Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The full official schedule release is Thursday night but the league is going to release some of them early:
  • Wednesday: International games via NFL Network and ESPN
  • Wednesday: Black Friday game via Amazon
  • Wednesday: "Select" individual games via Fox & Friends and CBS Mornings
  • Thursday: "Select" individual games via Today Show and Good Morning America
Some schedule changes this year:
  • First ever Black Friday game.
  • Rumored first ever Monday Night triple header for Christmas.
  • No games are network protected.
  • No team can be forced to play on Thursday more than twice.
  • No teams are guaranteed to have a primetime appearance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The Packers have released long snapper Jack Coco.
He was a rookie last season and played in all 17 games.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Schedule rumors. Reportedly the 2023 season will include the first ever Monday triple header for Christmas Day.

When Christmas fell on a Monday in 2006 and 2017 the league scheduled double headers, but this year they will bump it up due to how successful Christmas Day game ratings have been recently. The NFL did a Christmas Day triple header in 2022, but obviously that was on Sunday. Last year's Christmas Day Packers Dolphins game ended up being one of the 10 highest rated regular season games of the season.

In 2024 Christmas will skip forward to Wednesday. Might be an odd day to schedule games on
View Quote

Cashing in on Christmas Day makes a lot of sense. A huuuuuuge fraction of the population is gathering with family to have a meal and hang out together.

I have to assume a lot of people would take that Monday off to make it a long weekend if they don’t have it already. I confess as a farmer I’m not too in touch with work scheduling.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]

His son, J.J. Kapp, confirmed the death to the San Francisco Chronicle, writing in an email that Kapp died Monday after a "15-year battle with dementia."

n 2016, Kapp acknowledged publicly that he had Alzheimer's disease, telling a reporter: "Every single day I live being forgetful. I've got calendars on both of my shoes."

At the time, Kapp pledged to donate his brain for medical research after his death and his son confirmed that it will go to the medical school at the University of California, San Francisco.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the first time ever, no network will be tied to any Sunday afternoon games. No network is tied to any of the 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:05 p.m./4:25 p.m. ET games.

Under the old rules, CBS had all Sunday afternoon games involving two AFC teams - and any interconference games in which the AFC team was the visitor. Fox had all Sunday afternoon games involving two NFC teams, along with any interconference games with the NFC team on the road.

Now, there is no "package" for either network. What started as periodic cross-flexing will become open season.

As noted by Peter King in Monday's Football Morning in America column, the change is complicating the process of crafting the schedule. With the AFC currently the far more competitive of the conferences, it's coming at a perfect time for Fox, which gladly will give up its stranglehold on NFC games for a big slice of the AFC pie.

Not sure what the exact rules are yet, but looks like there are some requirements/protections. Reportedly this was a big cause of delay in the 2023 schedule which apparently was STILL being decided/assembled as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Possible big game schedule leak. Donna Kelce commenting on Facebook, said that the Chiefs will play the Eagles week 2 at Arrowhead.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For the first time ever, no network will be tied to any Sunday afternoon games. No network is tied to any of the 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:05 p.m./4:25 p.m. ET games.

Under the old rules, CBS had all Sunday afternoon games involving two AFC teams - and any interconference games in which the AFC team was the visitor. Fox had all Sunday afternoon games involving two NFC teams, along with any interconference games with the NFC team on the road.

Now, there is no "package" for either network. What started as periodic cross-flexing will become open season.

As noted by Peter King in Monday's Football Morning in America column, the change is complicating the process of crafting the schedule. With the AFC currently the far more competitive of the conferences, it's coming at a perfect time for Fox, which gladly will give up its stranglehold on NFC games for a big slice of the AFC pie.

Not sure what the exact rules are yet, but looks like there are some requirements/protections. Reportedly this was a big cause of delay in the 2023 schedule which apparently was STILL being decided/assembled as of yesterday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least there will still be games on network TV, I was thinking the move to streaming platforms started this year.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Possible big game schedule leak. Donna Kelce commenting on Facebook, said that the Chiefs will play the Eagles week 2 at Arrowhead.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

His son, J.J. Kapp, confirmed the death to the San Francisco Chronicle, writing in an email that Kapp died Monday after a "15-year battle with dementia."

n 2016, Kapp acknowledged publicly that he had Alzheimer's disease, telling a reporter: "Every single day I live being forgetful. I've got calendars on both of my shoes."

At the time, Kapp pledged to donate his brain for medical research after his death and his son confirmed that it will go to the medical school at the University of California, San Francisco.
View Quote

Fuck Alzheimer’s.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Wow. Hopefully he can sue for defamation and lost wages.

Sue his accusers I mean. Not the Bills.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Fox will have at least twice as many Cowboys games as any other network.”

At least Buck and Aikman are gone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Unfortunately, in the court of public opinion, it won’t matter.

At least he can sue.  The woman probably doesn’t have much (though that might not be about the money), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people on some of the sports networks with deep pockets made public comments about him that might be worth suing over.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

His accusers won't be able to pay his lost wages...

I'd actually be fine with the Bills being held responsible for the lost wages. If you let someone go on accusation alone, and it turns out to be false, then you hold some responsibility in those lost wages. I'm pretty confident they had options to keep him under contract while this played out, but they chose not to because of PR reasons. The decision was solely based on protecting their wallet, which obviously hurts his.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Still not watching the NFL.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for letting us know. I've been hitting F5 for days hoping to get your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn’t start until the fall.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd actually be fine with the Bills being held responsible for the lost wages.
View Quote
A: His accuser is still suing him.

B: I wouldn't be. The negative publicity would have been brutal for the Bills. They dropped him quick and it still wasn't good for them. It shouldn't be a responsibility/civil requirement for a privately owned business to hang on to an employee (even in a suspended state) while he face's litigation/accusations of gang raping a minor.

Not to mention this newest article doesn't remove the fact that police acknowledged recording a phone call where Araiza admitted to sexual relations with the victim and that she should get tested for STDs. Edit: So even if he wasn't involved in the gang rape specifically, he did admit to sex with a minor.

Edit: Or the huge issue with the publicity surrounding the school burying the incident for months during their football season and keeping it under wraps until after the draft.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

B: I wouldn't be. The negative publicity would have been brutal for the Bills. They dropped him quick and it still wasn't good for them. It shouldn't be a responsibility/civil requirement for a privately owned business to hang on to an employee (even in a suspended state) while he face's litigation/accusations of gang raping a minor.

Not to mention this newest article doesn't remove the fact that police acknowledged recording a phone call where Araiza admitted to sexual relations with the victim and that she should get tested for STDs. Edit: So even if he wasn't involved in the gang rape specifically, he did admit to sex with a minor.

Edit: Or the huge issue with the publicity surrounding the school burying the incident for months during their football season and keeping it under wraps until after the draft.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

15 year battle, I'm sure that was terrible.   I just lost my grandmother to that a few weeks ago, the last good conversation I had with her was in 2020.
View Quote

My 89 year old grandmother died from it last Sunday. It had been 2 plus years since I saw her. She had no idea who I was and she acted scared of me. She isn't suffering anymore.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks for letting us know. I've been hitting F5 for days hoping to get your opinion.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the phone call was what made me think there was something there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about the draft?

Did you watch the draft? @AR18
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What about the draft?

Did you watch the draft? @AR18
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Via Warren Sharp, cost of the WR rooms for 2023:

1. Cardinals - $53.2M
2. Broncos - $43.7M
3. Raiders - $43.4M
4. Jaguars - $41.3M
5. Browns - $39.7M
6. Buccaneers - $39.2M
7. Dolphins - $38.3M
8. Rams - $36.9M
9. Seahawks - $36.3M
10. Bears - $34.8M
11. Chargers - $34.4M
12. Commanders - $32.5M
13. Steelers - $30.7M
14. Jets - $30.5M
15. Saints - $28.9M
16. Bengals - $28.1M
17. Bills - $27.9M
18. Patriots - $23.9M
19. Cowboys - $23.5M
20. 49ers - $23M
21. Eagles - $22.8M
22. Giants - $22.8M
23. Chiefs - $21.7M
24. Ravens - $21.3M
25. Lions - $19.6M
26. Texans - $18.1M
27. Colts - $16.9M
28. Vikings - $16.2M
29. Falcons - $15.1M
30. Panthers - $14.5M
31. Titans - $9.8M
32. Packers - $9.4M

AFC has 4 of the 5 most expensive.
NFC has 4 of the 5 cheapest.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, I'm not saying they should be FORCED to hang on to him while things play out. Let them make the decision, but if they let him go & he was innocent then why not hold them at least partially responsible for lost wages? Of course all the other stuff you brought up should be factored in as well, and IMO that stuff makes their decision more reasonable despite the other part ending up not being true.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Via Warren Sharp, cost of the WR rooms for 2023:

1. Cardinals - $53.2M
2. Broncos - $43.7M
3. Raiders - $43.4M
4. Jaguars - $41.3M
5. Browns - $39.7M
6. Buccaneers - $39.2M
7. Dolphins - $38.3M
8. Rams - $36.9M
9. Seahawks - $36.3M
10. Bears - $34.8M
11. Chargers - $34.4M
12. Commanders - $32.5M
13. Steelers - $30.7M
14. Jets - $30.5M
15. Saints - $28.9M
16. Bengals - $28.1M
17. Bills - $27.9M
18. Patriots - $23.9M
19. Cowboys - $23.5M
20. 49ers - $23M
21. Eagles - $22.8M
22. Giants - $22.8M
23. Chiefs - $21.7M
24. Ravens - $21.3M
25. Lions - $19.6M
26. Texans - $18.1M
27. Colts - $16.9M
28. Vikings - $16.2M
29. Falcons - $15.1M
30. Panthers - $14.5M
31. Titans - $9.8M
32. Packers - $9.4M

AFC has 4 of the 5 most expensive.
NFC has 4 of the 5 cheapest.
View Quote

Wow, Packers went all out to set up Jordan Love for success.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Strength of schedule based on 2022's records:

Hardest schedules
1. Eagles: 161-123-4 (.566)
2. Dolphins: 158-127-2 (.554)
3. Patriots: 156-128-3 (.549)
T-4. Cowboys: 156-128-4 (.549)
T-4. Giants: 157-129-2 (.549)
6. Jets: 155-129-3 (.545)
7. Bills: 155-131-2 (.542)
8. Commanders: 153-133-2 (.535)
9. Rams: 152-133-3 (.533)
10. Raiders: 150-136-2 (.524)

Easiest schedules
1. Falcons: 119-167-3 (.417)
2. Saints: 122-164-3 (.427)
3. Texans: 123-163-2 (.431)
4. Colts: 124-162-2 (.434)
5. Titans: 127-157-4 (.448)
6. Panthers: 130-157-2 (.453)
7. Browns: 131-154-2 (.460)
8. Steelers 134-151-2 (.470)
9. Packers: 137-151-1 (.476)
10. Jaguars: 135-148-4 (.477)

The Eagles will have 10 games against 2022 playoff teams, tied for most in the NFL. 6 of their 8 home games are against playoff teams.

The Falcons only have 4 games against 2022 playoff teams, lowest in the NFL. Over the last 7 seasons, at least one of the two easiest schedule teams have made the postseason (Falcons/Saints).
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Packers currently have 9 WRs on the pre-season roster.
4 rookies
2 2nd year practice squad guys (0 career receptions)
3 2nd year players (88 total career receptions)

They have 5 TEs on the roster.
1 rookie
2 4th year players (47 total career receptions)

So into the training camp, they will have 14 total "receivers" with a combined 135 career receptions. The most experienced receiver has 11 career starts and 42 receptions.

I guess you could positively spin it by saying it is a very young receiving corps? Cheap for sure.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Strength of schedule based on 2022's records:

Hardest schedules
1. Eagles: 161-123-4 (.566)
2. Dolphins: 158-127-2 (.554)
3. Patriots: 156-128-3 (.549)
T-4. Cowboys: 156-128-4 (.549)
T-4. Giants: 157-129-2 (.549)
6. Jets: 155-129-3 (.545)
7. Bills: 155-131-2 (.542)
8. Commanders: 153-133-2 (.535)
9. Rams: 152-133-3 (.533)
10. Raiders: 150-136-2 (.524)

View Quote

All four AFC East teams.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

All four AFC East teams.
View Quote

top 8 are the 8 East teams

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#36]
The other teams in the AFC East have 'harder' schedules than the Bills entirely because they have to play us twice.

Remove the head-head and they have easier schedules.

No excuses!

I have not investigated why this doesn't apply to the Eagles
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

top 8 are the 8 East teams

View Quote

Hadn't noticed that. Should be interesting.

I had heard on Sirius today that it leaked that Dallas is playing at Buffalo this year. Looking forward to that game.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
4 rookies

1 rookie

So into the training camp, they will have 14 total "receivers" with a combined 135 career receptions. The most experienced receiver has 11 career starts and 42 receptions.

I guess you could positively spin it by saying it is a very young receiving corps? Cheap for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 rookies

1 rookie

Christian Watson had some big flashes last season despite missing a lot of time with injuries. Dobbs and Toure also put some exciting stuff on film.

Young group with a young QB, arm strength, and a willingness to throw contested passes will make for an exciting season. I don't have any heartache about them not going out and getting the number 1 guy or something.

There will be opportunities to bolster the group with a vet later on this summer if they deem necessary.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The other teams in the AFC East have 'harder' schedules than the Bills entirely because they have to play us twice.

No excuses!

View Quote

The 1 seed has to play other 1 seeds where as the three seed gets to play the three seed for certain games.

Based on SOS looks like the east teams are playing each other.

ETA:

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

The 17th game is an additional game against a non-conference opponent from a division that the team is not scheduled to play. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

So they have three games against one seeds vs the rest of the division that plays against 2-4 seeds.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The 1 seed has to play other 1 seeds where as the three seed gets to play the three seed for certain games.

ETA:

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

The 17th game is an additional game against a non-conference opponent from a division that the team is not scheduled to play. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No excuses!

ETA:

So they have three games against one seeds vs the rest of the division that plays against 2-4 seeds

Yeah, that's why I was wondering why Buffalo with all those deliberately tougher 'seeds' including the other 1s had the easiest schedule in the division.

Simply because they all have 2 games against the Bills 13-3 record and we don't play ourselves.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're not watching it right now either.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Bengals Chiefs week 17 New Years Eve (AFCCG rematch)
Jets vs Dolphins Black Friday game on Amazon
Giants vs Eagles Christmas Monday afternoon
Ravens vs Titans week 6 London
Dolphins vs Chiefs week 9 Germany
Colts vs Patriots week 10 Germany
49ers vs Eagles week 13 (NFCCG rematch)

First ever back-to-back London team:
Jaguars vs Falcons week 4 London
Jaguars vs Bills week 5 London
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All I wanted last Christmas was to drink a beer and watch football.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cashing in on Christmas Day makes a lot of sense. A huuuuuuge fraction of the population is gathering with family to have a meal and hang out together.

I have to assume a lot of people would take that Monday off to make it a long weekend if they don’t have it already. I confess as a farmer I’m not too in touch with work scheduling.

All I wanted last Christmas was to drink a beer and watch football.  

I’d give nearly anything to watch football with my father this Christmas.

Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bengals Chiefs week 17 New Years Eve (AFCCG rematch)
Jets vs Dolphins Black Friday game on Amazon
Giants vs Eagles Christmas Monday afternoon
Ravens vs Titans week 6 London
Dolphins vs Chiefs week 9 Germany
Colts vs Patriots week 10 Germany
49ers vs Eagles week 13 (NFCCG rematch)

First ever back-to-back London team:
Jaguars vs Falcons week 4 London
Jaguars vs Bills week 5 London
View Quote

Howd the Jags get the shaft on this one? I would hope they have a bye week after to compensate for travel, etc.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Howd the Jags get the shaft on this one? I would hope they have a bye week after to compensate for travel, etc.
View Quote
To Shahid Khan it isn't the shaft. The Jaguars play in London every year and it has long been reported he wants to move the Jags to London. Goodell has said the NFL is still open to adding a 4 team European division, of which I am sure the Jaguars would be the 1st team.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Steelers released CB/ST Arthur Maulet. They could not come to an agreement on his contract and he requested the release. A seven-year veteran, he had 106 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 PD and 1 INT over the last 2 seasons with the Steelers. Played aprox 40% of the defensive/special teams snaps in that time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Following up on last weeks report, Henry Ruggs' plea deal was formally accepted in court this morning. The judge asked Ruggs several questions during the proceedings before she ultimately accepted the parameters of the agreement. A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for August 9th where he will find out where he lands on the 3 to 10 year plea term.

Clark County district attorney Steven B. Wolfson said of the ruling Wednesday, "This outcome accomplished our three most important goals: (1) convict Henry Ruggs of the strictest charge allowed by Nevada law for drunk driving; (2) send Henry Ruggs to prison; and (3) eliminate his ability to appeal his conviction and prison sentence."
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Strange news of the day. Legendary multi-sport athlete Bo Jackson will undergo surgery to correct chronic hiccups which have gone on since July 2022.

He was asked about the Frank Thomas statue dedication in April and he revealed he was not in attendance due to the hiccups: "I wasn't there because of dealing with hiccups. I've had the hiccups since last July and I'm getting a medical procedure done the end of this week, I think, to try to remedy it. I've been busy sitting at the hospital sitting with the doctor's poking me, shining lights down my throat, probing me every way they can to find out why I've got these hiccups. That's the only reason I wasn't there."

He was later asked if the doctors had figured out the cause of the condition. They had not, and Jackson has apparently tried remedies from the cliche to the exotic: "Hell no. I have done everything: scare me, hang upside down, drink water, smell the ass of a porcupine. It doesn't work."

Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top