mark.

Cam Erving has been exposed as an awful LT, and I don’t know what to expect from a LG signed off the street 2 days ago, but he can’t be too great.

If Hill isn’t clear, I don’t think the odds are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No question. But the stat does make one stop and think of all the negative press players like Dak and Kirk have been receiving the last couple weeks for being players who can't beat winning teams. Even Aaron Rodgers is only around .400 against winning teams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In light of all the Dak and Cousins bad records against winning teams stats from the last couple weeks.

Current NFL quarterbacks ("with enough starts to qualify") with a winning record against winning teams:
Tom Brady: 70-40
Ben R: 51-39
Russell Wilson: 26-21

End list.

Every other quarterback has a losing record against winning teams.

Absolutely. Like huntsman said though, it's also a testament to the parity of talent in the NFL. Any given Sunday is a reality.

Although, this is another example of team stats being applied to individuals. We all know GB has struggled to put talent around Rodgers, and as a fan I'm painfully aware of how frequently the team has failed to put themselves in a position to succeed versus Rodgers ability to overcome. A perfect example is that NFC championship game to the Seahawks, attributing that loss to Rodgers is foolish. The playcalling at the end of the game was atrocious, the defense pulled their pants down to their ankles, turned around, bent over, and told Wilson to do whatever he wanted, and despite that the game could still have been won if it wasn't for one of the most boneheaded recoveries of a onside kick I've ever seen.

IMO, it isn't so much about Dak or Kirk being statistically unable to beat winning teams, but in how much responsibility they hold for why. Dak threw like 3 picks against GB last week. It's hard to ask your team to overcome that, AND THEY ALMOST DID. The flip side is that Dak had a lot of responsibility as to why they almost were successful in that comeback, so I personally wouldn't count that one against him too much. As a GB fan I grew up watching Favre throw pick after pick but also do everything physically possible to win games, so I understand how it can be difficult, lol. I think the stats about the Cowboys record when Zeke gets less than 75 yards in a game is far more telling than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Absolutely. Like huntsman said though, it's also a testament to the parity of talent in the NFL. Any given Sunday is a reality.

Although, this is another example of team stats being applied to individuals. We all know GB has struggled to put talent around Rodgers, and as a fan I'm painfully aware of how frequently the team has failed to put themselves in a position to succeed versus Rodgers ability to overcome. A perfect example is that NFC championship game to the Seahawks, attributing that loss to Rodgers is foolish. The playcalling at the end of the game was atrocious, the defense pulled their pants down to their ankles, turned around, bent over, and told Wilson to do whatever he wanted, and despite that the game could still have been won if it wasn't for one of the most boneheaded recoveries of a onside kick I've ever seen.

IMO, it isn't so much about Dak or Kirk being statistically unable to beat winning teams, but in how much responsibility they hold for why. Dak threw like 3 picks against GB last week. It's hard to ask your team to overcome that, AND THEY ALMOST DID. The flip side is that Dak had a lot of responsibility as to why they almost were successful in that comeback, so I personally wouldn't count that one against him too much. As a GB fan I grew up watching Favre throw pick after pick but also do everything physically possible to win games, so I understand how it can be difficult, lol. I think the stats about the Cowboys record when Zeke gets less than 75 yards in a game is far more telling than anything else.
View Quote
Absolutely.

It's always the bigger picture and one stat never tells all.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
at this point they should just focus on a higher draft pick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hits just keep coming for my Steelers.

Steeler WR Washington will be out for awhile with a injured shoulder.
No first rounder in the next draft after trading for Minka.
Could have gone for top qb,d-line,lb or a top corner.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
texans D can play at a high level, and the colts showed if you keep the ball away from Mahommes and the offense, then you can beat them.
View Quote
People said the same things about Dan Marino and the Dolphins 35 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Jags ownership says Ramsey will play this week, Ramsey says he is "going to listen to his body agent, publicist, and financial planner."
View Quote
FIXT

Link Posted: 10/10/2019 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hits just keep coming for my Steelers.

Steeler WR Washington will be out for awhile with a injured shoulder.
Oh shit that’s right. Yeah I’m gonna say I was wrong trying to defend that trade lol.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, when's the last time Brady either fumbled or threw a pick, and it got returned for a TD?
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow, when's the last time Brady either fumbled or threw a pick, and it got returned for a TD?
View Quote
About 2 min ago, lol.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#13]
That tied up in a hurry
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

About 2 min ago, lol.
View Quote
Ooo, cold. #TooSoon
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Well gronk is no tony romo in the analysis dept

He looks like a twig now
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#16]
When's Eli coming in?
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Danny dimes throwing passes to the wrong team
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When's Eli coming in?
View Quote
I am a pats fan but if the giants want even a remote chance to win this game Eli gives them the best shot

Danny dimes ain’t nfl ready
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]
DONG!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
DONG!!!
View Quote
He’ll be with his 9th team shortly
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Knowing they are going to go for it on 4th down some of these play calls the Patriots have made on 3rd down are somewhat head scratching.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Knowing they are going to go for it on 4th down some of these play calls the Patriots have made on 3rd down are somewhat head scratching.
View Quote
Agreed  
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a TD to me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m pretty sure the only qualifications the giants looked for in a successor qb was to have the same facial expressions and same confused look as Eli

Giants: we need a qb

Scouts: what do we look for?

Giants: RBF
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was basically telling that at the TV fir a while earlier
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#27]
It cracks me up how Brady takes a knee basically on top of his center because he wants to lose as few rush yards as possible.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Some recent sports news:

The Astros beat the Rays in game 5 setting up an Astros/Yankees ALCS.

The Patriots blowout the Giants.

The welterweight world champion was in a single car traffic accident in which he crossed a median into oncoming traffic, flipped his Ferrari over several times, was thrown from the car, and is now in intensive care.

And this is ESPN's top headline:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It cracks me up how Brady takes a knee basically on top of his center because he wants to lose as few rush yards as possible.
View Quote
I though I remember someone saying they had researched it and with the number of victory formation kneel downs in Brady’s career it wasn’t an insignificant amount of lost yardage
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some recent sports news:

The welterweight world champion was in a single car traffic accident in which he crossed a median into oncoming traffic, flipped his Ferrari over several times, was thrown from the car, and is now in intensive care.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/66BDE817-6570-4694-A260-3A2815936A6A_jpeg-1120048.JPG
View Quote
Well, Kaps social justice crusade is most important.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:15:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Through 6 games played, the NE DST has gotten me 127 points in fantasy.

That's not how that's supposed to work...
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I though I remember someone saying they had researched it and with the number of victory formation kneel downs in Brady’s career it wasn’t an insignificant amount of lost yardage
View Quote
Doesn’t he have over 1000 rushing yard from Qb sneaks?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:22:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Now playing WR for the Patriots, Gunner Olszewski

Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGkb3DOWsAETPQh?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
He looks like a high school football player.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it.  IIRC, he not long ago passed 1000 total rushing yards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most folk'll never lose a toe, but then again, some folk'll.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 2:28:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
wow that's real, isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:08:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Patriots have to be the whitest team in the NFL.  I dunno if that is actually some kind of official thing you can look up, but they have to be. Especially at the WR position.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Patriots have to be the whitest team in the NFL.  I dunno if that is actually some kind of official thing you can look up, but they have to be. Especially at the WR position.
View Quote
At wide receiver, Edelman and Gunner are white. Meyers, Harry, Gordon, and Dorsett are black.

At running back you have 4 black guys and one white guy. The fullback position has one of each.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I doubt it.  IIRC, he not long ago passed 1000 total rushing yards.
View Quote
From my quick search, it doesn't label it as QB sneaks, so I did a search of both 1, 2 and 3 yard rushes which would give us closest to our actual number.

Tom Brady has:
56 rushes for 1 yard
92 rushes for 2 yards
66 rushes for 3 yards

Those 3 combined don't even reach 500 yards.
He has 33 runs of 10 yards or more. His career long is 22 yards.
His most famous run (juking Brian Urlacher) was good for 13 yards.
He also has lost aprox 200 yards due to kneel downs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

From my quick search, it doesn't label it as QB sneaks, so I did a search of both 1, 2 and 3 yard rushes which would give us closest to our actual number.

Tom Brady has:
56 rushes for 1 yard
92 rushes for 2 yards
66 rushes for 3 yards

View Quote
As of last night he has 1006 total rushing yards and 22 rushing tds.

His career NFL stats
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Thursday Night breakdown:

Tom Brady tied Jerry Rice, to the exact day, as the oldest player to score a TD. Both were 42 years and 78 days. Of course Tom is now the oldest player to have multiple TDs in a game.

Tom Brady tied Steve Young for the record with three 300 passing yard, 2 rushing TD games. Steve Young averaged 5.9 yards per rush (3rd most in NFL history), Tom Brady averages 1.7 yards (ranks last).

Tom now has more rushing TDs than the Miami Dolphins have total TDs on the season. He also has more rushing TDs than: Marlon Mack, Frank Fore, James Conner, LeSean McCoy, Leonard Fournette, Chris Carson, Alvine Kamara, David Johnson and Adrian Peterson.

Josh McDaniels on Tom Brady's goal-line sneaks, "It's not as easy as it looks ... there's an inherent courage" to throwing yourself at 300-pound men.

The Patriots defense now has 14 INTs. The next closest teams are Green Bay and San Fran with 7 each.

The Patriots defense allowed their first passing TD of the season.
They have surrendered 1 passing TD, 14 interceptions, a 53.3 comp% and a passer rating of 39.5 so far this season.

Patriots defensive/special teams touchdowns this season: 5
Jets and Dolphins offensive touchdowns this season (combined): 4

Brady passes Peyton Manning for 2nd place in regular season career passing yards. Trailing Drew Brees by 2.5k yards. (Is 1st including post season by 4k yards)

Daniel Jones has the same amount of INTs in this game (3) as Eli Manning has in 5 career games vs Patriots (incl. playoffs).

Eli Manning took pressure on 20.7% of his dropbacks this year, which is lowest among qualifying QBs (>50 dropbacks). Daniel Jones has been pressured on 45.7% of his dropbacks, which is second-highest among qualifying QBs.

Bill complimented Josh McDaniels on his job in the second half, said they were limited to just a single personnel grouping in the second half due to injuries.

With the win, the Patriots have moved into a tie for the 4th longest home winning streak with the 97-99 Broncos at 19 straight games. The 02-05 Patriots are in 3rd with 21 wins.

Stephon Gilmore came into the game with 3 passes defended and 1 INT. He was targeted 6 times resulting in 4 passes defended and 1 INT.

Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bemidji State baby!!

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some recent sports news:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/66BDE817-6570-4694-A260-3A2815936A6A_jpeg-1120048.JPG
View Quote
The only team I could see considering Kap as a backup would be Baltimore.  I don't think there are any other running QB teams right now.  No passing team is going to want a QB who can't run the offense.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Vegas has the 49ers as a pick 'em against the Rams on a neutral field with the 9ers even possibly being a very small favorite. Who saw that coming 6 weeks ago?
View Quote
Both starting tackles are out along with their FB. D will need to keep them in this one because I'm not completely sold on Garropolo.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The only team I could see considering Kap as a backup would be Baltimore.  I don't think there are any other running QB teams right now.  No passing team is going to want a QB who can't run the offense.
View Quote
IIRC Baltimore was the last team interested in him until his GF ruined it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC, this is the same one that caused him to go all militant in the first place.  Guy was on a contending team and in line to make major bank.  He starts dating her, she gets him to change, and it's been all downhill from there.

I'm no Kap fan, but it's not uncommon. Something similar happened to Bill Burr, sadly.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

His career NFL stats
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tom Brady has:
56 rushes for 1 yard
92 rushes for 2 yards
66 rushes for 3 yards

His career NFL stats
I wouldn't be shocked if at the end of his career he refuses to take a knee himself if he is hovering around 1,000.  It seems to mean a lot to him.  With all he has accomplished I'm not quite sure why though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Carolina, Brown's, Seattle all have a run and gun style offense. Possibly out of necessity rather than need though. So do the Texans due to D. Watson running for his life most of the time. I'm sure at least one of those teams could use a run and or gun style QB as a backup.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Carolina, Brown's, Seattle all have a run and gun style offense. Possibly out of necessity rather than need. So do the Texans due to D. Watson running for his life most of the time. I'm sure at least one of those teams could use a run and or gun style QB as a backup.
View Quote
Problem is Kap is more of a runner than a gunner.  That's what doomed him in SF.  Defenses figured him out.
Page / 393
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top