Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All the bitching about this is making me want to root for the Chiefs and see her on screen more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Be sure to keep that same energy come November.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Immediately after TDs, MOST NFL fans would rather see the reactions of the players and coaches instead of Taylor Swift’s reaction.  MOST.  If that doesn’t include you, that’s fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s the total amount of time so much as it is WHEN they show her.  If they showed her after a 3 yard rush on 1st and 10 I doubt as many people would care as they do when they immediately show her after TDs.  That is “premium screen time” and most NFL fans want to see the reactions of the people actually playing and coaching the game.

How dare they show us the most famous person in the world celebrating and having fun instead of an extreme close up of the last player to turn the ball over.

Or Jerry Jones's back.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Jerry_jones.gif

lol

Immediately after TDs, MOST NFL fans would rather see the reactions of the players and coaches instead of Taylor Swift’s reaction.  MOST.  If that doesn’t include you, that’s fine.

I think it depends on the quality of the content.

The broadcast crews have cameras everywhere, and they see damn near everything that happens in the stadium.

If this is an option...

Then by all means, the broadcast crew should bring us that content. That's good stuff.

But if the sidelines are B-roll quality shots of dudes standing around, and one of your cameras has Donna Kelce and Taylor Swift celebrating in a VIP suite, that's not really a hard choice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star and Nate Burleson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But really. Who are the SB commentators?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a former NFL player be an “analyst” and more frequently bring up that he use to play in the NFL than Nate Burleson.  Hell, I saw a clip of a non-NFL show where he brought it up while the topic was a legal case that had nothing to do with sports.

To make it even funnier, he had a very unremarkable playing career.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The broadcast crews have cameras everywhere, and they see damn near everything that happens in the stadium.

If this is an option...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l1J9sNmwisd59FmA8/giphy.gif

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/OG_ESnB52rgpJsU-tyYVqEk9mBY=/0x0:500x300/500x262/filters:focal(250x150:251x151):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/24033742/tom_brady_gif_tablet.gif

https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/phillip-rivers-worst-day-ever.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/BYyIJEDVMF1ckf3iRV/giphy.gif?cid=790b761143b2fa2cf08b9b6a0a1b659a78245e05bc31426b&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

https://media3.giphy.com/media/2JBmA1Hdu39D2/giphy.gif

Then by all means, the broadcast crew should bring us that content. That's good stuff.

But if the sidelines are B-roll quality shots of dudes standing around, and one of your cameras has Donna Kelce and Taylor Swift celebrating in a VIP suite, that's not really a hard choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s the total amount of time so much as it is WHEN they show her.  If they showed her after a 3 yard rush on 1st and 10 I doubt as many people would care as they do when they immediately show her after TDs.  That is “premium screen time” and most NFL fans want to see the reactions of the people actually playing and coaching the game.

How dare they show us the most famous person in the world celebrating and having fun instead of an extreme close up of the last player to turn the ball over.

Or Jerry Jones's back.

lol

If this is an option...

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/OG_ESnB52rgpJsU-tyYVqEk9mBY=/0x0:500x300/500x262/filters:focal(250x150:251x151):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/24033742/tom_brady_gif_tablet.gif

https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/phillip-rivers-worst-day-ever.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/BYyIJEDVMF1ckf3iRV/giphy.gif?cid=790b761143b2fa2cf08b9b6a0a1b659a78245e05bc31426b&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

It’s not as complicated as even that.  MOST NFL fans would rather see the player that scored the TD celebrating on the field with his teammates rather than see Taylor Swift celebrating in her suite.  Again: “MOST NFL fans.”
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a former NFL player be an “analyst” and more frequently bring up that he use to play in the NFL than Nate Burleson.  Hell, I saw a clip of a non-NFL show where he brought it up while the topic was a legal case that had nothing to do with sports.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, beat me to it.

Nate "I Played in the NFL" Burleson
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw announcers for the SB

Announcers: Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Tony Romo (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (sideline reporter), Evan Washburn (sideline reporter), Gene Steratore (rules expert)
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Damn, beat me to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, beat me to it.

Some career backup desperate for attention so he brags to nobodies in a bar that he use to play in the NFL, I get.  But this guy is on shows with former NFL players they have won Super Bowls and/or are in the Hall of Fame and he’s frequently bringing up that he simply played in the NFL.  It’s weird.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No. Watch this one:
Quoted:
Nickelodeon Super Bowl. Woo.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Patrick Mahomes era officially began 6 years ago today.

Time flies.
View Quote

One of the last times I had hope for football!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Watch this one:
Quoted:
Nickelodeon Super Bowl. Woo.

https://static-prod.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/nickelodeon-slime-cbs.jpeg

Replace Nate “I played in the NFL” Burleson with the Ryan brothers, give them free rein to say whatever they want, and force them to take a shot every time Taylor Swift is shown.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time flies.

This is your face on Snyder-ball:

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time flies.

Cheer up. Things could be looking up for the Redskins.

They have the #2 overall pick and the #1 overall pick is almost certainly going to be a player in which I haven’t had a stronger sense of bust-probability since JaMarcus Russell.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's not as complicated as even that.  MOST NFL fans would rather see the player that scored the TD celebrating on the field with his teammates rather than see Taylor Swift celebrating in her suite.  Again: "MOST NFL fans."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it's the total amount of time so much as it is WHEN they show her.  If they showed her after a 3 yard rush on 1st and 10 I doubt as many people would care as they do when they immediately show her after TDs.  That is "premium screen time" and most NFL fans want to see the reactions of the people actually playing and coaching the game.

Or Jerry Jones's back.

lol

Immediately after TDs, MOST NFL fans would rather see the reactions of the players and coaches instead of Taylor Swift's reaction.  MOST.  If that doesn't include you, that's fine.

If this is an option...

It's not as complicated as even that.  MOST NFL fans would rather see the player that scored the TD celebrating on the field with his teammates rather than see Taylor Swift celebrating in her suite.  Again: "MOST NFL fans."

There were only 3 KC scores and they showed Taylor 7 times. Pretty damn annoying. We get the pleasure of seeing her on every scoring drive BUT WAIT, that's less than half of her total appearances lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just like Romo, I don't think Brady has the personality for that job and will wash out just the same.

Bring Gruden back !!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just like Romo, I don't think Brady has the personality for that job and will wash out just the same.

Bring Gruden back !!!

Brady has the personality for being the best at anything he does.  If he wants to be an amazing commentator, he'll do all the training and become an amazing commentator.

Gronk is a certified retard and they trained him up enough to at least be semi-competent now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

“… of MY Super Bowl Titles.”

- Best O-line in NFL history

- NFL all time leading rusher

- First ballot HoF WR

- All Pro TE

- Top 3 defense

- HoF HC

Aikman was an average-ish QB who lucked into the most loaded roster in NFL history.  
View Quote

Yep. He wasn't a horrible QB that got lucky 3 times. But he wasn't someone that could elevate subpar talent like a Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes.

And frankly the Dallas offense he ran was kinda simplistic. They just had so much talent that they could line up, you knew by the formation exactly what play was coming, and they could still execute it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Brady has the personality for being the best at anything he does.  If he wants to be an amazing commentator, he'll do all the training and become an amazing commentator.

Gronk is a certified retard and they trained him up enough to at least be semi-competent now.
View Quote

Having a personality that makes for a great play-by-play commentator is one of those things that you just can’t learn after your NFL career is over, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Plus, the relationship is only going to last until Taylor gets in the way of Mahomes warming up.  
View Quote

When he gets tired of her shit I hope she doesn't start dating a Cowboy
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
This super bowl is gay that only a giant meteor could fix it.

The only redeeming storyline is Purdy has the chance to be the youngest QB to win the SB.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep. He wasn't a horrible QB that got lucky 3 times. But he wasn't someone that could elevate subpar talent like a Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes.

And frankly the Dallas offense he ran was kinda simplistic. They just had so much talent that they could line up, you knew by the formation exactly what play was coming, and they could still execute it anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“… of MY Super Bowl Titles.”

- Best O-line in NFL history

- NFL all time leading rusher

- First ballot HoF WR

- All Pro TE

- Top 3 defense

- HoF HC

Aikman was an average-ish QB who lucked into the most loaded roster in NFL history.  

Justin Tuck once said that Larry Allen would literally announce to the defense when the ball was going to be run behind him and they still couldn’t stop it.

I also maintain that Larry Allen was the most impressive athlete the NFL has seen in the past 40 years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Having a personality that makes for a great play-by-play commentator is one of those things that you just can't learn after your NFL career is over, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having a personality that makes for a great play-by-play commentator is one of those things that you just can't learn after your NFL career is over, IMO.

Every former player that's currently on TV went through a lot of training to be able to do what they do.  Ever notice how they all speak with a similar cadence?  That is all training, not natural talent.

"Personality" is somewhat trainable.  I don't think Brady will have Romo's childlike passion but I do think he's going to be an awesome commentator, definitely better than Olsen or Aikman.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Announcers: Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Tony Romo (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (sideline reporter), Evan Washburn (sideline reporter), Gene Steratore (rules expert)
I'll say it again: I'd pay good money for a device that would let me mute just Romo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Justin Tuck once said that Larry Allen would literally announce to the defense when the ball was going to be run behind him and they still couldn’t stop it.

I also maintain that Larry Allen was the most impressive athlete the NFL has seen in the past 40 years.
View Quote

He was. Newton was pretty impressive too.

I wish Dallas would try and rebuild a top notch line similar to 2016.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plus, the relationship is only going to last until Taylor gets in the way of Mahomes warming up.  

This “romance” is a very mutualistic relationship for both of their careers and earning power, but that stops being the case after the Super Bowl with Kelce no longer bringing much to the table.  I’d be suprised if it lasts much longer after that.

Also, say what you want about the Cowboys, but when their players date famous singers at least they are very physically attractive.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This “romance” is a very mutualistic relationship for both of their careers and earning power, but that stops being the case after the Super Bowl with Kelce no longer bringing much to the table.  I’d be suprised if it lasts much longer after that.

Also, say what you want about the Cowboys, but when their players date famous singers at least they are very physically attractive.
View Quote

True that. Romo was smashing peak Jessica Simpson.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every former player that's currently on TV went through a lot of training to be able to do what they do.  Ever notice how they all speak with a similar cadence?  That is all training, not natural talent.

"Personality" is somewhat trainable.  I don't think Brady will have Romo's childlike passion but I do think he's going to be an awesome commentator, definitely better than Olsen or Aikman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a “great” or “amazing” commentator is a far cry from “at least he’s better than Aikman.”
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a video of somebody saying that about Allen and it's pretty damn funny.

AFA the most impressive athlete thing goes, that answer is and will always be Bo Jackson. A 220lb. bulldozer with the speed of a gazelle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over a 4 year period, Dallas used 3 of their 4 first round picks to draft 3 First Team All Pro O-linemen (17 total All Pro selections between them) while having an average draft position of 19.

The Cowboys aren’t doing that again.

NO TEAM is doing that again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#28]
That O-line is one of the reasons I can’t wait for Stephen Jones to take over.

Fuckin’ Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel over Zack Martin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This "romance" is a very mutualistic relationship for both of their careers and earning power, but that stops being the case after the Super Bowl with Kelce no longer bringing much to the table.  I'd be suprised if it lasts much longer after that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This "romance" is a very mutualistic relationship for both of their careers and earning power, but that stops being the case after the Super Bowl with Kelce no longer bringing much to the table.  I'd be suprised if it lasts much longer after that.

Yeah, I refuse to believe it's purely coincidental that their "relationship" materialized at the exact same time Kelce showed up in 87% of TV commercials.  Those aren't just thrown together and filmed on a whim at the last minute.

The stupid "celebration" shots of her always look like she's just playing a role.  It's too over-the-top.

I keep waiting for Kelce to get injured so we can get the high drama shots of TayTay crying hysterically.  If he goes down in the SB and eventually stands up and hobbles off the field only to return triumphantly, that'll be the final clue that the whole thing is fake as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

AFA the most impressive athlete thing goes, that answer is and will always be Bo Jackson. A 220lb. bulldozer with the speed of a gazelle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try being a “gazelle” AND having the strength to bench press 705 pounds.

Larry Allen 700 pound bench press - Hall of Famer

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Over a 4 year period, Dallas used 3 of their 4 first round picks to draft 3 First Team All Pro O-linemen (17 total All Pro selections between them) while having an average draft position of 19.

The Cowboys aren’t doing that again.

NO TEAM is doing that again.
View Quote

Yeah, but. Look at what Dak and Zeke were able to do as rookies. I know that team was built to give Romo a shot at a ring. But in addition to being talented, Dak was pretty fortunate to have that line.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Try being a "gazelle" AND having the strength to bench press 705 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbzb13dYPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX-YuvQkSRE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Justin Tuck once said that Larry Allen would literally announce to the defense when the ball was going to be run behind him and they still couldn't stop it.

Try being a "gazelle" AND having the strength to bench press 705 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbzb13dYPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX-YuvQkSRE

Bo Jackson would have benched Larry, the barbell, AND the bench.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#33]
He had interviewed with the Dolphins, Giants and Packers for their DC positions. Only way Buffalo was keeping him was by promoting him to the same level internally.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Ben Johnson, who had the skins HC job in his hands is staying in Detroit.

Can’t wait for the defensive retread the skins end up hiring.

I’d be happy with Belichick or Vrabel, def not Quinn.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Steelers higher former Falcons head coach Smith as OC.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ben Johnson is probably the guy who keeps the lions going.

Campbell seems to be the moral support guy while Johnson figures shit out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bold choice.

The WTF is one of the more interesting coaching vacancies of this cycle. New ownership, new culture, good assets, etc. Getting in on the ground floor of that could have been really good, especially compared to the sort of bad situations HC vacancies usually come with.  

Meanwhile, the Lions offense could pick up right where they left off this season, or they might not. And if they don't, he might not get the same opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Steelers higher former Falcons head coach Smith as OC.
View Quote

Everyone remember to grab Pittsburgh's TE2 and RB2 in FF next season.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

MVP!!!

It's too bad he's so slow and immobile and can't evade defenders very well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel for his O-line.  It seems like a decent amount (maybe even half) of the sacks are his own fault.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I feel for his O-line.  It seems like a decent amount (maybe even half) of the sacks are his own fault.
View Quote
Burrow and Lamar are really close on the playoff sacks per game stat, the difference being Lamar consistently gets sacked a more stable/steady number of times. 7, 4, 5, 3, 3, 4.

Burrow is up and down and all over the place: 2, 9, 1, 7, 4, 1, 5
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Burrow and Lamar are really close on the playoff sacks per game stat, the difference being Lamar consistently gets sacked a more stable/steady number of times. 7, 4, 5, 3, 3, 4.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Burrow is also a pocket passer with average athleticism, and his team has struggled to put a good OL in front of him.

Lamar is a mobile QB that is either #1 or #2 in athleticism, and he has a top 10 OL.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, hilariously, the Bengals won the 9 sack playoff game.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He holds the ball forever until the blocking breaks down, often scrambling when it's too late, then won't throw the ball away because he thinks he can break any tackle.

He has too much confidence in his ability to run the ball.  I'd rather have a QB that's scared to run and gets the ball off quickly, like Brady, than one who thinks he can hold it forever and if nobody gets open, he can transform into a running back and make the play every time.  Mahomes and Allen have the balance figured out pretty well but Jackson is too dumb to realize his limitations.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being a Lions fan in the 90s in middle school. We'd occasionally talk about how crazy you it'd be if Barry Sanders had the Cowboy's Oline.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Being a Lions fan in the 90s in middle school. We'd occasionally talk about how crazy you it'd be if Barry Sanders had the Cowboy's Oline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think it would’ve made much of a difference for the Cowboys, but it definitely would have made a big difference for Barry Sanders.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top